Wrong to move to xbox?

United States
United States
Hey guys, enlight of the latest announcement of GTS I am feeling a bit disappointed. I feel as if this will be nothing more than a rebadged Prologe game centered around the FIA partnership. ..this also means that the actual GT7 could still be years away.

ive been playing GT6 for 2 years now and I still enjoy it immensely...thing is I am ready to jump to Next Gen and I just dont feel PD is taking the next gen seriously....Forza has already released numerous Forza games and both look amazing while we are left to only look forward to PDs demo if you will....

need some advice from some of you here, maybe those of you who have played the Forza series..

am I wrong for potentially switching to Xbox1 this holiday season?

btw, ive seen the trailer and im not impressed with what ive seen. The graphics look, atleast to me, nothing more than a slightly higher res verison of GT6.

For me, most important game in world is GT... But am fan of Playstation form 1998 when I first time play PS and it has great place in my heart. All PS home console gived me a loot of fun and fantastic game. Am still on PS3 and wont shift on PS4 jet. When GT7 goes out I will switch... Until than i will play GT6, FIFA 16, Mortal Kombat, F1, Uncharted on PS3. GT sport look good for me, real, dont like plastic graphic from Forza series and even Driveclub look plastic and cartoonish some times.

For me, most important game in world is GT... But am fan of Playstation form 1998 when I first time play PS and it has great place in my heart. All PS home console gived me a loot of fun and fantastic game. Am still on PS3 and wont shift on PS4 jet. When GT7 goes out I will switch... Until than i will play GT6, FIFA 16, Mortal Kombat, F1, Uncharted on PS3. GT sport look good for me, real, dont like plastic graphic from Forza series and even Driveclub look plastic and cartoonish some times.

I am with ya here. Been on Playstation and GT since 1998...However I dont have the anxiety of switching consoles like some people do. I am fine with leaving Playstation and GT as long as the Forza series is better.

Hey guys, enlight of the latest announcement of GTS I am feeling a bit disappointed. I feel as if this will be nothing more than a rebadged Prologe game centered around the FIA partnership. ..this also means that the actual GT7 could still be years away.

ive been playing GT6 for 2 years now and I still enjoy it immensely...thing is I am ready to jump to Next Gen and I just dont feel PD is taking the next gen seriously....Forza has already released numerous Forza games and both look amazing while we are left to only look forward to PDs demo if you will....

need some advice from some of you here, maybe those of you who have played the Forza series..

btw, ive seen the trailer and im not impressed with what ive seen. The graphics look, atleast to me, nothing more than a slightly higher res verison of GT6.
From what I hear, FM6 is good, so you may look into getting that just to hold you over until GTS (though I have a feeling GTS is going to be a pretty substantial game in itself). There's also the Master Chief Collection, which, now that it's been patched to hell and back, is actually pretty sweet. And then there's the November update that's coming soon, which will completely revamp the experience and add backwards compatibility, allowing you to play all of the Mass Effect Original Trilogy (highly, highly, highly recommended, BTW - it's my second-favorite franchise behind GT).

So yeah. It's a pretty good time to get an Xbox.

It's your choice dude, but let me tell you my experience about that so bear with me lol...Over a year ago, I decided to buy an Xbox One for Forza simply because after 8 months of playing GT6 since launch, I just simply wasn't happy with what Polyphony was doing to the franchise at that time. So I bought Forza 5 and Horizon 2 last year and the experience was...different (bear in mind I also play with a wheel on both consoles). While I liked Horizon 2 and now Forza 6, I didn't really "enjoy" it. My experience with Horizon 2 and now Forza 6 isn't memorable as GT's. I am the type of racer that does intense clean close races and the Forza community doesn't offer that to me. First off, the online in Forza 6 is absolute trash like 5 and Horizon 2 (for all you people that have FM6, I know there's a league system, but to me, just having 1 league event with contact of cars does no good to me). Hell, it doesn't even have an open lobby system at all. Now to my point...after watching the new GTS trailer that came out yesterday, I then realized this...while I like Forza 6 and its franchise, my heart and soul is always stuck with Gran Turismo ever since I was little.

My recommendation would be to stay patient. I know it's still a long way to go before GTS comes out, but don't waste your money like I did (from my experience at least). ;)

If I were you I would wait for more information of GT Sport to come up, I mean we only learned about its existence a day ago, However, you are entitled to buy whatever fits your desires whenever you want to.

Don't forget that you can also play Project Cars and soon Assetto Corsa on the PS4 to tide you over. They may not be on GT's level in some ways, especially in volume of content, but in other ways they far exceed anything put out by PD so far and are extremely enjoyable.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I appreciate it..reading each reply thoroughly!

I will DEFINITELY be conducting a "dogfight" between the two. Cant wait for more info, screens and videos to comeout for GTS, than I will make the best possible decision I can make and I will make sure to really look at every aspect of both games. Its going to be a fight. I guess ill bring this thread back when I make the decision....

p.s. I wont be buying both systems as its just TOO expensive for both. So which ever console I choose it'll be forever hold my peace.

If GT Sport is really going to be a small(er) game compared to a full-on GT7, it's highly unlikely it'll have the car and track numbers of FM6. Physics are also a big question mark.

If you're seriously on the fence at this early stage, it's probably worth waiting. It wouldn't hurt, since things will only get cheaper as time goes on. As others have mentioned, not only are there other games besides GT and Forza to consider, there's also the option of selling one system to get the other if you're not sure. Especially considering it's not incredibly easy to get a wheel compatible with both.

I went ahead and got the XB1 for FM6 and a cheap wheel but was on the fence for a long time. I hate to spend the cash on a PS4 also but will wait and see what the game shapes up to look like. Hopefully I will be able to use my Fanatec CSR Elite with it which would be a big selling point for me. The wheel I have for the XB1 works but it is a far cry from the one I have used for all my other racing games.

I'd say disappointing is an understatement, imo anyway.

Honestly, as a PS4 owner, I'd say go with Xbox One. Theres not much that the PS4 has to offer that the Xbone doesn't already have... Ill probably keep my PS4 console as a mantle piece ornament and grab the Xbox + Forza bundle in the next few weeks.

Yes it would be. Especially after GTS announcement for next year. PS4 has good racing games already like DC, Pcars, WRC, F1 2015 already and the new NFS game too if you are interested. So you are only missing Forza. Especially if you are into online PS4 has much bigger community.

Yes it would be. Especially after GTS announcement for next year. PS4 has good racing games already like DC, Pcars, WRC, F1 2015 already and the new NFS game too if you are interested. So you are only missing Forza. Especially if you are into online PS4 has much bigger community.
The Xbox side has PCARS, WRC, F1 2015 and NFS too...

The Xbox side has PCARS, WRC, F1 2015 and NFS too...

Yes those are multiplats. That is why I said he is missing out only on Forza. You don't have to play every racing game out there 💡 Unless the player wants a big roster of cars .Then I guess Forza6 is the only option for now.

If you are currently playing with a controller I would get a PS4 compatible wheel with the XBone money - it totally transforms the immersion and enjoyment. Then get a PS4 later when the price has dropped further and play some of the excellent racing titles on that while waiting for GT. If you are thinking about a wheel don't wait for GT as the increased demand when new GT titles are launched has historically caused the price to rise steeply.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I appreciate it..reading each reply thoroughly!

I will DEFINITELY be conducting a "dogfight" between the two. Cant wait for more info, screens and videos to comeout for GTS, than I will make the best possible decision I can make and I will make sure to really look at every aspect of both games. Its going to be a fight. I guess ill bring this thread back when I make the decision....

p.s. I wont be buying both systems as its just TOO expensive for both. So which ever console I choose it'll be forever hold my peace.
Do you plan on playing other games? If so multi-platform games generally run better on PS4. Also I find the DS4 a better controller. You also get much better gameplay video capturing function for free than the one you pay for on Xbox. Also speed of console and finding things seems a lot quicker although new update to Xbox One coming next month should make it more competitive.

I find DRIVECLUB much more fun, looks better and has better handling and controls than any Forza game I've played so far on Xbox One.

OP: Get whatever you think you'll have fun with. Don't bother asking anyone else, everyone has their own stupid reasons for wanting to convince you to spend money on whichever company they've decided to act as unpaid salesman for.

Rent/borrow someone's Xbox, play Forza for a few hours and see if you're still smiling. If so, probably buy. If not, probably not.

Easy.

I find DRIVECLUB much more fun, looks better and has better handling and controls than any Forza game I've played so far on Xbox One.

:rolleyes:

You are the only person I have seen so far that has described Driveclub as simulation.

I am the type of racer that does intense clean close races and the Forza community doesn't offer that to me. First off, the online in Forza 6 is absolute trash like 5 and Horizon 2 (for all you people that have FM6, I know there's a league system, but to me, just having 1 league event with contact of cars does no good to me)
Then it seems like you might be playing with the wrong people, as everything you are describing is not a Forza isolated incident, but more rather an incident that effects every single online game ever.

:rolleyes:

You are the only person I have seen so far that has described Driveclub as simulation.
It's exactly as Paul describes it for me: Link

It's somewhere in the middle between Simulation and Arcade and also I do think they have found the sweet spot in the controls for DS4 and hope PD implement something similar for GT SPORT.

It's somewhere in the middle between Simulation and Arcade and also I do think they have found the sweet spot in the controls for DS4 and hope PD implement something similar for GT SPORT.
From our demo session, the aim seems to be upper-end arcade; cars are mostly sturdy and corner well, but they can slide out enthusiastically if the line is missed. For me, the effect is somewhere between Forza Horizon and, say, Need For Speed: Most Wanted.

If you enjoy GT6 immensely, as you say, then I think you should at least wait and see what GT Sport truly is about. I recently bought an Xbox One for FM6 because I gradually felt my long-term expectations of GT6 weren't being met. I prefer FM6 over GT6 by a small margin, but you should not expect FM6 to have all the answers simply because there already are two Forza Motorsport titles for this console generation. That should only influence your decision if you're getting impatient and tired of GT6. And don't be fooled by FM6 graphics, especially not official screenshots. The graphics aren't consistently impressive. On the other hand, it's too early to judge GT Sport graphics.

Last edited:

Several other members recently have had the same question and have swapped over to F6 and the X1. Most of them seem very happy with the decision. Plus you also get to play Forza Horizon 2. F6 and FH2 are truly great games. I would highly recommend checking them out. Also keep in mind with new console purchases you have anywhere from 14-30 days to return the product for a full, no questions asked, return policy. So you can check it out, if you are not happy, return it for a full refund. The games you would have to trade in, but the console would be a 100% refund if you are not happy. :)

I personally do NOT recommend Forza 5. Make sure to get Forza 6.

@Johnnypenso That's what Keith thinks.

Anywhere here is a video of DRIVECLUB:

I lost two tenths in first sector due to losing traction on exit of the left hand corner. It feels so good on the limit, best game with pad I've ever played.

I wouldn't put much stock in it; I've seen less agenda in a stationary store.

@CAMAROBOY69 makes a good point, @johnnyman123 : most stores accept a console return no questions asked. You could also take the One out for a test drive while you wait to see what GTS is shaping up to be.

The guy you linked thinks it's somewhere on the arcade side of Forza Horizon. Horizon is designed to be on the arcade side of Motorsport.

And yet you're saying that Driveclub has better handling than both.

I can understand and possibly agree with Driveclub being better looking, having better controls, and being more fun (although Horizon is pretty hilarious). But better handling? Unless better means "more arcade-like", then just no.

Maybe you're judging it purely on how enjoyable the handling model is to drive. That's how arcade physics models should be judged. But I think on a GT board, in a discussion about GT and Forza, it's reasonable to assume when talking about handling that "better" is "more realistic". If that's not the case, then please correct me.

If you do think that Driveclub is more realistic to drive than Forza, you're wrong.

The aim then, is authenticity but not simulation. "It sits in the middle between simulation and arcade," clarifies Rustchynsky.

The guy you linked thinks it's somewhere on the arcade side of Forza Horizon. Horizon is designed to be on the arcade side of Motorsport.

And yet you're saying that Driveclub has better handling than both.

I can understand and possibly agree with Driveclub being better looking, having better controls, and being more fun (although Horizon is pretty hilarious). But better handling? Unless better means "more arcade-like", then just no.

Maybe you're judging it purely on how enjoyable the handling model is to drive. That's how arcade physics models should be judged. But I think on a GT board, in a discussion about GT and Forza, it's reasonable to assume when talking about handling that "better" is "more realistic". If that's not the case, then please correct me.

If you do think that Driveclub is more realistic to drive than Forza, you're wrong.
That is article writer but I linked to it for quotes included of what Paul said.

I find it more realistic than GT6 if that adds anything to it. This is a good way to describe how it feels:
Paul Rustchynsky
"It's grounded in realism, so the cars have a sense of weight, a tactile feel with the road, but we want to make sure it's easy to throw them around the corners, it's all about having fun with the cars."

Back