World Street Car Championship | WSC | Sign-Ups OPEN! |

  • Thread starter Thread starter Taiga
  • 288 comments
  • 13,494 views

Timing

  • GMT+8 8:00AM (Qualifying start)

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • GMT+8 9:00AM (Qualifying Start)

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • GMT+8 10:00AM (Qualifying Start)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GMT+8 11:00AM (Qualifying Start)

    Votes: 4 26.7%

  • Total voters
    15
I think the series should be suspended until the whole car balancing fiasco sorts out.
It could be just a 1 week postpone.
It would be christmas too anyways, so I guess everyone would be out celebrating?
 
Nah, just celebrate my college holiday. Nothing else. :lol:
I'm fine with postponing for a week or two. :D
And if you guys want to race-test the car, hit me up!
 
Kev how is your RX8? What was it's race pace?

i think the race pace was in the 59's and i qualified with a 58.4, so given the fact that i didnt practice at all until the lounge opened i was pretty pleased with how quickly i set the car up. i was pacing the s2000 for quite a while until i would get impatient and over drive the car.
 
I think the series should be suspended until the whole car balancing fiasco sorts out.
It could be just a 1 week postpone.
It would be christmas too anyways, so I guess everyone would be out celebrating?

Hey slzk, I'm going through some of the cars too. I'm not sure if my issue last night was my car, my tune, or me. But I'm going to find out. I'll keep updating what I find.
 
I think the series should be suspended until the whole car balancing fiasco sorts out.
It could be just a 1 week postpone.
It would be christmas too anyways, so I guess everyone would be out celebrating?

I think it's a good idea to skip the Holidays honestly. You'll have 5-6 diehards that make everything, but it'll be lonelier.

As for regulating cars, I'm going to send a PM shortly out to some tuners I know, to get an idea what cars should be close to start with.👍

I'm really sorry for what happen today to me and Csl.
It's a really good fight with Csl, Ian and me ahead but i'm the one to blame for the over ambitious move. Though i'm not 100% at fault. Csl close the door while i miscalculate the manuvere but i'm surprise that little bump cause Csl to go off like i hit him at high speed. :boggled:

All and all, my apologise for my part of fault.

On the other hand, see, like i told ya', 4wd will have the most advantage no matter what, if tune right (like Ian did and execlude MR.) :p
10-90 wheel power-thingy ratio really grips the car.

Hey, slzk, if the Amuse prove too fast (like the Subaru), can i test the premium S2k?...the Honda one, not another Amuse. :)
I tried not to overreact, but you also didn't wait up or anything to indicate you knew you were at fault. That little bump meant the Supra was gone into the sand.
It also wasn't just that corner bump, the turn before you braked so late you literally crossed in front of me entering the turn. Thankfully I saw you flying in like that and waited to turn in a bit.

You just gotta calm down, 34 laps, nobody can win on lap 3. ;)
 
Well.
The Z4M, Supra and the Integra would be the firsts out of the list.
 
Should you postpone the race till next year? Because I'm available on Jan. 1 onward. I'm scared that I gonna be disqualified from the race for attendance! :nervous:
 
Well.
The Z4M, Supra and the Integra would be the firsts out of the list.
Best PP racing cars I know of: (meaning at 520PP these will run away from most cars in GT5)
Clio
NSX
RX7
M3 CSL
Evora
M3 GTR
Audi R8 4.2
Any premium Subaru (3 I think)
Premium Evo's

Possible:
BMW1-1.png

MazdaRX8-1.png

N370Ztaken.png

nissansilvia-1.png

CamaroSS-1.png


That's the list I can make off the top of my head. 9-13 cars right there, depending how many of the same type we want. (3 EVOs and Subarus)

Of course it depends what you want, there's cars scattered around that are great, good, bad, and terrible for PP racing, the list I made are the fastest of the fast at 520PP that I know of for certain.

I've PM'd he who I determine has the most knowledge on GTP of these PP related performance matters.👍
Hopefully he'll have some to add.

BTW - I could be wrong, but I think the Amuse R1 is out of everything's league, there's a few around, mostly tuner cars, which are typically banned from PP based tuning competitions for what that's worth. I won't have much time for personal testing, but hopefully I can at least be of assistance this way. 👍
 
CSLACR
Best PP racing cars I know of: (meaning at 520PP these will run away from most cars in GT5)
Clio
NSX
RX7
M3 CSL
Evora
M3 GTR
Audi R8 4.2
Any premium Subaru (3 I think)
Premium Evo's

Do these cars race well together tho?
 
Do these cars race well together tho?

I'm not sure what you mean.
Part of the beauty of PP racing is people can choose between lower power and less weight and high power on a heavier weight. The cars should be roughly similar, I'm sure some will corner faster and some will be faster straight line, etc, but that's unavoidable in GT5. Kind of a good thing too, for variety.

But these cars can all turn similar lap times, etc at multiple tracks, they're known to be the best to choose for random online rooms because they're just faster at the same PP as other cars.
I think they'll be excellent.
 
That's an interesting line of cars. I can see the competition in there too. But we have to fill 16. And those probably take up 10 or so.
 
That's an interesting line of cars. I can see the competition in there too. But we have to fill 16. And those probably take up 10 or so.
Bare minimum it's 9, with only 1 EVO and Subaru, which I assume is the goal.

I listed possibilities that might match up as well, they're at the least very close, and I'm sure I forgot some and hopefully Praiano will remember them for me and maybe even name some I don't know about too.

A possible option would be 2 sets of PP's, one for some cars and slightly higher for slower cars, but that will need some field testing and I don't have it in me atm.

I think after Praiano PM's me back, we'll have at least 12 definite cars, and quite a few to dig through and pick favorites from.

The other option would be to cross out the best at PP racing, but that would remove favorites. The RX-7 in particular I know is awesome, along with the NSX.
It's up to you, it's your series, just trying to get you a list you can choose 16 cars from. I have 9 solid and 5 possible, so that's a good start I think.

PM received, more cars to come.
Clio
NSX
RX7
M3 CSL
Evora
M3 GTR
Audi R8 4.2
Premium Subaru
Premium Evo
Alfa Romeo 8C
Shely Series 1
S2000 R1
'03 Nissan 350Z (US version) - Standard car, not premium

Possible -
Camaro SS '00
Camaro SS '10
Nissan Silvia
Mazda RX-8
Nissan Fairlady Z
BMW M3 and/or Concept premium
 
Last edited:
Your list is good. And I bet, if we went with it, the NSX and Evora would be the first to be grabbed. :p
I think the Elise would be good too.
 
Your list is good. And I bet, if we went with it, the NSX and Evora would be the first to be grabbed. :p
I think the Elise would be good too.
The Elise probably is, good point, forgot about that little guy.

As for the NSX and Evora being picked first, wouldn't bother me one bit, the only cars there I wouldn't really want are the STI, EVO, and Shelby Series 1. I just don't really care for them, nothing with performance.
Of everything else I'd be happy with any really. Probably prefer either the CSL;) or '03 350Z though.

FTW the US version of the '03 weighs a good bit less stock then any other 350Z's, that's why it's better for PP racing.
 
The series 1 and R8 can be booted, I don't really see it's place in a street car league.
That leaves us with a solid 11.
Then maybe we could test from the possible list. I was thinking of the Honda S2000 as well.
 
The series 1 and R8 can be booted, I don't really see it's place in a street car league.
That leaves us with a solid 11.
Then maybe we could test from the possible list. I was thinking of the Honda S2000 as well.
So basically, nothing that could be called a supercar? (Meaning no C5 Z06 either)?
Well we have the Amuse, if that's not overly fast, which it might not be, I assume the goal is 16 different cars over multiple ones of the same model?

Clio
NSX
RX7
M3 CSL
Evora
M3 GTR
Audi TTS
Premium Subaru
Premium Evo
Alfa Romeo 8C
S2000 R1
'03 Nissan 350Z (US version) - Standard car, not premium

Possible -
Camaro SS '00
Camaro SS '10
Nissan Silvia
Mazda RX-8
Nissan Fairlady Z
BMW M3 and/or Concept premium
Lotus Elise

Of course if these were all the cars we could find, I'm sure we can make a good 16 grid out of it.
And I forgot about the Audi TTS, that fits the bill yes? Excellent PP car, right up there with the others.
 
The TTS requires a proper tune to drive fast.
That's a good solid list right there. I guess we could go with that.
 
Let the testing begin.:)
 
so the results of the first race dont matter now? just curious if we are starting all over or not
 
Most likely. 2012.
 
Renaultsport Clio
Honda NSX
Mazda RX7
BMW M3 CSL
Lotus Evora
BMW M3 GTR
Audi TT-S
Subaru Impreza '10/'07
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX/X
Alfa Romeo 8C
Amuse S2000 R1
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
Mazda RX-8
Lotus Elise

2 more, then I'll start the testing.
 
are we resetting the car choices too? or is it first dibs on whoever posts which car they want? obviously the nsx stands out for me, love that car, but im sure everyone else does.
 
Renaultsport Clio
Honda NSX
Mazda RX7
BMW M3 CSL
Lotus Evora
BMW M3 GTR
Audi TT-S
Subaru Impreza '10/'07
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX/X
Alfa Romeo 8C
Amuse S2000 R1
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
Mazda RX-8
Lotus Elise

2 more, then I'll start the testing.
I'd recommend trying the new FT-86, could be good. Also what about the R34 Skyline?
Pretty sure the '03 Nissan 350Z is still a good bet too, unless I'm mistaken.
 
We'll test the GT-86 along with the Z33/R34.

I just drove the FT-86 G-Sports concept yesterday for a lap around the Nurburgring.
I'm in love.

@Kevin: Yes, we are resetting the car choices. Though there are many good cars to choose from now. :)
 
If you need any help testing I'm open. I don't know what to do or anything, but just letting you know.
 
If you need any help testing I'm open. I don't know what to do or anything, but just letting you know.
Try as many of these cars as possible at a track. Any track you like, and report the fastest lap with each that you get.
It doesn't have to be perfect laps, they don't have to be fast, the important thing is to make sure each lap represents what the car is capable of in relation to the others. I recommend driving each car about 5 laps or so in either an online lobby or in you online lounge and rotating through. As you get more and more familiar with the track, you'll run faster and faster and get solid laps easier, that's important to remember.
Sorry if I sound preachy, I've just done this quite a bit. There is a method to the madness. :D

:cheers:
Toyota FT-86
'03 Nissan 350Z US VERSION
Nissan Skyline R34
Renaultsport Clio
Honda NSX
Mazda RX7
BMW M3 CSL
Lotus Evora
BMW M3 GTR
Audi TT-S
Subaru Impreza '10/'07
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX/X
Alfa Romeo 8C
Amuse S2000 R1
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
Mazda RX-8
Lotus Elise

It also doesn't have to be all the cars, any group of at least 4-6 cars helps.
I recommend testing on a season track. ;)
 
Should they be at the PP limit and racing specs? or just stock?
 
Yes. They have PP limits. Maybe I should have dibs on the RX-8.
 
Try driving them at 520pp if possible.
To make this easier, put a mini review of each car and compare whatever you tested on the list.

The FT86 has to be the G-sport one.
 
I'll probably end up testing a lot of em just cause i really don't have anything better to do haha.
 
Back