Worst you've dealt with online...

• Thread starter Tommy_861
  • 5,982 comments
I always put "GTP PRIVATE" in my league races, when people send me abusive pm's after I kick them I tell them just to learn to read.

If it is another friend or a member with the "GTP_" prefix, I wait for them to load before asking them.

đź‘Ť A bit of courtesy goes a long way, at least say a word, " Please leave " would be suffice, not just " Can someone kick GTP_xxxx" then when I ask
"why", the reply was "You were rejected" within seconds. The main issue is decency/politeness, I know now I was wrong to join in their practice session.

I was also wrong to have a thought that with no private in the title and practice means anyone can join in as long as following the rules set by the host and not causing trouble. I won't be near any league with this kind of attitude online.

I agree, but if your running a lobby and you have qualifying going on, why should all other driver's be distracted because some goose cant read or chooses to ignore the header and enter a room, dial up a group C car or something to the maximum spec check PP and set a faster lap time, its more rrude on their behalf I say,

I agree, but if your running a lobby and you have qualifying going on, why should all other driver's be distracted because some goose cant read or chooses to ignore the header and enter a room, dial up a group C car or something to the maximum spec check PP and set a faster lap time, its more rrude on their behalf I say,

In that case, yeah, that would be bad, a different matter though if room title does not say private, just xxxx practice. I also drove similar spec car, a Weider HSV, one of the room member using it, the rest were SuperGT GTR's. I got kicked within 3 corners, the host should have told me when I first came into the room or when I was waiting in the pit if I was not welcomed. I am not going further with this, the moral of story is courtesy or decency is hard to find online, sometimes the least expected happens from people who are supposed to be setting an example.

hyyperactive
Sounds a bit familiar. For me it was a 2 lap race on Nordschleife. Going into third corner this guy behind me just rams me off totally on purpose. I spin and have to wait to let everyone by. After 1,5 laps I catch the guy and return the favour.

Were you in a Lexus??

đź‘Ť A bit of courtesy goes a long way, at least say a word, " Please leave " would be suffice, not just " Can someone kick GTP_xxxx" then when I ask
"why", the reply was "You were rejected" within seconds. The main issue is decency/politeness, I know now I was wrong to join in their practice session.

I was also wrong to have a thought that with no private in the title and practice means anyone can join in as long as following the rules set by the host and not causing trouble. I won't be near any league with this kind of attitude online.

TBH I believe that in Furi's lobbies, which all have the "PRIVATE" text in big, clear caps in their title, there's no point in asking people to quit if they join without being invited. If they can't read the clear text, it's their problem. Plus some randomers can get really annoying even off the race track.

I'd post a short note saying, "Sorry Bud, it's a private testing session, have to let you go" to be polite, it's the Canadian thing to do, but I wouldn't discuss or negotiate it with them.

Then there are always the people who don't even understand English and negotiation with them is next to impossible - as a result they pretty much have to be kicked, and possibly soon you'll receive piles of hate mail from them that you can't even read.

Now that's pretty annoying.

I can count the amount of times I've hosted rooms on one hand (three.)

In those three rooms - two were on my main for tuning, one was on my alt for a spec race me and my friends were doing.

Rules were 530 PP, no BMW's or rear-wheel-drive Honda's. Had about 6 friends and me, and we had decided beforehand to use a car no one else was using. Explains why I went with the RM'ed Honda Integra - in our rooms, we generally allow racing modified cars - if they happen to be the Prius, CR-Z, Miata, Cappuccino, either Lotus, or the Hondas.

We're about halfway ready getting up on Spa-Francorchamps (this is the only track I host on nowadays) when someone who is on one of my mates' friend lists. He asked for the restrictions, and I gave them to him. Alright, fine, let's see what he can do...

We're all ready - except for him. He gets in with literally one second to spare, and I couldn't tell what he had picked, it was so fast. And, of course... it's a M3 CSL.

As my friends start chewing him out on the mics, I just say "Let it go for the one race. I want to see how well we can do versus a rabbit."

Lineup:

Lotus Esprit V8 GT
Lotus Evora
Nissan Fairlady Z '89 (Premium)
Oullim Motors Spirra
Honda Integra RM (painted Sassy Grass Green with Crystal White wheels)
BMW M3 CSL
Chevrolet Corvette Convertible '63

Standing start, random.

Going into the first turn, I move out of the normal line, swing wide to get a better exit angle, and punch my way into 2nd behind the Evora.

BMW catches up over the next two laps, and in that time I passed the Evora on the first turn in the same manner.

"He drivin' clean?"

"Yeah."

Alright, let's see what he can do...

What he could do was take me and him out on the final lap into the pit lane 100% on purpose, saying;
"no little ricer POS can beat my beast"

Fine. If you call the kick function that hosts can use OP, then complain to PD (I said this after he sent me a profanity-filled reply, the cursing was actually quite inventive. I also did report him through PSN.)

TBH I believe that in Furi's lobbies, which all have the "PRIVATE" text in big, clear caps in their title, there's no point in asking people to quit if they join without being invited. If they can't read the clear text, it's their problem. Plus some randomers can get really annoying even off the race track.

If the room has Private in the title and I am not invited or involved in the group, I would never join. If I was a host of such private room, I would ask any randomers to leave politely, only when they do not comply I will kick them. I don't want to give my GTP tag a bad name :lol:

What he could do was take me and him out on the final lap into the pit lane 100% on purpose, saying;
"no little ricer POS can beat my beast"

Fine. If you call the kick function that hosts can use OP, then complain to PD (I said this after he sent me a profanity-filled reply, the cursing was actually quite inventive. I also did report him through PSN.)

There is not enough face palm memes on the internet to describe just how I feel about this idiotic behavior...

Not a bad experience but there was some slight dirty driving at the end. I was on Cape Ring Periphery (or Outside if your prefer) in a BMW 320i Touring Car. I instantly realize my car is at a disadvantage due to stock tuning and heavier weight than the other cars. It was decent during the 3 laps, a glitch appeared that sent an LFA flying backwards, and a BR-Z spun out. During the final lap, I was battling the host (A Canadian) who had a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640. Kept my lead by blocking him successfully by forcing him to slow down after a couple of turns. However, at the final hairpin, he cut. Hilariously, he took it abit to wide and I was able to take the lead away in time to finish in 2nd.
There was also a Suzuka Circuit race where I basically cried laughing at the fails. I had an RX-7 TC. My two main competitors were a BMW M3 GTR and another regular RX-7 FD. The first corner, everyone went wide and caused a pile up. I was the only one who made it through, but the M3 GTR recovered quickly. At the final chicane, the M3 GTR tried to cut through it but massively failed and ended up spinning out and colliding with the regular RX-7. Finished with 20 sec lead with a kid asking me if I was a boss at driving XD.

I race on the nurburgring at 550pp a lot, and I couldn't tell you how many noobs come into our rooms and mess things up. We are all fast as hell, and when we have these idiots come in racing detuned racecars like LMP's and GT500 cars, it really aggravates me. All they do is get in the way, slow you down, mess up your line, and make you crash cause they don't let you pass them. Then they have the audacity to get mad at YOU for hitting them to just get around them, and get mad when you beat them so bad that they go and punt everybody they can off. Luckily we have mics so we can tell them off the instant it happens. They just come in and ruin your race for no reason. That really makes me madder than a one legged girl working at iHop.

New story, just a few minutes ago. Good host left, bad host inherited. Started using X1 in races. Me and this other guy type in, "X1 seriously." Other guy battles him in X1 vs. X1 and host loses. Other guy tells him what he's learned (the host) and the host replies with a statement that include "Mum" and "Abortion". Next race is the host cuts corners with a Minolta and the other guy does it cleanly with his R89C. Having enough, I messaged everyone to call vote reject on the host and I paired up with the other guy against the host. The moment the words " R92CP" came out, I got kicked, and the other guy followed suit. We FR'd each other.

This is not a story, and I don't know whether this is the right place, but I have a question:
A player (We shall call him Mike) sets up a private 2 player room with PRIVATE KEEP OUT (or something similar) as the title. Another player (We shall call him November) joins the room and gets out on track. Mike tells November to get out on the chat before he kicks him.
So who is at fault here? November, for knowingly/not knowingly (hard to tell these days) joining a private lobby? Or Mike, who kicks November from his room?

[Nor]MclarenF1;7822975
The guy that joins a room marked private have no reason to complaint about being cicked as far as I'm concerned.

Those that host a PUBLIC room named Private also dont have reason to complain, the room is in the Public area after all...

Those that host a PUBLIC room named Private also dont have reason to complain, the room is in the Public area after all...

Hence the need for them to name it "Private" or something similar. Many people have determined that public lobbies do have advantages over private lounges, but we aren't given the option to use a password. So they name the room something that indicates randoms shouldn't join.

If they don't call it "private" or "don't join" or "[xxx] members only" or some such(just a clan/league name alone is not enough), then they indeed don't have any reason to complain nor to be rude to people who come in without knowing it's actually private. But if they do declare it private, then anyone who joins is either trying to cause trouble or incapable of paying attention and there's nothing at all wrong with summarily booting them before they even press one button.

This is of course all complicated by the foolish decision to force everyone to keep room titles much too short to be very descriptive. "Private" takes up nearly half a room title it seems.

Oh please. Our league has practices in a members lounge but all races are in a public lobby marked PRIVATE-KICK!! We found you get a much more reliable room through the server than P2P. A head count is taken then the room is opened for that many racers. One night a member had to leave the room leaving a spot open. So the race has been on for like 20 minutes and a random guy joins. We're in a heated league race now and the guy starts asking us how you download DLC cars etc. This goes on and on until he finally got bored and left. Pretty distracting to say the least. Oh, last week someone entered named BanginYoMama, lol.

Let's not forget that those who run leagues and race series tend to get their friend list full pretty quick. To avoid this, the room is set to public so that everyone that's part of said event can join without having to delete/add friends.

If you get kicked before you even get a chance to select a car, changes are you don't belong there anyway.

I don't know if this counts, but a couple of times i've left a room for some reason, and the entered another straight away, and noticed someone from the room i was just in joining straight away. What's up with that?

Oh please. Our league has practices in a members lounge but all races are in a public lobby marked PRIVATE-KICK!! We found you get a much more reliable room through the server than P2P. A head count is taken then the room is opened for that many racers. One night a member had to leave the room leaving a spot open. So the race has been on for like 20 minutes and a random guy joins. We're in a heated league race now and the guy starts asking us how you download DLC cars etc. This goes on and on until he finally got bored and left. Pretty distracting to say the least. Oh, last week someone entered named BanginYoMama, lol.

I too am in league races, how do we avoid that problem? We host a first room to count numbers 5 minutes before the race, then we re-open the room with the exact numbers. No spare room for people to enter. Simple really.

I joined a drag room last night on SSR7, and when I saw that everyone else was using ACRs and Veyrons, I decided to use my GT-R Black, tuned with both hard work and a base tune from here. After just sitting by the tunnels, I decided to race a few guys. So we are racing when this Ford GT absolutely rockets by us, and we were reaching about 240mph. That's when I realized they were using drafts to drag. So after sitting a few drags out, I challenged the host in his GT-R Black. My car rockets off the line, leaving him struggling. Once I hit 6th gear at about 225mph, I see him closing in, sitting directly behind me. So as he goes by, I just fly past him as ive still got some power left. Once the race ia over, I politely tell him "please dont use drafting to win a drag race. Its not a true drag then." After that, I saw his car disappear, and then I dissappeared from the room.

Johnny's Foolproof Guide For Circuit Racers to Avoid the Worst of Open Lobbies:​

Eliminate the Obvious:

1. If it says, "Private" or "XXX Series" or "Joeysfriendsonly" or "American Only" or any other kind of restriction you can think of that isn't specifically aimed at you (as in a friend of yours already) , don't join, unless you can't read the language or are blind, in which case, why are you there?

2. If the thread title has a specific description like "500PPSS Nurb" for example and you use your cursor to see the current room settings and it's not what the room title says (for example it's 700PP at Tsukuba), don't join. The original host is gone and the room is run by clowns. Everyone hates clowns.

3. If there are no room restrictions and it's anything goes, then anything goes, so don't expect any kind of courtesy or fairplay because odds are there won't be any. If you do expect it and end up disappointed, you aren't very bright.

4. Learn what the various types of events are like Drag, Cops and Robbers, Tuning Only, Drift, High Speed Run etc. and avoid those rooms unless that's what you're looking for. Be warned, experience tells me that most of these rooms are disorganized at best, complete chaos at worst.

5. If you want real racing, restrict your search to rooms without SRF. Most serious racers don't use SRF. Don't expect serious racing in rooms with SRF enabled, that's not intelligent.

Bang, at least 60-80% of lobbies eliminated. Now join a room that has the type of racing you are looking for. You snuck in the back door, now what?

1. Do not tell the host how to run their lobby. If you do, prepare to find another lobby and the host will likely help you with that process.

2. Do not type questions into the message box when you join, while others are racing, it's distracting, rude and selfish. If you see the host on track, do not ask him questions in the message box either, it's annoying and so are you. A little vacation might be forthcoming.

3. Use the icons yourself to find out the standard room restrictions. If you have to ask because you're too lazy to find the button, you deserve what you get and lose the right to complain about it.

4. Don't try and reinvent the wheel. If you see everyone else in an NSX, don't pick a BMW. If you see a mix of cars with no obvious restrictions, pick a similar car. Save your questions for after the first race.

So now you're in and you've got a car, now what?:

1. Use the first race to get a feel for things and don't drive aggressively. A small mistake can lead to big consequences for other drivers and may lead to your ejection. Stay out of trouble. Get a feel for the pace of the room and the agression of the other drivers. You do not need to win every race, your life will not be affected if you don't. Really, it's true.

2. If you find the racing clean or at least acceptable, stay and enjoy the racing, keep your nose clean and try to avoid the dirty drivers as best you can. If you make it up to the host spot, maintain the room as it was set up otherwise you also become a clown, and as previously mentioned, nobody likes clowns.

3. Now is the time to ask questions, after the first race and after you've decided to stay. Some of you may not be aware, but you will feel no phsyical pain or illness using the words, "Please, thanks, excuse me etc." If you're not sure what they mean, look it up. Everyone loves courtesy. Think of courtesy as the opposite of clown.

4. You find the racing not so clean or downright dirty. LEAVE. Get out. Boogie. Vamoos. Sayonara. Don't look back. Do not waste your time arguing, complaining or trying to fix things. The drivers in the room have not learned any manners or courtesy from their Mom or Pop in what, 15, 20, 30 years? Why do you think that you, a complete stranger, can do any better job in 5 minutes of b:censored:ing inside of a virtual box on your TV? If you really believe that complaining will help, turn off your PS3 and TV and give your gaming system to a good charity or the little ragamuffin kid down the block who can't afford one. He's probably smart enough not to b$^ch at his TV and probably faster than you too.

Return to the top of this list and begin again...:crazy:

Last edited:
Johnny's Foolproof Guide to Avoid the Worst of Open Lobbies:​

3. If there are no room restrictions and it's anything goes, then anything goes, so don't expect any kind of courtesy or fairplay. If you do, you aren't very bright.

4. If you want real racing, restrict your search to rooms without SRF. Serious racers don't use SRF, less serious ones do. But don't expect serious racing, in rooms with SRF enabled, that's not intelligent.

These are myths. It is not the roomÂ’s settings, but who is in the room that determines how courteous the room is.

It is up to the host to keep things clean. I give all of my friends the power to kick dirty drivers. All they have to do is say the word. It is a big help to me as I obviously canÂ’t see everything that happens on the track during a race.

I have several friends that also set their rooms up with no restrictions and they are clean as well.

These are myths. It is not the roomÂ’s settings, but who is in the room that determines how courteous the room is.

It is up to the host to keep things clean. I give all of my friends the power to kick dirty drivers. All they have to do is say the word. It is a big help to me as I obviously canÂ’t see everything that happens on the track during a race.

I have several friends that also set their rooms up with no restrictions and they are clean as well.

Yes. That is all that needs to be said in response to Johnny's post. I'm the exact same way as Chrunch. People need to stop assuming. To clarify, I'm not trying to start a flame war, just adding my two cents.

as a sometimes host of shuffle races/ PP races at the ring, I hate it when people go, "I need more PP" that's a usual deal with it by me then a kick if I see them typing,

any complaint's about dirty driver's, kick them straight away, sometimes its the bonehead complaining about dirty driver's who is the dirty one, watch them next time around, kick them too if need be,

connection issues, try to keep the maximum number of nationalities to 3 maybe 4, usually you can run more but you will need to see the connection quality of the new people that enter,

If you have a new person enter your room and they immediately say, XXXX has a loading bar an XXXX has been running clean with no connection issues kick the new person straight away,

when a new person enter's your room, before you enter the track make sure they get an appropriate vehicle, if your running a PP based room, if the PP is right the peanut's will always jump in a Toyota 7 or 2J race car, Kick them,

If you do get kicked for connection issues, don't PM the host and abuse them, its not their fault you steal your wi-fi from Mcdonald's, and what your happiness is worth the annoyance of 15 other people, YOUR NOT THE POPE! get over your self,

NEVER, by no means start requesting a track change! it is up to you to find races at the track you desire, you will get kicked,

now if you go into a room and do any of the things Jonnypenso listed or what I have written here, YOU are a PELICAN! and you really do deserve to get kicked,

not all host's are like this but I am, half of you complaining about host's at the green hell are probably complaining about me, however, if you haven't done anything on these lists then you would have only been kicked for connection issues,

also, I'm getting quite a list of names of dirty driver's, rage quitter's, abusive's, and down right peanut's, more then 400 PSN names now, around 90 of which have the GTP gamer tag, eventually my friends of whom do a lot of X-Box online racing and PC gaming are going to get a website going to NAME AND SHAME all of you idiot's, so your attitude may never allow you to run in a designated series again, or get you kicked upon entry to a room,

nope, all within reason, I manage to keep a minimum of 9 racer's in the room because all the BS is gone, there are even times I jump into room's and 3 or 4 people recognize my PSN name and request I open a room because its alway's clean good hard old fashion racing,

you tell me a better way of having 16 people happy in a shuffle room without being this harsh to the pelican's?

Back