Votes: 26 16.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters
United States
West Virginia
HBR-Roadhog
HBR Roadhog
After having played Forza 2,3,4 I really like the leader board system. I like to see where I place on each track in a given class compared to my friends and the rest of the world and it always feels special to get to the top of the board either on the friends list or especially that elusive #1 spot.

I think GT really needs to have this. I know several people who stoped playing GT5 and went back to Forza much sooner simply because this was not a feature of the game. It seems silly to have to write down your times and post them to a forum to compare with other people when we are all [most anyway] connected to the internet while we are playing.

How do the rest of you feel about this?

Yes, there should be such leaderboards. They were in GT5 Prologue and I was so disappointed to discover their absence in GT5.

Yes, but it has to cover every combination of PP, class, and individual car. Then people may want to filter out race cars or the overpowered car typically dominates.

Yes, but it has to cover every combination of PP, class, and individual car. Then people may want to filter out race cars or the overpowered car typically dominates.

Why does it have to? Even something as simple as half a dozen PP classes per track would be most welcome.

At this point almost anything would be a step in the right direction from my point of view. Ideally if the PP system stays the same or near the same then there should be a separate board for different types of tires since they do not effect the PP and of course for each track and then those should be broken down by range of PP.

I have not did a lot of experimenting with the PP in GT5 as it did not appear before most of my racing buddies quit playing so I am not sure how wide the range should be maybe 50? Maybe 100? Maybe 25 not sure but one of those should come pretty close to giving a lot of options for cars to post good times and give us several different cars at the top in each of the ranges.

Having lived through a few leader board wipes in Forza, its not very pretty.

Reason I bring this up is because every time PD alter the physics the boards would
(should) get wiped.

I don't think it will happen. If PD are happy to stick with launch physics then I'm happy to attack the boards.

Absolutely. I played Shift 2: Unleashed which has their Autolog system - when you're waiting for a race to load, it shows you your friends' best times in that race on a leaderboard. Even after winning a race, I'd go back and do it several more times until my name was at the top. It added TREMENDOUSLY to the replay value. Not only working on the best time, but maybe my friend used an extremely powerful car and I'd try to beat that with something much less powerful, just to rub it in lol. Me and another guy had a month long battle on the Nurburgring, knocking a fraction of a second off each other's times each evening.

The lack of leaderboards in GT5 made the game, at some point, terribly boring for me. I would like full leaderboards, per track, per "driver-class", separating gamepads/wheels... I would like to know how my PS3 contacts are doing, how do I compare to similar drivers around the world (hence the driver "class" thing, I don't want to compare myself to the day1 noobs nor to the world aces).

Leaderboards allow for competition, for replayability. For people to go back and say "damn, SomeUser has beaten me by 0.23 secons, I have to beat his/her ass". I NEED this feature, more than other stupid things like damage. I still struggle to believe how is it possible that Polyphony Digital is incredibly good at making beautiful things boring...

I understand that making leaderboards for absolutely every combination of options is impossible, but we should be given a few ones at least...

Of course. A filtering system would have to be used for relevance. Driving aids, tuned or stockvehicle, performance points or power to weight, vehicle type etc...

I'd hate to see a simple approach just based on lap times only. Then it would turn into the way the GT5 TT leaderboards are with one ringer car filling the charts.

This.

And filter out wheel/pad use, even if H-shifter and clutch was used on a wheel!

The fun of it is competing against the people on your friends' list, 10 or 20 of them probably. As soon as you start breaking it down into sub-sub-sub-categories you end up being the only person on the leaderboard and that defeats the whole purpose.

A leaderboard would only work if they do it in Arcade mode.
That way everybody has the same car.

And Yes I would love that 👍

It's about doing the Sunday Cup in beginner mode and winning it. Okay I'm done and will never do that race again. Oh wait, I see that out of the 15 guys on my friends' list who have also done this race, I'm now in 7th place. And the 1st place guy is only 4 seconds ahead of me - I think I'll do this race a few more times and see if I can't beat him. I did - cool! This was fun. Now I'll check back tomorrow and see if I'm still in first place or not.

On all the races in the game.

Having lived through a few leader board wipes in Forza, its not very pretty.

Reason I bring this up is because every time PD alter the physics the boards would
(should) get wiped.

I don't think it will happen. If PD are happy to stick with launch physics then I'm happy to attack the boards.

Leaderboard wipes would be annoying but I could live with that. You could have PP limited leaderboards but something like stock cars on stock tires would work for me even better.

A leaderboard would only work if they do it in Arcade mode.
That way everybody has the same car.

And Yes I would love that 👍

Or, simply automatically upload their exact car settings to the leaderboard for people to download along with the replay 💡

Or, maybe have two leaderboards, one for arcade and one for sim (tuning enabled) and be able to download the car tune.

Either one would work for me.

Jerome

I tend to get bored of games quite quickly if they don't have leaderboards so I'd be thrilled if they added full leaderboards to GT6. Before the seasonal events came to GT5 I was starting to lose interest as there were other games I wanted to play but when you're fighting to stay at the top of your friends list or beat a certain rank it keeps you busy.

It does add a lot. I have some friends on Forza that will sometimes spend 1/2 the day or more just trying to beat one of my lap times. Some of us have gotten a lot better on a lot of tracks just trying to stay on top our friends list and in a few cases especially on Forza 3 being at the top of the friends list also meant being in the top 10 overall and in some cases required #1 overall. That is always a sweet feeling when you manage to grab that #1 spot even if it only lasts for a few minutes. I've even had it a couple of times to where it only lasted 1 lap but I did have it for a few seconds :)

I absolutely love FM's leaderboards and would love to see them in GT6. After every single race, I check to see where I place globally as well as against my "Friends & Club" group.

Or, simply automatically upload their exact car settings to the leaderboard for people to download along with the replay 💡

Or, maybe have two leaderboards, one for arcade and one for sim (tuning enabled) and be able to download the car tune.

Either one would work for me.

Jerome

I'd actually hope against something like that, if only because it'd take any mystery out of tuning. I shouldn't be able to just view a top tuner's replay to swipe their tune :).

That said, I agree with everybody else; we need leaderboards. Prologue did it fine, and FM4's still keep me plugging away in comparison to friends. So long as the leaderboard shows which aids were on for the record (and ideally, thanks to it's modifying of the physics, puts SRF times on a separate board), and the date set, I'd have no qualms with it giving no more info about the car than the PP rating. I like having to guess what combination of tuning put the car there!

Absolutely.

Sorry I'd love to add to the discussion with something more meaningful but honestly I can't see the discussion value here - absolutely it should be implemented!

I can't see how anyone can argue that it shouldn't be :lol:

I would certainly love to see leaderboards.

Despite loving GT5 physics and graphics I stopped playing after a few months and returned to Forza. What really disappointed me though is how GT5P had far more leaderboards than GT5.

After the very disappointing Xbox one presentation last night, I really hope PD have learn't that the year is 2013 and not the 1990s and we have leaderboards so we don't have to write our laptimes down on a piece of paper like we did back in the 1990s.

I wouldn't mind if there was an option to allow your setup to be downloaded but I would want to be able to disable that as well. The way it was in Forza 2 worked pretty well.

Leaderboards in GT5P only worked, because there were no tuning parts. You had one LB per car per track. Times are just not comparable when you've got dozens of parts that can be added to a car. So, the only way they can work in my opinion, is with tuning prohibited. Then you still have to have one LB for each tyre compound.

Leaderboards with a certain maximum PP-figure will just produce the same as the Seasonal Time Trials. After a couple of days, everyone has figured out which car is fastest, and the first 50,000 entries are with that same car. It's not pretty.

I'd love to see wheel users and pad users kept separate. Doubt it would happen but it would be nice.

Back