Would you want Isamu Ohira's soundtracks or other artist's tracks in GT7?

• Thread starter Vandolph09
  • 81 comments

Would you want Isamu Ohira's soundtracks or other artist's tracks in GT7?

• Total voters
...Can't remember the last time I listened to GT's selection of music - I always use my own stuff off HDD. Problem solved.

Keep your opinion yours, and don't ruin the spirit of GT, majority of people love it.

Funny how only a certain opinion is allowed in this thread. I also doubt your statement that the majority of people love that music lol. You basing that on the 40 odd people who actually bothered to vote on this poll? Because I don't know if you noticed, but more than 40 people tend to buy GT games, and it is expected that the die hard fans would be here loving everything about the game.

A very offensive way of expressing it. Kaz having the worst taste and so on.. You know lots of people like it, so there's no reason criticizing it the way you do. Why not expressing it in a good manner?

What's with people getting offended so easily? "You don't like what I like? Don't be so damn offensive!". My god the real world must be a scary place for you lot. :lol:

...Can't remember the last time I listened to GT's selection of music - I always use my own stuff off HDD. Problem solved.

Same. It did annoy me in GT6 how the track would change every time you did anything though. You'd select a car, and the cheesy car selection music would cut in, and when your custom music came back, it wouldn't start from where it left off, it'd start a new track. This meant when I was buying and hotting up cars, I was listening to the beginning of tons of songs, which got old pretty quick lol. Especially annoying when a band like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, or Opeth was playing. Progressive music is particularly bad to listen to just the first 30 seconds of, especially when the song is 10 minutes + long.

Same. It did annoy me in GT6 how the track would change every time you did anything though. You'd select a car, and the cheesy car selection music would cut in, and when your custom music came back, it wouldn't start from where it left off, it'd start a new track. This meant when I was buying and hotting up cars, I was listening to the beginning of tons of songs, which got old pretty quick lol. Especially annoying when a band like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, or Opeth was playing. Progressive music is particularly bad to listen to just the first 30 seconds of, especially when the song is 10 minutes + long.

...Yup. I know your annoyance all too well.

But I got wise after GT5 had similar issues, and filled HDD with shorter, faster songs. Goes well with races too, this way. :cool:

Gets less tiresome when chasing those darned rabbits, see - humming to your fav tunes. :D

(No Bossa Nova lounge music for me - it's faster more efficient than counting sheep, listening to those...)

Daiki Kasho is still not confirmed to be working on GT Sport, although I'd love if PD hired him once again, We will find out soon hopefully!

I will be looking into interviewing him for you guys so the community gets a better view about Daiki's personality in general, he has been awfully quiet regarding his recent work, I'll be honest, I have no idea what he's working on right now, Though I'd love to hear some guess theories.

Regarding Isamu, I highly doubt he will be back, I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
A very offensive way of expressing it. Kaz having the worst taste and so on.. You know lots of people like it, so there's no reason criticizing it the way you do. Why not expressing it in a good manner?

Ah, the classic GTP "other people like it so you're not allowed to say mean things about it" argument. I know it well...

Anyway, the early GTs had some of my favorite soundtracks ever. Ohira's work in 2 and 3 especially was fantastic; Light Velocity is one of my favorite songs in any video game. That said, the music in GT5 and 6 became too calm and subdued. It wasn't as catchy, it wasn't as fun, and for a racing game you need a bit more excitement. I'm all for jazz, dance and electronica in my racers; I put together a huge playlist on a USB stick just for Driveclub, so I take music seriously (even more seriously than engine sounds, which is why GT's weak audio never bothered me). I'd like to see more from Ohira and Kasho, but only if they turn back the clock about 10 years and have some fun with it again.

I hated the singing in Daiki Kashos music, it was good in GT3 when we just had instrumentals of his. If there was instrumentals of his tracks in GT5 and 6. It's more of a musical than a racing game now!

I've never particularly liked any songs in GT games with the exception of the rock stuff in GT2 (My Favourite Game is the epitome of GT song to me) and I REALLY don't get the fascination with the old fashioned, 80s rock sounding Moon Over the Castle so unless they go back to the GT2 sort of sound I'll just stick to custom music again.

Hmm, interesting posts.

Who would want a classic MOTC slightly changed for GTS?
Who would want a complete remake of MOTC in house-like genre

Would be great for nostalgia, but I'd rather have a wide selection of artists and genres to pick from. So for this poll I'm afraid it's going to have to be option 2.

Or not at all? It's time for the GT series to move forward, out of the 90s.
Well GT6 didn't include a new version of MOTC but fans did seem quiet upset about it missing, which is why I might make a thread regarding MOTC to see the demand for the song.

Last edited:
I would prefer they get somebody new on board. PD should look into maybe bringing in artists like Shingo Nakamura or KaNa to score the soundtrack.

If they want to bring old music they should bring new music to. I mean at least they bring new music in every game,but next time they should get better music. GT6 music is okay here and there,but nothing special. Beautiful well made songs like Moon Over The Castle should come back.

Here's an idea. Have PD allow artists to put together sound track packages and offer them to us as DLC. It would allow legit artists a chance to showcase their music, maybe make a few bucks and it's very little work on PD's part other than putting the software together to get it loaded up as DLC I would think. Want a game that's innovative? That's innovation vs. a one-size-fits-all approach.

Here's an idea. Have PD allow artists to put together sound track packages and offer them to us as DLC. It would allow legit artists a chance to showcase their music, maybe make a few bucks and it's very little work on PD's part other than putting the software together to get it loaded up as DLC I would think. Want a game that's innovative? That's innovation vs. a one-size-fits-all approach.

That's not a bad idea. PD could just create the structure that the tracks are put into, having a track list go to race music, and certain 'slots' if you will for each menu that they can put tracks into, then have artists submit a set number of track for them to put into that format. Sell them for a few bucks a piece, and everyone wins.

I'm just hoping the sound improvements are good enough for me to have no music at all and be able to enjoy the environment and car sounds lol. If not, I've got 6,500+ songs on my external drive I can listen to in the background. :D

...Yes. So much win in this idea. Hell, Sony runs/owns a pretty big record label, so they can pull some materials from there too.

They should only have current and internationally known music. Like EA Trax who always pick the best music and music people actually recognise. They should take the top 50 global hits from different categories 2015-16 and put them in!

I think a soundtrack "curated" by boardroom suits, who *think* they know what music people are into, designed to appeal to everyone through selecting popular, lowest common denominator junk is leagues worse than GT's current soundtrack. I can't recall a single EA Trax game I've played where I didn't turn the music off immediately (NFS2015 being one of the very worst soundtracks I can remember in recent times).

Although it can be in some ways irritating, the fact that GT so willfully disregards current trends is part of its charm. Navigating GT5's complex but lushly detailed, elegant, and classy menu with the jazz/lounge music in the background was a fantastic element of the GT experience - a technically impressive, but always slightly bizarre and eccentric odyssey into the world of cars.

GT1 and GT2 were easily the best soundtrack, at least U.S. versions. (yes, for me, duh)
I can actually name some of the artists, and actually liked some of the music.

Keep in mind that the reason there's Bossa Nova, lounge etc is due to the theme GT portrays itself in: Elegance. So with elegance, you require elegant music to fit the theme.

It's the reason why the menu music in GT isn't the same as EA Trax or Project CARS. Now if you don't adhere to that from a design standpoint, your whole menu and feel will be mismash and can kill the whole experience.

To each their own, however don't crap on another's own.

This so much. GT games always have a different atmosphere to other car/racing games. It feels like a museum of history that also happens to allow you to drive the cars. The music have always added to that. It's just so relaxing to listen to after a race and watch your car spinning slowly in Gallery View.

I like some of NFS' soundtracks from the Underground era, because it fits the atmosphere of that game. I also like PCARS' epic orchestra music, because it fits the atmosphere of that game. As long as the soundtrack complements the game I have no complaints. I tried putting custom BGM from other games in GT though, and it just feels weird.

Would I want Isamu to return? Honestly it doesn't have to be specifically him, but I'd like GT to always have the same style of music. And as you said, if you don't like it there's always custom BGM option :)

Also like Yuki Oike's music.

I like Yuki Oike's pieces best out of all the new artists post Isamu. GT5's Globe, Passion and Wind & GT6's Age of Aquarius, Alony and White Out are some of the best game OSTs I ever heard.

It's a shame it's so hard to find anything else from him (if there are even any). The only thing I managed to find is this soundcloud page (https://soundcloud.com/yukioike) which I'm not even sure it's him.

Back