Worst you've dealt with online...

• Thread starter Tommy_861
  • 5,982 comments
Cheat, lie, steal and if anyone objects kick'em in the goonies, what's not to understand:grumpy:

Funniest thing I have read all day! 👍

Man, I hate the people that use your car as a cushion. They will ram you from behind to stop that faster (at your expense), they will use your car as a guide rail into corners (basically they can come in faster than you, and slow down usining the side of your car).

I try to make it a point not to be first into a turn. I hang back and watch the gridlock unfold then shoot the gap. As far as being a moving guard rail , giving a quick rearview glance to check for incoming has always helped me out with hostile racers.

Almost seems like Death Race minus the weapons :sly:

Quality post ^

Thanks for a good laugh - from someone old enough to remember Cornholio (-:

The very idea that Beavis and Butthead is nostalgia fills me with an unexplainable sorrow...

Back in GT5P, I'd always try to get on at "GTP" times, and I would sometimes luck into a room full of clean racers or WRSers. Would only suck if it was a WRS race and I was in the wrong car. They'd be a lap behind in a restricted car and I'd be racing all by my lonesome up front.

One tip is to go for rooms with higher difficulties and restrictions. The worst players tend to congregate in the unrestricted rooms.

Yes, i do the same thing, first search on skid recovery off rooms, that's where the gold lies. :)

then specify until you find what you look for. :)

The very idea that Beavis and Butthead is nostalgia fills me with an unexplainable sorrow...

Back in GT5P, I'd always try to get on at "GTP" times, and I would sometimes luck into a room full of clean racers or WRSers. Would only suck if it was a WRS race and I was in the wrong car. They'd be a lap behind in a restricted car and I'd be racing all by my lonesome up front.

One tip is to go for rooms with higher difficulties and restrictions. The worst players tend to congregate in the unrestricted rooms.

I tried to make a fairly restricted room last night to get a good SuperGT race going.... I ended up driving around Suzuka by myself for 15 minutes and then gave up lol.

I made a 15 lap Daytona lounge in the same car a few days ago, it got full, anyone who caused an accident was kicked.

Some a**hole started chirping me because of my PSN and that I was driving an LFA. Then, he started telling others that they suck at drifting. So, I challenged him into a grip race and trolled him. He pussied out.

I made a 15 lap Daytona lounge in the same car a few days ago, it got full, anyone who caused an accident was kicked.

it's a bit harsh don't you think? Accidents always happen, it's about how you deal with them aka wait for the one you hit off track and vice versa.

If it's done on purpose though, kick them immediately!👍

So I decide to race online for the very first time earlier today. Before I'd just practiced a bit and hung around watching people race online. Eiger Nordwand Short Circuit, I had my Superveloce project car all ready for the race and I've been practicing my lines to race cleanly...and what does everybody do? Punt into each other like they think they're still playing Hot Pursuit.

Thanks a lot, PSN. Could've gone my whole life without the game giving me a first impression that poor.

Well I was playing in a room called CLEAN NASCAR and this guy during the race turns his car around and drives the wrong way the whole time. For the next 10 laps we had to play dodge em'.

Just right now, in a Nurburgring server, i was driving as cleanly as possible and doing my best not to hit anyone, and when i did hit someone, i'd stop and let them pass, but there were some drivers there [who i wont mention, and partially because i cant remember, and dont want to :grumpy:] who were repeatedly bashing into me, causing me to spin out and hit other drivers, and then the owner of the room [whom i cant remember, except for the fact the person had a GTP tag] decided to kick me, and i never had a chance to appeal against his verdict, totally unfair call. 👎:ouch:

in a 10 lap race on laguna seca, leading in my 458 for the first time against several xanavi's and sls'es, around the second to last corner with a 6 sec lead, connection lost.
i don't know for sure but i probably got kicked there

I was in a lobby and there was 2 kids. They sounded like 10 year olds. They were English as well. I asked what cars they were going to use and one of them said look at this **** and said that they were using veyrons. He then said to me that if I have a veyron I would lose but I probably didn't have one because I was 🤬. So I went and did the video game version of flipping someone off by going up beside them and showing them the pink and purple veyron. I went back to the garage, got my 1969 camaro( which only had an oil change-no mods) and won by about 30 seconds in 5 laps. I asked him where did he get the veyron. He said someone gave it to him. I asked if he finished the game. He said yeah. So I said you must have another one then. He said yeah(lying). I asked what championship do you win it in? He kicked me then. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen online.

Well I was playing in a room called CLEAN NASCAR and this guy during the race turns his car around and drives the wrong way the whole time. For the next 10 laps we had to play dodge em'.

So there are Dodges in NASCAR... [rimshot]

There was a guy in a Samba awhile back doing that same crap in a drifting lounge. I have to say that it did get a little challenging having to navigate around the dude midway through a drift. 👍👎

You expect bad driving from novices and nit wits, but when an experienced driver makes a mistake like running wide and you pass on the inside only to have him yank the wheel and bounce off you and wipeout, then blames the whole thing on you and unleashes a torrent of abuse, threats of violence, and that he would "track me down" it makes you wonder about the human race in general. god knows what this dude does when someone cuts him up in real life. the open online rooms in gt5 have the same basic problem as the whole world does , an excess of morons

Some kids just screwing around on Trail Mountain (Or just driving terribly) in their Veyron,s, Minolta's, X1's, ect., I just continued to cruz onto the finish line. I only say this because a Matte Pink Prius finishing ahead of an X1 on the scoreboard is bloody epic.

:lol:

I join a room called any car and I get told I can't use the x1.
I'm in a room with 10 or so people doing a 50 lap race all the people in last (3) turn around and drive backwards, some decide to stop on the finish line sideways.
Another 50 lap race, someone drives a fiat 500, backwards, side to side on the track.
People just go off on a tangent about black people dropping n-bombs like its a regular thing.
People hit me and spin out, it's clearly all my fault. I get kicked.

He must have been having a quick game of GT5 between shagging sheep :)

Come to think of it, that's probably why he was saying that stuff.

It was his fault that he was getting s**t from us Australians, I mean he did join an Australian drift room with about 12 Australians and he was driving a Volvo calling our cars s**t.

I rammed a New Zealand drifting for quite a long time because he insisted on calling me abo and a black c**t.

Dude, How many New Zealands are there, and how many actually play GT5? I wouldn't say anything to you guys giving that one guy ****, but the sheep joke was totally uncalled for. We don't have sex with them 24/7, just when we need to, like normal people.

Anyway, worst I had was when I brought out my X2010 in a, get this, NO RESTRICTIONS room. The 10 or so other members then proceeded to strategically position themselves around the track and ram me off when I came near them.

I've been racing with some clean racers lately. 👍 Best fun I've had in a video game in a long time. :cool:

You still see the random idiot driving backwards on the track but oh well... hopefully another Modern Warfare comes out and becomes the new flavor of the month.

The other night I started up a server that was Nordschleife only, 2 lap races with HP and Weight limits. For the most part all that joined were polite and followed the rules.

We had HP limited to 450 and weight @ 1000kg's. It made for some fun races! Then we moved HP limit to 350, then 550, 600. Good fun. However, during one of the latter races, I was in the lead on the last lap going full out on the long straight towards finish curves and some yahoo rams me head-on. I really don't understand what they're getting out of it.

My question is, can't there be something added to the game that DQ's and KICKS anyone going backwards for more than 30 meters or if they're parked on the track for more than 10 seconds? POOF they're back into the lobby??? How hard is it to code that? Please PD, consider putting something like that in so us normal mature folks that like clean races can actually enjoy it. Look how many in this one topic have said they're avoiding online because of all the jerks.

There was a script in GT5P that did something similar. If I remember right, parking your car or going off hard ghosted you so you couldn't cause collisions. Don't know why they dropped it.

I hardly join other rooms for the mere fact that i acknowledge that there are plenty of morons out there who shouldn't be allowed to drive In real life.

For the past few weeks though, i have been running my own room and have been getting some of the best racing. the regulations are set as such

<305hp

800kg lower limit (this is to basically counter the fact that an Elise 111R rm is practically unbeatable, u still can drive a elise without the weight reduction options)
all assists off

player slots at 8

grip at edge of track real

Damage weak

Penalties strong

tracks are are voted on usually on Cote d'azur ( monaco), the ring + variations, laguna seca

seems to keep morons off the room. I sometimes do have to not race and just police the room in some situations but this is very minimal.

I do have to mention that i am in Malaysia and we usually get Malaysians, singaporeans, taiwanese, HKers, japanese and koreans in the room

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in a nascar room. There was this guy who had a bad setup and could not keep up to me around daytona. So, he tried to ram me off the track. He failed. Then he said i rammed him off the track. Continued to say kick me every 2 minutes and then started to say that all Canadian drivers suck and etc.

Coincided with canada beating usa in the juniors... :dunce:

I've been impressed with my GT online experience so far, once in a while you get somebody rough riding in a room that clearly states "clean racing," but for the most part it has been great. I have found out that as long as you enter rooms' where the skid recovery force has been turned off, you'll stay away from all of the "pikers."

I've had a rather nasty experience in GT online tonight.

I was on the Top Gear Test Track and I had managed to secure 1st on the second lap and almost immedeatly the IM box on the side lights up with abusive texts all directed at me. Now I've been playing games online for years so I thought nothing of it and finished the race in 1st and went back to the lobby. As I go back to the lobby though I start receiving private messages on my PSN from some of the players with some pretty horrible language, one of them a French player threatening to slit my throat :ill: . So I leave the lobby and within five minutes I get another email from the same sick person saying he has my email address but again I think nothing of it. Then my Windows Live Messenger starts going crazy, logging me out and sending out tonnes of spam emails to all my contact list, the spam emails all being in French and containing a nasty virus link. Now I'am not saying anything bad against any French players outthere but this is just a general complaint about sheer immaturity of some players outthere.

To cut a long story short I managed to get everything sorted and all my passwords changed, I blocked the chap from Emailing my PSN again and fully reported him but to be honest it was quite a nasty experience. I'm not a dirty player I like good, clean races but if this is what it's going to be like on GTO I might think twice on playing it again.

Back