::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 6 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,116 comments

Did you hear about the man who lost his whole left side?

• Total voters
Love to hear paginas story first though.

What do you think Masi?

I did not know I had to save the replay though.

You don't have to save it, but if there are incidents it certainly helps. I can see you at any time on my own replay for instance, but the movements of other players aren't as detailed as my own. Because GT5 only transmits the minimum of information, sometimes other players can appear to be quite jerky when actually they aren't. That's why it's better if you can use your own replay, it gives you the best record of your own movements.

I always save the replay, and just overwrite the last weeks one. You never know when something might happen and you want to review it.

Johnkiller, its difficult to try to race fairly if You don´t SEE your opponent. And the same in swedish so there wont be any misunderstandings.

Jag såg inte DIG i Racet (fattades många andra också). Tyckte jag redan skrev det i lobbyn, men du tycks inte ha fattat.:ouch:

Now I understand !!!!!

I didn't know about this bug until reading this new thread. When you wrote it in the lobby, I thought you mixed me up with another car or just talking BS. I tried to delete my post in the other thread but as its closed I couldn't.

Pls accept my apology.

Masi,

Could you please do me a favour and delete my post in the Nurnberg thread. Knowing now about this bug I feel really bad about what I wrote.

Cheers

Now I understand !!!!!

I didn't know about this bug until reading this new thread. When you wrote it in the lobby, I thought you mixed me up with another car or just talking BS. I tried to delete my post in the other thread but as its closed I couldn't.

Pls accept my apology.

Masi,

Could you please do me a favour and delete my post in the Nurnberg thread. Knowing now about this bug I feel really bad about what I wrote.

Cheers
Sometime this kind of connection problem happen...:( probably will be better check before start tha race, if anyone drivers can see on the track all the others drivers.. 👍

i had a great battle with Moleman on the first 10 laps but a gt500 car push me wide so you overtook me. and in the pits i lost some seconds behind masi. then i made a couple of mistakes when i tryed to close in moleman. i was abit stupid that i took so many risks instead of just be happy with my 2nd place so i ended out 5th.
PSN: GTP_Senninha
Class: GT300
Car: probarbly the Autobacs Arta Garayia

here are my set up,s from nurburgring if anyone is interested https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=163596

Last edited:
PSN: GTP_monoha
Class: GT500
Car: Nissan MOTUL Autech GTR

I wouldn't mind the silly points for being present but unable to connect (engine start failure) in D2 :D

Taken from previous topic.

With Nycrom, I was already defending going into the first corner so he had the option going onto the normal line going into the first corner which he did.

I made 1 move to defend on those occasions and the fact is the damage which was caused because you damaged my left was your own doing, I could protest about you taking Nycrom out at the bottom hairpin as I was right behind you.

It is not wise for you to protest.

I honestly think that in any situation where I battled with Falcon and Paginas I have not been damaged, Falcon certainly is very aggressive to protecting his position, but is free to do that.. if it changes direction only once, and he has behaved well.
But I believe in these races must always be very careful when we have an opponent very close to us, the game view is limited and in danger of too close a path .. then creating damage.
Race is not free practice..👍

PSN: Paginas
Car: Nissan Nismo GR-R or Nissan Nismo Z

@ Falcon
I am not protesting i was just defending myself from what you said about me/what i did...

I am just suggesting to you what i thought you did wrong while driving/defending your position.

If i didnt get the damage/held up by you i think i could of caught to within 5 seconds but we will never know, i seemed to be quicker on used tyres

Last edited:
I know that it's not decided yet. But as soon as it is, post the amount of laps for each circuit in the OP.

PSN: BiffyClyro93
Car: Lexus Petronas SC430, although it could change depending on testing

I'm in again, last night wasn't the best to be perfectly honest (although boltzzz did a good job to manage it), but it was a good, clean first race for me, and I hope you'll consider me good enough to race in this series.

It bears mentioning again, but if you're not using an external view you should be racing with your minimap set as FIXED TO CAR and scale 1 or 2. This lets you see very accurately the position of cars around you.

Many senses are taken away from you in game that you would normally use. Peripheral vision, directional sounds, and so on. But if you're not making full use of the tools the game gives you to make up for the lack of these, there's really not much excuse. Between the minimap and mirrors it's possible to be aware at all times of the positions of your opponents with just a flick of your eyes.

Updated post #44 w/ information about the Castrol Tom's Supra '97 & Petronas SC430 '08

Time to let Team BSpec break in my Lexus while I sleep!

Broken in Lexus is 538BHP with turbo for me. I would test it but I'm in the middle of Indy 500 :ouch:

I'm gonna try out the IS350 compared to the Impreza for Sarthe and see how it goes. :D

By the way Masi, in the points it says I didn't finish the race but I did. :) I was +1 laps though.

If i didnt get the damage/held up by you i think i could of caught to within 5 seconds but we will never know, i seemed to be quicker on used tyres

Not too sure buddy.

I never had to push hard during the race. In the end, I drove on safty only. Last lap i just cruised behind a GT300 car. I did significant improvement in car setup during Friday, improved lap times with 1.5 sec. If pushed hard, I could get into the 1.56s. Did it in online practice.

So are we likely to be using JGTC cars in GT300? It'd definitely be nice to see a bit more diversity in the grid for the slower class. When will we decide?

For the GT500s, I guess if the Lexus is about the same pace with the turbo, you guys will have enough quite equal cars to work with too.

PSN: Moieman
Class: GT300
Car: RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX7

Also Masi (or anyone), did you try using a method to get PS3 recorded onto a PC? I used to work in video editing so I have a bit of experience once a video is in front of me but I have no idea how to get what's displayed on the PS3 recorded onto a PC.

Last edited:
Div 2 was really a shambles last night with div 1 drivers joining at the last minute there was confusion about grid slots and Wilhelm asking us, 1min before the race, to wait for him because he had to drop his sister off somewhere, he later came back and was pissed that the race started and swore everyone. i got dc while in a comfortable 2nd position in gt300 on the 17th lap.

and after numerous pre race discussion about being extra cautious on the 1st corner, that Zyber guy comes flying into me, forcing me to race with damaged right suspension for 10 laps...arrrgh!

Div 2 was really a shambles last night with div 1 drivers joining at the last minute there was confusion about grid slots and Wilhelm asking us, 1min before the race, to wait for him because he had to drop his sister off somewhere, he later came back and was pissed that the race started and swore everyone. i got dc while in a comfortable 2nd position in gt300 on the 17th lap.

and after numerous pre race discussion about being extra cautious on the 1st corner, that Zyber guy comes flying into me, forcing me to race with damaged right suspension for 10 laps...arrrgh!

I saw this happen, thought it was very reckless... knew there was a reason why I was only faster than you for a few laps :P
Unlucky on the disconnect btw.

PSN: johnkiller2
Car: Probably Xanavi Nismo Z but I might change.

Cool with allowing a small turbo on the Lexus. I will try it out and maybe use it for next pre-race.

psn: sonic-_-89b
class: well i am thinking trying gt 500 in this track not sure yet
car: it depends in which class i am going to race

what sarthe are we runing?
can anyone test the rx7 LM ? if its equal with other gt500 cars i dont see a reason not getting in

Div 2 was really a shambles last night with div 1 drivers joining at the last minute

To be fair, I was advised by Masi to join, after I couldn't connect to the division 1 lobby. When I joined, I asked everyone if it was okay for me to race, I even offered to start at the back of the grid. Since no-one objected and I was told to start on pole, I did.

I couldn't have got there any earlier, as I came straight from the D1 lobby.

what sarthe are we runing?
can anyone test the rx7 LM ? if its equal with other gt500 cars i dont see a reason not getting in

If we let the Rx-7 LM in, then we will have to let the NSXLM and the Rx-8 LM in. Infact, all the JGTC cars.

The reason it is being done for GT300 is the lack of diversity in car choice. I personally think we should stick to just the Super GT Premium cars (no Castrol tom's), it looks classier and more concordant. With Lexus's being competitive again, it's plausible that we will see a colourful grid.

if i can use the celica im in...i should have bought it when i saw it go through the used car dealership...maybe someone can gift or trade it to me ;)

PSN=tr1mble
class=GT300
car=03 Celica(if i can get it)..or something else if not
location=jersey

Doing some quick testing with the IS350 Weds Sport - with and without Rigidity Improvements. First thoughts is that the car doesn't seem to be much quicker with it, since it doesn't extend the "limits" of the car, it just makes it easier to drive, especially on the power. Anywho, tried a 5-lap stint at Grand Valley Speedway (A circuit which I know very well), like so:

Lexus IS350 - Stock setup, 333BHP, Racing Hards, No Rigidity Improvement
Fastest Lap: 1:55.008
Total Time: 9:59

Lexus IS350 - Stock setup, 333BHP, Racing Hards, Rigidity Improvement
Fastest Lap: 1:54.675
Total Time: 9:56

RX7 - Stock setup, 337BHP, Racing Hards
Fastest Lap: 1:54.312
Total Time: 9:53

--

To be honest, the Lexus is much easier to drive than the already (imo) easy to drive RX7. For example up the hill at Grand Valley (towards the tight hairpin), you could drive the Lexus up there with your foot flat to the floor blindfolded, it's that easy. In the RX7 it's much more of a challenge to keep your foot flat through there.

However in terms of setup, on a stock setup the Lexus already feels great, I don't know what you'd do to make it quicker, while the RX7 feels loose and with a few setup tweaks (from stock) would be easily a lot quicker. Was also constantly doing 1:54s in the RX7, while the Lexus with Rigidity was more like 1:55s with a quick 1:54 on the final lap. (Was worried I wouldn't beat the non-rigidity-improvement laptime, actually :P)

Anyway, make of that what you will - worth the test but imo if you want to regularly compete at the front of GT300 I think the Lexus isn't the choice to take.

I changed only two things. First, full downforce. Second, 50/50 torque split. For some unknown reason, the car accelerates noticeably faster with a 50/50 torque split than with any other split. More than the increased grip would seem to justify. I don't know why. A downside of this is increased tyre wear and increased tendency to understeer, but it's totally worth it in my opinion. At the very least, you should be aware that this option exists if you choose to use it.

Thanks for posting this. I have been trying different settings to incresae acceleration with no luck. Messing with different transmission settings never seemed to help much. I never even considered a 50/50 torque split to help that out. I'll give it try for sure.

Did a little test on with the WEDSSPORT Celica and AUTOBACS MR-S. Lapped the other GT300 cars around too to show the comparisons with my pace.

Tested on Nurburgring GP/F (Familiar track).

Car - Time - Laps spent testing - Top speed on home straight

ARTA Garaiya --- 2'01.736 - 4 - 143
RX-7 ----------- 2'01.754 - 2 - 144
Celica (321 HP) - 2'01.972 - 2 - 144
MR-S (315 HP) -- 2'02.119 - 5 - 143
IS350 ---------- 2'02.573 - 4 - 141
Impreza -------- 2'02.839 - Lots - 141

A faster time could have been achieved with the ARTA but it's more of a handful than the RX-7.
The Celica is really good down the straights (lovely power curve) and it only has a bit of understeer.
The MR-S understeers alot more than you think but you get a lot of lift-off oversteer.
The Impreza is by far the worst car. The time above is the fastest time I achieved in qualifying for the race which I spent hours on.

Personally I would let both the Celica and MR-S in. :)

Not sure about the Silvia AERO because I don't have one. :P

Some Pics from Div1 - Couple of the rolling start, but mostly of the battle for the lead of GT300 (Click for bigger versions, don't want to spam the topic with 20+ massive images :P)

Last edited:
Back