Would you like a 100 lap endo race on the Nurburgring track in gt4

• Yes

Votes: 48 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by alpine_man
dont worry guys the nurburgring race track has an average formula 1 laptime of lets say 1:40 or 1:50...id love a 100lap enduro on that...the 7minute track is the nordschleife...but no one here could make it in 7 or even 8 minutes even with the fastest car you would need at least 8 minutes. the real life record is set at like 7:53 or somethin by the m3csl and before that it was the GT2 with 8:02...in racing time thats an eternity as u all know...so 100 laps on that na thanx but it should be included along with the nurburgring track

The Norschleiffe is the name for a circuit in the Nurburgring, it's called the Nurburgring Norschleiffe, the F1 cars race at the new Nurburgring which is considerably smaller, were all taking here about the full circuit though. The record for a production road car is the Radical SR3 turbo, I can't remeber the exact time but it's either in the high 7'30's or the low - mid 7'40's. Not every car built has been tested there so there is probably a few cars that can lap it quicker than the CSL. As for anyone not making a lap in under 8 mins, how the hell do you know, ever playe the ring on GPL, or ever even seen some of the times people have got in that game insanely fast and it's a proper sim, moreso than the GT series.

"Nürburgring" is generally the name for the late GP track, and "Nordschleife" is the name for the old 13 mile long circuit with 73+ bends, which has been lapped in 6:11,130 min in a Porsche 956 by Stefan Bellof in 1983, which is the record.
Trained drivers in modern sportscars, like the CSL, NSX-R, GT3 need around 8 minutes give or take a few seconds. Obviously race cars go a bit faster, but the record of 6.11 hasn't been beaten since 1983.

Here are some video links of complete laps:
http://foto.nurburgring.de/web/video/Frank_Stippler_Onboard.wmv
http://foto.renn.tv/web/video/Artur_Deutgen.wmv

tbh i find long races boring. id probs do 2 laps of nurb, any more and it gets ridiculous. I even find 4+ laps on stadard races pushes my interest! lol. I like LOTS of shorter races tbh

Our calculations are not wrong as this is where 7 mins came from.

Oh hadto copy image from somebodies post as I didn't have a pic.

Driving even 5 without a mistake at a reasonable speed is tiresome.

That's already 40-45 minutes of hard concentration.

A six or twelve hour race with the option to switch drivers over the Internet during a pitstop in an online race with more than 20 drivers would be cool, but probably won't happen.

considering that it takes years to learn the nordschleife, how could one get bored doing even 5 laps. thats just not feasable, unless youve been hittin gpl a lot recently.

so you havent got the time. neither do i. but you know what, one day i intend to do that 100 lap race (assuming they do use it!) not everything in the game has to be tailored to your individual needs. live with it.

nurburgring for GT4. heck, nurburgring for president.

this post directed at all the naysayers.

they have the full length nurbburgring in Project Gothem 2....i am sick of that track i hate racing for 10 minutes and only finishing one lap....the small one look like it suit me better.

As the brains behind the '100 laps of Complex String' i seriously think i'd be crazy enough to do the 100 laps of Nurburgring. (the long one of course) I's even do it without any other cars on the track.

A couple of cars i could use would be a 595 hp Nissan 300zx twinturbo 2seater (a la, the one i did 100loCS in) or a RUF CTR Yellow Bird (or whatever that beast is called). :)

Originally posted by Davion Guard
ISnt the TEst track in GT3 supposed to simulate the Ring?

Sorry, Im not a big fan of making left turns all day, too much like Nascar.........*shiver*

Ok i dont know what your smoking but could you give me some?

Your talking about the test course, wre are talking about the complex sting and nurburgring. nurburgring is a very long twisty track and alot better then any nascar track.

Actually the Nordschleife is a bit of a wimp when it comes to absolute length. The longest track I'm aware of was a loop of public roads used in the Targa Florio, which was some 44 miles per lap, and there were either 8 or 11 laps, I can't remember. I should look it up.

And then of course there's the Mille Miglia (1000 km), but that's not a lap, it's a point-to-point.

One of the things that seriously limits GT3's long-term attraction is that the tracks are too short. Yes, short tracks have their place, but if you're doing a 160-minute enduro (like the Tokyo one), you really want something to get your teeth into.

I would love it if the Nordschleife was in GT4.

I also think you should be able to save at a pitstop.

I have a feeling the PS2 wouldn't cope with Nordschleife, unless they get the game to seamlessly load sections as it comes allong like in GTA3/VC. I mean if you look at Complex string and the test course (arguably the largest size tracks on GT3) the surrounding area is very barren (unlike the other tracks with loads of buildings and background scenery).

After seeing the Nordschleife video with the 911 GT2 and the M5 i'd love to see it appear in GT4, i think it would make a great multiplayer race.

aslong as it was needed to complete teh game 100% i won't argue. But i suppose me and my mates (who include 911_Carrera) could manage it in an all nighter. You know like in a proper enduro with driver changes.

100 laps on Nurburgring would be mind blowingly boring. Nurburgring is an ace track, but 100 laps, in a video game? :rolleyes:

PGR2 has it right with final race being 2 laps in fast cars, which is fun. We won't see it in GT4 in whole form atleast which is a pity. :(

Enduro races are cool but I never finished GT3 because of them, I realy dont have the time to race for 2hrs straight I tried it once but just got bored pretty quick I was in the lead and noone to be found :lol: oh well maybe in GT4 something could spark and make me actually race them... but yea dont expect much until the PS3 comes out..

There should be. In GT3 the longest endurance race was 2 hours. You call that an endurance race?

There should be a 12 hour race, but there should also be an option to save durring the race so people can actually do it.

The problem is people don't have time to bother with a 12 hour race, even if I could save during it it would take me over a week to do and I'd just stop playing GT4 about halfway through due to boredom, not the best way to end the best game ever.

I think they should make it extremely realistic and that there's no pausing allowed, unless you stop at the pits and you decide to take a break or something. It's pretty much mandatory that you have some friends over to change drivers once in a while, like in the 24 hour races.

Back