WRC 7 Confirmed for September Release, Watch Exclusive New Trailer Right Here

• Thread starter er185es
  • 241 comments
Oh - I wondered how you were doing that.

That makes it easier for using it for h-pattern shifting in other games.

When you put it in sequential mode and connect it directly to the base - it maps as L1/R1 . When you connect it to the console via USB it has it's own mapping. I think it says (Button 49) for me.
I can never be bothered to keep switching between h pattern and sequential, so just use 4th gear. You do have to return it to the centre manually, but I can live with that.

I can never be bothered to keep switching between h pattern and sequential, so just use 4th gear. You do have to return it to the centre manually, but I can live with that.

I avoid manually returning to neutral on my G29 with rubber bands.

IMG-20161224-WA0002.jpeg

Finished Argentina tonight, although winning the round I struggled throughout, particularly the El Condor night stage.

I much preferred Rally Mexico ! Next up Portugal :)

I avoid manually returning to neutral on my G29 with rubber bands.

View attachment 707182

Another instance where the G29 button and overall options prevails over the T300, but I really do like my T300. The FFB in this game is great on the T300. Lots of detail, though I never used the G29 with the new and improved FFB options.

Another instance where the G29 button and overall options prevails over the T300, but I really do like my T300. The FFB in this game is great on the T300. Lots of detail, though I never used the G29 with the new and improved FFB options.

I've seen pics of Thrustmaster shifter rubber-banding as well, I'm 90% sure of it.

My first season in the WRC at hard difficulty is turning out to be a strange one. Sometimes I'm right on the pace then other times I'm hopeless!

Currently 3rd in the table about 15 points adrift from the leader heading into the Italian rally.

Would love to take the title on the first year of my contract with Toyota but damn, the AI are fast.

My first season in the WRC at hard difficulty is turning out to be a strange one. Sometimes I'm right on the pace then other times I'm hopeless!

Currently 3rd in the table about 15 points adrift from the leader heading into the Italian rally.

Would love to take the title on the first year of my contract with Toyota but damn, the AI are fast.

AI is hard , especially if you play without on screen suggestions .

I also see some inconsistencies on Hard. Sweden is one of my worst rallies but I win easily on Hard. In Corsica I hold a world record but can't beat the AI on Hard.

I'm about halfway through, (Rally Poland), my first WRC season driving the Fiesta on Medium difficulty. I'm winning nearly every stage and finishing around 30 seconds ahead on the final day. I'm looking forward to tackling Hard but I know I'm gonna struggle, it's not going to be easy. I think the key is not to panic as it's a long season.

Hi, anyone have some DS4 settings for this game? Default settings had the JWRC feeling like it won't turn, increased sensitivity and it was better but the WRC cars now are way too twitchy. Need some good balanced settings. Thanks.

I'm running default pad settings on xbox. I just put it down to the jwrc being fwd?

In my first wrc season, 6 races in, 4 5th place finishes on hard. Just done Argentina, which was mightily challenging.

I'm running default pad settings on xbox. I just put it down to the jwrc being fwd?

In my first wrc season, 6 races in, 4 5th place finishes on hard. Just done Argentina, which was mightily challenging.

I'm now tackling Rally Poland, the first stage is the epic stage, it's around 15 minutes to complete! I'm finding this one difficult atm, having to time trial practice to learn it, it's really fast.

Kudos for going straight to hard difficulty!

It occurred to me that it would be nice to add another cockpit view. The standard cockpit is too far back even at the ‘very close’ setting for my taste, and the bumper view is starting to make me feel dizzy. Plus bumper view doesn’t give enough sense of where the tires are tracking. And the hood view isn’t my favorite since it’s positioned in the middle of the car.

What I would prefer is the ‘dash’ view in D4. I know Kylotom could add it, as many of the replay angles have the view I’m referring to. Here’s hoping.

Last edited:
It occurred to me that it would be nice to add another cockpit view. The standard cockpit is too far back even at the ‘very close’ setting for my taste, and the bumper view is starting to make me feel dizzy. Plus bumper view doesn’t give enough sense of where the tires are tracking. And the hood view isn’t my favorite since it’s positioned in the middle of the car.

What I would prefer is the ‘dash’ view in D4. I know Kylotom could add it, as many of the reply angles have the view I’m referring to. Here’s hoping.
The best you can do for now is to set the cockpit camera distance to very close in the options menu.

What I would prefer is the ‘dash’ view in D4. I know Kylotom could add it, as many of the replay angles have the view I’m referring to. Here’s hoping.

Back to wishing that Kyloton would consider adding a 'dash' view for a closer FOV. The first image is cockpit view at the 'very close' setting. It's too far back in my opinion.

WRC 7 FIA World Rally Championship_20171211212613.jpg

This view (below) is what I'd like to have. Closer FOV without as much A-pillar. This view came from a replay. It may not seem like much of a difference, but it makes all the difference.

WRC 7 FIA World Rally Championship_20180221123018.jpg

Last edited:
Back to wishing that Kyloton would consider adding a 'dash' view for a closer FOV. The first image is cockpit view at the 'very close' setting. It's too far back in my opinion.

View attachment 716107

This view (below) is what I'd like to have. Closer FOV without as much A-pillar. This view came from a replay. It may not seem like much of a difference, but it makes all the difference.

View attachment 716109
I'd like full FOV and camera/seat position control.

View attachment 716107

View attachment 716109
Yeah I'd agree with you there, that top screenshot is no good unless your sitting close to a very big screen so it would feel like its all around you, on a normal screen its like looking through a tunnel which isn't right

Yeah I'd agree with you there, that top screenshot is no good unless your sitting close to a very big screen so it would feel like its all around you, on a normal screen its like looking through a tunnel which isn't right
Its still better than either SLRE or Dirt (which is the worse of the lot).

Struggling like mad to get my G27 to play nice with this on PC. I’ve dialled back the crazy default FFB settings using those on the previous page but it still doesn’t feel right. The cars won’t pull straight no matter how low I go with the wheel sensitivity or how high I turn up the rotation settings.

Edit: Messed around as close as I could to 2h playtime but it still never felt anywhere near right so I got a Steam refund. Shame as the stages looked great.

Last edited:
Its still better than either SLRE or Dirt (which is the worse of the lot).

DiRT has a decent dash view I use exclusively now. I’ve always been a cockpit guy, but dash seems the way to go in all games for me since I can’t get my rig any closer to my 32” screen. Only other option would be a larger TV someday.

PC2 has a very good cockpit view (I think it’s considered cockpit) with the instruments blurring at higher speeds. Meanwhile GTS has the worst options of the lot in the latest games out there right now.

EDIT

Actually there are monitor stand options available to consider. The RSeat single TV stand option for $369 is a bit ridiculous though.

Last edited:
So after starting my second season of WRC and moving onto hard difficulty I thought I'd restart after a particularly crap stage performance in round 2 Sweden. WARNING! Don't ever try this guy's, starting a new career means...starting the game from scratch, WRC Junior...
So after having a slight tantrum and almost deciding never to play again I soon reluctantly started the 'new' season. Hard difficulty and a change of view, bonnet cam. Its my relegion to always play every driving game using onboard view but after taking part in the Corsica Esport challenge using bonnet view, (found I was faster), I changed my mind. And what a difference, apart from the aforesaid Ive found that I can see a lot more of the wonderful stages for what they are, I'm really appreciating the graphics and noticing a lot more detail, it's like I'm playing the game for the first time again!
So WRC Junior on hard difficulty.. It's absolutely great, I've found that I've had to be absolutely on it everywhere, I've had to rag the poor car to death keeping the revs and corner speed high because it's so slow compared to the other classes. I've had to be on the edge of my limit to win, its been a great feeling!
So WRC Junior season down, now back onto WRC 2 but on hard difficulty, bring it on!!

So after starting my second season of WRC and moving onto hard difficulty I thought I'd restart after a particularly crap stage performance in round 2 Sweden. WARNING! Don't ever try this guy's, starting a new career means...starting the game from scratch, WRC Junior...
So after having a slight tantrum and almost deciding never to play again I soon reluctantly started the 'new' season. Hard difficulty and a change of view, bonnet cam. Its my relegion to always play every driving game using onboard view but after taking part in the Corsica Esport challenge using bonnet view, (found I was faster), I changed my mind. And what a difference, apart from the aforesaid Ive found that I can see a lot more of the wonderful stages for what they are, I'm really appreciating the graphics and noticing a lot more detail, it's like I'm playing the game for the first time again!
So WRC Junior on hard difficulty.. It's absolutely great, I've found that I've had to be absolutely on it everywhere, I've had to rag the poor car to death keeping the revs and corner speed high because it's so slow compared to the other classes. I've had to be on the edge of my limit to win, its been a great feeling!
So WRC Junior season down, now back onto WRC 2 but on hard difficulty, bring it on!!

In my opinion, if you don't have VR or triple-screen then cockpit cams are the most unrealistic cams next to the chase cams. We're already at a disadvantage due to playing on a two-dimensional flat screen. Why anyone would want to cover up what little visual real estate we do have with things you don't see when you drive in real life, I don't know. When I drive I look out the windshield. I don't have my instruments covering 45% of my field of view. Playing on a flat screen is bad enough. Covering 45% of it with a dash is even worse. The dash cams are great in SLRE, DR and the Project CARS seat adjustments mean you can get nice and close to the windscreen.

I know lots of people use cockpit cam because it's "hardcore". And I agree. It is very hardcore to unrealistically cover half your artificially limited FOV with a dashboard and make depth perception, sense of speed and car placement more difficult than it already is using a flat screen TV.

In my opinion, if you don't have VR or triple-screen then cockpit cams are the most unrealistic cams next to the chase cams. We're already at a disadvantage due to playing on a two-dimensional flat screen. Why anyone would want to cover up what little visual real estate we do have with things you don't see when you drive in real life, I don't know. When I drive I look out the windshield. I don't have my instruments covering 45% of my field of view. Playing on a flat screen is bad enough. Covering 45% of it with a dash is even worse. The dash cams are great in SLRE, DR and the Project CARS seat adjustments mean you can get nice and close to the windscreen.

I know lots of people use cockpit cam because it's "hardcore". And I agree. It is very hardcore to unrealistically cover half your artificially limited FOV with a dashboard and make depth perception, sense of speed and car placement more difficult than it already is using a flat screen TV.

Good points. I play using cockpit cam as when they first became available I thought it was cool and the next step! And without too much thought decided it was an authentic experience. I did realise it was harder but felt it was all part of it.
It was watching your video of Corsica that give me the nudge to try a different view, so thanks for that :)
I'm certainly going to try with and without from now on and see how I get on.

Back