WRC 7 Adds a Porsche 911 R-GT As a Preorder Bonus (First Gameplay Video)

May just pick up WRC 7! Can't say I can think of any other rally game having a Porsche in it before. Would love to see some "safari" 911s in rally games too.

May just pick up WRC 7! Can't say I can think of any other rally game having a Porsche in it before. Would love to see some "safari" 911s in rally games too.
Believe it or not, a safari 911 has appeared in a rally game! EA's SHOX featured this and multiple other Porsches.

It's an arcade title but a nice piece of trivia none the less.

Believe it or not, a safari 911 has appeared in a rally game! EA's SHOX featured this and multiple other Porsches.

Wow, no way! That's pretty cool, never even heard of Shox before now. With the EA exclusive license over and Porsches being in more games these days, it's a matter of time until rally Porsches show up. Proof of that is here with WRC 7. Definitely dreaming of Porsche DLC in Dirt 4. :lol:

Great to see with EA's vice grip relinquished, Porsche are starting to appear in all manner of car games like any other manufacturer. Maybe it shows that Porsche weren't the problem and made a mistake making a pact with the devil.

Keeping closer to the rally theme, if we get this in we will be on to a winner:

120.jpg

Last edited:
Top Gear Rally, for N64 had a Porsche 959, but I think it had an other name as it was an unlicenced game.

I love how Porsche has gone from a loveless monogamous relationship with EA to pretty much wild fun with just about everyone now...

Have fun Porsche, cut loose but don't end up sleeping with the rough end of the bar, we like your "touch of class".

Last edited:

As a follow up on this. The RUF RT12 also appeared in SEGA Rally Revo. Pretty cool:

They are really advertising this in game porsche but I had never heard of a 911 used for rally before this so doesn't really excite me. I'd prefer to see more wrc/wrc2 cars shown off

You must not know much about the sport if you say that.... Porsche have had a long history in rallying with multiple models of car in both works and privateer capacities.

The most successful being the 911 which is an icon in the sport. 911's won the Monte Carlo rally multiple times and the car even won the manufacturers title the year before the championship became the WRC, beating the Renault Alpines to the trophy in 1970.

The car in the video is an R-GT class rally car and fully eligable for the WRC, in fact it's a fan favourite at events because of the sheer noise of it! At a rally you can hear one of those things from miles away, literally!

I for one am pretty happy to see them actually putting in all WRC eligable classes rather than excluding the R-GT's, fingers crossed the new Arbarth makes it in too!!!

You must not know much about the sport if you say that.... Porsche have had a long history in rallying with multiple models of car in both works and privateer capacities.

The most successful being the 911 which is an icon in the sport. 911's won the Monte Carlo rally multiple times and the car even won the manufacturers title the year before the championship became the WRC, beating the Renault Alpines to the trophy in 1970.

The car in the video is an R-GT class rally car and fully eligable for the WRC, in fact it's a fan favourite at events because of the sheer noise of it! At a rally you can hear one of those things from miles away, literally!

I for one am pretty happy to see them actually putting in all WRC eligable classes rather than excluding the R-GT's, fingers crossed the new Arbarth makes it in too!!!

Well said. Just a couple of clarifications:

While R-GT cars are eligible for WRC points (just as the other lower classes are), it might confuse some to flatly state "fully eligible for the WRC". @MonkeyMan_707 might get the wrong idea thinking that they race at the same level as Ogier, Latvala, Neuville, etc...

R-GT cars have their own championship which is the FIA R-GT cup.

R-GT cars are rear-wheel drive.

R-GT cars only contest asphalt rounds (but in WRC 7 you will be able to race the Porsche at any of the thirteen rallies).

Let's hope they add the Abarth 124, too. Could be interesting running a R-GT league alongside the normal WRC stuff!

1970. Guess I'm just too young to recognise their history :lol:
Thanks for the info, clears up it's popularity. I guess your from Europe, being in New Zealand we don't see cars like that at rallies, I do follow the sport religiously though it's just mostly at the wrc level and focused on gravel here in NZ

Back