Would You Rather: Non-Automotive Edition

• Thread starter Zyla
  • 800 comments
Without legs. Much more gained in having arms In nearly all cases where having no legs would make it impossible, having no arms would have a noticeable affect too!

Would you rather:

Not be able to speak / hear

or

Not be able to write / type / draw / sketch?

Speaking and hearing are much more convenient than being able to draw and write, so I'd rather not be able to draw, write, etc.

Would you rather:

Be able to run at 100mph

or

Be able to fly at 10mph?

It would depend on how long either one could be sustained. Indefinitely? Fly. For 1 second? Run.

Overall? Fly.

Think for a moment. You can use either one to get out of danger right? But nobody can follow you if you fly. 10 mph is about 1 story per second, so you can be on top of most buildings in only a handful of seconds.

Let's say you wanted to use this ability to commute to work. You can either run through the streets at much less than 100 mph (because it's unsafe to travel that fast on the streets) dodging cars and bicycles and people. Or you can peacefully fly straight to your office without concerning yourself with getting runover by anything.

Want a job with your flying abilities? How about spy - the ability to fly overhead silently and see what's going on below is very valuable. Too much danger? How about wildlife photographer? You can get footage of various animals in their natural habitat without disturbing them. Or how about actor/stunt man in a ridiculous number of movies.

"Ok, so now we need a shot of iron man flying between those buildings, shooting bad guys, and landing here."

"No problem."

How about test pilot?

Driving a motorcycle wouldn't be nearly as dangerous. Get yourself into a pickle? Just levitate. In fact, I think I'd never drive a car with a roof again if I had that ability.

So... motorcycle racer then.

Bank robber? "Put the money in the sack!"

"But the place is surrounded."

"No problem."

You'd have no fear of drowning since you can just fly up out of the water. I'm willing to bet there are tons of options I can't even think of yet.

Live without arms

or

Without legs?

Arms are waaaay more important than legs. I can do my job without legs - most people can't without arms. You can make food, bathe yourself, wipe your backside, drive, all sorts of things without legs - not without arms.

Its pretty funny, most people I asked said the wouldn't want to live without legs, not arms. But I agree with you, I choose arms too.

Would you rather:

or

Easy, speaking and hearing is far more important than the ability to draw or write in my daily life. And about writing - thank god for keyboards.

Would you rather get:

Waterboarded for 24 hours or

Tortured with sleep deprivation for 7 days?

Poland Spring

or

Dasani

or

Aquafina

or

Nirvana

To be honest with you I'd probably go with which ever once is least expensive. But for the purpose of this thread, I'd rather have Dasani.

Would you rather own a cat or a dog?

I'd rather own a Dog because they truly are man's best friend.

Would you rather:

Be able to run at 100mph

or

Be able to fly at 10mph?

I'd rather be able to run at 100

Would you Rather: Become a Cop or Become a Firefighter or Become a Paramedic.

If I were single I'd rather be a Firefighter. But now that I have a family I'd rather be a Paramedic.

Would you rather:

Be able to run at 60mph

or

Be able to fly at 20mph?

Running 60mph isn't as exciting considering that you can legally travel that fast in a car. With that being said, I'd rather be able to fly at 20mph.

Would you rather:

Live without arms

or

Without legs?

I'd rather live without legs because it wouldn't take long to adapt.

Would you rather:

or

With current advances in technology, I'd rather not be able to write/type/draw/sketch.

Would you rather get:

I think I'd rather be waterboarded for 24 hours since it wouldn't last 7 days.

Would You Rather:
  • Find a cure for Aids/HIV
  • End world hunger

I'd rather find a cure for HIV/AIDs simply because it's a disease that is destroying the world in the same way that cancer is, and there isn't much known about it. The fact that it's also an STD is scary in it's own mind because sex was put on this planet for enjoyment in reproducing, and having to worry about catching HIV that way or any STD for that matter makes the experience non enjoyable with a new partner that hasn't been tested. Testing doesn't always pick those thigns up either. Other ways you can get it through blood etc is also another reason why it needs to be cured.

Over world hunger, well no matter what you do someone is always going to be hungry. That's just how life works, an you can provide food to those who need it but what happens when the supply runs out? No one deserves to starve but there is only so much you can do and solving the HIV epidemic would be much more beneficial, at least in my eyes.

Would you rather:

Live in the country/countryside

or

Live in the city?

I'll do a second two as this has always bothered me:

Artificial or real flavor? Which do you prefer?

Last edited:
Slashfan, I couldn't agree more with you. Even if it were possible to guarantee that no one on this planet will ever starve again, I strongly believe that finding a cure for AIDS/HIV would have a significantly larger impact on the world.

Would you rather:

or

Live in the city?

I like the city, but I prefer the peace and quietness of the country side.

I prefer the real deal rather than a synthesized copy of the real thing.

I'm aware of what waterboarding is, but if I'm going to be tortured I'd rather get it over with quick rather than the process being prolonged.

But you wouldn't be able to handle even a minute of it, let alone 24 hours.

The sleep deprivation would only really hit about halfway in, and even then it wouldn't be nearly as bad as waterboarding.

I'm aware of what waterboarding is, but if I'm going to be tortured I'd rather get it over with quick rather than the process being prolonged.

Waterboarding is if you tie someone up and put her/him on flat bench, completely cover the persons face with a shirt and slowly pour water over said towel/shirt for 30 seconds or so.
When the person can't hold its breath any longer he/she tries to breathe through the wet towel and inhales lots of cold water along with barely enough air to stay conscious.
Very short breaks ensure that the person does not drown/lose consciousness or die from lack of oxygen.

It gives the tortured a sensation of drowning. I've been water boarded and I tell you its not just very exhausting for the lungs to breathe through wet cloth it makes you totally panic once you get some water into your lungs. Thats no joke.

Would you rather:

Drink 6 liters of milk or

2 liters of edible cooking oil?

It would depend on how long either one could be sustained. Indefinitely? Fly. For 1 second? Run.

Overall? Fly.

Think for a moment. You can use either one to get out of danger right? But nobody can follow you if you fly. 10 mph is about 1 story per second, so you can be on top of most buildings in only a handful of seconds.

Let's say you wanted to use this ability to commute to work. You can either run through the streets at much less than 100 mph (because it's unsafe to travel that fast on the streets) dodging cars and bicycles and people. Or you can peacefully fly straight to your office without concerning yourself with getting runover by anything.

Want a job with your flying abilities? How about spy - the ability to fly overhead silently and see what's going on below is very valuable. Too much danger? How about wildlife photographer? You can get footage of various animals in their natural habitat without disturbing them. Or how about actor/stunt man in a ridiculous number of movies.

"Ok, so now we need a shot of iron man flying between those buildings, shooting bad guys, and landing here."

"No problem."

How about test pilot?

Driving a motorcycle wouldn't be nearly as dangerous. Get yourself into a pickle? Just levitate. In fact, I think I'd never drive a car with a roof again if I had that ability.

So... motorcycle racer then.

Bank robber? "Put the money in the sack!"

"But the place is surrounded."

"No problem."

You'd have no fear of drowning since you can just fly up out of the water. I'm willing to bet there are tons of options I can't even think of yet.

I should point out that if this is superman style flight rather than aerodynamic flight (ie: you don't need airflow to fly, you can just levitate), then you'd be instantly rich. One space suit and you're good to carry things into orbit. You'd be the most cost-effective, efficient launch vehicle in human history. Even if you were limited to carrying only a few dozen pounds into orbit.

Would you rather...

Be without clothes in the arctic circle, or wear heavy clothing while deep into the earth?

In response to the first question;

Starting question: Would you rather vacation in Italy, or attend your favorite musical artist's concert?

I'd rather go to Italy. I have a huge interest in European culture and would love to go to there, plus considering it's vacation it would last longer than a concert. :D

Would you rather...

Be without clothes in the arctic circle, or wear heavy clothing while deep into the earth?

One is death, the other is really uncomfortable.
At least you could try and escape the heat and go higher.

Would you rather have the skills of an F1 driver, or a MotoGP rider?

Would you rather:

I think I'd rather drink 6 liters (1.58503 gallons). I watched an old roommate of mine attempt this a few years ago. He did finish a gallon of milk but he also threw up a lot at the same time.

Would you rather...

As much as I prefer colder climate, I'd rather wear heavy clothing while deep into the earth.

As an automotive enthusiast this definitely a tough question. Both operators are very skillful in their own respect, but I think I'd rather have the skills of a MotoGP rider.

Would You Rather:
  • Have the wealth of the world's richest man
  • Possess the knowledge and wisdom of Nikola Tesla

I think I'd rather drink 6 liters (1.58503 gallons). I watched an old roommate of mine attempt this a few years ago. He did finish a gallon of milk but he also threw up a lot at the same time.

As much as I prefer colder climate, I'd rather wear heavy clothing while deep into the earth.

As an automotive enthusiast this definitely a tough question. Both operators are very skillful in their own respect, but I think I'd rather have the skills of a MotoGP rider.

Would You Rather:

Knowledge and Wisdom because knowledge = power and who doesn't like that.

Would you rather: Spend a day playing Gran Turismo or Spend a day watching Pinks All Out.

Would you rather: Spend a day playing Gran Turismo or Spend a day watching Pinks All Out.

I've played days playing GT 1-5 (never played nor owned Prologue) but I think I'd rather watch Pinks All Out. However, if it were the regular episodes of Pinks then I'd rather play GT all day because I can't stand all the arguing about what's considered a fair race.

Knowledge and Wisdom because knowledge = power and who doesn't like that.

GT all day!

Would you rather jump out of an airplane and have to catch up to your parachute because it was thrown out first or try and climb a mountain without and harness or ropes to stop you from falling?

Depends all about the height really.

Would you have doms charger that can actually wheelie or the dukes charger. For show and weekend fun not to drive all the time.

Last edited:
Would you rather own a cat or a dog?

Dog.

Whenever the cat vs. dog argument comes up I'm always reminded of something I read, possibly on here, to describe humans and their [GENERAL] (of course there are exceptions, as with everything) relationships between their cats and dogs. To paraphrase, as best as I can remember:

If you and your dog were stuck in a building with no escape and eventually ran out of food, the dog would starve to death by your side.

If you and your cat were stuck in a building with no escape and eventually ran out of food, the cat would attempt to eat you.

From my experience there's truth in that, and for that reason I will always choose the dog. No matter how much easier cats are to live with (which is significantly), they are not the loyal until death companions that dogs are.

LOLWUT. I've not once met a person that liked Aquafina. Me and my mom have even nicknamed it Aquacrap. Oh well, maybe you guys are just weird. :sly: Kidding about the weird part, of course.

I like Aquafina.

Be able to run at 100mph

or

Be able to fly at 10mph?

Fly, easily. See Danoff's post.

Would you Rather: Become a Cop or Become a Firefighter or Become a Paramedic.

I'd say cop. I don't feel confident having other people's lives dependent on my performance, and I'd imagine in day-to-day work cops have to save people less than firefighters or parademics.

Live without arms

or

Without legs?

Legs, easily. I can get prosthetics, and/or a wheelchair. Legs move you around, your arms do everything else.

or

Write/type/draw/sketch, for a number of reasons.

Firstly, music is one of the driving forces in my life. To not be able to hear it would be awful. Secondly, even in the age of the Internet, the spoken word is important.

Third, yes the written (typed) word is important too, but nowadays I could get a computer with inputs so that I can type with my thoughts, or even just voice activation.

I'm going to go with the sleep deprivation. Probably a much higher chance of not dying.

• Find a cure for Aids/HIV
  • End world hunger

Find a cure for AIDS/HIV. I can't really articulate my thoughts on why into words.

or

Live in the city?

I'll live in the city. The country is beautiful but the city is more convenient. Optimally I'd like to live in a beautiful suburb for the best of both worlds, but that's not an option.

Is it too much to predict that everyone in the world likes the real thing more than an artificial reproduction of it? For anything?

Gallon Challenge and a half, eh? You also didn't specify how much time you're given to drink those 6 liters, so I'd take the milk easily.

F1 driver, since I like four wheels, not two.

Knowledge, because you could gain the wealth with the knowledge and then you'd have both.

Have done the former, have nearly done the latter. I'll take GT. You'd actually be doing something.

Would you rather jump out of an airplane and have to catch up to your parachute because it was thrown out first or try and climb a mountain without and harness or ropes to stop you from falling?

Jump. Unless it's from an altitude where it was high enough that if I landed without a parachute I would die or be seriously injured, but it wasn't high enough that I had time to catch up to my parachute, put it on, and pull it. Or if the mountain is an Appalachian.

Would you have doms charger that can actually wheelie or the dukes charger.

I'll take Dom's. Faster and I'd imagine a matte black Charger with the engine poking out of the hood would attract less attention than the General Lee.

-----

Would you rather:

(Assume a standard specification desert island: no other human inhabitants, uncharted, no chance of escape by yourself, but enough nutrients in the wild to survive, etc.)

Be stuck on a desert island for 3 days by yourself and then get rescued, or be stuck on a desert island for 3 months with a celebrity of the gender you are attracted to of your choice and then get rescued?

Last edited:
Would you rather:

(Assume a standard specification desert island: no other human inhabitants, uncharted, no chance of escape by yourself, but enough nutrients in the wild to survive, etc.)

Be stuck on a desert island for 3 days by yourself and then get rescued, be stuck on a desert island for 3 months with a celebrity of the gender you are attracted to of your choice and then get rescued?

3 days by myself, because I would get to leave quicker, and because with my luck, the celebrity would go mentally insane without their normal luxuries and attempt to kill me :lol:

Become a cop vs. Become a firefighter vs. Become a paramedic - Cop I'd be scared, firefighter I'd be scared, paramedic I'd be horrified, scared, and want to throw up. I'll fight fires, though.

Be able to run at 60mph vs. Be able to fly at 20mph - Fly this time.

Not be able to speak or hear vs. Not be able to write, type, draw, or sketch - Write, because I'd still be able to talk and hear, and sometimes that's only what matters.

Waterboarded for 24 hrs vs. Tortured with sleep deprivation for 7 days - I like staying up...lol.

Find a cure for AIDS/HIV vs. End World Hunger - I don't know. World hunger because my dad comes from Africa.

Live in the country vs. Live in the city - I live in the countryside and it's annoying as heck. City, please.

Artificial vs. real - Real, I hate artificial flavoring..

Drink 6 liters of milk vs. 2 liters of edible cooking oil - Milk, easy.

Have the skills of an F1 driver vs. MotoGP driver - Bikes are boring, F1.

Wealth vs. knowledge - With knowledge you (can) get both.

Spend a day playing GT vs. Spend a day watching Pinks All Out - GT, I'm more...associated with it.

Jump out of an airplane....blah vs. Climb mt......blah - Airplane. No idea why.

Dom's vs. Duke's - Dom's.

3 days vs. 3 months with celeb - The days. I don't care about celebrities in this situation...

3 Days or 3 Months with Celebrity- I'll take the 3 Days. All the Celeb's I like are either dead or now a bunch of morons.

Would you Rather: Go to Jail for 3 Years or Be in a Coma for 3 Years.

Back