Worst Liveries Of All Time

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 1,105 comments
Same with silver painted backgrounds, it seems only McLaren has found a consistent winning formula for that.

I utterly hate the post-West liveried chrome McLarens.

New%202006%20Team%20McLaren%20Mercedes%20Livery%20-%20Front%20Three%20Quarter.jpg

You're right, silver doesn't often work well when it comes to sponsored liveries. However;

Silver being used well

McLaren MP4/13
5102832152_ea8f0ea28a_z.jpg

Audi A4 quattro BTCC
2128363640_42818edf5c.jpg

sumbrownkid
The great irony of these liveries is that even though we find them ugly, we still remember them.

In some cases, but I couldn't recall how boring and nondescript most of the recent Minardis were until I clicked on them.

This makes them infamous, not famous.

Can't become infamous until you're famous.:)

In some cases, but I couldn't recall how boring and nondescript most of the recent Minardis were until I clicked on them.

Most liveries I blame of being too corporate driven and little imagination. It's stale. Look at F1.

Remember the Audi R8 that had the alligator livery at Sebring? That was ugly, but at least it was audacious enough to warrant a nod of approval from my end.

I don't exactly love the DTM Castrol livery on the new M3.

Castrol's colours would be extremely hard to work with when there are other major sponsors who want their colours on their car. An example of this is Ford, who's shade of blue doesn't exactly fit in too well with Castrol's red and green, as seen in the two pictures below.
v8sc09021303.jpg

ford_Focus_RS_WRC_Racing_03.jpg

Toyota wore Castrol colors the best (Celica, Corolla, Supra, AE86, more) would have liked to see how the Super GT SC430 would have looked in it.

Now this is bad
p1010870t.jpg

Also Joey Lagano's Home Depot Livery...
Joey+Logano+under+Kyle+Busch.jpg

...the all orange does nothing for me... it looks so boring

iCyCo
Also Joey Lagano's Home Depot Livery...

...the all orange does nothing for me... it looks so boring

Its similar to Tony Stewart's Home Depot car from a long time ago.

tony-stewart-b.jpg

I actually like or at least don't mind many of the liveries posted in here. "Worst liveries" should be things like horrible color combinations (like orange and purple), unfitting colors like hot pink (not terribly motorsports-y), generic liveries (solid color or near-solid, perhaps with just a basic sponsor/team name printed blandly on there), or maybe liveries with humiliating sponsors.

Here's an excellent example of an atrocious livery:
-center-brawn-bgp001-rubens-barrichello-australian-gp-2009-1-43-15209-p.jpg

It's just a bland, white car. Not only is it just nearly solid, but it's the most boring color that could ever be painted to a car. The only actual color splashed on there is the urine-yellow stripe. It's like a blank sheet of paper onto which someone made a quick streak with a yellow highlighter.

IceMan PJN
I actually like or at least don't mind many of the liveries posted in here. "Worst liveries" should be things like horrible color combinations (like orange and purple), unfitting colors like hot pink (not terribly motorsports-y), generic liveries (solid color or near-solid, perhaps with just a basic sponsor/team name printed blandly on there), or maybe liveries with humiliating sponsors.

It's just a bland, white car. Not only is it just nearly solid, but it's the most boring color that could ever be painted to a car. The only actual color splashed on there is the urine-yellow stripe. It's like a blank sheet of paper onto which someone made a quick streak with a yellow highlighter.

White cars are beautiful. so clean looking and you can see the aerodynamic components so clearly. also, neon yellow, black, and white excellently compliment each other. what a stunning color scheme, i love this car!

I actually liked the BGP-001. It looked like a racing car, not a billboard travelling at 300km/h.

It's like a blank sheet of paper onto which someone made a quick streak with a yellow highlighter.
Well, bear in mind the team's history - they were a last-minute effort. White, black and yellow were chosen as the team's colours, and they were placed on the car in such a way that there were still large empty spaces available in case they found a sponsor mid-season.

Works though, since it's Maziora paint, so it is kind of the point.
2002060916000036ST04M11.jpg

Looks much better here.. the pic I have up is actually a model so probably didn't come off to good.

The black on Tony's car does add a little bit to it... they did add some white to Joey's though
2010_Joey_Logano_20_The_Home_Depot_TOYOTA_CAMRY_73UpFront-640x360.jpg

I have some here. First, the Oregon Alfa Romeo from 2004 ETCC or WTCC.

etcc_training_03.jpg

JSM Alfa.

image.php

Varta Peugeot 307.

image.php

This Sureteam whatever Vauxhall.

image.php

Mini WRC.

mini-monte-carlo-rally-livery.592.jpg

There's more actually, but these are by far the worse...

-center-brawn-bgp001-rubens-barrichello-australian-gp-2009-1-43-15209-p.jpg

I love this livery! I actually miss these cars.

I'd be severely worried if my urine was that colour. :lol:

On topic:

The Star Wars red bull was ugly-

22.jpg

David Pinkney's Honda Integra, his Vectra looks quite good.

David_Pinkney_2006_BTCC_Oulton_Park.jpg

Back