Would You Rather: Non-Automotive Edition

• Thread starter Zyla
  • 800 comments
United States
Wonderland
zyla-corps
N/A
Hey everyone, welcome to the Would You Rather: Non-Automotive Edition thread. As you may be aware of, there is already a Would You Rather in existence. This particular version of the thread is not based around choosing cars, but rather choosing everyday things.

For example: Would you rather spend a week in Hawaii, or win $1,000?

The concept is simple.

Please make sure to refrain from using harsh or offensive language, and have respect for other people's choices and opinions. The point of this thread is to have fun, so let's make it stay that way for everyone. Also note that the title of the thread is Would You Rather, which means that you must choose one and only one choice. A reason for your choice is appreciated as well. Proper grammar is also expected at all times. Thanks for participating, enjoy. :dopey:

Starting question: Would you rather vacation in Italy, or attend your favorite musical artist's concert?

Last edited:
Warning: The first sign of this turning into a spam fest by not giving reasons for your decision it's getting locked down.

You may proceed.

Favorite Music artist concert because I never been to one and it would be nice to go see Metallica in concert.

Would you rather: Win the lottery with a jackpot of 250 Million American Dollars or be granted 9 Wishes of your choice.

Nine wishes of my choice. Assuming we're figuring taxes (or whatever is on the lottery when you win it) the payout is going to be substantially less than the $250 million listed. (Basing this on observations of lottey winners over the past year and the net payout of the winners.)

What would I do with the wishes? I honestly have no idea, I'd use them for other people (and keep one for myself - would wish to always have the exact amount of money in my pocket to buy something, no more, no less.)

Would you rather: Successfully prosecute a criminal in court as the lead prosecutor, or defend a criminal in court as the head defense lawyer?

I would absolutely successfully prosecute a criminal in court as the lead prosecutor. With the word "criminal" in the question you know that he/she has committed a crime, and even though successfully defending someone (didn't say "successfully" in the question but I'll assume it was meant) who is absolutely guilty would be a feat, I couldn't morally bring myself to rather do that than successfully prosecute them. They committed a crime, after all, and I'm a fan of justice. Of course, I've never participated in any trial in any capacity apart from watching one on a TV show, so I have no prior experience to go off of.

Would you rather: live forever, with all the implications that you'd have to watch everyone else die (you cannot kill yourself or be killed), or die now and go to an afterlife that doesn't have another soul inside it and never will? Basically you must choose between being completely alone in limbo forever or living a long time with others but also having to deal with the emotional trauma when they die.

I know, I know, the eternal life "would you rather"s are some of the oldest around. I'm not the most creative person in the world. :P

FireEmblem10
always have the exact amount of money in my pocket to buy something, no more, no less.

I thought I was the only one to take that post in the Funny Pic Thread to heart. :P

Last edited:
Would you rather: Win the lottery with a jackpot of 250 Million American Dollars or be granted 9 Wishes of your choice.

I could do a lot with $250 Million but I could do a lot more with 9 wishes.

Would you rather: Successfully prosecute a criminal in court as the lead prosecutor, or defend a criminal in court as the head defense lawyer?

This is a tough one...I just recently served on jury for a criminal case and I think I'd rather be a prosecutor as long as I have substantial evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

Would you rather: live forever, with all the implications that you'd have to watch everyone else die (you cannot kill yourself or be killed), or die now and go to an afterlife that doesn't have another soul inside it and never will? Basically you must choose between being completely alone in limbo forever or living a long time with others but also having to deal with the emotional trauma when they die.

In this case, I guess I'd rather live forever.

Would You Rather: Live in a 500sqft apartment in the middle of Times Square (New York) or a mansion in hills of Los Angeles.

Why would I want to be in New York, or the city for that matter?

Giant house with lots of land please.

Thank you for finally making the thread, Zyla! :D

Would You Rather:

Be 4'1"

Or

Be 7'6"?

Vacation in Italy vs. Attend your favorite music artist's concert - The concert. It's way cheaper and I don't have to cope with a new language.

Win the lottery with a jackpot of $250,000,000 vs. Be granted 9 wishes of your choice - With the 9 wishes I can do whatever I want, so....yeah.

Successfully prosecute a criminal in court as the lead prosecutor vs. Defend a criminal in court as the head defense lawyer - The key word: criminal. It's basically either do good or do bad. Prosecution.

Live forever vs. Die now and go into an afterlife without others forever - That's way too deep and hard. I'll live forever.

Live in an apartment in Times Square vs. Live in a mansion in Los Angeles - NYC please. I never want to live anywhere other than NY, ever.

Be 4'1" vs. Be 7'6" - 7'6", much more possibilities.

Italian Vacation VS Concert

Italian scenery doesn't particularly interest me, and I hear it's pretty humid this time of year as well. Lots of mosquitos too. There are other places in Europe I'd rather visit first. I'll go with a George Michael concert.

250 Million Dollars VS 9 Wishes

The money's nice, but the things you can do with it are only things you can actually buy. You can wish for things that can't be bought, and you can wish for more money as well.

Prosecuting a Criminal VS Defending a Criminal

Putting that hammer down and laying out the list of convicted offenses after a lengthy trial must feel nice. Certainly better than defending someone you know did it.

Immortality VS Purgatory

Living alone in some sort of limbo forever just sounds torturous. I guess I'd take immortality because the boredom and loneliness of limbo would just be awful.

Times Square Apartment VS Los Angeles Mansion

Easy, the mansion in Los Angeles. New York City's nice, but having a car there is more of a burden than anything, and I just wouldn't want to not be able to drive on a regular basis. I also prefer too-big, spread out houses than small apartments in nice areas. It's not like Los Angeles is a bad place, aside from the ghettos and whatnot. Assuming the mansion's in a nice neighborhood, I wouldn't mind it at all.

4'1 VS 7'6

I can tell you from personal experience that being short sucked. I'd much rather be too tall for my own good.

Being 4'1" vs. Being 7'6"
Being 7'6" would be awesome, but if I were that tall I hope I'd be a successful professional athlete.

Poland Spring
Poland%20Sping.jpg

or

Dasani
3981650440_81d23fe88c_o.jpg

or

Aquafina
3386619653_7eb4e9c690_o.jpg

or

Nirvana
home2_slide_5.jpg

Something about that Aquafina water makes it taste really good, so I'll go with that.

Cat or Dog: bit difficult for me, had both animals all my life, but I'd say a dog as they are more of a companion and you can take them with you to the park/pub/friends house etc.

Something about that Aquafina water makes it taste really good, so I'll go with that.
I would go with the aquafina, because it seems to taste the best

LOLWUT. I've not once met a person that liked Aquafina. Me and my mom have even nicknamed it Aquacrap. Oh well, maybe you guys are just weird. :sly: Kidding about the weird part, of course.

Cat vs. Dog: Easily 100% dog. I have 6 dogs (+1 foster dog ATM) and 3 cats. I get along with our dogs so much better than the cats. Even when someone brings a dog over for us to "dogsit," it will end up sleeping with me for some reason. I've always liked dogs. I like cats, too, but dogs are just so much more fun to have.

Run or Fly: I'll just run. No real point to fly at 10MPH.

Would you Rather: Become a Cop or Become a Firefighter or Become a Paramedic.

It is, isn't it?

Are you being sarcastic?

Cop vs. Firefighter vs. Paramedic

I'll choose cop. I don't really know why... I guess because I'd make a terrible paramedic and I get stupid around fires (Hey yall watch this)

Would this be a better WYR than my previous one?

Would you rather:

Be able to run at 60mph

or

Be able to fly at 20mph?

I'd rather live without legs. It seems like it would be much easier to live without legs than without arms.

Back