World Touring Car 700 - car suggestions?

• Thread starter Neonix1
  • 127 comments
Norway
Norway
Are there any good suggestions for how to be able to beat this race?
I've tried a myriad of cars: Mazda GT3 detuned, Toyota Supra Gr4 with racing soft and turbo tuning (692pp), GT-R R35 Nismo with 699.98 tuning (racing hard), Porsche 911 GT3 RS with 699.92 tuning (racing hard), and I have zero chance of ever getting better than 5th. By that time the 5 laps is simply over on Trial Mountain (the first course).

I must be doing something wrong. WTC 600 was fairly easy for me, but no matter the car or tuning on WTC 700 I can never get in the top 3.

I'm playing with a controller with most assists off, and have had zero problems mostly getting 1st on all races until now, with AI difficulty on the hardest setting.

Are there any good suggestions for how to be able to beat this race?
I've tried a myriad of cars: Mazda GT3 detuned, Toyota Supra Gr4 with racing soft and turbo tuning (692pp), GT-R R35 Nismo with 699.98 tuning (racing hard), Porsche 911 GT3 RS with 699.92 tuning (racing hard), and I have zero chance of ever getting better than 5th. By that time the 5 laps is simply over on Trial Mountain (the first course).

I must be doing something wrong. WTC 600 was fairly easy for me, but no matter the car or tuning on WTC 700 I can never get in the top 3.

I'm playing with a controller with most assists off, and have had zero problems mostly getting 1st on all races until now, with AI difficulty on the hardest setting.
I used the Audi R8 GT3 detuned to 699.xx on RM. I was about 2.5 seconds a lap faster than the Gr4 Supra. Took the lead before the end of the long tunnel on lap 5 (IIRC) for Trial Mountain. Nurb took it after Carousel.

Last edited:
As it is a Gr.4-based championship, you can also go for one of the regular Gr.4 machines (most of which should be purchasable from Brand Central) and buy a set of Racing Softs to stick it on. With these tyres, I was able to get a clean sweep in a stock Gr.4 Mustang without needing to tweak any other settings.

Last edited:
I’m doing it in a radical. You have to have racing brakes and racing gearbox to adjust the top speed for the first two races and then knock it back a bit for the ring lap.

I’ve tried multiple times in a stock and tuned Gr 4 Supra, stock and tuned Porsche GT3, and many other cars, and there is no chance in hell. It’s so weird, I’ve played at the hardest difficulty all up until now and has zero problems getting mostly 1st place. Then came this event which at the same difficulty seems like going from Easy to Super Hard in difficulty.

I miss my wheel and pedal setup. Driving with a controller is so stuttery and jittery by comparison.

Finally fo
I’m doing it in a radical. You have to have racing brakes and racing gearbox to adjust the top speed for the first two races and then knock it back a bit for the ring lap.
Thanks! Setting up my GT-R Nismo at like 699.x and adding a race box and adjusting the gear ratios resulted in 1st place in all of the races. Finally!

I used the Scirocco for the 600PP races and finished 1/3/2 then tuned it up for the 700PP races and finished 1/1/1

GL

Last edited:
I just tried and only managed 5th. I did have a couple or near spins that set me back a little due to the AI cars being much bigger than mine and trying to overtake too agressively. Would you mind sharing your tune? I did literally run out of money so some parts I don't own. I'm running the mid-rpm turbo, air filter, racing intercooler, full custom computer, Customisable racing gearbox, racing brakes and pads and Racing soft tyres. Power tuned down a few percent with both power restrictor and ECU for I think 337hp?

I went better on my first Attempt with the Castrol Toms supra on Racing hards tuned down for power. I got 3rd. I might give it another go with adding a weight ballast and keeping more power.

I found it hard in a standard GT4 car. Then slapped mid range turbo on Supra GT4 and no problem all gold with racing softs.

It's probably mainly my inconsistent amateur driving... I managed 2nd overall, with 2/3/5th places in the races. I guess some higher ups failed on the last race? Lucky me.

I did it in the Castrol toms supra GR 3 with a 150kg ballast -10 and 90% power limited by ECU. Was so close to first on trial mountain I continued with the championship only to get much worse. Particularly on the 'ring, half way through I kept getting stuck behind the blue viper to the point where I couldn't even see what was coming up because he was so slow and I had to be so close to him, but no easy places to overtake for about 30 seconds. Painful.

You need to adapt car choice to the type of circuit. Big power circuits with long straights won't need as much emphasis on light weight and amazing handling, so much as a ruddy great turbo!

This one is hard - just finished 2nd overall with R32 Skyline 665PP.
Before I tried with Supra Gr.4 (with RS 662PP) and AMG GT S '15 (690PP) and both times finished third overall.
I feel that Mercedes is giving most chances, but hardest to drive.

Maybe will try with lowering HP to Tom's Supra Gr.3

Point is, u can catch them even with default Gr4, but no mistakes allowed because they will run away.

In any case, interesting one!
Does platinum requires first place in every race?

This one is hard - just finished 2nd overall with R32 Skyline 665PP.
Before I tried with Supra Gr.4 (with RS 662PP) and AMG GT S '15 (690PP) and both times finished third overall.
I feel that Mercedes is giving most chances, but hardest to drive.

Maybe will try with lowering HP to Tom's Supra Gr.3

Point is, u can catch them even with default Gr4, but no mistakes allowed because they will run away.

In any case, interesting one!
Does platinum requires first place in every race?
As far as I know but more people know more I don’t think cafe results affect platinum trophy achievements.

If you have the Alfa 155, it's so easy, you'll laugh at the opposition. On Normal I usually got the lead by the end of lap 2 and finished 20 seconds ahead.

The difficult one was definitely WTC 600, because some of the opponents (Kokuren, Hizal) are on Sport Softs, and Gallo with his NSX '17 is no slouch. This one will require a good car, I used the GT3 '01 (on Sport Hards!). Kokuren's RE Amemiya RX-7 is by far the biggest threat. If you keep reloading the first race, you can end up with a heavy rain setup that'll ruin Kokuren's day and knock him out of contention if he finishes 8th at the Red Bull Ring like he did in my run.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm second at 600 too.
Only non gold finishes in Championships.
There I tried with 699PP Scirrocco but somehow car wasn't quick enough.
But again, it's up to me and my mistakes.

Tomorrow I'll probably try again 700, maybe 600 too.

Because next menu book is rally races and can't force myself into it, it's most annoying part of GT for me.

Rolled over the opponents (difficulty set to normal) with the Tom's with RS and tuned down 🙂

Oops: I already said that a few posts before 😅

Last edited:
These are the road cars I used that I have found success with. They are under 700 pp on race tires, widebody and full downforce:

• 993 RS
  • 996 GT3
  • Evo 6 TME
  • Ferrari 308 GTB
  • Alpine A110 '17
  • 911 GT3 RS (991)
  • 997 GT3
  • Radical SR3 SL (no widebody nor custom parts available)

Last edited:
Used the Suzuki Swift Sport GR.4 with a medium-RPM Turbocharger
-hard race tires
-set fuel MAP TO 6, no need to pit
-added a power restrictor to get it under 700pp

I was struggling with this one mightily ... until I followed Praiano's Tunes for the Audi TTS '14. I dunno how he does it, but the car has great acceleration and is very steady on handling. Came 1st, 3rd, and was about to go into the lead at the Nürburgring until contact at the very last overtake knocked the car into a skid, and I slid over the line in 3rd. Still good for 2nd overall in the championship.

Back