Would you want Isamu Ohira's soundtracks or other artist's tracks in GT7?

• Thread starter Vandolph09
  • 81 comments

Would you want Isamu Ohira's soundtracks or other artist's tracks in GT7?

• Total voters
Honestly, his music is what gave the old GT games character.

Subjective. I don't see how this...

can be a plague on any game.

I would need to be full of Ketamine or Vallies to listen to that, 5 still had too much elevator music but at least they made a big step in the right direction with having some current artists.

This is what it's about this day n age...

More of this!

Yeah, it would be awesome to have him back, pop in the disk and your head explodes with nostalgia.

And is it just me, or do we need more nine-inch nails? I'd listen to that while blasting an el-Camino around willow springs...

Definitely need more of what you tasteless boors call "elevator music" in the menus; not less. :lol:

Jokes aside, I feel Isamu Ohira's compositions playing in the menus of GT contributed a great deal to give the series its unique personality. They definitely don't fit as a background to the frantic racing action I'd hope to see in GTS, but then, PD has shipped their games with great licensed racing soundtracks since GT4.

what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

I would need to be full of Ketamine or Vallies to listen to that, 5 still had too much elevator music but at least they made a big step in the right direction with having some current artists.

More of this!

They had this tune back in the day:

Craig should make a GT song now that he is with Sony Music UK, 7-77.

Ohira's compositions fit the series so well, but I think whoever did the music for GT PSP needs to make a return. Really modern tunes; better suited to the new direction in my opinion than Isamu's music would be.

In my opinion GTS music started getting bad at GT5, the rest were great
Well known artist in the first few GTs and GT4s classic music yes we need it back

GT is the kind of game that doesn't really need known musician.
To be honest GT introduced me to Feeder's and jazz music, so i've got to say i'm pretty much attached GT past tracks.
I think that the intro for GT5 ( the one with the My Chemical Romance track) was phenomenal, the newest jazz-lounge tracks are pure bliss. I really don't know how many times i fired up GT even only for it to play certain tunes.
This is the path GT's always been on: personal, enjoyable and perfect in finding the right mood (pre-race music, jazz for the menu and all the rock-electro for the race.)

More of this!

Not a huge fan of that kind of music but as long as it is within that songs range, then sure. At least we need music that is relaxing and chill in the menu, and music with tempo and good rhythm during races. GT has always been great at that balance. So something new but at the same time a little "oldskool" would be good.

The menu music from GT5 and GT6 was actually great imo! I do miss Light Velocity, Don't Kick Yourself, and Be at Home, so I hope his tracks make a comeback. I still really enjoyed the menu music from GT5 and GT6. More variety, jazz and lounge make for awesome relaxing and suitable for any occasion/mood!

Why cant we have both?
Seriously. I'd like a taste of GT7 in Sport, something like GT6, old stuff and new music mixed together. When GT7 ships, what I'd like to see is a huge playlist of almost everything, and we could go into the music library as we do in games since GT3 and select what we want to play. Though what I'd absolutely love to see is for SONY to allow us to - here's a thought - add our music to the list so they play together. It's a royal pain to record all those existing tracks, add them into the hard drive taking up space TWICE, just so I can hear the established tracks mixed with mine.

Back