Worth getting an Xbox One for this game?

A week ago I bought an Xbox One S with Forza Horizon 3 (I already own a PS4) and yesterday i received Forza 6 as a gift for my birthday. I'm totally amazed by this series, I can't understand how I could be a racing-gamer without Forza all this time (never played it)

Pic related, me right now

vDNZM1D.gif

I got the x1 forza edition 1 year ago and I am very happy! I also played FH 2 and Pcars on it.
Now I am playing a lof of FH3!
I played GT a lot, but as Conquerer said, I also felt that something was not right on GT5 and GT6.
I had a 360 and I sold it when I got a PS3. But after a while, I wanted to play Forza!
So when I got the X1, I played FM6 a lot!
Since I dont want to buy a powerfull pc and GT for PS4 is not available yet, the X1 was a very good choice for me.

I bought an Xbone. I got it for this game and I wanted a couple others to play. It was worth it. I probably will not upgrade in the future. There will never be a Battlefield 2 or Battlefield BC2 again. Those were fun games. I use it for other things too like streaming. I only wish it would play BD-R discs.

I did for Forza 6 and Horizon 3 and I would totally recommend it. I may be weird but I just can't imagine myself being interested in cars and not having these games. I decided not to buy DLCs (I only got Porsche pack because I like Porsches) because I'm waiting for Forza 7 and I'm slowly getting DLCs for Horizon 3 (maybe by June I'll have them all). DLCs are expensive but you can live without them since the games have tons of content. Forza 6 seems much much more complete than Gran Turismo. When it comes to racing itself there may be better games around. Project Cars is good if I want to have realistic race with lots of cars and changing time and weather but It's more difficult on controller. I'm rather casual gamer. Dirt Rally I would totally recommend as well if you like rally games, fine to play on controller, difficult yet very satisfying. Basically with Forza 6, Horizon 3 and DiRT you have complete package when it comes to car games. If you need something that offers dynamic time and weather, better AI and more cars on track you could go for PC as well but it's very lacing content wise if you have Forza. I've never played Assetto Corsa though, it seems similar to PC. But that's only if you need very realistic game to play with a wheel. If you just love cars and play on controller, Forza is just fine. I'm writing from my standpoint, rather casual controller player with interest in cars.

I didn't buy an XB1 for this because the Forza series is becoming available on Windows and Horizon 3 it runs great on my laptop. You do need a powerful pc to run it well though. There's not that many console games I play these days so buying a new console for a series I could soon get on my laptop didn't make sense. It's a great game though. In all likelihood I'll get Forza 7 when that comes out.

Last edited:
In lieu of a GT game on the PS4 i got an xbox just to play FM6 and havent regretted my decision. I have Drive Club but for some reason i just cant into it at all, i dont know what it is but it just hasnt clicked with me but FM6 has given me many hours of great entertainment.

I play PCARS on my PC with a wheel so im covered there, its a truly fantastic game imo and probably my fave racing game of this generation, so far atleast anyway.

I was a huge GT fan for years since the very first game way back, however after being massively disappointed with GT5 and the continuos delay after delay im very cautious about GTS. Im desperately hoping it will be a great game but im not holding my breath, im much more excited about PCARS 2.

Im keen to see what FM7 will have to offer, it will probably be only the 2nd game i own on the xbox.

I saving up for mines currently I think I'll get the Xbox one S/ Forza Horizon 3 Bundle and get FM6 aswell... I can't wait until I get the Xbox I'll have more fun than I could ever have had playing gran Turismo.

A bit of background: I've been a GT player for a while, and I already own a PS4. However, GT Sport isn't really the game I'm looking for and I don't want to wait for GT7, especially since a game like FM6 already exists.

So, what are your thoughts? Worth buying the console just for FM6 and the future?

I'd absolutely reccommend it, yes! And I too used to be on GT before makinf the ol' switcheroo.

FM6 offers many hours of fun racing, tuning and painting/taking snaps of your fav car. Just don't expect it to have AC-level physics or anything.

Pretty solid car sounds and lots of variety - as long as you don't see it as a "product designed to train you as a pro race driver", you'll love it. :lol::cheers:

Picked up a blue Xbox one S last night specifically for my first taste of Forza. I have it all set up and have forza 5 and 6 downloaded and installed. I'm in the uncomfortable "learning my way around the new kit" phase. I've never owned an Xbox. It's been all PlayStation or Nintendo to this point.

Some thoughts...

- I was stunned to find a couple AA batteries in the box for the controller! How quaintly old school! Lol. Needles to say I went out and got a rechargeable battery pack today. Yeesh!

- is it just me or is the Xbox OS just horribly designed? I mean half the time I can't tell which of the endless boxs and icons I have highlighted. I'm sure some of it is just newness but it sure seems to lack much in the way of intuitiveness.

- do I really have to play through a tedious career mode before I can actually use all the toys I just dropped a hundred bucks on?? Really? I just hate career mode grinding in racing games. Look, I'm 50 years old. I don't want to pretend to be a professional driver working his way up through the ranks. I want to pretend to be a wealthy middle-aged dude who has dozens of cars at his disposal and can afford to buy track time at any track he wants! Let me just choose to unlock everything please! I'm running out of time here for cripe sake! Lol...

- hmmm...I'm surprisingly underwhelmed by the forza visuals. I was expecting to be blown away based on vids and screens I've seen. Not that it doesn't look good of course but not quite what I was expecting. Very smooth though! And that's more important to me.

- The controls I love though! Very smooth and non-twitchy...which is exactly what I was wanting since I'm stuck with no wheel for the time being.

But I'm still figuring this new world out so some of these thoughts will likely change with famiarity.

- I was stunned to find a couple AA batteries in the box for the controller! How quaintly old school! Lol. Needles to say I went out and got a rechargeable battery pack today. Yeesh!

I was surprised by this as well. :lol:

- is it just me or is the Xbox OS just horribly designed? I mean half the time I can't tell which of the endless boxs and icons I have highlighted. I'm sure some of it is just newness but it sure seems to lack much in the way of intuitiveness.

It unfortunately follows the "Form before function" philosophy ever present in our modern world.

- do I really have to play through a tedious career mode before I can actually use all the toys I just dropped a hundred bucks on?? Really? I just hate career mode grinding in racing games. Look, I'm 50 years old. I don't want to pretend to be a professional driver working his way up through the ranks. I want to pretend to be a wealthy middle-aged dude who has dozens of cars at his disposal and can afford to buy track time at any track he wants! Let me just choose to unlock everything please! I'm running out of time here for cripe sake! Lol...

You earn money at an incredible pace (especially if you are a VIP), I'm barely 25% through the main career mode and have 18,000,000 credits already. You can also "rent" any car in the game in Free Play or Multiplayer.

I'd definitely buy an XB1 for the Forza games if I could buy one wheel to work on both consoles, but I wouldn't be able to convince the Mrs of the benefits of having two videogame boxes, with two expensive wheels, to play games she would consider are all the same anyway lol. Couldn't go back to racing with a controller either. It sucked badly enough trying to play F1 2016 with the controller before I got the GIMX up and running to enable me to use my wheel on the PS4 again.

Picked up a blue Xbox one S last night specifically for my first taste of Forza. I have it all set up and have forza 5 and 6 downloaded and installed. I'm in the uncomfortable "learning my way around the new kit" phase. I've never owned an Xbox. It's been all PlayStation or Nintendo to this point.

Some thoughts...

- hmmm...I'm surprisingly underwhelmed by the forza visuals. I was expecting to be blown away based on vids and screens I've seen. Not that it doesn't look good of course but not quite what I was expecting. Very smooth though! And that's more important to me.

- The controls I love though! Very smooth and non-twitchy...which is exactly what I was wanting since I'm stuck with no wheel for the time being.

But I'm still figuring this new world out so some of these thoughts will likely change with famiarity.

Congrats!

Give yourself time to get around the OS - it is supereasy and convenient. You just have to know your way around and all the shortcuts, just like moving to a new hood/street.

Forza's visuals are as good as they can be; they keep it all locked at 60 fps which I think is a pretty sweet deal. If you want to oogle over visuals, check out the 30 fps Horizon games.

If you have the Car Pass for FM5, you can drive ALL cars in Free Play from car rentals. Same goes for FM6 - you can drive every car in the game as a rental but you won't make XP or cash off them, neither can you tune them. Again, get the Car Pass and other post Car Pass packs + VIP pack and both expansions, you'll have every car in the game. They are ALL drivable.

Set your deadzones to 0 inside and 100 outside for all inputs foe the best control. Keep driving aids off to enjoy the physics engine.

Welcome to Forza - how do you like the car sounds? ;)

I'd definitely buy an XB1 for the Forza games if I could buy one wheel to work on both consoles, but I wouldn't be able to convince the Mrs of the benefits of having two videogame boxes, with two expensive wheels, to play games she would consider are all the same anyway lol. Couldn't go back to racing with a controller either. It sucked badly enough trying to play F1 2016 with the controller before I got the GIMX up and running to enable me to use my wheel on the PS4 again.

I've heard dozens and dozens of comments about wheels not working properly with FM, especially if you select 900 degrees. If you do get a wheel, you need to try out PCARS and AC. 👍

I've heard dozens and dozens of comments about wheels not working properly with FM, especially if you select 900 degrees. If you do get a wheel, you need to try out PCARS and AC. 👍

Wheels aren't working properly in FM6? Well that's disappointing. I do have a wheel, but it won't work on XB1. I have Pcars and AC on PS4, and love playing them with my wheel. My post was more about making the point that while I have a PS4 and all the racing games on that, I'd consider buying an XB1 just for the Forza games if I didn't have to buy a new wheel just for that system.

Forza is now a joint platform game: PC and Xbox One.
My T300 is supported in FM 6 Apex and FH3 on the PC, and on the PS4.

And as a PC user you get all of the PC sims as well :)

Forza is now a joint platform game: PC and Xbox One.
My T300 is supported in FM 6 Apex and FH3 on the PC, and on the PS4.

And as a PC user you get all of the PC sims as well :)

Oh yeah I know that, but if I could afford a decent PC to play the Forza's on that, I'd sell my PS4 and just get all the sims on PC. They're all way better on PC, not to mention mods! My problem is gaming PC set ups are very expensive here, and the only times I can save that kind of money, I always spend it on my real cars lol.

Starting to get comfortable with this zany new xbox milieu. The world of Forza is beginning to open up for me now and I'm starting to really like it! :) I'm loving the Xbox controller...the triggers feel great. Got myself a Honda RA300 for some fond memories of Grand Prix Legends. :D

I'm now waiting for a nice sale on Horizon 3 to get in on some of that action.

Yeah, I was shocked by that too. I knew the 360 did it, but figured MS would've finally got with the times for the new model. First purchase was indeed the same thing.

It's not great, no. Luckily, since I use my One for more or less just Forza, I never have to navigate through all the menus. It certainly makes me yearn for the old XMB on PS3 (even PS4's isn't as intuitive, IMO).

All cars are available to drive in arcade mode (or whatever the equivalent is). If you want custom liveries or tunes, though, you'll have to buy them.

I'd recommend signing up for Forza Rewards on the official site. Every week you can redeem them for some in-game cash. I found FM6 needed it far less than any other game in the series (except maybe FM4): I think I've got over 50 million credits right now, with well over 100 spins saved up. I could technically buy every car in the game, but I've left out most of the dupes (Formula E cars, etc).

I still find them quite good, though they aren't as drool-worthy as FH3 (or, indeed, the videos we've seen so far of GT Sport). That said, the rock-solid 60fps has spoiled me, and playing other games with noticeable fps fluctuation (PCARS, AC, GT6) really bugs me now.

Yeah, in terms of driving games, the XB1 controller might be the best out there. The triggers are fantastic.

Wheels aren't working properly in FM6? Well that's disappointing. I do have a wheel, but it won't work on XB1. I have Pcars and AC on PS4, and love playing them with my wheel. My post was more about making the point that while I have a PS4 and all the racing games on that, I'd consider buying an XB1 just for the Forza games if I didn't have to buy a new wheel just for that system.

Mike, if you're willing to make do with the pad for now, I say go ahead with the X1 just to play Forza. It's fantastic on a pad; in fact, game was built around it.

Mike, if you're willing to make do with the pad for now, I say go ahead with the X1 just to play Forza. It's fantastic on a pad; in fact, game was built around it.

I may pick one up second hand at some stage, as they're starting to get quite cheap now that the One S is out and the Scorpio is on the horizon. I think I may die a little inside having to settle for pad driving though. Not sure I'll be able to handle it. Trying not to sound like a snob here, and trust me, I'm not. My wheel isn't even supported on my PS4, I just cheat using GIMX lol. But the whole reason I go to the hassle of stuffing about with GIMX to get my old wheel to work on PS4 is for the exact reason that going back to the pad just sucked the fun out of my games, after being so used to using the wheel.

Hilariously, the wheel I use on my PS4, by circumventing Sony's authentication and licencing using GIMX and a laptop, is actually the Forza 4 officially licenced XB360 wheel, the Fanatec CSR. Take that Sony!

If Matlo could someday get GIMX to work on XB1 the same way as it does on PS4, I'll be one happy camper (or racer).

Well I've bought an xbox one for forza6 and sold it back because I was disapointed by the game. The single player mode is absolutely not what I'm looking for, most races are too short and you cant qualify so you need to push to pass to finish first if you put the highest difficulty. Not to mention you dont have championship so you just do one race after another without any link between them except they are in the same series (no points or final position).

The cars however looks amazing and Multiplayer have lots of replayability. And as always, the different liveries, setup options (dl/ul) and the customization you can do (a step behind xbox360 forza series custom tho) are amazing.

Forza Horizon 2-3 are definitely fun arcade game to play. I enjoyed them (did the 3 on PC).

Well I've bought an xbox one for forza6 and sold it back because I was disapointed by the game. The single player mode is absolutely not what I'm looking for, most races are too short and you cant qualify so you need to push to pass to finish first if you put the highest difficulty. Not to mention you dont have championship so you just do one race after another without any link between them except they are in the same series (no points or final position).

The cars however looks amazing and Multiplayer have lots of replayability. And as always, the different liveries, setup options (dl/ul) and the customization you can do (a step behind xbox360 forza series custom tho) are amazing.

Forza Horizon 2-3 are definitely fun arcade game to play. I enjoyed them (did the 3 on PC).

Well, I suppose it isn't everybody's bag. Pick up H3 on PC you might like it. And then there's F7 headed to PC as well. You can always try put the demo first.

Picked up a blue Xbox one S last night specifically for my first taste of Forza. I have it all set up and have forza 5 and 6 downloaded and installed.

If you have Forza 6 there's not much point in having Forza 5 as it doesn't have anything Forza 6 has. Forza 6 has quite a few more tracks, as far as I know

However some of the earlier Forza games on the 360 are worth getting because of the distinct selection of tracks. Forza 3 is probably best - it has a fabulous Japanese mountain circuit Fujimi Kaido (Forza 4 has this as well). It is the only game to have the Rally di Positano track. 3 and 4 also have some of the old classic Forza tracks like New York and Sunset Peninsula. But of course you need a 360 for these games.

A lot of people were disappointed with No 5 on the Xone because of the selection of tracks compared to the older games.

If you have Forza 6 there's not much point in having Forza 5 as it doesn't have anything Forza 6 has. Forza 6 has quite a few more tracks, as far as I know

However some of the earlier Forza games on the 360 are worth getting because of the distinct selection of tracks. Forza 3 is probably best - it has a fabulous Japanese mountain circuit Fujimi Kaido (Forza 4 has this as well). It is the only game to have the Rally di Positano track. 3 and 4 also have some of the old classic Forza tracks like New York and Sunset Peninsula. But of course you need a 360 for these games.

A lot of people were disappointed with No 5 on the Xone because of the selection of tracks compared to the older games.

Yeah I just grabbed 5 as it was only 10 bucks. Chances are I'll barely play it, lol...

How is Horizon 2?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a handful of unique cars in FM5 IIRC. The RUFs, the Foyt Coyote Ford, the first-gen CR-X, the DTM BMW. Unfortunately, they're mostly DLC.

Oh, there's the inevitable "obsolete" models too, like the Camaro ZL1 and the normal C7 Stingray.

Can't believe you didn't mention F4 car sounds.. I'm disappointed in you lad! :lol::cheers:

Apart from a great track roster, it has pretty good physics for a last-gen console driving game.

It might be worth getting 5 because it does have a select few cars that 6 doesn't; apart from the somewhat low track count, it was a technical marvel I think. Gorgeous track detail, rich car audio and a noticeably more nuanced physics model.

I think some of you might hate this comment but i would suggest keeping your PS4 and buy Assetto Corsa if you are serious about sim racing. AC is by far better than many other racing games in term of physics, realism, and force feedback. i dont mean other games are bad though. For fun racing with AIs and stunning graphics and crazy sound, get Project Cars as well.

I have tried GT series, Forza series, Project Cars, and Assetto Corsa. I have autocross, time trials in real life before starting sim racing because real life racing is too expensive.

Back