Worst Liveries Of All Time

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 1,105 comments
JSM Alfa.

image.php

How on earth does this look anything but fantastic? It's stunning.

I have to say of all the F1 cars put in here there's only 1 that actually was atrocious, the red bull/star wars car :yuck:

I think it because it's quite hard (in my opinion) to make such a beautifully aerodynamically made car look bad.

I think the new HRT livery looks brilliant, huge improvement on last years pathetic attempt.

I think the new HRT livery looks brilliant, huge improvement on last years pathetic attempt.

There isn't much you can do with no sponsorship. Once in a while you can make it work, ala Brawn, but often it's difficult. As the penultimate and penultimate-penultimate Tyrrells show.

Tyrrell 024 - 1996
5531612776_fdbebf698e.jpg

Tyrrell 025 - 1997
salo97tyrrell.JPG

I wouldn't call the above liveries ugly. In fact, I like the 1997 Tyrrell for its simplicity. But the point is, without sponsorship and/or sponsorship money, cars will look bare and undesireable.

Last edited:
There isn't much you can do with no sponsorship. Once in a while you can make it work, ala Brawn, but often it's difficult. As the penultimate and penultimate-penultimate Tyrrells show.

Tyrrell 024 - 1996
5531612776_fdbebf698e.jpg

Tyrrell 025 - 1997
salo97tyrrell.JPG

I wouldn't call the above liveries ugly. In fact, I like the 1997 Tyrrell for its simplicity. But the point is, without sponsorship and/or sponsorship money, cars will look bare and undesireable.

Yes I agree with you, that's the main reason last season's car looked so boring, they could only really change the colours to improve the looks. I think the new livery is a good move which should make the car stand out more on the grid, it's a good looking car I and hope they stick with the new colours for seasons to come.

Definitely preferable to the slightly mundane Marussia 2012 model.

I feel its one of those ideas which sounds and looks great close up like on the grid and in the paddock but when its out on track it just looks like very dirty fly paper!

We have a winner :dopey:

Your prize is the car.. :sly:

Back