Would you buy GT6 on PS3?

• Thread starter ch3ng
  • 120 comments
After the announcement of the PS4 a lot people thought GT6 will be a PS4 game. Now we have rumours for a PS3 release. In a interview Sony executive Michael Denny casually mentioned GT6 as one of a few PS3 games like Last of Us.

Would you buy GT6 on PS3 if it will be released on PS3, after you saw what the PS4 is capable of?

Sry for my english :(

How can i create a poll with the gtplanet andriod app?

Yes I would. I will probably use the money I would have spent on a PS4 for a PC instead.

More information. I'm not buying a game instantly just because it says Gran Turismo on the front regardless of system. I'm much more likely to get the game if it's on PS3 though.

Anyone who doesn't answer "yes" isn't a GT fan. I've been brutally honest in my criticisms of PD and GT5, but I'm still buying GT6 on day one regardless of whether it's PS3 or PS4. What would be the point in skipping it?

First, this poll is horribly designed.
-Options 1 and 6 are the same thing, and could easily be consolidated as "Yes, I'd buy GT6 regardless of what platform it's for."
-Option 4 assumes that people would only have the ability to purchase one driving game, which is logically false because any person with the ability to purchase DriveClub and a PS4 at/near launch would also likely have the ability to purchase those and a PS3 game.
-I could go on, but whatever...

Anyway, I voted Option 1, though Option 6 was just as valid. Unless GT6 has less than 100 cars and like 5 tracks, and/or looks and feels like a PS1 game, I'd see no reason not to. GT3 was in my opinion a big step backwards for the series, despite the much improved physics and graphics engine, and I've yet to get tired of GT5 (often seen as the biggest disappointment of the series).

Also, I have no intention of picking up a PS4 at/near launch, regardless of whatever titles may come out. GT6-as-a-PS4-Launch-Title could have every car ever made, every real course in the world, and every fantasy course from all previous games. It can wait. In my opinion, buying a console (especially these days) at launch is foolish: prices will drop within 6-12 months, the software library will expand, and most importantly you don't get to play test dummy for the hardware. Will I eventually get a PS4 and whatever inevitable GT title there is for that console? Absolutely...but probably not until a year or so after its release.

Mike240SX
-Option 4 assumes that people would only have the ability to purchase one driving game, which is logically false because any person with the ability to purchase DriveClub and a PS4 at/near launch would also likely have the ability to purchase those and a PS3 game.
Of course you can buy more racing games. But maybe some people don't want to buy GT6 on PS3 after a Next Gen racing game like Forza 5 is announced. Those people would only buy Gt6 on PS3 if a next game isn't announced and not likely to be released soon.

Maybe some people don't want or don't have the money to buy 2-20 racing games within months or a year.

The option 4 is for those kind of people.

Last edited:
Of course you can buy more racing games. But maybe people don't want to buy GT6 on PS3 after a Next Gen racing game like Forza 5 is announced. Those people would only buy Gt6 on PS3 if a next game isn't announced and not likely to be released soon.

Maybe some people don't want or don't have the money to buy 2-20 racing games within months or a year.

The option 4 is for those kind of people.

Fair enough, but the reasoning you presented is absolutely not how the option was phrased. Though the part I put in bold still confuses me, since the quality of one item does not affect the quality of another. If GT6 was "worth buying" on its own, not buying it simply because Forza 5 exists is nonsensical.

Mike240SX
L
Fair enough, but the reasoning you presented is absolutely not how the option was phrased. Though the part I put in bold still confuses me, since the quality of one item does not affect the quality of another. If GT6 was "worth buying" on its own, not buying it simply because Forza 5 exists is nonsensical.
Problem is we don't know if GT or other racing games are worth buying, because we have no information about them if the weren't announced already.

The whole poll would be pointless, if you only want to vote for a game you have information for.

Maybe GT6 is the best racing game ever
Maybe it is crap.
We don't know yet. I think opinions will change if we get an announcement and information for GT6.

For example People who said no i don't buy another GT on PS3 will maybe change their mind.

Last edited:
First I will see some reviews and trailers and based on those make decision. Nah let's be realistic I will definately get the game, not on the first day but about the time of first patches.

I have no interest in buying anything for the PS3 anymore. It's too old of a platform to meet my expectations for a Gran Turismo worthwhile getting after GT5's disappointing problems.

If the PS4 is backwards compatible I will buy GT6 for PS3, then play it on PS4. I will literally wait for PS4 and then open GT6 then put it in the PS4.

If it was true I would preoder GT6 even today:D

I know GT6 on PS3 could be another disappointment but GT6 would be one of last games I would buy on PS3 (apart from GTAV and MGS Ground Zeroes)

I wouldn't need PS4 though I could afford on it easily. I might get it after release hype - and price! - has come down.

If PS4 user terms by any stands are violating my sense of fair I won't get machine at all.

And what comes on Gran Turismo 6 in PS3?
I might concider buying it if all cars has interiors, more tracks, more day/night transitions, more wather options, more rallying, co-karting. Less drifting and less Nissan Skylines. It simple has to be better than GT5 in all levels. GT5 leaves cold and after months of play it becomes clear it has no even soul.

Whole Gran Turismo fleet should learn lot from Forza 4 (not Horizon) guys how to make things just fun.

What would be the point in skipping it?

Because there will be better games available and also to persuade PD to keep their quality up. If GT6 will be for PS3, I don't think it will be any better than Forza 4. Even if it is, they would have wasted potential by not putting it on a stronger system.

Saying "yes I'll buy anything" is not being a fan. It's not caring what happens to the series, so it's actually the exact opposite.

If it turns out that GT6 is in fact coming to PS3 - I will buy it, eventually, when the price drops below $25-20. Although, I'm taking Denny's statement with a grain of salt. I suspect unintentional BS.

Absolutely. Since I don't plan on buying the PS4 on the next couple of years or so, a PS3 release would be very convenient for me.

If it comes out on PS3 - so be it and i will buy it. If it comes out on PS4 - so be it and i will buy it.
People either have money to buy the new console or not - thats all. I personally would like that it would be on PS4 but than again i can understand the people that do not have enough money to buy a new console for GT6 - and than they would be left behind.
Anyway i will be happy when the new GT6 will come out either on PS3 or PS4.
The question is - when!!!

The simple fact that everyone here is at a website called GTPlanet and in a thread called GT6 should give you that answer.

Gran Turismo is the greatest virtual fisherman ever!

maxpontiac
The simple fact that everyone here is at a website called GTPlanet and in a thread called GT6 should give you that answer.

Gran Turismo is the greatest virtual fisherman ever!

Lol. So true.

Toronado
It isn't.

What the heck. What is wrong with the gaming industry. Ever since they took away backwards compatible I was loosing hope in sony. Now its defiant.

What the heck. What is wrong with the gaming industry. Ever since they took away backwards compatible I was loosing hope in sony. Now its defiant.

Too much changed in the system architecture. PS3 data is not compatible with the PS4. Only through Gaikai online streaming is backwards compatibility possible, but it is most likely not supported fully for a long time after PS4's launch.

The lack of BC is something that will upset many people, but I'm not too disappointed about it. The reason behind no BC is that the PS4 is ultimately a lot better device than the PS3.

I would buy it. I said one time before that I would be cautious about buying the next GT since I found GT5 to be really disappointing. But if GT6 is on PS3, I'm willing to give PD one more chance since the second GT on a Playstation system is better overall than the first one. Hopefully, this trend will continue.

...... *Sigh* Yes, I would buy GT6 for the P.S.3. *Mumbles* I just hope its better though, I want PD to impress me, not like what happened on GT5... -___-

Latest Posts

Back