WRC 3 - 2012 (Milestone games)

• Thread starter FahrerGott
  • 1,237 comments
Ever since discovering Richard Burns Rally i've not played WRC3 in months...
True, yet WRC3 is definitely the second best on consoles.

I only have the PS2 version of RBR but I find it interesting that the RBR PC mod thread here has currently fifteen pages of posts and this has fifty-nine...:sly:

I only have the PS2 version of RBR but I find it interesting that the RBR PC mod thread here has currently fifteen pages of posts and this has fifty-nine...:sly:

People are too busy playing it and don't have the time to talk about it 💡

:)

I actually don't care about RBR in this and never see why it should be bought up, what good rally sims have we had on PS3?

Only ever played the demo of WRC3 on the PS3 before deciding on getting the PC version, But I'd say the best options for rally racing on the consoles would be WRC3 followed by DiRT 1, then DiRT 2.

Is the PS3 patch available in the US yet? On the facebook page it says its out but no auto update and I cant figure out any way to get it.

As the US version released later, I'm guessing the patch was included with the game disc. I can't be certain though, just going on examples such as later versions of GT5.

Done pc update and nothing has changed, they didnt even add triple screen support

Hardly surprising seeing as it's a console port, at least we still have the mod for that though! Apparently it was only supposed to fix a few bugs, add support for more devices and fix some liveries. Does that manual mode car rolling backwards thing still happen? It's been a while since I've played, maybe that mod fixed that too.

neema_t
Hardly surprising seeing as it's a console port, at least we still have the mod for that though! Apparently it was only supposed to fix a few bugs, add support for more devices and fix some liveries. Does that manual mode car rolling backwards thing still happen? It's been a while since I've played, maybe that mod fixed that too.

The pc title is done and dusted imo, rsrbr will still and always be my choice of rally sim

It's a lot of fun seeing people's ghosts wipeout spectacularly. I should get back to online really.

My only quibble is the amount of tuning pre-set slots being restricted to ten or so, meaning you can only get one class tuned up right for each stage type (with some overlap.) I do enjoy Class 3 as well as WRC and would like to do more Group B too. Ahh well, can't have it all - I suppose I should be happy that it's a great game overall.

I got this yesterday and tried a test run. I've got some questions if someone could help me out. Using a DFGT with modded pedals and use it for GT5 and F1 2012. PS3 is my platform.

Is there any way to get a similar steering feel to GT5? I drive in cockpit view and initially it felt laggy. Tried to adjust the steering but it only got worse then I didn't see any way to return to default. I can't see how you can go from one setting type to another without exiting the Wheel menu. Then it randomly returns to another setting type. Looks like you could go from say Steering Sensitivity to Steering Deadzone without exiting. I found the process to be very frustrating like it was glitched or something.

Maybe I need to explore the menus more. Is there somewhere to do wheel adjustments besides in one of the careers? I hope I can get this sorted out otherwise it looks like this game may end up on the shelf next to Shift 2 in my dud driving game section. Thanks for any suggestions.

Edit: Messed around a bit and found the wheel setting screen in a menu. The wheel settings in the actual race don't seem to work right but the one in the Options screen before you enter the Races works fine. Put Steering Deadzone Off, Linearity in the default. So much better, feels fine. Happy now, this looks like great fun even if I'm horrible so far!

Last edited:
How do you set tunes for online?
If you create a lobby, you can set it up to allow players to apply their tunes.

...Is there any way to get a similar steering feel to GT5?...
Sorry that I can't offer any specifics as I'm still in the stone-age and so do not have a wheel yet.

What I do know though is the menus in these games have always been weirdly counter-intuitive. Well, I guess they're intuitive to the devs, but with some exploration the options do generally reveal themselves.

I'm sure a wheel user will be along soon - good luck and have fun.

G27 user , I could not escape that feeling either . I decided to use the controller for this one ,
as not to beat the crap out of my wheel and save it for gt6.

For G27 you want to make your car more controllable so you can do those two things to help you achieve that:

1. In wheel settings lower a little bit Steering Linearity
2. In car settings lower Max Steering Lock

Car would be more responsive. If it's too responsive for you then add some more Linearity and Steering Lock, you will have more steering degree angle and car became less responsive.

I love Finland, it's like F1 GP but with all 4 wheel drive.

^Thanks for the tips ussr. I hadn't tried adjusting the Steering Lock setting.

Someone else posted some settings further back in the thread. I changed to them and it made a world of difference. Never got into Rally in GT much mainly with the lack of real world tracks.

I think that for different surface you have to make some changes in steering lock, like for gravel could be different that on tarmac rallies.

This time replay from Chase cam, how game play looks from DualShock controller users. I can't imagine to use this view while using steering wheel.

I finally got round to getting WRC 3. Anyone got some wheel settings for it on PS3 with the Fanatec CSR wheel? thanks in advance lads:tup:

Playing this again, 1,513th on world leaderboard out of 55,100. :D - Col De Turini, 3:08.9, on a pad. Anyone else want to try beat that?

:) I can remember when there were only a few hundred on most leaderboards and a maximum of four thousand on stages like Col De Turini.

That's a pretty popular stage online too, shame most room owners never seem to pick another from Monte Carlo.

Was that the WRC cars class?

:) I can remember when there were only a few hundred on most leaderboards and a maximum of four thousand on stages like Col De Turini.

That's a pretty popular stage online too, shame most room owners never seem to pick another from Monte Carlo.

Was that the WRC cars class?

Always seems Monte Carlo or Spain... WRC Citroen DS3 (Loeb)

...My time, in Loeb Citroen DS3, 3:10.3 (controller) - can you beat that?
Looks like you improved a bit from back at the beginning.

Just did a 3:14.25 (DS3) which is apparently my best time on that stage, so quite a bit slower - though that was in a Ford.

It was fun to go back in there after a while playing other games. I'll give it a better go over the next few days when I have more time.

WRC4 is comming.

Well my Italian isn't what it used to be, but it seems at Gamescom there will be a reveil:

http://buddhagaming.it/wrc-4-uscita-ufficializzata-al-prossimo-gamescom-2013/

Tutto è pronto. Il navigatore è già seduto accanto a noi ed è concentrato sul tracciato. Il motore romba e la collina, davanti a noi, ci attende. Con l’avvicinarsi dell’estate ecco che torna, puntuale, l’inizio degli appuntamenti con gli annunci della serie WRC dell’italiana Milestone. Tramite un comunicato, la società fa sapere che il prossimo WRC 4 sarà presentato ufficialmente al prossimo Gamescom 2013 di Colonia dove, fra le altre cose, si avrà modo di vedere il gioco in-game e si potrà provare direttamente.

Dopo l’enorme successo di MotoGP 13, lanciato il 21 giugno scorso, ecco tornare alla ribalta una delle serie più amate dagli amanti del rally. Milestone ha sempre offerto un grande realismo sia sulla fisica dell’auto sia nella riproduzione, fedelissima, dei tracciati delle varie gare.

Speriamo che, come per MotoGP 13, anche WRC 4 possa avere il meritato successo e speriamo di vederlo (quando uscirà) nelle classifiche – italiane almeno se non mondiali – dei titoli più venduti della settimana e del mese

Back