WRC 8: General Discussion (Release: september 2019)

I notice a few comments here relating to the use of esports gamers for feedback.

The dev team are using real rally drivers and gamer's to get feedback from both sides. Gamer's require visual and physical feedback that is different from real cars as they work more by feel, games are purely visual, a completely different experience. The wheel FFB offers the physical sensations but needs to be detailed enough to effectively communicate everything that is happening with the car. This is where sim racer theory gets mixed up with fact, in that sense no sim can ever keep everyone happy due to their personal perception of what any given car should feel like.

In this sense, the dev team are working to cover both bases to make a realistic experience that is intuitive for gamers and drivers alike.

Great YouTube channel. Always trust your reviews and feedback.
Best

The dynamic weather looks especially good. Really hoping for 60FPS on console but not holding my breath.

And that first car (can’t see it) sounds like a hive of mad bees. :)

Still, I know what I’ll be playing this fall/winter! 👍

The dynamic weather looks especially good. Really hoping for 60FPS on console but not holding my breath.

And that first car (can’t see it) sounds like a hive of mad bees. :)

Still, I know what I’ll be playing this fall/winter! 👍

Bigben, in a YouTube comment, said that framerate optimization is still on the table for Pro/X. I would read into that as confirmation that consoles will once again suffer with 30fps.

Yeah. And it sounds like he was talking to you over the phone from some different environment, not actually sitting with you in the car.

Glad is not just me. Let's hope they sort it out otherwise this could ruin a perfect game..

Well, it's a recorded sound, so they cannot just change some code and magically sort it out. I guess they will have to re-record pacenotes. We can only hope that they will read the feedback from the comments and react accordingly.

Well, it's a recorded sound, so they cannot just change some code and magically sort it out. I guess they will have to re-record pacenotes. We can only hope that they will read the feedback from the comments and react accordingly.

I just sent them a message on twitter about it, I mentioned GTP for reference. Perhaps others should do the same... 👍

In my experience new co driver always seems worse than it is at first. I hated the calls when I first picked up WRC7, the way he shouted brake was super jarring and some of the rhythm of his calls seemed totally wrong. Eventually I adjusted to his calls. I depend heavily on notes to support my flat out, 110% is better than 90% driving style.

Nicky Grists's Dirt 4 calls still can't be beaten for me though. He is a class act and there's something calming about the Welsh accent.

The codriver seems to be using the same methodology from previous titles but only with a different voice. It’s ok I guess.

Just to reminisce:

“We’re driving on a flat!!”

“A fond!!”

“Turn right 2, BRAKE!!!”

:lol:

Does anyone else find the Argentina "beta" footage a bit suspicious?

• It's from an unknown, non-official source
  • It was uploaded at the same time as the two official videos from Bigben
  • Graphics-wise it looks like a huge step backward comparing it to the Argentina shown on the livestream a couple months ago
  • The sounds are terrible
  • Physics look decent in places but horrible in most of the video, a clear step backward from the livestream
  • Is the WWII-era co-driver final?
I really can't imagine the beta being in a worse state than the alpha. Perhaps it is some internal dev build that was leaked? It definitely doesn't do the game any favors.

Does anyone else find the Argentina "beta" footage a bit suspicious?

• It's from an unknown, non-official source
  • It was uploaded at the same time as the two official videos from Bigben
  • Graphics-wise it looks like a huge step backward comparing it to the Argentina shown on the livestream a couple months ago
  • The sounds are terrible
  • Physics look decent in places but horrible in most of the video, a clear step backward from the livestream
  • Is the WWII-era co-driver final?
I really can't imagine the beta being in a worse state than the alpha. Perhaps it is some internal dev build that was leaked? It definitely doesn't do the game any favors.

Also I would add that I thought the Germany video footage looked sped up ? The car is traveling too fast ?

And all of the replay footage was completely outboard, which I don't believe is correct as although an improvement I can't believe that it will be completely like this, I'm sure it will be a mix like in past games but favouring outside views ?

And further to this I had a message from KT asking me where I saw the footage with the co driver.

Hmmmm.

Not sure about this, the wheel controls were off in wrc7 and doesn't look convincing to me so much here.

Agree, the steering controls in Kylotonn games tend to have a lot of play and feel generally loose. I personally prefer a tighter wheel, but as it stands it takes some time to acclimate but it’s not bad.

We should expect some detailed wheel setting options as in WRC7 and V-Rally 4 which helps tighten up the handling and make steering feel more direct.

Good to hear PS Pro and XB1S are aiming for 60 FPS though I’m guessing it’s going to be 30-60 variable which already seems evident in these videos.

Sure it will be fine, but sometimes variable frame rate can be more disruptive than a locked 30 FPS. We’ll see.

This probably sounds a bit silly but I just hope that they change the gear no. indicator back to green or any other colour other than white as I find it hard to see it without directly looking at it. With WRC 7 I could see what gear I was in out of the corner of my eye, which really helped because if I was really on it and I looked at it for a split second I would invariably end up going off line or crashing !

And replace that horrible co driver !!

The career mode looks surprisingly in-depth. Lots of menu footage at 3:03:30.

Amazon says September 3rd.

Screenshot_20190617-142259.png Screenshot_20190617-133103.png Screenshot_20190617-141639.png Screenshot_20190617-135644.png Screenshot_20190617-135425.png Screenshot_20190617-140548.png Screenshot_20190617-140603.png Screenshot_20190617-140927.png Screenshot_20190617-140920.png Screenshot_20190617-141021.png Screenshot_20190617-141009.png

Back