Would you buy GT6 on PS3?

• Thread starter ch3ng
  • 120 comments
No. I'll get the PS4 when it's released, and after that anything that happens on the PS3 is out of interest for me.

I'd only buy it if it is only for PS3, but if they release the game on both, I might consider buying for PS4. I'll be pretty steamed if They make a dumbed down version for PS4 to match the PS3 version. I'd like them to utilize the capability of the PS4.

I think they could be squeezing this game out as a stepping stone between GT5 and GT7. I just don't see why they wouldn't just take their time and make GT6 a huge game with tons of features only for PS4. Obviously we are all patient enough after waiting and waiting for GT5.

No, I will not buy PS3 on GT6. Absolutely not. There isnt a shred of doubt.

At this point GT6 on PS3 would be one of the worst decisions in the long sad history of bad decisions.

How will it compete with Forza 5 on the Next Box? rfactor 2 and GTR3 running on the latest high end PCs? It simply cant. Therefore it doesnt interest me

What are GT fanboys going to say when they see Forza 5 in 1080p with 24+ Auto Vista quality cars racing eachother and all they get is another dose of blocky shadows etc?

Never!
If there was an option, would you buy it on PS3 if Forza was released on Xbox 720 att the same time? No way, bye bye GT forever! THe most stupid misstake ever in history.
It would be like Nokia, all go for smartphones but they stick to symbian crap because they were the biggest. BUT, i do belive GT6 is for PS4 and PS3 is just a wrongsaying or a port of the PS4 version for all those who want to stick to the PS3.

I would buy it. I said one time before that I would be cautious about buying the next GT since I found GT5 to be really disappointing. But if GT6 is on PS3, I'm willing to give PD one more chance since the second GT on a Playstation system is better overall than the first one. Hopefully, this trend will continue.

This.
Also, why are people talking about Forza 5 when Microsoft haven't even announced their new console?
GT6 is probably not a launch title. I think Forza has a chance of being a launch game for the next Xbox. So, if both systems are released at about the same time, Forza would already be ahead of GT since I don't think we'll see the next GT game on PS4 in the next couple of years or so. I think GT on PS4 would use a lot of that new social stuff on the PS4 and since I personally don't care much about it, and the graphics are fine now, a PS3 release is enough for me.

We think that PD have a few more tracks ready, and must have loads of cars coverted to premium. With the lack of DLC (I thought PD announced that they would release DLC every couple of months?) I think that GT6 would be fairly easy to release, with an improved AI, more events (seasonals and GT Academy show that these are fairly easy to create) then a viable GT6 could be released within a couple of months.

cease support for GT5 (updates and patches), reduce the seasonals and I reckon that loads of people would buy GT6.

I doubt that I'll be buying PS4 within the first 12 months - I expect it to be too expensive. So I'd would really like GT6 to be released on PS3 - and that means soon!

Not meaning in any way shape of form to derail this thread but perhaps could someone make a new thread(Don't think I am allowed yet!) that states 'the people who only want GT6 to be on the PS4 and their reasons why?' If they feel the same as me. I haven't seen any threads directly related to people who exclusively want next gen. Reading through a lot of comments it seems many share my view of moving to PS4 because of what Kaz has said in the past and the RAM and processing restrictions of the PS3. Oh and on the poll I wish there was a 'will buy this current generation game if it comes out but would rather get it for the PS4'

I would buy GT6 as soon as it hit the shelves. 👍 I don't think in my current financial state that I could afford a PS4, plus age is creeping up on me (65). 👎 Get it done for PS3 PD.

I would... but only after I check car list, track list and several other aspects...

I will only buy a "finished" game this time...

I voted "I need more information". I require it to be vastly improved over GT5. That is required whether it is a PS3 or PS4 game. It's crazy how long they spent developing GT5, considering it was by far the GT game that I lost interest in the quickest.

Yeah, I don't mean to keep repeating what everyone has said, but the poll is poorly built for me to vote.

I think it's no question to me that I'll get GT6 where ever it'll be released on. This would fit in at least 3 of those categories.

Although I'd prefer it to be a PS4 title, I'd still buy GT6 if it came out on the PS3.

A game is what? £40? Even if it was only a 12 month gap to GT7 on the PS4 it would still be worth having.

I will probably get GT6 regardless of PS3 or PS4. A PS4 release would be better of course, but if it's a PS3 release that means that they probably had the chance to work on other things than just graphics.

If that VP was right about what he said, we'll probably get more details soon. 1/6th of 2013 is already gone...

A bit more thought... I'd personally be surprised if GT6 was launched on the PS3.

I doubt PD would release a game on the scale of GT5 for the PS3 if they needed to release a next gen version in the next 1-2 years... and the next gen version is VERY important to Sony's as it will deliver massive take up of the PS4.

I'd buy it without a doubt. It would also spare me of needing to buy a PS4 close to launch, which would probably be pretty expensive :)

As long as it has the cars I want and realistic sounds, I will most likely be satisfied. So yes, I'd buy it for the PS3.

Sit down. He's joking. Unless he's magic. ;)

OP:
If GT6 was on the shelves, even next week, I'll buy it - even though I've still not completed GT5 100%.
In fact I sometimes go back and play GT4 and 3, because I've not completed those 100%, either.

What if there was no GT6?
What if the slip about 'GT6 coming to PS3' was intentional - a marketing ploy?

At this point we don't know a lot - that's for sure. But if GT6 was made for PS3 - sure, I'll buy it - I wouldn't skip it. There are many reasons for buying a game - I have a few.
If it came along a year after the PS4 launch - maybe even better (obviously? PS3s getting old, next gen game, etc, etc) but until then Kaz is going to have to feed us DLCs every which way but loose to keep hardcore GT5 fans from climbing the walls. Can he do it?

We have to remember, too, that many players have heavily invested in this game. How easy is it going to be to just let it go and start on the blank slate that (possibly) would be GT6? Would any data be transferable?

photonrider
Sit down. He's joking. Unless he's magic. ;)

OP:
If GT6 was on the shelves, even next week, I'll buy it - even though I've still not completed GT5 100%.
In fact I sometimes go back and play GT4 and 3, because I've not completed those 100%, either.

What if there was no GT6?
What if the slip about 'GT6 coming to PS3' was intentional - a marketing ploy?

At this point we don't know a lot - that's for sure. But if GT6 was made for PS3 - sure, I'll buy it - I wouldn't skip it. There are many reasons for buying a game - I have a few.
If it came along a year after the PS4 launch - maybe even better (obviously? PS3s getting old, next gen game, etc, etc) but until then Kaz is going to have to feed us DLCs every which way but loose to keep hardcore GT5 fans from climbing the walls. Can he do it?

We have to remember, too, that many players have heavily invested in this game. How easy is it going to be to just let it go and start on the blank slate that (possibly) would be GT6? Would any data be transferable?

Yeah we don't know much. But now I came to this point. I will buy it for whatever system it comes out on. I just wanna play a new GT.

Back