::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 6 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,116 comments

Did you hear about the man who lost his whole left side?

• Total voters

Those are download files, not the images themselves.

You should upload pictures to sites like the one below:

eg. photobucket, flickr, tinypic, etc.

I use Photobucket :)

11012011771.jpg

11012011772.jpg

Can anyone help me name the JGTC cars in the picture? I would like to see if we can add a few cars to the GT300 stable... i believe the pics include most, if not all of the JGTC cars (maybe missing 1 or 2)

credit to - 'Ya_Pops' for the pictures.

EDIT: Here's a list... maybe incomplete... don't know which is which...

Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '97

Nissan PENNZOIL Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99

Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 (JGTC) '00
Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE (JGTC) '00
Honda RAYBRIG NSX (JGTC) '00
Honda ARTA NSX (JGTC) '00
Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00
Nissan LOCTITE ZEXEL GT-R (JGTC) '00
Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT (JGTC) '00
Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S (JGTC) '00
Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '00

Honda LOCTITE MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '01
Honda Mobil 1 NSX (JGTC) '01
Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA (JGTC) '01
Nissan PENNZOIL ZEXEL GT-R (JGTC) '01
Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R (JGTC) '01
Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '01
Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) '01

Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (JGTC) '03
Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (JGTC) '03
Subaru CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA (JGTC) '03
Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03
Toyota WOODONE TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '03
Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) '03

Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z (JGTC) '04
RE Amemiya AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 (JGTC) '04

Last edited:
PSN: OwensRacing
Class: GT500
Car: Calsonic GTR (Testing Raybrig NSX.....got a handle on the set up so it seems....if it's not a hand full on Le Sarthe then it might be what I use, I still have not ruled out the Z)

PSN: chorda
Car: Lexus Petronas Tom's '08, Toyota Tom's Supra '97, Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z '06, AUTECH MOTUL GT-R '08 (Will decide during the week, also want to see the decition regarding the Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z)

Last edited:
Heh, I was about to post that list.

Is knowing what they look like going to help? We know that there are 26-odd JGTC cars, and apart from the Diablo which is ludicrously overpowered, they mostly have similar stats to SuperGT cars. I know they changed a lot of the aero rules when they went to SuperGT, but whether that actually translates to anything in-game is another story.

I think we'll leave the GT500 JGTC's for the moment. I just want to know which are the GT300's... i guess i have to call my friend Google for this one.

I wanted to post my tune for this week too.

Cusco Subaru

LSD Front, Initial Torque: 10 (08' Only)
LSD Front, Acceleration Sensitivity: 30 (08' Only)
LSD Front, Braking Sensitivity: 10 (08' Only
LSD Rear, Initial Torque: 15
LSD Rear, Acceleration Sensitivity: 35
LSD Rear, Braking Sensitivity: 15

Torque Distribution F/R: 30/70

Ride Height Adjustment F/R: 15/12
Spring Rate F/R: 14/16
Dampers (Extension) F/R: 5/7
Dampers (Compression) F/R: 7/8
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/4

Camber Angle F/R: 2.2/1.0
Toe Angle F/R: -0.01/0.0

Brake Balance F/R: 8/6

By Rivers - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=163817&highlight=cusco

I changed only two things. First, full downforce. Second, 50/50 torque split. For some unknown reason, the car accelerates noticeably faster with a 50/50 torque split than with any other split. More than the increased grip would seem to justify. I don't know why. A downside of this is increased tyre wear and increased tendency to understeer, but it's totally worth it in my opinion. At the very least, you should be aware that this option exists if you choose to use it.

I think we'll leave the GT500 JGTC's for the moment. I just want to know which are the GT300's... i guess i have to call my friend Google for this one.

Oh, I can tell you that.

Oh, I can tell you that.

Thanks dude 👍

I'll see if i can get the specs on these cars...

I changed only two things. First, full downforce. Second, 50/50 torque split. For some unknown reason, the car accelerates noticeably faster with a 50/50 torque split than with any other split. More than the increased grip would seem to justify. I don't know why. A downside of this is increased tyre wear and increased tendency to understeer, but it's totally worth it in my opinion. At the very least, you should be aware that this option exists if you choose to use it.

Understandable for straight speed, but 50/50 I would assume would amount to monumental understeer :D

Understandable for straight speed, but 50/50 I would assume would amount to monumental understeer :D

Not nearly as bad as you'd think, but it requires some odd throttle usage. Normally, you'd come off the throttle really fast coming into a corner and then ease the power on coming out. This is the opposite, you have to ease off the power so that you don't put too much engine braking on the fronts. But the 4WD means you can just slam the power on out of a corner. It's weird to get used to.

Thanks dude 👍

I'll see if i can get the specs on these cars...

I've got all of them in my garage except for the RX7 and the Silvia. I'll post specs when Bob is done breaking in my white Supra.

Ok. I don´t know really where to start...I had definitely "ghost car issue". I only saw 6 others starting in Div 1.
C-Falc, Nycrom, Kamy, Senninha, Moleman, Masi. I´m waiting now for the replay to end so I can take a photo of the race results If somebody has problem to understand what Im saying.

Johnkiller, its difficult to try to race fairly if You don´t SEE your opponent. And the same in swedish so there wont be any misunderstandings.

Jag såg inte DIG i Racet (fattades många andra också). Tyckte jag redan skrev det i lobbyn, men du tycks inte ha fattat.:ouch:

I´m not that type of guy that would try to race a GT500 car when Im driving a GT300 car. Im 37 years old, happily married for 13 years with the most beautiful Wife in the world, have 3 kids a cat and a dog.Owning a Construction Company.Living in our own 250m2 house. I only do this for fun, I understand if You kids try to be competitive and fight for Your standings, but not me. Im not in the need to get a reputation beeing a fast driver(penis extension), but I want a reputation as a CLEAN driver. Its really hard to try to explain things in english, hope U got my point.

Think somebody from Japan or eastern USA should try to host these lobbys for a try. Its closer to Europe, and I understand that only European players had the "ghost car issues".

Then secondly, think the Host should have a mic to avoid those question chaoses 3 minutes before the race.

And then finally my thoughts on the race itself. In my opinion I drove very well. Think I got almost max pace
for the whole race. Im very happy with my best lap 2´04.
Resulting only 6 sec behind the Great Masi.(who hadn´t done an oilchange to his car, but sure had the power to overtake me with an amazing speed before the chicane...) Only 1 car lapped me, and I gave room to him on the straight before the chicane, think it was C-Falcon?

Im sorry Masi, but Im gonna bump this message to a new
page so long that Johnkiller replys that he had understand
my ghost car issue. Or at least so long til You bump me out
of the GTPlanet :guilty:

I cant say that im really happy about beeing accused for
something I havent done...and very sad about the ghost car
issue. Those things eat Your brain, specially after you had training a whole week for 1 RACE...👎

Just did some quick time trial and error on the Castrol Tom's Supra '97 (Premium) with AND without the Mid-Range turbo kit, vs. the Nissan Xanavi Nismo 7. The test was on De'La Sarthe '09 w/ Chicanes, and they were only fairly clean laps, not best by far.

The standard settings, all assists off, ABS 1, racing hard tires.

Results:

Toms '97 w/ Mid Range (528 hp) - 3:57.676 - Top Speed (186 mph)
Xanavi '06 (534 hp) - 3:58.268 - Top Speed (185 mph)
Toms '97 Stock (504 hp) - 4:03.397 - Top Speed (184 mph)

Broken-In Numbers (Again, not best laps possible)

Tom's '97 Stock (517 hp) - 3:58.795 - Top Speed (185 mph)
Tom's '97 Mid-Range (541 hp) - 3:55.450 - Top Speed (187 mph)

--

Lexus Petronas Tom's SC430

NOT Yet Broken-In:

Petronas 430 '08 w/ Mid-Range Turbo (522 hp) - 3:57.323 - Top Speed (182 mph) <--- 2nd Lap EVER in this car..

Broken-In:

Petronas 430 '08 w/ Mid-Range Turbo (538 hp) - X:XX.XX - Top Speed (xx mph) - Will test when I get home, along with a couple NSX's and GTR's to effectively compare the lot.

--

So it seems as if the Castrol Tom's Supra '97 (P) is a bit too strong with the mid-range turbo kit, however I think it could be quite the competitor running stock, after a break-in. I love this car!

The Castrol Tom's is definitely more forgiving than any of the other GT500 cars, but with the extra power from the turbo it becomes a little more of a challenge to handle and seems to keep up decently well. The Lexus seems to become a beast with the mid-range, still cornering better than most the other cars. I will be doing plenty more testing over the weekend and the week to come. I'll also keep an eye out for some of the other cars to pick up and test out.

Last edited:
Wonder what motor stage 3 does compared to stage 2 turbo.

I do have 2 Castrol Tom's... so I have been debating trying this on one of them (since it is not reversable :nervous:)

edit: Cannot Stage3 this car, only Mid and High range turbos!

Last edited:
EPIC POST

No problem mate, if it was because of technical issues then you've got nothing to feel bad about. The game does weird stuff sometimes.

Johnkiller did the right thing by bringing it up. He doesn't know what's going on at your end. It could have been anything.

But you're right, if you can't see the other car there's nothing you can do. Ultimately, no harm was caused so we can probably let it go.

What worries me more in general is that if people who are affected by this ghosting bug can actually hit other cars then that's a potential source of major issues. Chances are pretty high that a large accident will be caused at some point. The simplest solution I can see for now is if someone is in race and obviously affected by the bug they quit in order to avoid potential damage to other players. Obviously, that's pretty harsh on them, especially when it may be only one or two players that they can't see.

Do we know at all what causes the bug? Can we reproduce it in anyway, or is there anything we can do to avoid it? People who have had this bug, do you have it repeatedly? I've never had it (to my knowledge). If we can narrow it down then maybe we can at least work around it.

Edit: Fully broken in Castrol Supra is 517hp. With Stage 2 I'm guessing that would probably be 541 which would be a bit much.

Last edited:
@ RamoSapiens - well, i guess that explains it. This is the first time we experienced the 'Ghost' car issue. No problems at all in the first 3 races. And to comment about having a different host, well, that will be hard to do. I don't think we have anyone in the current driver's list who is from the east coast. I think Sallyk23 is from Virginia? Although hosting will be tentative since we will never know if he (or anyone else who wants to host) will qualify for either Division 1 or Division 2 week by week. That's assuming we want to hold the races simultaneously like we've done the past 2 races...

About the mic: As we've seen, there's obvious issues with connections, either it be the host, the other players, or the PD servers. This also goes to every single online event out there, not just this one. We want to maximize the latency as much as possible, so the mics being disabled is/are a necessity - specially with our diverse Euro grids. I don't think the rolling starts will be a problem at all once we get a few more practice races on our belts 👍

Back to hosting issue... maybe i should bring my PS3 to my College :D

Sometime last year...
703488623.png

I really hope PD does something about this ghost issue.

Standard GT300 car specs: HP/Weight/Max Front Aero/Max Rear Aero

Wedssport Celica '03 (FR): 322/1050/35/60
ARTA Garaiya '03 (MR): 334/1125/35/60 NOTE: Coolest tyres of any car I've seen in game. 👍
Cusco Subaru '03 (FR): 327/1100/35/60
APEX MR-S '00 (MR): 315/1125/35/60

I oilchanged/engine rebuilt all these before taking the numbers. This should be max for all of them stock.

On paper, they're unlikely to dominate any of the cars we have now.

Does anyone have the broken-in Sc430 numbers w/ Mid-Range? I just bought the Petronas and threw on a turbo to break test it out.. 522 before break-in?

Taken from previous topic.

you can protest but im 99% sure it was mainly your fault but hey i could be wrong.

lap 3 - last hairpin, you tried to push me into the pits (as i was along side you) however i wasnt planing on going into the pits so i tried to bk off but i cliped the side of you as you tried to turn in, i let u get bk....

lap 4 - bottom hairpin you made mistake defending on inside and going wide, i have the racing line on inside and you "cut" striaght back in causing me to get damage and your all over the place...

also il add maybe beging on lap 3 you cut up Nycrom on the pit straight.. dont think he would of bee happy with that.

Last hairpin you made me spin, so you did not have the corner and you were not along side you weren't even close. I am perferctly entitled to defend my position if the situation requires it.

Bottom hairpin, made me spin and weren't fully alongside me going into the corner so therefore you shouldn't of tried the move i the first place.

With Nycrom, I was already defending going into the first corner so he had the option going onto the normal line going into the first corner which he did.

I made 1 move to defend on those occasions and the fact is the damage which was caused because you damaged my left was your own doing, I could protest about you taking Nycrom out at the bottom hairpin as I was right behind you.

It is not wise for you to protest.

Standard GT300 car specs: HP/Weight/Max Front Aero/Max Rear Aero

Wedssport Celica '03 (FR): 322/1050/35/60
ARTA Garaiya '03 (MR): 334/1125/35/60 NOTE: Coolest tyres of any car I've seen in game. 👍
Cusco Subaru '03 (FR): 327/1100/35/60
APEX MR-S '00 (MR): 315/1125/35/60

I oilchanged/engine rebuilt all these before taking the numbers. This should be max for all of them stock.

On paper, they're unlikely to dominate any of the cars we have now.

Awesome 👍

So those are all max HP numbers since they are used, right?

Do you mind doing some testing to see how fast they are compared to the premiums?

Updated post #44 w/ information about the Castrol Tom's Supra '97 & Petronas SC430 '08

Time to let Team BSpec break in my Lexus while I sleep!

PSN: Faria0808
Car: Nissan Calsonic GTR

Can i join the championship ?

Awesome 👍

So those are all max HP numbers since they are used, right?

Do you mind doing some testing to see how fast they are compared to the premiums?

Will do.

Take it to the stewards, preferably with replays and pictures. You can both throw words at each other all day, and nobody is any the wiser if we can't actually see what's going on. Write down what you think happened, take as many pictures of the incident from your replay as you can, give it to Masi and let him and his stewards figure it out.

Off course i am staying true to the series. Can't wait for La Sarthe, btw i think i will be using the Subaru there.

PSN: GTP_Aizen_93
Class: GT300
Car: Arta Garaiya

Oh, I can tell you that.

Hay Imari, how much HP does the Subaru have fully broken in? I think i will use it on the last Pre-Season race.

Love to hear paginas story first though.

What do you think Masi?

I did not know I had to save the replay though.

I think i should go to sleep :D

I'll take a look tomorrow. It's pretty late down here in the land of the brave, home of the whoppers...

And to the new guy (James May)... yes, you are in. Entrance fee is $198 USD + Tax. Send it to my PayPal ;)

Hay Imari, how much HP does the Subaru have fully broken in? I think i will use it on the last Pre-Season race.

The premium one is 333. It's a very nice car, it's so stable. It's unlikely to qualify on pole, but it's not far off, and over a race distance where consistency is key it's a great car. If only we had standing starts, then you could smoke people off the line with your 4WD. :D

Back