WRC 8: General Discussion (Release: september 2019)

That is exactly how it was explained in one of the early reveal videos a few months ago.

I must have remembered that subliminally then. hehe

Hopefully WRC games have a decent sale on sometime soon so I can pick up a copy of 7 and get a better idea what to expect. I know I missed the last one they had earlier in the summer.

Unfortunately it looks like all consoles will run the game at 30fps. Shocking that they do 4k @ 30fps on Xbox One X but can't do a mode with 1080p @ 60fps.

Screenshot_20190805-201953.png

@Pfei that's disappointing, are you sure ?
I was looking forward to 60fps on my XB1X, I thought they said they were going to implement it for the higher power consoles ?

@Pfei that's disappointing, are you sure ?
I was looking forward to 60fps on my XB1X, I thought they said they were going to implement it for the higher power consoles ?

That's what they said on the FB page. Who knows if they will surprise us and pull off a framerate mode.

They never said it was a given, only that they were trying to target 60 fps on Pro and X. Looks like, for now, they haven't been able to do it.

I had to upgrade my nine year old laptop for work. Spent a few extra dollars to get a gaming laptop. So if WRC 8 is 30fps on the Pro then I will go with the Steam version.

What improvement ?

The co driver is absolutely awful. As much as it pains me to say it I prefer the old one. I'm really looking forward to this game but at the same time I'm not due to the absolutely rubbish choice they have made.

Did any of you play WRC7? Co driver is light years ahead.

I agree, but he isn't perfect either, a bit robotic but after a while I got used to him. Certainly much better than this new guy. I'm not looking forward to listening to this new bloke for the next 6 months. It probably doesn't help that I'm playing Dirt Rally atm listening to the voice of Mr Coleman.

@Pfei At first 'a fond' was quite annoying but in the end I found it quite endearing.

Not crazy about this new guy either, but at least I can hear him better now.

As far as robotic, it’s improved from WRC6/7 but still feels calculated and strict.

DiRT has the co-driver much better implemented, though there are occasions in DR2.0 where Phil gets a little dramatic and delays calls. For example when you are going through a fast section and approaching a tight turn he calls the fast corners in quick succession and then waits to say “AAAAND ONE RIGHT”. Can’t stand that.

After the pre-order stuff, and what 30fps on the XBoneX implies for a PS4 Slim, I'm not quite so sure about this game anymore. But it still looks too good to pass up.

Nice to get a look at a snowy stage in the Monte Carlo video above...but is that player just out for a Sunday drive? :P

Interesting to see the 2016 Polo WRC there. Multi season championships?

I hope so but I doubt it based on WRC7. I asked the question on their Twitter page but they ignored me.. If you can't race the classic cars in a championship then I personally don't see the point of them.

Jolly good show chaps.

lol where did they get that co pilot from? Gran turismo five had a good co pilot. It sounded like a live recording. All crackly and raw.

Actually I didn’t mind the codriver in V-Rally 4. Wonder why they didn’t go with that guy. Too American sounding? This new guy sounds like he’s ready for retirement.

I don’t know if anyone has ever played Tour de France ‘18, but I’m almost positive it’s the same guy that does the voice overs in that game.

Actually I didn’t mind the codriver in V-Rally 4. Wonder why they didn’t go with that guy. Too American sounding? This new guy sounds like he’s ready for retirement.

I was thinking that, he sounded very relaxed which is fine, and crucially, not in the slightest bit irritating !!

So you only get two of six pre-2010 cars if you don't pre-order a digital copy or the collector's edition for the RWD Legends and Legendary Car packs...that's pretty scummy. :ouch:

I don't like it, but I might go all-in, based on what you guys have said about Kylotonn's DLC pricing.

Co-driver sounds better than before for sure. I imagine I'll get used to him.

Still really looking forward to it.

......and wait, what? Open World? I gotta binge all these videos you guys are posting asap! Now I can't wait to get home from work, more so than usual :)

Co-driver sounds better than before for sure. I imagine I'll get used to him.

Still really looking forward to it.

......and wait, what? Open World? I gotta binge all these videos you guys are posting asap! Now I can't wait to get home from work, more so than usual :)

It's not exactly open world. Free roam would be a better word. You have to stay on the roads. But there are a lot of them, both asphalt and dirt, and it will be a cool way to test setups.

@Pfei I've been watching a few of the thronefull guys videos too and I can see that compared to 7 the graphics/stages are much improved, they seem so packed full of detail and objects but the biggest improvement for me , (minus the co driver!), is the car sounds, particularly the WRC2 class. They sound correct, the same as watching the WRC on TV ! They all sound different to each other, even the anti lag sounds right. I can't wait to get my hands on this, it's looking quite special :)

I particularly like the Monte Carlo epic stage, wow.

Back