Would a tuned 458 Italia get a faster time than a tuned 599 at sarthe??

  • Thread starter Thread starter mstcle323
  • 16 comments
  • 2,484 views
Probably,Best I could manage in a fully tuned 458 Italia was a 3:29.9xx (racing mediums no wing).
 
I really think so. The 599, which i foolishly bought, is really overpriced. the 458 is faster around the corners. At the limits the 599 understeers like nothing else, even after i invested some time into tuning.
 
I really think so. The 599, which i foolishly bought, is really overpriced. the 458 is faster around the corners. At the limits the 599 understeers like nothing else, even after i invested some time into tuning.

The 599 is well, much heavier. I honestly don't think that Polyphony simulated the 599 well at all, and i've thought so since Prologue. In GT5, it handles like a brick, yet in real life it's credited for having very good handling for a GT.
 
Mines very fast and handles really good, I'm thinking if i bought the 458 someone could post a good tune for sarthe???:)on this thread
 
I don't know, I did a 3:22.999 with the 599 cutting everything, and that's damn good in my book. Haven't tried grinding the 458 for fast times yet.
 
I tuned up a 599 for a friend and he told me that he was running faster than his Enzo. I've never done anything with a 458 though so idk
 
Whatever forget about it my 599 gets like 3:35 no cuting
 
I did a 3:23.xxx in my friend's Enzo but it's so lethargic my 458 is much easier and much for fun to drive even if she is a bit slower.👍
 
He said he ran a clean 3:24. I dunno that that's possible as i almost never run Le Mans myself. But that'd be dang fast if that were the case.
 
Ya really fast.👍
 
I don't know, I did a 3:22.999 with the 599 cutting everything, and that's damn good in my book. Haven't tried grinding the 458 for fast times yet.


Cant see anything damn good about cheating. LOL :crazy:
 
And I thought I was doing good with a 3:37 in a fully upgraded Enzo...
 
On ds3 my 599 did a 3:30 at sarthe, and not to mention it was the car that I got the dream drifter trophy after only 1 day finding a good car and another with the 599 and I use that same drifting setup for the sarthe grind excluding tires, and it's perfect, a hair oversteer, I'm an FR guy although I don't dislike MR
 
The 458 Italia feels more nimble in my opinion. :)
 
Back