would it LITERALLY KILL the Polyphony developers to start us in any place other than last?

• Thread starter Pizzapants
  • 224 comments
You don't notice AI in the same car as you pulling away from you out of corners despite them crawling around it? Or cars out of your vision pulling away at a crazy rate, only for then to slow down and let you catch them later?

Why do you think so many of those chili races are hard? It's not because they're suddenly super skilled and lapping as well as you, it's because they're getting a boost to cheat.

Boost has been in the series since the PS1 games, but I think it was 5 where it was first a selectable option.

Yeah if you pay attention it's easy to notice AI doing impossible things relative to their supposed power or tire compound, especially when they're out of view of the player (I think they ignore weather completely when not being rendered on-screen, for example).

To be fair, I think every GT has had rubberbanding. I've complained about it since the first one, though, and I'll continue to do so.

I quite enjoyed Nenkais find of PD fudging the AI cars speedo's so it wasn't obvious that they were going way faster than they should be when viewed in a replay.

I never considered they'd do that, but it really shows that their strange AI system is completely as they want it to be.

I quite enjoyed Nenkais find of PD fudging the AI cars speedo's so it wasn't obvious that they were going way faster than they should be when viewed in a replay.

I never considered they'd do that, but it really shows that their strange AI system is completely as they want it to be.
Ah yes I couldn't remember who/where that analysis was posted, thanks for the name reminder.

https://twitter.com/Nenkaai/status/1532888101588197379

Last edited:
In custom races it seems even with BOP turned off, and using only my garage cars that have custom BOP, that the game still assigns a car to be the rabbit.

Becouse they are much faster than you on the straights gt7 ai is also flawed, but boost is higher on ai on horizon 5 without a doubt, i can keep up with ai on straighs on gt7 even on hard, but on horizon 5 on unbeatable they are like dragsters on straights

I think the boost ai gets is worse in horizon 5,
This really isn't relevant. Nor are the games very comparable in what the AI needs to do. They're both racing games, yes, but one needs to plow through open fields and jumps in an arcade game, the other just needs to keep lapping the same tarmac track in what is meant to be "the real driving simulator".

SimBin were making competent AI back in the very early 2000s. It's certainly possible, even on PS4.

Someone here once said it was a design ethos, and I thinks that's true. The format of last to first is very arcade-esque. It's what you would expect of any arcade racer and I believe PD still see the singleplayer as a load of arcade events tbqh (even if you're driving a car with more sim-like physics).

Last edited:
PD can't make good AI so they put you at the back of the pack instead. It's one way to make things hard I guess.

Last edited:
We proably just have to wait for sophy before we get good ai and then get destroyed, but their is a few events where the ai is a bit quicker,

Hi,

The boost the AI gets doesn't really Matter. Thats Just a vehicle to Bring in various difficult Levels.
What I criticize in AI is their absolute stupid behaviour. If I am next to the AI Car - 19 of 20 Cars will Drive into me, when I am next to them or even slightly in Front of them, when turning into a Corner. AS If they don't know anyone being there. They also Change constantly their Line in straights left right legt etc. when this seems totally unnessesary. Onnthe Others Hand - If they are able to complete With you in the Position - they don't so this and let you easily Go. And their racing tactics - do they have one or is IT scripted, when they Go fuelling etc.? Even If they have Tires in Like me - that don't Need to be replaced - they so it 2 Laps before the Races end - where i probably Just did a Splash and Go for small refuelling (or Changes mapping early enough).

I really don't Care what they so or how they behave when they are away from ne. If they do the perfekt lap -15% or what ever - this doesen't really Matter to me. But they don't Need to be mostly idiots when around ne ...

Back