Would you want Isamu Ohira's soundtracks or other artist's tracks in GT7?

• Thread starter Vandolph09
  • 81 comments

Would you want Isamu Ohira's soundtracks or other artist's tracks in GT7?

• Total voters
Philippines
Philippines
Vandolph09
Before Gran Turismo 5 and 6 introduced a lot of artists for the menu soundtrack, there was Isamu Ohira. His style and groove for the menu soundtracks is what relaxed us before we raced, while we tuned our cars, and while picking out a track to race in.

From the East to the West, Light Velocity, Don't Kick Yourself, Mission Impossible, Slipstream, and many more. These were his legendary soundtrack for the series.

Now, onto the present times.
Gran Turismo 5 didn't feature any of his tracks. But instead used other artists. The music was good, but we were all used to his tracks.
Gran Turismo 6, his tracks were featured although it was basically the same as in Gran Turismo 4.

So yeah, as the title says... Would you?

Well GT7 needs character and Identity.

I'd love for Isamu to return but not as a sole artist to the game.

Rather PD should form a group with budding talented artists with Isamu as the lead then they create the various UI for the game. I'd love to see Yoko Kanno or even Kensuke Ushio (Great budding artist that did the music for Ping Pong The Animation) making some music for GT7.

Some examples from the above mentioned:

Great for race prep

Could be used in an Auction area

Honestly, his music is what gave the old GT games character.

Subjective. I don't see how this...

can be a plague on any game.

If they need terrible elevator music to give the game character, they're in more trouble than I thought. Of course it's subjective, as everyone has different tastes. For example, I prefer to listen to some good rock, and some other people might actually like elevator music.

If they need terrible elevator music to give the game character, they're in more trouble than I thought. Of course it's subjective, as everyone has different tastes. For example, I prefer to listen to some good rock, and some other people might actually like elevator music.
It seems like you have something personal against the music instead of rational dislike.

So I'm not allowed to dislike it? It seems like you have something against people having a different opinion to you...
I never implied that you're not allowed to dislike it. And no, I'm completely fine with differing opinions. Yours just seems slightly irrational to me, is all.

I never implied that you're not allowed to dislike it. And no, I'm completely fine with differing opinions. Yours just seems slightly irrational to me, is all.

Irrational? So I'm allowed to not like the same music as you, but it's irrational? Your posts make no sense at all.

It seems like you have something personal against the music instead of rational dislike.

That was just an odd thing to say. Everybody's opinion on something like music is their "personal" opinion, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "you have something personal against the music".

It seems to me like you are very emotionally invested in that music, as you seem to have taken offense to me not liking it.

The tone of your post made it seem like there's some other reason why you dislike that type of music other than just disliking it out of taste, which is why I said what I did. Maybe I'm subconsciously trying to be a psychologist or something, I don't know. I'm weird. If it's just out of taste, I respect that.

The tone of your post made it seem like there's some other reason why you dislike that type of music other than just disliking it out of taste, which is why I said what I did.

I'm not sure how a post on an internet forum manages to have tone lol. To clarify it for you, I have never heard of the person that made the music in the old GT games, I just remember the GT music being so bad that it was a running joke among my friends, which is why my first comment said "yeah, no", because I'd prefer something with a little more punch than the old GT games had. I called it elevator music, because it's literally the only place I've heard that kind of music outside of GT. :lol:

Maybe I'm subconsciously trying to be a psychologist or something, I don't know. I'm weird.

I think you're reading into it too much, you're finding something between the lines that's just not there.

If it's just out of taste, I respect that.

Fair enough. :cheers:

Having spoken with Isamu a few months back, I think he moved on.

Though I did tell him to come back and compose again for GT, the community misses him, he kinda ignored that, not sure what that means.

Having spoken with Isamu a few months back, I think he moved on.

Though I did tell him to come back and compose again for GT, the community misses him, he kinda ignored that, not sure what that means.

A fallout/disagreement that we probably don't know about?

Also, how did you speak with him?

...:lol:

I'm guessing you were never told to "hold the line, all our operators are busy"...

Where I'm from, hold music is usually classical music, a lot of which I don't mind at all, but yes I have actually had some of that kind of music on hold before lol. Those are the times when you think to yourself "is this call really important enough to put myself through this?". LOL.

Irrational? So I'm allowed to not like the same music as you, but it's irrational? Your posts make no sense at all.

That was just an odd thing to say. Everybody's opinion on something like music is their "personal" opinion, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "you have something personal against the music".

It seems to me like you are very emotionally invested in that music, as you seem to have taken offense to me not liking it.

In a post with a poll that clearly shows pretty much everybody liked the thing you're calling "comically bad" it's obvious some people are going to feel offended, and I think you knew that you were going to get that reaction, and then you talk about subjectivity and then say that you prefer "good" rock, I mean what makes it good? the complexity of the composition? because you like it? I am not a big fan of Isamu Ohira's work, but I think that there are better ways to express your preferences without the need to offend others.

In a post with a poll that clearly shows pretty much everybody liked the thing you're calling "comically bad" it's obvious some people are going to feel offended, and I think you knew that you were going to get that reaction, and then you talk about subjectivity and then say that you prefer "good" rock, I mean what makes it good? the complexity of the composition? because you like it? I am not a big fan of Isamu Ohira's work, but I think that there are better ways to express your preferences without the need to offend others.

My first post was before anybody even answered the poll mate, and I expressed an opinion that I have every right to, it's hardly my problem if people are so damn precious that they get offended by such trivial matters lol.

If people are so easily offended, they must find the real world a very scary place, as it's relatively tame on this forum. I swear these days people just spend their time actually looking for stuff to find offensive. As uncle chop chop would say "harden the **** up".

You mean that comically bad elevator music that plagued the old GT games? Yeah, no.

I HATE that elevator music, jus because Kaz likes 90's Bossa Nova we have to endure it in a game, he has a worst taste in music ever and the first thing I did in GT5 is turn it all off. The eclectic mix of stuff and unknown artists that aren't even good isn't welcome either IMO. This is a racing game!

It makes the franchise look stuffy and closed minded. They should only have current and internationally known music. Like EA Trax who always pick the best music and music people actually recognise. They should take the top 50 global hits from different categories 2015-16 and put them in!

I HATE that elevator music, jus because Kaz likes 90's Bossa Nova we have to endure it in a game, he has a worst taste in music ever and the first thing I did in GT5 is turn it all off. The eclectic mix of stuff and unknown artists that aren't even good isn't welcome either IMO. This is a racing game!

It makes the franchise look stuffy and closed minded. They should only have current and internationally known music. Like EA Trax who always pick the best music and music people actually recognise. They should take the top 50 global hits from different categories 2015-16 and put them in!
Keep your opinion yours, and don't ruin the spirit of GT, majority of people love it.

Keep in mind that the reason there's Bossa Nova, lounge etc is due to the theme GT portrays itself in: Elegance. So with elegance, you require elegant music to fit the theme.

It's the reason why the menu music in GT isn't the same as EA Trax or Project CARS. Now if you don't adhere to that from a design standpoint, your whole menu and feel will be mismash and can kill the whole experience.

To each their own, however don't crap on another's own.

I did not vote in the poll as there is no I don;t care option in it.

I generally turn the music off in most games. GT allows use of a custom play list so I use that and leave it on in the menus.

Hopefully the next editions will also allow a custom playlist, if not then it will be turned off so who does the music doesn't really matter.

Back