WRC 7 Confirmed for September Release, Watch Exclusive New Trailer Right Here

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by er185es, May 16, 2017.

1. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

I really like the cockpit options in the CM games. They are my favorite of this genre though some cars still don’t get quite close enough (Lancia Delta comes to mind).

I used dash cam primarily in the DiRT series, but just this week I got a monitor stand that gets me right up to the screen and whoa what a difference. It’s the closest I’ve been to feeling like actually being in the car. Before I got the stand I did everything I could to get as close to the front of the car but it always felt like driving from the back seat. Interestingly now dash cam feels like I’m literally resting my head on the dash, and that’s TOO close.

The new stand has made cockpit view in WRC7 vastly improved, but it’s still just a smidge too far back even at ‘close’ and ‘very close’, but it’s still more than acceptable. Getting closer to the screen and having a much better FOV has made my times improve in WRC7.

Haven’t tried SLRE yet. Dash cam was great, but we’ll see about cockpit with the new monitor setup. If my memory serves you can’t adjust the cockpit view like in DR and D4 so I may stick with dash and just push the monitor stand away from me.

perja55, MrCrynox and Pfei like this.
  2. itrdc5r

itrdc5r

Just started playing this game. Massive fun. As for the paddles, I designed and 3D printed my own. You can see it here.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2844116

3. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

I found your your paddles on YouTube a few weeks ago and it’s impressive work. :tup: :)

itrdc5r likes this.
  4. er185es

er185es

Possible announcement of a new WRC game

MrCrynox and doblocruiser like this.
  5. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

So they still got the license. Good for them :tup: Now I wonder how much freedom they'll have for the 2019 version ?

6. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

This is great news.
    What sort of freedom have you got in mind ?

7. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

The dream would be to have the majority of rally cars competing in the WRC over the past 50 years, but that's probably not gonna happen.

I would at least appreciate it if they took some inspiration from the F1 Games series and we had a few classic rally cars from each decade to choose from.

doblocruiser and MrCrynox like this.
  8. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

That they would be able to use the WRC license a bit wider than just the actual season. Few classic locations and WRC machinery. Souped up career. Some nice RL footage mixed in. Drone replay camera system and a photomode as a bonus :D

MrCrynox and FT-1 like this.
  9. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

Personally I found the 3 catagories of championship in WRC7 to be adequate but I know where your coming from.
    But, I think they would have to include whole generations of cars to be able to play from a championship point of view, otherwise it would just be more of a single stage kind of affair, and sadly I can't see them doing that.
    I found it disappointing that although the 2016 cars were included in WRC7, you couldn't race them in a championship, even in custom championship mode, or the Porsche.
    Im really looking forward to WRC8 :tup:

doblocruiser likes this.
  10. Pfei

Pfei Premium

Tweet gone. Anyone get a screenshot?

11. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

It was an updated banner with a Citroën C3 on it. No title or text. Maybe they where a bit to early with the announcement.

12. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

Just noticed this in the 2019 WRC series 4 eSports terms and conditions under point 2.6:

'Depending on the status of the game, the final event can be played on WRC 8'

This confirms there will be a WRC8!

See for yourself:

https://www.esportswrc.com/pdf/rules.pdf

doblocruiser, Pfei, Scaff and 2 others like this.
  13. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

Nice find!

MrCrynox likes this.
  14. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

Huh, imagine that...

MrCrynox and Scaff like this.
  15. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Started a full career again, round 1.

16. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

I've ran couple this evening and even the short stages are giving a good workout. Does someone know if the camerashaking can be reduced when using bonnetcam?

17. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

To answer my own question: No , it isn't possible. Workaround is to use the bumpercam

Scaff likes this.
  18. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

Your vidéo made me revisit 2 epic stages today. The Monte Carlo and Argentinian one. Those stages are nailbiting and incredible well done. An absolute pleasure to play. Think I'll get back to Wrc7 a bit more in the weeks to come.

Pfei and Scaff like this.
  19. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Think I’ll start again myself.

Pfei and doblocruiser like this.
  20. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

I've restarted also. That driving test is pretty hard to get the trophy for but it's done :bowdown:

I'll run a custom WRC2 Championship. I doubt though if I make it a full season.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  21. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Completed my Junior WRC Season this afternoon with three wins and the championship. Took the offer of a WRC2 drive and have just won Monte, onto Portugal!

doblocruiser likes this.
  22. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

The driving test :)

PzR Slim likes this.
  23. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

I'm starting a new season too but doing it differently to everyone else, I'm playing WRC 6! Having picked it up with games with gold last month I'm just about to embark on a full season with the 2016 cars!

Although WRC 7 is clearly an improvement, Ive still enjoyed the experience Ive had so far with the lower classes. There are a few different stages to experience too that didn't make the cut to 7, some of which are quite good so perhaps these will be included in 8.

Pfei and doblocruiser like this.
  24. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

And completed the WRC2 season in a respectable 2nd place in the championship. Took a WRC drive with Citroen!

MrCrynox and doblocruiser like this.
  25. ColinNZ

ColinNZ

I've been playing this again too. It's such a fun game to play on the wheel, even though I suck at rally games.

perja55 and MrCrynox like this.
  26. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Rally Sweden - All stages

MagpieRacer and doblocruiser like this.
  27. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

Such nice stages in the snow!

Scaff likes this.
  28. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

An update on my new career. My first season in WRC started like a dream with wins at Monte and Sweden. Following that a few bad stages at Mexico knocked my confidence and I've only managed 4th, 5th or 6th in the next five rallies to leave me in third place in the championship some 70 points behind Ogier who is leading. Still loving it though! Might try and record some footage and post it here.

doblocruiser, MrCrynox and Scaff like this.
  29. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

Dirt4 got in the way and I set up a group B championship. Just started it....That with VR4 and WRC7 should keep me of the streets pretty much fulltime :lol:

MrCrynox likes this.
  30. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Here you go. One stage from Finland and one from Germany.