Would you like drag racing returning?

• Thread starter MadMax97
  • 40 comments
I wouldn't mind it being included, we've never actually had drag racing in a GT game only sole timed runs on the strip in GT4 or test tracks. But they were just against yourself, you were not racing anyone else.

If they do include it and do it well it could be a nice distraction, but it's not a necessity by any means.

I thought you said PODracing, if so then yes. :lol:

I also loved the 400m and 1000m strip in GT2 & 3, was a unique way to test a vehicle, like best motoring did with their top speed and performance runs.

Well there's this as well, but a dedicated drag racing mode has never been in any GT game so far (unless you count the 400m/1000m machine tests).

You need to stop making a new thread everytime a new question pops into your head. None of us here work at PD and we don't know what will or will not be in the game. Just wait, be a good boy, spend your time more productively (like doing your homework) and the game will arrive before you know it.

Or you can learn Japanese and ask this guy directly: https://twitter.com/kaz_yamauchi?lang=en

Last edited:
Well there's this as well, but a dedicated drag racing mode has never been in any GT game so far (unless you count the 400m/1000m machine tests).

You need to stop making a new thread everytime a new question pops into your head. None of us here work at PD and we don't know what will or will not be in the game. Just wait, be a good boy, spend your time more productively (like doing your homework) and the game will arrive before you know it.

Or you can learn Japanese and ask this guy directly: https://twitter.com/kaz_yamauchi?lang=en

You're right, I should calm my hype for GT7 and not make a new thread for every small thing, I accept the criticism and I apologize.

But please, not make claims on my personal life, because I don't like when someone attack my person and my private stuff.

However, my question wasn't 'IF drag racing will be in this game' but I clearly asked 'if you would LIKE drag racing being GT7' and not if it will be because no one can know that obviously..... You misunderstood the context of the question man.

BTW the test course strip is very cool in old GT games, my favourite one is from GT3 with tunnel, lovely!

Last edited:
You're right, I should calm my hype for GT7 and not make a new thread for every small thing, I accept the criticism and I apologize.

But please, not make claims on my personal life, because I don't like when someone attack my person and my private stuff.

However, my question wasn't 'IF drag racing will be in this game' but I clearly asked 'if you would LIKE drag racing being GT7' and not if it will be because no one can know that obviously..... You misunderstood the context of the question man.

BTW the test course strip is very cool in old GT games, my favourite one is from GT3 with tunnel, lovely!

Ok, sorry I went too far. But at least you got the message and that's good 👍

If you have little questions the General Discussion thread would be better than making different threads for each one. Or just wait one week, write all your questions on paper and put them all in one thread e.g. "My Thoughts & Ideas for GT7". We like to keep things organized here so everything is easy to read and find, and it doesn't become the mess that is discord/facebook/youtube.

Enjoy your stay :)

Ok, sorry I went too far. But at least you got the message and that's good 👍

If you have little questions the General Discussion thread would be better than making different threads for each one. Or just wait one week, write all your questions on paper and put them all in one thread e.g. "My Thoughts & Ideas for GT7". We like to keep things organized here so everything is easy to read and find, and it doesn't become the mess that is discord/facebook/youtube.

Enjoy your stay :)

No problem. Thank you for understanding :) All the best!

I'm not that into Drag Racing, first of all because I don't know how to tune a car lol

But if I wanted some drag racing, then Polyphony has my approval, since they need to make the best Gran Turismo to date, which I think it'll be... what a time to be alive!

We had actual test data for GT6 Route X. We could do acceleration runs and it saved the top times. That's the perfect track fo some top speed runs. There were plenty Lobbies running both ends of the track.

Glitch EK runs, hybrids, etc.

Bring that function back. It'd help players properly test their drag set ups.

I don't think it's necessary. I'd rather have a "Gr.D" for D1GP cars, as I feel like those have had a larger prominence in the series, like the BP Falken RX-7 that was picked by PD during the temporary period that they gave awards at the Tokyo Auto Salon.

Besides, I think the last time we had a drag racing mode was in GT4, and then the last time we even had drag-spec cars was in GT2, and even then, the actual drag racing mode was ultimately scrapped from that one.

Last edited:

Those cars were added because they were going to include a drag mode in GT2, but it was cut.

Many ways to play a Gran Turismo game, may not seem necessary to some, but players do play the game in certain ways. Drag racing, drifting and cruising are big in the GT comminuity. We can be certain PD have have this data.
IS it neccessary to have an Open World Mode? Some say no. Is it neccessary to have a drag racing mode? Some say no. Is it neccessary to impliment the current Drift Mode, especially when it's not being utilised in SPort Mode(afterall, it IS a sporting event - that's the main point of this Gran Turismo).

Drag Racing, definitely has its place in Gran Turismo history, among its players. I don't see the harm in a Drag Racing Mode/option. However, some do.

Many ways to play a Gran Turismo game, may not seem necessary to some, but players do play the game in certain ways. Drag racing, drifting and cruising are big in the GT comminuity. We can be certain PD have have this data.
IS it neccessary to have an Open World Mode? Some say no. Is it neccessary to have a drag racing mode? Some say no. Is it neccessary to impliment the current Drift Mode, especially when it's not being utilised in SPort Mode(afterall, it IS a sporting event - that's the main point of this Gran Turismo).

Drag Racing, definitely has its place in Gran Turismo history, among its players. I don't see the harm in a Drag Racing Mode/option. However, some do.

Personally I have no objection to them adding things I don't care for, I just greatly prefer they focus on getting the core parts of the game right first. I don't play it, but as I understand it Sport Mode is far from perfect as it stands. Offline is equally bad with terrible AI and catch the rabbit format and overall stale GT mode. Then you have the already present rally mode that needs serious attention, and many other aspects that need work.

Focus on bettering what you have before adding more stuff.

Drag racing is not an easy thing to do correctly, there is a lot of stuff to simulate that isn't with regular racing. Track surface with rubber, the tyre simulation, the aero. A lot going on. If they're going to do it, do it right first time when you can properly focus on it, not half assed like rally has been since GT2.

Last edited:
Personally I have no objection to them adding things I don't care for, I just greatly prefer they focus on getting the core parts of the game right first. I don't play it, but as I understand it Sport Mode is far from perfect as it stands. Offline is equally bad with terrible AI and catch the rabbit format and overall stale GT mode. Then you have the already present rally mode that needs serious attention, and many other aspects that need work.

Drag racing is not an easy thing to do correctly, there is a lot of stuff to simulate that isn't with regular racing. Track surface with rubber, the tyre simulation, the aero. A lot going on. If they're going to do it, do it right first time when you can properly focus on it, not half assed like rally has been since GT2.
I saw your post right after I posted mine. What's crazy is, my PS4 has reset itself. I had to initialize it and now GT Sport is downloading. I jumped into the game(no internet, obviously) whle its loading. The game is so simple. I guess it's the beta version. I don't know.

The Gr.4 Mustang I chose, as one of the many chooseable cars(why in the world PD changed that? plain silly), the handling is way different to the stuck like glue to the track surface we race on the current update.

So many changes since the game debuted, I feel it's actually simulated best at the start of GTS.

OMG, literal chills.
This video is exactly what GT2 was for me. If you won the HKS R33 and could win this race against the (bloody fast) HKS S13, then you could grind some serious bucks really quickly.
If the HKS S13 wasn't in the race line-up, then you could win it with a lot of other highly tuned cars as well, I remember doing it in a beige ~800HP Supra MK4.
Definitely the race I did the most and remember the most, thank you for posting!

OMG, literal chills.
This video is exactly what GT2 was for me. If you won the HKS R33 and could win this race against the (bloody fast) HKS S13, then you could grind some serious bucks really quickly.
If the HKS S13 wasn't in the race line-up, then you could win it with a lot of other highly tuned cars as well, I remember doing it in a beige ~800HP Supra MK4.
Definitely the race I did the most and remember the most, thank you for posting!

the GT2 HKS and Stratus drag cars were really sick, crazy fast

Those cars were added because they were going to include a drag mode in GT2, but it was cut.

Yep, also the Racing Mod Dodge Intrepid and the infamous "Plam Strip" (misspelling intentional) in the intro video. GT2 had so many easter eggs and half baked ideas like that. Also Mark Martin's NASCAR Taurus RM, and the McLaren F1 speedo on the game cover despite the car not even in the game! If GT2 is released today people would bring their pitchforks at all the half finished stuff, but in those simpler times you just take things as it is :lol:

Last edited:
Back