Votes: 124 78.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 26 16.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters
Leaderboards in GT5P only worked, because there were no tuning parts. You had one LB per car per track. Times are just not comparable when you've got dozens of parts that can be added to a car. So, the only way they can work in my opinion, is with tuning prohibited. Then you still have to have one LB for each tyre compound.

Leaderboards with a certain maximum PP-figure will just produce the same as the Seasonal Time Trials. After a couple of days, everyone has figured out which car is fastest, and the first 50,000 entries are with that same car. It's not pretty.

You're operating under the assumption that leaderboards need to be restricted in some way and that is not the case. You could have an overall tuning prohibited leaderboard for each car on each track, along with fully tuned and PP limited leaderboards for every car on every track. For simplicity I'd stick to the compounds the car comes with but you could have multiple compound leaderboards as well. You could separate wheel vs. pad users, aids on or off...the possibilities are endless.

There are lots of possibilities for sure but we really need to be able to tune cars and post times to the boards.

Yes people will always go look at the boards to see which car is at the top and a lot of people will drive that car but not everyone and just because a car is on the top does not mean that is the car you should drive.

In Forza there have been a few times where there was a car that was dominating the leaderboard but I did not want to drive that car so I looked for something I liked better and in a few cases the car I ended up driving beat the ones on the board and after a while replaced the dominate car on the boards.

If the PP are done well then there should be several different cars that have the potential to post a very close time on most tracks when tuned properly and in the hands of a good driver. Even if one car does dominate that is still better than not having the boards but it is unlikely it GT that a single car will dominate that much.

In the time trails it is more likely because they are short term leader boards. There really is not much time to search for the best car of find a way to beat the top car so many people would just drive the one at the top.

There are lots of possibilities for sure but we really need to be able to tune cars and post times to the boards.

Yes people will always go look at the boards to see which car is at the top and a lot of people will drive that car but not everyone and just because a car is on the top does not mean that is the car you should drive.

In Forza there have been a few times where there was a car that was dominating the leaderboard but I did not want to drive that car so I looked for something I liked better and in a few cases the car I ended up driving beat the ones on the board and after a while replaced the dominate car on the boards.

If the PP are done well then there should be several different cars that have the potential to post a very close time on most tracks when tuned properly and in the hands of a good driver. Even if one car does dominate that is still better than not having the boards but it is unlikely it GT that a single car will dominate that much.

In the time trails it is more likely because they are short term leader boards. There really is not much time to search for the best car of find a way to beat the top car so many people would just drive the one at the top.

Unless PD fixes the alien cars that slip through the cracks of the PP system like the 2J, R390, GSXR etc., the overall leaderboards will be dominated by a handful of cars.

Having a separate leaderboard for each car is the solution to that problem and will provide GT6'ers with thousands of challenges unknown in GT5. 1200 cars on 50 tracks is 60,000 different leaderboards and that's in stock version only. If you spent an hour on each car/track combination you'd have 30 working years of challenges ahead of you!!

YES

If we consider all the track variations and cars (and tuning...) maybe a full leaderboard is not that easy to maintain...
I may be ok with a reasonable compromise:
300 cars / 50 tracks / no tuning , leaderboard filter by friends

The most important thing in my opinion is that they assure a fair challenge, using cones or whatever.

As other have said, I would really like for there to be "full" leaderboards. My ideal leaderboards would an arcade like setting where cars have no adjustable options. I feel this way mostly because I just like driving and the rush of chasing the perfect lap is really what keeps me playing.

Many of the current time trials do not appeal to me very much because there is so much variablity in what you can choose.

Forza 2 had an excellent time trial mode where a car was pre selected for a track and I believe they were cars without any parts added. Some specific trials had tuning options in the sense that you could adjust settings. A section like this could be a happy balance potentially.

GT5P type boards would be ok but I would really like to see tuned cars as well. I get a lot of enjoyment out of trying to tune a car to go just a bit faster than everyone else. Would be nice to have a board that showcases this as well.
Forza 2 had an excellent time trial mode where a car was pre selected for a track and I believe they were cars without any parts added. Some specific trials had tuning options in the sense that you could adjust settings. A section like this could be a happy balance potentially.
Forza 2 was close to ideal. It had time trail leaderboards, tuned car leaderboards, career leaderboards, local leaderboards and a very good online system. Still the best online console racer out there. both 3 and 4 fail to measure up.

Unless PD fixes the alien cars that slip through the cracks of the PP system like the 2J, R390, GSXR etc., the overall leaderboards will be dominated by a handful of cars.

Having a separate leaderboard for each car is the solution to that problem and will provide GT6'ers with thousands of challenges unknown in GT5. 1200 cars on 50 tracks is 60,000 different leaderboards and that's in stock version only. If you spent an hour on each car/track combination you'd have 30 working years of challenges ahead of you!!

I voted yes after reading that ^

👍

Yes, and please provide filters/ranking to separate controllers from wheels, and filters/ranking that can provide separate 0 Aids/0 ABS lap times.

This is true of every PP type system. There's always a car that's faster, even if only because it's more suited to a particular track than another.

There's no fix, it's just the way the world works.

We might need some car of online auction house so leaderbord tunes can be shared . So that people cant just download your tunes without your permission or without paying lol. I'm down for leader boards ots the only reason why I play moat shooting games and it was a good way to check how fast u are against the world

This is true of every PP type system. There's always a car that's faster, even if only because it's more suited to a particular track than another.

There's no fix, it's just the way the world works.

There is a fix..don't limit leaderboards to just PP limited cars. Establish leaderboards for each car in the game at each track in addition to the PP limited leaderboards. If that is too unwieldly then limit it to premium cars and a few iconic standards on at least the top tracks in the game but at least offer it up with a variety of cars on a variety of tracks with tuning prohibited. I'm a big fan of tuning and it's mostly what I do with the game, but I do believe the leaderboards have to have a large "untuned" component where everyone is dead equal regardless of their tuning skills.

I think a lot of people would like to see a 1/4 mile and a top speed leaderboard incorporated in gt6

This too, along with proper facilities for measuring both with a 1/4 drag track and a speed trap of some kind. What would be extremely cool would be a "salt flats" recreated for the game requiring runs in opposite directions and random wind variations. That would be extremely epic.

I'm not sure how much a top speed board would add but if people want one why not the more the merrier. ;)

I personally don't care about overall leader boards. But I do want the sector times spread sheet at the end of the race,and your personal best lap on that track like we had in GT2.

I enjoy having leaderboards in Forza. Once I get the race lead, I push for faster lap times, experimenting with where I can push a bit farther to shave off a tenth here or two tenths there. At the end I like to see where my lap landed me on the leaderboard, and I like to compare my time to those of my friends. I'm faster than most of my friends but Terry tends to beat me, so it feels good to see me put in a time ahead of his.

There should be one leaderboard per car and per track, with the possibility to filter within wheel/gamepad players and untuned/tuned cars. This should be a minimum.

It would be great if these leaderboards included lap times + interval times as well, these references are great, vital in places like Nürburgring Nordschleife. Some extra info could be tyres used...

There should be one leaderboard per car and per track, with the possibility to filter within wheel/gamepad players and untuned/tuned cars. This should be a minimum.

It would be great if these leaderboards included lap times + interval times as well, these references are great, vital in places like Nürburgring Nordschleife. Some extra info could be tyres used...

Split times and the ability to pull those split times into your own hot lapping would be valuable too, so you can see what sectors you are losing the most time in.

I was thinking about a board consisting of wins/win ratio/average finishing position/average number of cars finishing races.

Not based on times, but average online finishing position to average number of cars in races you've driven in could be used as a reasonable benchmark to compare players.

I don't think it'd be a bad addition.

I was thinking about a board consisting of wins/win ratio/average finishing position/average number of cars finishing races.

Not based on times, but average online finishing position to average number of cars in races you've driven in could be used as a reasonable benchmark to compare players.

I don't think it'd be a bad addition.

You're talking about a ranking system, and yes, that would be a welcome addition. I'd like to be able to use open lobbies to limit entry to certain ranking levels. Perhaps drivers could be grouped 1-100 for simplicity.

A ranking system would be a welcome addition as well.

I think it would be good if such were added that it took into account how often the player crashes, cuts corners, bumps other cars to maybe be better able to weed out the field a bit.

If there was a system of some sort I may use it on occasion, much the same way I do with the ones we get to the Time Trial events in GT5 (I check the top times / cars occasionally and see how I do against my friends). However I also wouldn't have a problem if there wasn't one either.

Unfortunately in my own personal experience with global leaderboards in the games I've played I've often found many to be topped by cheaters, exploiters and glitchers of one form or another. GT5 is no exception to that but to PD's credit they do at least seem to reasonably well at removing the glitched times from the TTs, though I'm not quite sure how dragging the back of an FF car around like a dog with worms can constitute "Drifting" but maybe that's just me :).

With the little info we have about the new social / club features I think there probably will be some kind of system available, if there is that's cool but if not it's no biggie to me either.

If there was a system of some sort I may use it on occasion, much the same way I do with the ones we get to the Time Trial events in GT5 (I check the top times / cars occasionally and see how I do against my friends). However I also wouldn't have a problem if there wasn't one either.

Unfortunately in my own personal experience with global leaderboards in the games I've played I've often found many to be topped by cheaters, exploiters and glitchers of one form or another. GT5 is no exception to that but to PD's credit they do at least seem to reasonably well at removing the glitched times from the TTs, though I'm not quite sure how dragging the back of an FF car around like a dog with worms can constitute "Drifting" but maybe that's just me :).

With the little info we have about the new social / club features I think there probably will be some kind of system available, if there is that's cool but if not it's no biggie to me either.

Racing games are tough to cheat though, especially if leaderboards are based on "no tuning" on a fixed tire. Shortcuts are one way but so long as PD is diligent in correcting these shortcuts, leaderboards can always be cleared and reset if need be.

The issue with drifting is an easy fix, just limit entry to FR and MR cars. I don't know why they didn't fix it but it is easy to fix.

Instead of debating this in other threads where it doesn't belong, I'm posting this thread.

Personally, I would not want leaderboards in GT6 for a couple reasons:

1. Every game I've ever played with a leaderboard just ended up being dominated by people who hack, glitch, or boost their stats with friends somehow. 3 months into the game nobody takes the leaderboard seriously anyway because they know what a joke it is.

2. It takes a game from being about fun competition to being about proving something to strangers, which naturally attracts a lot of immature people who just want to be able to send you annoying messages about how great they are and how much you suck whenever they beat you (even when they're using hacked cars).

3. Leaderboards kill the "just-for-fun" unranked online because everyone naturally flocks to the ranked lobbies and nobody bothers with the unranked ones. It's just human nature to view unranked races as a waste of time, even if the ranked ones are full of jerks and hackers.

Yes, I do. If I don't feel like being competitive, I can just ignore them but when I feel like hotlaping, they're there for me. Prologue had them and it was great fun just seeing what you could do against the rest of the world. I remember the first time I made it within the 1k top in Suzuka with the focus, I was thrilled back then!

Generally it's an extra thing to do in the game, it's always nice to have many choices to match your mood.

Have you played GT5:P? I thoroughly enjoyed the leaderboard system on that game. There are no real worries on hackers, or glitches, cause when there are, they're quickly reported and removed. I just want something like that to return.

Back