Would you like a 100 lap endo race on the Nurburgring track in gt4

• Yes

Votes: 48 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by humbo
I think they should make it extremely realistic and that there's no pausing allowed, unless you stop at the pits and you decide to take a break or something. It's pretty much mandatory that you have some friends over to change drivers once in a while, like in the 24 hour races.

well you see unlike you when i get to gether with my mates we generally dont sit down and play through and endurance race, more into the going out somewhere side of things myself.

No pausing allowded? I'm very glad you don't work for PD :)

Well actually I wouldn't be able to do it since my friends aren't into GT games, and I got the no pausing idea from Battle Gear 3.

Crazy crazy crazy!!!!!!! :D

Actually I'd settle easely with anything they'd do that reflects reality!! So a 24 hours of LeMans or Daytona, any real laps on any circuit as real life races, etc., etc., etc......

They just should do as they did in GT1 to GT2, on more cd (dvd in GT3 to GT4's case) and have one disc for arcade mode and one for simulation mode. Updating the realism for the tire wear would be nice also. No more "bumper cars", no more "elastic cars (or slingshot). Bring back tire damage, and add some form of body damage.

how bored would i be if the AI was good? Very, 100 laps is stupid if u ask me, certainly include it for ppl who want it, but wouldnt touch it.

Originally posted by DRIFT4EVA
Bob Jane T-Marts Bathurst 1000 all the way. The thought of flying down Conrod straight.

hmmm i might be intrested in that endurance but the only thing that would intrest me is if theyhave the holden and ford race cars, other wise it would probably bore me aswell. I would hope it would get pushed down to a 50 lap enduro if it was in though because bathurst aint exactly that small of a track...

KY has confirmed that it wont be in GT4 so this topic is kind of pointless. The new shorter version could make an appearence though but the PS2 couldn't handle loading the long one into it's memory.

Originally posted by live4speed
KY has confirmed that it wont be in GT4 so this topic is kind of pointless. The new shorter version could make an appearence though but the PS2 couldn't handle loading the long one into it's memory.
Doesn't PS2 use sth called 'streaming'? Like Jak II uses... ehm Grand Canyon is pretty large:odd:

Meh. I would do the 100 lap endro in GT4, as long as im in my Pink Vitz and lead 99 of the 100 laps. Hell, Im cool with it.

What if GT4 used the HDD thats comeing out soon, I was playing my bros SOCOM2 game and it has something for the HDD and it came out when like a few months ago, but maybe if they do decide to use the HDD they might throw some larger tracks in the mix or maybe a downloadable one, just a thought...

Originally posted by Kaniyodrift
Doesn't PS2 use sth called 'streaming'? Like Jak II uses... ehm Grand Canyon is pretty large:odd:

PS2 can use streaming, but only to a certain degree, comparing the size of Grand canyon to the size of Nordschleiffe is like compawring a golf ball to a football, the PS2 just can't stream that much detail and data.

It's pretty unlikely that we'll ever get to play the Nordschleife any time soon with a decent simulation (aside from GPL). An observation though...
I play GT3 for the thrill of it, the driving itself. That is controlling the car on the edge and getting an adrenaline rush (a little difficult really, I seem to be immune these days... the real thing's better) Some people it seems play it just for the challenge of "beating the game" how one might beat a game is beyond me, but hey. These people like the sensation of completing something epic or quite overwhelming in apparant size (like GT3 100%, which I still haven't got - I like doing time trials without timing myself, if that makes sense)
If they chose a running race, they would choose a marathon, whilst I'd choose a 100m sprint. If they were mountain bikers they'd do an enduro cross-country, whilst I'd do a 2 minute blast downhill... Each to their own, as always...
I'm not having a go, just stating an observation... in a particularly boring manner, granted ;)
As such I want the Nordschleife in GT4 because its demanding every hundredth of a second, but 100 laps is not for me, it would be far too much and I'd lose concentration and get pissed off cos I wouldn't be able to drive the track quite so fast. I've never done more than one lap straight on GPL anyway, I usually crash from pushing too hard, or forgetting the track layout... not clever at 180+ with cross-ply tyres and no downforce :eek:
It seems that a lot of people want 100 laps just cos it sounds cool... that's fairy snuff i spose

I'll finish now and go to bed, my brain hurts...

i think races like that get a little insane, i dont want any more rediculously long races because its just demoralizing to finish. I say your crazy, i only want like 10 endurance races or 45 minutes or less

patience should never be a virtue in a video game, thats sacreligous(i think i spelled that wrong, but you know what I meant)

Back