World Touring Car 700 - car suggestions?

• Thread starter Neonix1
  • 127 comments
Thank you for the assist, my fellow race fan. I appreciate your quick reply because I was losing my mind.

Sadly, I feel my age as I completely forgot that I won the Audi Quattro when I did the menu books way back when. I never even thought to check my garage. I simply went to Brand Central to look for it but it's not there.

In terms of Tom's Supra, it's not in my legendary car dealership so I'm guessing it was there at one time. Don't know how I missed it
Another tip regarding looking for cars Brand Central only have cars that were produced 2001 onwards 👍

I can't find Tom's Supra under the Toyota brand.

I also can't find Audi Quattro s1 under the Audi brand

Are those cars in a different place or did you guys have to win them somehowe
They will appear in legendary cars in due time. Just check in everyday

Last edited:
Legendary cars. The alfa is also great at most 800pp races even thou its pp is much lower
Thanks for both your replies.

I'm mad at myself for not checking LCD regularly. I checked it when I first got the game and the prices were high for me. But, in truth, I may not have recognized that these were great cars.

Thanks for both your replies.

I'm mad at myself for not checking LCD regularly. I checked it when I first got the game and the prices were high for me. But, in truth, I may not have recognized that these were great cars.
You can always be stupid like me and spend real money for credits when a car is available but you dont have enough to buy thru earnt credits

Use R32 from the previous challenge. Tyre RM, medium RPM turbocharger and a tweak on everything to keep it below 700. This car is smooth and conquer all tracks. The thing with AI on the 3 races is to never make any mistake. At all. Do it and you can take 1st position on the 4th lap.

Use R32 from the previous challenge. Tyre RM, medium RPM turbocharger and a tweak on everything to keep it below 700. This car is smooth and conquer all tracks. The thing with AI on the 3 races is to never make any mistake. At all. Do it and you can take 1st position on the 4th lap.

I had a lot of trouble with world touring 600 and thought the same for this one but I used a corvette c7 gr 3 and tuned the hp down until I got 699pp with no other changes. 1st race 1st by 12.2 seconds. 2nd race 1st place by 2 seconds due to a huge hit lol, 3rd (nurburgring) race 1st by 3 seconds.

Are there any good suggestions for how to be able to beat this race?
I've tried a myriad of cars: Mazda GT3 detuned, Toyota Supra Gr4 with racing soft and turbo tuning (692pp), GT-R R35 Nismo with 699.98 tuning (racing hard), Porsche 911 GT3 RS with 699.92 tuning (racing hard), and I have zero chance of ever getting better than 5th. By that time the 5 laps is simply over on Trial Mountain (the first course).

I must be doing something wrong. WTC 600 was fairly easy for me, but no matter the car or tuning on WTC 700 I can never get in the top 3.

I'm playing with a controller with most assists off, and have had zero problems mostly getting 1st on all races until now, with AI difficulty on the hardest setting.

i have found the Alpine A110 2017, to be very good on Le Sarthe, fuel is good, I try only with mostly Road Cars and this car is very good.

Do you have a tune for this? I need an Alpine road car for my list.

Can't vouch for it yet, but this could be worth a test drive...

B80
Can't vouch for it yet, but this could be worth a test drive...

I believe that’s as good a place as any to start my day, not sure how I missed that. Thanks!

Very nice setup, easy win, thanks again.

Last edited:
I've tried a myriad of cars: Mazda GT3 detuned, Toyota Supra Gr4 with racing soft and turbo tuning (692pp), GT-R R35 Nismo with 699.98 tuning (racing hard), Porsche 911 GT3 RS with 699.92 tuning (racing hard), and I have zero chance of ever getting better than 5th. By that time the 5 laps is simply over on Trial Mountain (the first course).

I must be doing something wrong. WTC 600 was fairly easy for me, but no matter the car or tuning on WTC 700 I can never get in the top 3.

I'm playing with a controller with most assists off, and have had zero problems mostly getting 1st on all races until now, with AI difficulty on the hardest setting.
You definitely are doing something not right. The 600pp championship should be harder with the insane AI rubberband at Suzuka than the 700pp championship.
My rule of thumb is it's always better detune than extreme upgrading.

I can't find Tom's Supra under the Toyota brand.

I also can't find Audi Quattro s1 under the Audi brand

Are those cars in a different place or did you guys have to win them somehow?

There aren't cars from this century at Brand Central, they will be at Legend CD or Used CD, although the UCD also has cars more recent than 2000, like Ferrari F430, McLaren MP4-12C or Porsche 997, that also can be bought on Brand Central.

The Alfa and the Supra would be at LCD

When I do the World Touring Car 700 events I usually use tuned and customised road cars (with racing liveries)instead of GR4 Cars or detuned higher ranking race cars, to keep things more interesting...

My favorite ones for easy wins:
Corvette C4
Corvette C6
De Tomaso Pantera
Lanmorghini Countach 74
Ford GT 06

For not so easy wins:
BMW M3 Sport Evo
Lancia Delta
Porsche911 930 Turbo

For hard competition:
Any old muscle car...;-)

But hard,easy or not depends also on the track(the above is more a Le Mans version) and of course personal style and preferences...

When it comes to GR4 cars, the Jaguar is the best bet for me-on any track!

When I do the World Touring Car 700 events I usually use tuned and customised road cars (with racing liveries)instead of GR4 Cars or detuned higher ranking race cars, to keep things more interesting...

My favorite ones for easy wins:
Corvette C4
Corvette C6
De Tomaso Pantera
Lanmorghini Countach 74
Ford GT 06

For not so easy wins:
BMW M3 Sport Evo
Lancia Delta
Porsche911 930 Turbo

For hard competition:
Any old muscle car...;-)

But hard,easy or not depends also on the track(the above is more a Le Mans version) and of course personal style and preferences...

When it comes to GR4 cars, the Jaguar is the best bet for me-on any track!
I totally agree...
The tuned up Corvette C4 is my favorite car for races against Gr4 race cars..such a smooth ride!
The Pantera and the Countach are great too!
..and the Delta and the M3 can deliver, but it are more of a challenge
(the GT 06 can be boring, at least at Le Mans...it's too quick)

And when it comes to Gr4 race cars, I'll take the Jaguar-it is good on any track...

Edit: wow, I answered my own post...at least I totally agreed ;-)
Shouldn't be posting here after 5 beers...

Last edited:
Believe it or not,the 1960's Mini Cooper with the tuned Civic Type R motor can win the 700 Le Mans race,but there isnt much wiggle room as the tyre wear is quite poor,but on the upside fuel use is very good with 4+ laps.

If you want good road cars for this, I can vouch for these:

• VW Golf I GTI w/ Audi inline 5 swap.
  • Aston Martin DP-100.
  • Mazda Miata NA w/ 13B swap
  • BMW M3 E46 with the Z4 GT3 engine
  • 4-rotor swapped RX-7 and RX-8s.

The red bull xjunior 2014 is amazing. You can run softs and all out most tracks and not have to pit. Takes me about 5 laps but I catch them all and if needed I pit at the same time as the leaders and I’ve won all the races so far. Need to do le mans half hour next

I used the BMW m3 '07 and maxxed out tuning. Added wb kit and wide tires, full wing and racing hard tires. It has 575 hp and is 2698lbs at 699.84 pp. It ends up being better than the gr4 BMW or any of the other gr4 cars including the supra. Easy win!

WTC 700 Le Mans race is my go to grind race.
After grinding all over again with same cars I recently started to tinker with more cars to try to fit them under 700pp.
One of my favorite ones was Amuse r380 with swapped engine and also swapped 02 nsx.
Recently added Giulia is not bad.
In order to kill the boredom of grind and in anticipation of psvr2 I tried a race without hud, no assists just abs.
Immersion is great and I highly recommend to try it.

WTC 700 Le Mans race is my go to grind race.
After grinding all over again with same cars I recently started to tinker with more cars to try to fit them under 700pp.
One of my favorite ones was Amuse r380 with swapped engine and also swapped 02 nsx.
Recently added Giulia is not bad.
In order to kill the boredom of grind and in anticipation of psvr2 I tried a race without hud, no assists just abs.
Immersion is great and I highly recommend to try it.

Great setup! The detuned C9 on raintyres is a bullet-proof moneymaker. Still fast enough and does four laps easy= 1 pitstop 👍

The Trans Am can barely win it.
Lots of other cars can win with a comfortable lead. My suggestion is the 787B with IM tires. Run FM 6, set the gears to where it just barely redlines on the Mulsanne, rear downforce max, front downforce minimum, reduce power output and restricts output, then add ballast at -50 in that order to achieve 700pp. You will not need a pit stop.
If you need more downforce, raise the back end of the car.
It's more fun in the Trans Am though. The only way you could make it better is to be racing along with 18 safety cars and a semi.

Last edited:
CLK LM, easy mode for 700, and 800PP events
Fm3 for LeMans
Fm6 for 800PP events
With a little short shifting, never need to stop, unless for rain

Edit: added setups

Attachments

• PP700 CLK-LM.jpg
    PP700 CLK-LM.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 32
  • PP800 CLK-LM.jpg
    PP800 CLK-LM.jpg