Would Sports Mode be better with Gr.1 daily races?

• Thread starter JaZZyGee
  • 56 comments

Would Sports Mode be better with Gr.1 daily races?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Like the Gr3 and Gr4, it wouldn't be a constant occurrence. Hells yes I want to see a Gr1 Race C. Why not? I don't care if others can't drive. It increases the chances of me winning.

High B's, A's, and S's will be able to drive them without issue and that's who I get matched with so I see no reason to deny us. Why even include them in the game at the moment? Same with Group B. I dislike dirt races, but I would love to see group B racing on asphalt. Put the content to use!

I agree. Why not use it

Last edited:
I agree. Why not use it

Sport races are currently already full of people that cannot judge correct braking points to keep from punting people off track or just not able to control a car at race pace to remain on circuit and not come back across the track bouncing off a wall and taking out drivers not involved in causing the incident.

This is at speeds much slower than that of a GR1 car. I really believe that one of the reasons that you are not seeing the GR1 cars in the rotation of the daily races is the data PD collects showing the number of contact incidents or off track excursions with the slower cars in the current Sport races may well be bringing them to that same conclusion.

To many races are crashfest with the slower cars so I could imagine what a race with much faster cars could result in.

Sport races are currently already full of people that cannot judge correct braking points to keep from punting people off track or just not able to control a car at race pace to remain on circuit and not come back across the track bouncing off a wall and taking out drivers not involved in causing the incident.

This is at speeds much slower than that of a GR1 car. I really believe that one of the reasons that you are not seeing the GR1 cars in the rotation of the daily races is the data PD collects showing the number of contact incidents or off track excursions with the slower cars in the current Sport races may well be bringing them to that same conclusion.

To many races are crashfest with the slower cars so I could imagine what a race with much faster cars could result in.
You could be right but it would still be better to have an option of taking the risk of trying it rather than never knowing at all. You take that risk entering every race. The cars are there to be raced...let us race them

Anyway...Monza!! Yesss!!!

Last edited:
The cars are there to be raced...let us race them

I agree, race the GR1 on the Tokyo tracks and then we can all fix some popcorn to eat while read all the new threads about the carnage, how people just cannot drive cleanly, the whining about the loss of DR and SR and even how fast those GR1 cars are when they ride the wall around the track.

Popcorn is out and waiting to be popped!:cheers:

I agree, race the GR1 on the Tokyo tracks and then we can all fix some popcorn to eat while read all the new threads about the carnage, how people just cannot drive cleanly, the whining about the loss of DR and SR and even how fast those GR1 cars are when they ride the wall around the track.

Popcorn is out and waiting to be popped!:cheers:

I'd opt out on Tokyo tracks too and opt in with the popcorn!

I would like to see GR.1 daily races as I can actually drive them better than gr3/4. Along with full nurburgring

Meh, why not? Occasionally. Pointless having the feckin things otherwise!
The crashers will crash. The missiles will get nerfed a few ranks. Yes, the first few races, especially if it happens on a weekend or if you race after 5-6pm will be utter hell. But even a 12yo will get narked coming last or being lapped a few times. Book early or race late and the nails will have been hammered already.
Lago Maggiore is made for it. Monza would be cool too.
If I get in my Wipeout zone, I shouldn't embarrass myself too much. :D

GR.1 on Nurb 24h please. The AI doesn't give any competition.
On Tokyo as well, GR.4 on Tokyo makes me doze off behind the wheel. N1000 is fine as well.
I never do the slower races as I forget you still have to brake while practically crawling along already!

If they add it as another category, sure, but it will be a mess unless they filter out lower DR drivers. I think what they should do is introduce some fast street cars to the daily races. It seems to be mostly slower cars. I have some cars I'd like to race like the Camaro SS, Charger, and other street cars.

Also when we get more tracks via updates/dlc, get rid of oval tracks for Gr.3.

They actually had Gr.1 one make races at Blue Moon a couple months ago. It was all Tomahawks. I though it would turn out to be an out of control mess, but proved to be one of the funnest days in game I've had. Won a race by .001 that night. Races on road courses with these would be interesting.

I don't know what the issues might be for PD to set it up, but it would be interesting to see multi-class sport races -- 20 lap endurance?? Perhaps the scoring would be too difficult to manage. Maybe, Invitation only based on SR or DR? Put all the E,D together and watch them crash it out.

Of course there should be daily races that include them. Preferably a fourth option with some unique conditions. It's an entire car class that PD has put a huge amount of time developing; they need representation in the online environment.

Saying you don't want to have them because people cannot handle them is probably the most cynicle argument ever. I will never understand such reasoning.

Of course there should be daily races that include them. Preferably a fourth option with some unique conditions. It's an entire car class that PD has put a huge amount of time developing; they need representation in the online environment.

Agreed. Looking forward to more

Last edited:
If they add it as another category, sure, but it will be a mess unless they filter out lower DR drivers.
Not a bad shout, that. Maybe a fourth Daily option open only to players over a certain level, same as in GT League, where there are Gr.1 races and more lairy one-make races. Would clear out some of the carnage and give people another incentive to level up.

They can add any class they choose including Rally races and drifting to Sport daily races and will just be more races I will choose to sit out of personally.

Those that want to race them should have the chance though if it is a part of the game

I vote 100% Yes.

Call me crazy but I think the Gr.1 cars are easier to drive than 3 or 4. They turn so well and you know when your pushing the limits. I find it also easier to concentrate the faster you go. There's actually a sense of speed with Gr.1. 3 and 4, not so much.

I'd be fine with it. 6-8 racers would be fine.

I agree. On a scale of 1-10, being the highest, I consider my driving skills to be about a 6 or 7 and have always found the GR1s to be not only
much easier to drive, but a lot more fun with less contact with anything on track. My SR is an S right now and I really try to keep it clean but I
will mess up from time to time no matter what class car I'm using. Actually, I miss handle turns way more with the street cars then I do with any other.

Better with or without?

With but only if its an extra 4th event.
And why are the ridiculous GrX VGT cars in this game again?
They're hard enough for a skilled driver to do a qualifying lap, imagine trying to race them things...

Adding any new options makes a game better, choosing one particular thing of many and asking if it would be better with it is pointless because it applies to all of them

Adding any new options makes a game better, choosing one particular thing of many and asking if it would be better with it is pointless because it applies to all of them
It's not pointless to raise the subject on here in the hope that PD are aware regular Gr.1 races are wanted.

It was actually not that bad in DR B. I was expecting complete chaos but was pleasantly surprised.
Yeah it was pretty much like other categories but faster obviously. Enjoyed it

Last edited:
I'd like to have a Gr. 1 daily with the following additional rules:
  • Only real world LMP1s.
  • Only cockpit view.
Yet I think it's not even possible to set up a custom lobby like that, correct?

Back