Would you buy GT6 on PS3?

• Thread starter ch3ng
  • 120 comments
Definitely not on launch. I'll need reviews from the community here. ;)

I can trust the people on here. The major websites....eh...to a degree.

This. $60 will be a much easier pill to swallow, since I don't plan on getting a PS4 immediately. But it won't be a day 1 purchase - which has been the case for me for every full GT since GT2 - due to GT5. I'll wait for opinions from certain people here 👍

Right now I am really itching for a new racing game so if they announce it to be released this year on the PS3 I will be on the pre-order list shortly there after.

NO I would only buy it if its on PS3 Not spend huge amount of money on next gen systems.I will wait 3 years waiting for all issues to be figured out and prices to get lower then and only then would I buy GT6 on PS4 I personally feel that anything over 300 bucks is a waste of money for a gaming system. I think patience pays off in the end

however if the announce it on PS3 sign me up now

Right now I am really itching for a new racing game so if they announce it to be released this year on the PS3 I will be on the pre-order list shortly there after.

There are dozens of worth playing racing games and sims. Do not stick with the ps3.

Yes. GT5 was my first "real" GT experience (I had GT4 but didn't have a wheel), and I really love the game. I don't buy many games (For PS3, I have like 4 games total), so I can't really justify buying a PS4 only to play one game I really like.

I need more informations, when is PS4 releasing in EU, when pCars for PS4 is releasing, PD plans for PS4.

If they release GT6 on PS3 I will buy it, but as soon as pCars for PS4 (or GT whatever comes first) is released I'm buying PS4 along with other games.

There are dozens of worth playing racing games and sims. Do not stick with the ps3.
To be honest, I have several other racing games and sims, and they're gathering dust. I'm not even considering "iRenting" until I'm rich enough to throw a couple of hundred out the window. I'm not sure Project CARS will be any better than Shift, and I don't really like Drive Club, so that leaves...

...and I don't really like Drive Club, so that leaves...

Forza! ;-) *justkidding*

It's basically the same with me. Tried some racing games, but I prefer the ones on console to PC ones. Shift 2 made me go crazy with all the fonts, blinking messages and its action focus (despite some great ideas in there). With Dirt I realized that I prefer circuits to rallye and that leaves GT... That's why I am very much looking forward to Wednesday.

To be honest, I have several other racing games and sims, and they're gathering dust. I'm not even considering "iRenting" until I'm rich enough to throw a couple of hundred out the window. I'm not sure Project CARS will be any better than Shift, and I don't really like Drive Club, so that leaves...

Assetto Corsa.
netkarPro.
rFactor 2.
rFactor.
Forza 4.
Race 07 and all it's expansions.
Ferrari Challenge/Supercar Challenge.
F1CE.
Grand Prix Legends.
GTR 2.

This is totally aside from the fact that you've decided you don't like two games you haven't even played (pCARS and Driveclub), so...

Who said I stick with the PS3?

I said I would pre-order GT6 of it comes out for the PS3 and I will. I do not favor the PS3 but I do like GT and GT only comes on the PS so that is the only platform for that game. I also have an XBox and play Forza and have a couple of killer PCs with several racing games on them. The problem is that I am tired of all of them and need something new.

Not sure where you get dozens of playable racing sims. I can think of a few but there really are not very many that I like.

rFactor.
Forza 4.
Ferrari Challenge/Supercar Challenge.
GTR 2.
Yes, and I played most of those two weeks ago. I didn't rFactor because I don't like it, and Ferrari Challenge because it's essentially Forza 2.5 with Ferraris. Not interested in Formula 1 headache inducing speed blisters or rFactor 2 which right now looks like a demo like Live For Speed. Oh, which I also played.

Unfortunately, I wasted several hours on Forza 4 just trying to get a Golf GTi around Hockenheim in a remotely skillful manner. It was messy, it was a chore, and I made up all kinds of new swear words to express my delight with the game. It would have helped if ABS actually worked.

Now even though I can't for the life of me come to grips with racing in Forza 4 the way I want, all of the games did things well. While the graphics in my PC sims are pretty bad, and the sounds are unimpressive, I enjoyed the better physics in all of them. In fact I still miss the sense of danger in Forza 4, because if you take a car in Forza to the edge, the car heaves on its suspension to the point it gets scary and the tires make a horrendous squeal - heck, I smelled burnt rubber! In fact F4 may be the most realistic racer on the market. But the bots are as stupid as they are in GT5, and if I can't handle a car the way I want, there's not much point to it, is there.

Even with all its flaws, I went back to GT5 that evening because I missed my several hundred rides, my graphics, my sounds - oh yes, I think the sound is just fine thank you, the proper Nordschleife and my Course Maker tracks I and my PS3 built. I missed the sense of danger in Forza 4, the cars in GT5 feel much too safe and well planted, but I personally prefer the GT5 tire model. As amazing as Forza's is, every tire type feels like a racing compound.

So... yeah. ;)

By the way, I humbly ask permission to have my own feelings towards certain games, like P CARS, which I didn't say I don't like.

Yeah the ABS on Forza has been garbage since Forza 3, on Forza 2 it actually worked. Forza 2-4 are all pretty good and as far as I am concerned the only rival to GT. The AI in Forza 4 IMO is not as good as GT5, more like they were in GT4 trying to get on the line no matter what and then there is that weird effect that if you rear end another car with much force it somehow magically makes your car spin out ????

GTR2 is not bad... GT Legends is pretty good but both of those are old and been there done that. Toca 3 wasn't bad. I did not like Grid at all nor did I like Shift nor Shift 2 in fact the last NFS that I enjoyed playing was UG2 and PU is still the best NFS title IMO.

Been thinking about trying rFactor or iRacing but not sure if I would like those or not and iRacing is quite expensive so. I don't know, will probably try it for 30 days and see what it is like.

Would be great to get a new GT this year for the PS3 though. I think if they opt to make it for the PS4 then we would be looking at at least another year or 3 due to the different hardware and my understanding was that GT6 was going to be built off the core GT5 code so getting it this year for the PS3 is much more likely I think.

To be honest, I have several other racing games and sims, and they're gathering dust.
Yes but you are Tenacious D so it's normal. There's a good amount of users here capable to enjoy other worth playing racing games toghether with Gran Turismo.

And I finally gave up comparing this to that in forums, it just leads to useless discussions. GT has some great moments rFactor has some great mods. They are booth great on their own, I play booth.

Yes to GT6 on PS3, what choice do we have!!

SINCE==> there will be no GTx on the PS4 for another 3 years, we have to take what we can get. (regardless whether GT6 was to be on the PS3 or NOT)

Pricing is not an issue, GT games are worth 25x their price to me.

I know deep in my gut, GT6 will be no real different from what GT5 was, and that is perfectly fine with me. I will not be shocked or let down, I can only be pleasantly surprised if I'm proven wrong, or "Hear" something that will make me smile from ear to ear.

Happy Anniversary GT, PD, Kaz, long live your evolving dream. Please do release more timely DLC, I am amongst one of millions of people that would support this.

The one thing I am slightly afraid of is this: The PS4, is no longer Proprietary technology as the first 3 PS were, therefore, we might see that GTGame quite 'dumbed down' since it is PC architecture. Knowing Kaz, he is probably aware of this, and is why, GT6 is coming to PS3. GT7 needs 3 years at least, to prevent a disaster.

Last edited:
Yes to GT6 on PS3, what choice do we have!!

SINCE==> there will be no GTx on the PS4 for another 3 years, we have to take what we can get. (regardless whether GT6 was to be on the PS3 or NOT)

Have to take what we get? Thats exactly what Polyphony Digital is counting on. Over zealous fans taking whatever they decide to dish out. Its that type of attitude that will only sink the franchise, because once they realize (if they havent already) that the game will sell millions no matter what they do or dont do they wont try their hardest to make it as good as it can be. Madden NFL is a very good example of this.

Pricing is not an issue, GT games are worth 25x their price to me.

Because Polyphony Digital is given a 50, 60 million dollar budget. And if you ask me the quality of their games does not live up to the budget. Im not going to praise a film with a $200,000,000 budget just because the ticket price is the same as a film with a $20,000,000 budget.

I know deep in my gut, GT6 will be no real different from what GT5 was, and that is perfectly fine with me. I will not be shocked or let down, I can only be pleasantly surprised if I'm proven wrong, or "Hear" something that will make me smile from ear to ear.

Happy Anniversary GT, PD, Kaz, long live your evolving dream. Please do release more timely DLC, I am amongst one of millions of people that would support this.

How contradictory. First you say you're fine with them not evolving the game, and you see GT5 will be GT5.5, but then in the next paragraph you say Kazunori is constantly evolving his dream.

Lambob
The one thing I am slightly afraid of is this: The PS4, is no longer Proprietary technology as the first 3 PS were, therefore, we might see that GTGame quite 'dumbed down' since it is PC architecture. Knowing Kaz, he is probably aware of this, and is why, GT6 is coming to PS3. GT7 needs 3 years at least, to prevent a disaster.

PS3 was around 10x more powerful then PS2. PS4 is around 10x more powerful then PS3. Dumbed down or not, the raw power jump is still there.

I would find it hard to say that using a PC type architecture would in any way dumb down any game. PC games have been far ahead of console games for a very long time those that have versions for consoles are typically dumbed down versions. Oh how I would love to see a GT or Forza game that would run on my PC which btw even though is 2 years old and was not quite top of the line is still as strong or stronger than either of the new consoles and very much stronger than the existing ones with much much more space.

In fact the PS3 and Xbox360 were the first consoles that could even come close to the PC I was using 15 years ago.

Have to take what we get? Thats exactly what Polyphony Digital is counting on. Over zealous fans taking whatever they decide to dish out. Its that type of attitude that will only sink the franchise, because once they realize (if they havent already) that the game will sell millions no matter what they do or dont do they wont try their hardest to make it as good as it can be. Madden NFL is a very good example of this.
You do not have to get any GT game earth, not a single one. You actually don't have to get any games at all.

Madden NFL is a US exclusive title, so I wouldn't take that as a very good example. Take FIFA if you want, although that game isn't compareable to GT (nor is Madden).

As long as they do what the majority sees as good enough to make a buy decision, they'll be fine. Your individual alone won't make the difference.
Because Polyphony Digital is given a 50, 60 million dollar budget. And if you ask me the quality of their games does not live up to the budget. Im not going to praise a film with a $200,000,000 budget just because the ticket price is the same as a film with a $20,000,000 budget.
You just competely missed his point. By faaaaar, by that far that I can't even desribe it.
How contradictory.
It's not...
First you say you're fine with them not evolving the game, and you see GT5 will be GT5.5, but then in the next paragraph you say Kazunori is constantly evolving his dream.
If it weren't evolving at all it couldn't become 5.5. Theoretically it would always stay at 5.

This is contradictory.
PS3 was around 10x more powerful then PS2. PS4 is around 10x more powerful then PS3. Dumbed down or not, the raw power jump is still there.
In this case your right.

I would say, It's not all about graphics. But, GT6 looks amazing with adaptive tessellation and dynamic range. it looks very next gen.

But all i honestly care about, Are the Physics.

Back