Worst you've dealt with online...

• Thread starter Tommy_861
  • 5,982 comments
Every time I log in to play GT5 online I meet some terrible people who feel the need to demolish my cars. I try to drive respectfully but that often seem to make them even more mad. :crazy:

Why don't they just race? It could hopefully open a new dimension to those narrowminded rammers! :grumpy:

I was in a nascar room. There was this guy who had a bad setup and could not keep up to me around daytona. So, he tried to ram me off the track. He failed. Then he said i rammed him off the track. Continued to say kick me every 2 minutes and then started to say that all Canadian drivers suck and etc.

Coincided with canada beating usa in the juniors... :dunce:

Dude I didn't say I hated Canadians, I said, "I hate how Canadians keep ramming me off the track". You did ram me the race before. Besides, Canada has the best salmon! :drool:

Same race here, these two guys kept saying, "You suck.". I said my setup was bad, yet they thought I race like that. They kept doing this till I left.

Epilogue: I stiffen my suspension and win by a lap at Indy and finishing 2nd at Daytona at different lobbies.

P.S. I didn't try to ram you. People behind me kept bumping me.

I can't seem to get the online races working most of the time, but on the rare occation I can connect to people I like to join the drifting lobbies and at least try to drift (I'm terrible but I've been trying to practice). Because I suck at GT5 so much, especially the drifting I usually go find a random corner somewhere that no one is around and try and practice there. As soon as someone sees me spinning out a lot while trying to drift, they tell the room leader to kick me. Why? Well the most recent reason was "lulz ur a n00b come bak when u got some skill ya ****." So I've been sticking to Arcade mode to practice, although it's hard when you can't see what other people are doing to make it look so easy. If there was a way to bottle up all the anger and hate displayed on the Internet, we could probably solve the energy crisis, world hunger, poverty, etc etc etc...

I can't seem to get the online races working most of the time, but on the rare occation I can connect to people I like to join the drifting lobbies and at least try to drift (I'm terrible but I've been trying to practice). Because I suck at GT5 so much, especially the drifting I usually go find a random corner somewhere that no one is around and try and practice there. As soon as someone sees me spinning out a lot while trying to drift, they tell the room leader to kick me. Why? Well the most recent reason was "lulz ur a n00b come bak when u got some skill ya ****." So I've been sticking to Arcade mode to practice, although it's hard when you can't see what other people are doing to make it look so easy. If there was a way to bottle up all the anger and hate displayed on the Internet, we could probably solve the energy crisis, world hunger, poverty, etc etc etc...

Buy a Buick GNX and fully mod it to top out at 120MPH. Easy practice car.

When in a race at Daytona Superspeedway, people go the opposite direction to try to wreck you. It's not that hard to avoid though, because of how vast the track is. But it still ruins the race.

It's a common thing, too...

I ran a race at Le Mans (Sarthe) and had a drafting battle with the room host, far ahead of the rest of the competitors. At about 240mph, in the middle of the back straight, he decided to brake check me, causing me to get a ramming penalty. Maybe not the worst, but certainly the biggest BS move pulled on me (so far).

I ran a race at Le Mans (Sarthe) and had a drafting battle with the room host, far ahead of the rest of the competitors. At about 240mph, in the middle of the back straight, he decided to brake check me, causing me to get a ramming penalty. Maybe not the worst, but certainly the biggest BS move pulled on me (so far).

Some hosts really don't like to get beaten in their own room. So much so, that they will also cut grass and chicanes just to ram you. This one room I visited had a host like that. You could hear the window-licking mouth-breather half giggle and half wheeze into his mic, like a moron, after every impact.

The worst thing that happened to me wasn't all that bad. Some guy just blocked the track with his Civic hatchback. It wasn't really a problem because the car was short and the track was wide.

Dude I didn't say I hated Canadians, I said, "I hate how Canadians keep ramming me off the track". You did ram me the race before. Besides, Canada has the best salmon! :drool:

Same race here, these two guys kept saying, "You suck.". I said my setup was bad, yet they thought I race like that. They kept doing this till I left.

Epilogue: I stiffen my suspension and win by a lap at Indy and finishing 2nd at Daytona at different lobbies.

P.S. I didn't try to ram you. People behind me kept bumping me.

And I always thought that Alaska had the best seafood. :sly::lol:

On topic: I hate the people that feel it is necessary to havea 6 or less person room open. Really? Racing with only 5 others is so boring.

Well this isn't exactly my worst experience, but while racing online and winning a few races the host decides to change the settings, which I don't mind. Somehow we end up on Daytona, which is also perfectly fine, but during the 5th or so race. I accidentally bump into another driver and spin him out. (I apologized later) Later in the race on the last lap when I'm in 1st place the host decides to be a douche and ram my car completely off the road so he can win! I'm left there like wtf man?

I don't mind people messing around and having a laugh IF it is just a free fun. For example today I was at Le Sarthe and there were about 13 people just running down the main straight. One player was in a Tank Car and I was a bit bored of my Cadillac and decided to jump in my Tank Car. I blocked the straight once or twice with the other guy and had a good laugh, it was all harmless anyway.

The point I'm trying to make is that some people are just too serious. I agree though, that if that were an actual race or people were attempting time trials etc, it would have been another story but still, there's a time for anything, even being a complete lunatic. :)

Slightly more On-Topic I haven't had too many terrible experiences. I have had some that truly made me wonder what was going on. The usual me getting hit then the other player sending me hatemail but that isn't too much of a big deal.

I will share a funny story though. I was racing in a room 'CLEAN RACING' and I had lot's of good races. There was one player who was quite a good racer and won every time except a few. Although he cut the chicanes and such at Le Sarthe (Which is really annoying, I end up resorting too...) but he was still a good racer. Cape Ring came up as the next track so I decide enough is enough and I'll do everything in my power to win. I switch to my Chapparal 2D which is near borderline on the restrictions. We start and I get into second place before crashing due to fail driving. Anyway, 5 seconds behind my opponent, who was in a MOBIL NSX I have 2 laps to catch up. I make up the 5 seconds by the end of the first lap and then sit behind him a bit. I could have passed him but I just decided to have an eye on his driving, and then maybe make an awesome pass on the inside. :D

He then spins out (Too much pressure?), I take the lead and end up winning by 20 seconds. After the other player quit. So I finish the race happy with my victory even if I was in a slightly superior car (Slightly) while the other player begins telling me I only won because of my car, for the room-owner to change restrictions, blah blah. I don't know how some people can't take one loss, my greatest racing has occurred when I haven't even won, whats the big deal?

I don't know how some people can't take one loss, my greatest racing has occurred when I haven't even won, whats the big deal?

Agreed. Some of my best online experiences come from losing by an inch, not winning by a mile. As I mentioned in a previous post here, some hosts really do not like to lose in their own rooms.

I did test fairly new 3G connection yesterday and launched public online race first time. First experience since GT5P was not very great. There was 12 cars around track (extented Nürburgring) and most of the competitors drove well but there were also two retards teamed up with headsets and they trolled around with Formula Gand Turismo and Suzuki Escudo. Their main mission seemed to be just annoy people on track and by headsets - together. So better stick with closed games in future, till these people - who has no all indians in canoe - are cleaned off.

Technically experience with online racing is bit mixed. I drove with my friend otherside of world and his car seems to be all over the place on track. It's quite funny to see him doing Mulsanne for full wide track and teleporting himself plenty of places within a second.

I don't know if it's related gamepad control, but my fellow seems to have serious tail-swerving all the time, even when going straight forward.

GT5P struggled a little too, but updates make it fairly OK experience. GT5 has still long way to match with the online quality of GT5 Prologue.

Omfg,

A friend of mine wants to race online, because he finds grinding to much of a pain in the ***, (nothing wrong with that)
But here's the catch,

When racing online he wants us to stay together, otherwise the race will be boring? 👎

I hate him. retard.

Everytime I have been online there is always 1 person at least who just rams everyone else. When im in a faster car trying to get a good lap time before the race starts I go to pass someone and they swerve into me trying to knock me off the track. What's the point? I have seen plenty of room's titled destruction derby , why don't they just join those rooms if that's what they want to do? For this reason I havn't really been online much.

About to win a 45 lap NASCAR race at Daytona, only to have the host boot me with half a lap left ..... grrr :ill:

Racing against australians, Just because the British are better at sports than them they decide look there's a pom in the room and take turns trying to force you off the track :crazy:

Ooooo I have a good one, I don't usually bring out the X1 because it's never fair, but this guy was purposely coming in the races late with his S.Vettel on Daytona. I keep my Proto as a favorite just in case of these guys.

I come in and I use the analog sticks on the corners of Daytona while he obviously was using D-Pad as sporatic jerky movements were coming from his car on the turns and he takes the inside ring losing speed. So lo and behold I catch up and I'm drafting up to catch him in the turns. So he starts ramming me over and over again from the side. So I let go of the gas for a sec and position myself to get behind him, so I'm pushing him faster and faster. He's trying to brake free and as he comes off to the left and turns hard back in to my nose I tap the brake and BOOOOOOOOOM straight into the barrier. All I see in my rear view is total smoke and failure, the little triangle showing his car on the map is just spinning out of control while others behind catch up. Ahhhh total win.

I love when that sort of stuff happens. It's like justice, but with cars.

I entered a race yesterday with some more experienced players on Deep Forest, I spun early so so I was kinda cruising around in last (9th) but still in touch with 8th and 7th. Someone spins out ahead and I get past them so now I'm up to 8th. The 7th place guy was 1 corner ahead. Me and this guy start battling and stuff and its the last lap, when 7th decides his race is shot anyway and decides to start doing donuts in the last corner while we were trying to race through. I tried to dodge left since that was the only place to go, but of course my other opponent was there, so I bashed hard into this guy and that was the end of that. The guy I hit managed to get going and finish, and the other guy slid and got away... I came in last.

Yeah I know its grabbing for the last few places but we were having a good battle, way to ruin our fun.

i was in a farrari only race having a good time with some nice clean racers. then some guy who shouted alot and really loud on the mic kept reversing round the track then hitting us. he ruined a really close great race.

Alright, today on Nurburgring 24hr I entered a one lap Honda only race. The host starts the race and my screen goes completely black. Then I hear the countdown for the race start and everyone starts, meanwhile my screen is still black! Finally my car appears on the screen and I start a good 15 seconds after everyone else. Somehow I easily catch up and pass the first 2 opponents who manage to spin each other out. I then make my way up the pack where I see everyone cutting corners. Not wanting to be a cheater I stay on the course following the line the best I could when all of a sudden this guy cuts a corner and barely misses my car. He then goes on to say that I'm ****ing laggy and a bad driver. So I return the favor by skillfully passing his sorry butt. :)

Then a few seconds later everyone else in front of me (Roughly 4 or 5 drivers) all manage to spin each other out. I notice and weave between them all taking the lead. Then once my lead got to 20 seconds the host decided to kick me. :(

Alright, today on Nurburgring 24hr I entered a one lap Honda only race. The host starts the race and my screen goes completely black. Then I hear the countdown for the race start and everyone starts, meanwhile my screen is still black! Finally my car appears on the screen and I start a good 15 seconds after everyone else. Somehow I easily catch up and pass the first 2 opponents who manage to spin each other out. I then make my way up the pack where I see everyone cutting corners. Not wanting to be a cheater I stay on the course following the line the best I could when all of a sudden this guy cuts a corner and barely misses my car. He then goes on to say that I'm ****ing laggy and a bad driver. So I return the favor by skillfully passing his sorry butt. :)

Then a few seconds later everyone else in front of me (Roughly 4 or 5 drivers) all manage to spin each other out. I notice and weave between them all taking the lead. Then once my lead got to 20 seconds the host decided to kick me.
:(

Pure jealousy is all that (in bold) is. This is why I create my own room when wanting to race random people.

Back