WRC 7 Confirmed for September Release, Watch Exclusive New Trailer Right Here

• Thread starter er185es
  • 241 comments
In my opinion, if you don't have VR or triple-screen then cockpit cams are the most unrealistic cams next to the chase cams. We're already at a disadvantage due to playing on a two-dimensional flat screen. Why anyone would want to cover up what little visual real estate we do have with things you don't see when you drive in real life, I don't know. When I drive I look out the windshield. I don't have my instruments covering 45% of my field of view. Playing on a flat screen is bad enough. Covering 45% of it with a dash is even worse. The dash cams are great in SLRE, DR and the Project CARS seat adjustments mean you can get nice and close to the windscreen.

I know lots of people use cockpit cam because it's "hardcore". And I agree. It is very hardcore to unrealistically cover half your artificially limited FOV with a dashboard and make depth perception, sense of speed and car placement more difficult than it already is using a flat screen TV.

I really like the cockpit options in the CM games. They are my favorite of this genre though some cars still don’t get quite close enough (Lancia Delta comes to mind).

I used dash cam primarily in the DiRT series, but just this week I got a monitor stand that gets me right up to the screen and whoa what a difference. It’s the closest I’ve been to feeling like actually being in the car. Before I got the stand I did everything I could to get as close to the front of the car but it always felt like driving from the back seat. Interestingly now dash cam feels like I’m literally resting my head on the dash, and that’s TOO close.

The new stand has made cockpit view in WRC7 vastly improved, but it’s still just a smidge too far back even at ‘close’ and ‘very close’, but it’s still more than acceptable. Getting closer to the screen and having a much better FOV has made my times improve in WRC7.

Haven’t tried SLRE yet. Dash cam was great, but we’ll see about cockpit with the new monitor setup. If my memory serves you can’t adjust the cockpit view like in DR and D4 so I may stick with dash and just push the monitor stand away from me.

...Thrustmaster needs to release a rim with a fixed bidirectional shifter for modern Rally cars. Maybe there’s already something out there like this. I don’t know. I heard the T500 paddles are stationary on the base, but ultimately lack the bidirectional functionality. Oh well. :indiff:
Just started playing this game. Massive fun. As for the paddles, I designed and 3D printed my own. You can see it here.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2844116

This is great news.
What sort of freedom have you got in mind ?

The dream would be to have the majority of rally cars competing in the WRC over the past 50 years, but that's probably not gonna happen.

I would at least appreciate it if they took some inspiration from the F1 Games series and we had a few classic rally cars from each decade to choose from.

This is great news.
What sort of freedom have you got in mind ?

That they would be able to use the WRC license a bit wider than just the actual season. Few classic locations and WRC machinery. Souped up career. Some nice RL footage mixed in. Drone replay camera system and a photomode as a bonus :D

The dream would be to have the majority of rally cars competing in the WRC over the past 50 years, but that's probably not gonna happen.

I would at least appreciate it if they took some inspiration from the F1 Games series and we had a few classic rally cars from each decade to choose from.

Personally I found the 3 catagories of championship in WRC7 to be adequate but I know where your coming from.
But, I think they would have to include whole generations of cars to be able to play from a championship point of view, otherwise it would just be more of a single stage kind of affair, and sadly I can't see them doing that.
I found it disappointing that although the 2016 cars were included in WRC7, you couldn't race them in a championship, even in custom championship mode, or the Porsche.
Im really looking forward to WRC8 👍

I've ran couple this evening and even the short stages are giving a good workout. Does someone know if the camerashaking can be reduced when using bonnetcam?

Started a full career again, round 1.

Your vidéo made me revisit 2 epic stages today. The Monte Carlo and Argentinian one. Those stages are nailbiting and incredible well done. An absolute pleasure to play. Think I'll get back to Wrc7 a bit more in the weeks to come.

I've restarted also. That driving test is pretty hard to get the trophy for but it's done :bowdown:

I'll run a custom WRC2 Championship. I doubt though if I make it a full season.
Completed my Junior WRC Season this afternoon with three wins and the championship. Took the offer of a WRC2 drive and have just won Monte, onto Portugal!

I'm starting a new season too but doing it differently to everyone else, I'm playing WRC 6! Having picked it up with games with gold last month I'm just about to embark on a full season with the 2016 cars!

Although WRC 7 is clearly an improvement, Ive still enjoyed the experience Ive had so far with the lower classes. There are a few different stages to experience too that didn't make the cut to 7, some of which are quite good so perhaps these will be included in 8.

An update on my new career. My first season in WRC started like a dream with wins at Monte and Sweden. Following that a few bad stages at Mexico knocked my confidence and I've only managed 4th, 5th or 6th in the next five rallies to leave me in third place in the championship some 70 points behind Ogier who is leading. Still loving it though! Might try and record some footage and post it here.

I've restarted also. That driving test is pretty hard to get the trophy for but it's done :bowdown:

I'll run a custom WRC2 Championship. I doubt though if I make it a full season.

Dirt4 got in the way and I set up a group B championship. Just started it....That with VR4 and WRC7 should keep me of the streets pretty much fulltime :lol:

Back