Would you rather?

• Thread starter motortrend
  • 22,046 comments
It was a 325i, not an M3. Also, it was a GLI, not just a run-of-the-mill Jetta. Those two cars are similar in size, performance, and value now. Stop fabricating my comparison in an attempt to prove a point.
"I seem to recall" implies acknowledgement that what follows may not be accurate; my disinterest in the subject matter led to my not paying a great deal of attention to it. Still, six cylinders driving the rear wheels of a two-door isn't all that comparable to four cylinders driving the front wheels of a four-door. Not sure "comparable" is a requirement here.

"I seem to recall" implies acknowledgement that what follows may not be accurate; my disinterest in the subject matter led to my not paying a great deal of attention to it. Still, six cylinders driving the rear wheels of a two-door isn't all that comparable to four cylinders driving the front wheels of a four-door. Not sure "comparable" is a requirement here.
The 325i could be bought in sedan form, so it was a mistake on my end for including an image of the coupe rather than the 4-door. But still, why try to prove a point if you don't even know if your evidence is correct? It just makes you look sillier.

The only requirement for comparisons is for the cars being compared to be similarly priced (as stated in the OP). Though you aren't wrong in saying that the GLI and 325i use differing layouts and are powered by different types of engines, I still believe that the duo are similar enough to each other. They are in the same exact category (compact, sportier sedans of the late 80s), and are similarly priced, similar in size, and have similar performance figures for the most part.

Yeah okay, apparently I didn't conform to the all-so-important spirit of the thread. Sure others have strayed, but it's only an issue now and I retract my selections. And since I don't give a rat's furry ass crack about how cars are priced compared to others, old or new--apart from when I'm buying, of course--there's nothing in this thread for me. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Yeah okay, apparently I didn't conform to the all-so-important spirit of the thread. Sure others have strayed, but it's only an issue now and I retract my selections. And since I don't give a rat's furry ass crack about how cars are priced compared to others, old or new--apart from when I'm buying, of course--there's nothing in this thread for me. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Not sure what the objective of that rant was, but anyways, carrying on.

GMC Sierra Denali Quadrasteer

or

Lincoln Blackwood

Audi S5 Convertible

or

Mercedes-Benz SLC 43 AMG

AMG
Lancer
Typhoon
S5 Cabriolet

'68 Ford Mustang Boss 302

137876_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Or

'68 Mercury Cougar XR-7 GT

mufp_0606_01_z+1968_mercury_cougar_XR_7+side.jpg
Cougar
Alfa Romeo 147 GTA

or

Audi S3

Not sure what the objective of that rant was, but anyways, carrying on.

GMC Sierra Denali Quadrasteer

or

Lincoln Blackwood

Sierra.

Ford Mustang SVO vs Buick Regal T-Type - Mustang
Audi R8 (V8 vs V10) - I guess the V10, I prefer how the V10 sounds.
Mitsubishi Lancer vs Toyota Corolla - Corolla
1990s Peformance SUVs - Mercedes-Benz ML55 AMG
German Convertibles - Audi S5
Ford Mustang Boss 429 vs Mercury Cougar XR-7 GT - Mustang
Alfa Romeo 147 GTA vs Audi S3 - 147 GTA for its pure madness
Luxury Pickups - GMC Sierra
Lincoln MKS vs Ford Taurus - The same car, but one has more stuff than the other. I guess the Lincoln.
1949 Fords Pickups - The Restoration, I prefer driving something more close to factory. I also dislike ratrods.
----------

1994 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI
1994_Subaru_ImprezaWRXSTi1.jpg

or

1994 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II GSR
Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-II-road.jpg

Back