worth getting a racing wheel?

• Thread starter Chris123
  • 66 comments
I was going to buy the T500RS until I read the user reviews.

I guess I'll keep using my G25 until it dies.
I have the T500 RS, it replaced the G27 which I bought first but did not really like.
I have not encountered anything negative until now, except for the spring breakage of the accellerator pedal.
But -while Thrustmaster send me replacement springs for free - it just takes half an hour to replace and you are good for about 150 hours of driving.
The newer (mine is two years now) T500RS uses a different technology which has solved this little problem.
On straights, you can easily let go of the wheel...

Until we know for sure if any of the current wheels will work on PS4 (Xbone is out for sure), i would say it's the worst moment to buy a wheel now unless you are a member of the master race, or not plan to go next gen any time soon ;)

So I guess we can conclude that if one is into letting go of the wheel while racing, don't buy the DFGT or G27...lol.

Doesn't sound like a big deal, I know that. ;) For me though it just ruined the whole "realism", and I'm much happier now with the T500. That's mainly because of the self-centering and smoother FFB. I've never tried the G25/27, so I don't know how they compare to the DFGT. They should be better considering the price tag.

Doesn't sound like a big deal, I know that. ;) For me though it just ruined the whole "realism", and I'm much happier now with the T500. That's mainly because of the self-centering and smoother FFB. I've never tried the G25/27, so I don't know how they compare to the DFGT. They should be better considering the price tag.
The G27 would be a mid-priced sports car relative to the DFGT econobox. Both function, but one is far more refined. Of course other wheels are often a step up from that but I'm quite happy with the G27 and at only $210 it was quite a bargain.

I have used all of these wheels over the years. As I moved up to the next wheel the experience only got better. Driving Force Pro, G25, Thrustmaster (died in a cloud of smoke) and now Fanatec CS with BMW Wheel. All were good wheels and enhanced the GT experience. The more you pay the more realistic it becomes. That's all I have to add.

Oh, on the Fanatec you can adjust the dead zone from the wheel itself.

-Justin

I have used all of these wheels over the years. As I moved up to the next wheel the experience only got better. Driving Force Pro, G25, Thrustmaster (died in a cloud of smoke) and now Fanatec CS with BMW Wheel. All were good wheels and enhanced the GT experience. The more you pay the more realistic it becomes. That's all I have to add.

Oh, on the Fanatec you can adjust the dead zone from the wheel itself.

-Justin

I was actually looking at the Fanatec GT3 RS V2. Its my understamding that it has the dead zone adjustment along with all the Fanatec wheels.

It seems the dead zone adjustment is whats needed to get rid strange slackish movement I experienced.

The Fanatec GT3 RS and clubsport pedals look really great.

Thanks guys!

Back