Wrong to move to xbox?

You are the perfect example of the type of person who is fast in a video game, and assumes they know a lot about real world driving because of it.

Your "method" is guess-work. Nothing more. Presenting it as anything other than that is misleading, so you can stop now.
It works in real world too for me which seems a bit surreal.

Why do I need to stop if I'm not presenting it in a misleading way like requested?
It means nothing to anyone that uses actual information and actual experiences.

I've never known anyone so willing to be so wrong, yet be fine with it.
I'm fine being "wrong".
Out of curiosity do you actually drive, Saidur?
Not that often.

Eh... I don't currently see any reason to but a PS4 or an Xbone. Forza 6 and Horizon 2 look great, but not a big enough step up on their 360 predecessors to justify the step up, while GT Sport will have to really impress me to change my view that Gran Turismo peaked in 1999. I'm not someone who plays that many games. I have a small number of games I play myself to kill time* (GT, Forza 4, SimCity 4, GTA 5, Sonic Generations, a couple of others maybe), but usually I'm too busy to play any games by myself.

I enjoy playing games with other people. If I could get more of my friends together regularly I'd probably get a Wii U. With Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Bayonetta, New Super Mario, Mario Maker etc. that thing's like the perfect party machine. Sadly most of my friends are either too busy or live too far away for such a purchase to be worthwhile.

*And by kill time I probably mean somewhere between 5-20 hours a month. Not that much.
The Wii U is terribly underrated, but one thing it's certainly no good for is racing games, much less simulators. Mario Kart 8 is a sublime kart racer and there's also Most Wanted 2012 if you're a fan of today's NFS games, but other than that there's nothing worth noting except for the exclusive FAST Racing Neo which is supposed to release in the next couple months.

That's why I, too, am on the fence with the PS4 or XBone (or a PC; this laptop may need to be replaced soon). There just aren't enough appealing games on either platform to justify a secondary console after the Wii U.

I finally got a PS4 about 3 months back. Having owned all Playstations (now), I was a bit sceptical, coming from last generation. I owned both - a PS3 and an XBOX360. To be honest, I kinda hated my PS3 - I would always buy multiplat games on X360 over PS. Infact, the only 4 games I played on PS3 were - GT5 / MGS4 / UnCharted 2 & GT6. And those I loved passionately. But I must've played atleast 30 games on X360. I loved the microsoft console because of a lot of reasons.

Then the new gen came along and I was a bit scared buying PS4. Then I did my own research and apart from Forza (series), I just felt XB-One had nothing for me. I'm not that much into Halo and MGSV is just better optimised for PS (always). I got a good deal and I made the jump to PS4. Since I've bought it, I've finished Last of US (remastered), pCARS and just platinum'd MGSV yesterday (thats combined time of more than 500 hours of gameplay on PS4) in only 3 months. I have to say I'm genuinely obsessed with it.
I have seen pCARS on my pals X1 and I feel it does feel a lot OFF compared to the smoothness on PS4. And pCARS is a fantastic driving / racing game (especially if you have a wheel, if you don't you should look into getting one, you won't regret it). I've played DriveClub also and as nice a game as it is, it's not a reason enough to buy a PS4 for. Forza is something I'm going to miss out on, but it's okay. As much as I loved FM2 and FM4 - I will wait, - in the hope that GT Sport and 7 will eventually make up for it. Until then, there's pCARS (for driving games), I'm guessing Assetto Corsa and a bunch of amazing Rally games to keep me busy (and how can I forget, Uncharted 4).

Go ahead man, take the leap. PS4 is a brilliant console. The small details - the ones that matter for any casual to hardcore gamer are present. And my friend who owns an XB1, envies me for having one :) :P

Don't expect to get a different experience when playing the Xbox ONE, it feels exactly the same as playing a PS4. So really, you can only choose based off their exclusives and if GT doesn't interest you, then I say, join the Xbox.

All the Wii U needs is a Racing Sim like Forza and GT, then I'd have no reason to buy another Xbox or PS.

Glad I got my XBONE and F6. I don't play it that often but, that's by choice. My PS3 and GT6 are in a box, never to be seen again. I enjoy F6. The variety of cars is awesome. Plus the tracks and number of cars on track.

I'll get the PS4 when GTS drops. I'm patient.

I tried FM6, I thought it would buy some time between now and the next gran turismo relesae, bought the game, the console and the TX.

A week later returned all but the Xbox.

FM6 is definitely no where near the quality of GT. Anyone saying otherwise definitely has rose colored glasses on.

FM6 is definitely a game if you are into customizing cars though.

Ironic?

Maybe you can elaborate?
Well considering the horribly inconsistent quality between the cars available, to the quality of more then half of the car list.

You'd be correct if you're strictly talking about Premiums, and Premiums only. Still the models in both games aren't too far off from each other, it's just that Forza achieves consistent high quality throughout the game. Both games have their faults, but it seems like you're the one with the rose tinted glasses if you're going to go on about quality like that, while completely ignoring the lack there of in certain aspects of the game.

Last edited:
I jumped to Xbox, wish I had done it years ago. Love everything about the xone and find FM6 years ahead of GT. enough so I'm not coming back to get or play station.

...Currently I'm seriously considering Xbone, for one reason only: Fallout 4 and Use-created mod support.

I was waiting for GT7 announcement to help me sway either way, but now with GTS thingymajigy, I'm beginning to lean on further into the direction of MS's baby.

If there will be more concrete info dropping on PSX thing in San Fran, then I think that'll definitely make up my mind.

I think.

Saying you're disappointed with GTS without knowing anything about the game is a little early, you could buy and Xbox tomorrow and hear something about GTS that will make you want a PS4 again.

Wait until closer to release, and we know GTS will have more content than a "prologue" game would, regardless, we do not know how much content so we cannot say we're disappointed unless we have more information regarding the game.

Judging by the statement made by Sony, GTS could include Premium only, which would make sense to say "it's not as big as GT7",this is just a blind guess.

Just video card upgrade is required then it make sense otherwise building a new PC is not worth it. I was considering it but a console + decent TV is a good combination. Moreover there is no GT or Forza type game on PC.

Just video card upgrade is required then it make sense otherwise building a new PC is not worth it. I was considering it but a console + decent TV is a good combination. Moreover there is no GT or Forza type game on PC.
You also gain access to a much wider library of games that doesn't exist on any console. A PC also supports older peripherals when a console decides to just drop it.

You also gain access to a much wider library of games that doesn't exist on any console. A PC also supports older peripherals when a console decides to just drop it.

I am sure at some point people will move on from DFGT, G25 anyways :P

If rfactor2 would have been really big as it was suppose to be or if Microsoft launches Forza in Win10 then may be more people will also consider PC.

Last edited:
I am sure at some point people will move on from DFGT, G25 anyways :P

If rfactor2 would have been really big as it was suppose to be or if Microsoft launches Forza in Win10 then may be more people will also consider PC.
Point is that if you go pc you don't have to throw your perfectly good peripherals into the basement or try to sell them to someone else. Combined with the library of older games, free online, wider range of peripherals including endless mix and match, endless modding in some games etc. and pc gaming can be quite attractive for some people. Not everyone of course, different strokes and all that...

Gran Turismo needs cross platform support, only way it will start getting big sales numbers again.
...That would destroy the point of it's exclusivity.

Of course, if MS decided to launch Forza 7 or something to Windows, then I wouldn't mind if GT made a PC port.

...That would destroy the point of it's exclusivity.

Of course, if MS decided to launch Forza 7 or something to Windows, then I wouldn't mind if GT made a PC port.

exclusivity who cares about that any more? the only real exclusive games no days are either Nintendo products or PC only games,

I can say the same for Forza, if Microsoft made that cross platform i honestly believe it would kill other games in just sales alone (in Australia we would go nuts, many PS4 owners would buy forza for the sony purly for the whole V8 Supercars license)

For me it would be no brainer, get used xbone now play fm6, sell, get used ps4 later play gt.BUT since I play with a wheel you'll need to commit to a platform. I'm leaning towards ps4 since TM released the Ferrari alcantera wheel. If same wheel was available for xbone I would go that route and then sell the console and the wheel base an get the ps4 console and base with gts.
I jumped to Xbox, wish I had done it years ago. Love everything about the xone and find FM6 years ahead of GT. enough so I'm not coming back to get or play station.

Years ahead literally.

exclusivity who cares about that any more? the only real exclusive games no days are either Nintendo products or PC only games,

I can say the same for Forza, if Microsoft made that cross platform i honestly believe it would kill other games in just sales alone (in Australia we would go nuts, many PS4 owners would buy forza for the sony purly for the whole V8 Supercars license)
Actually exclusives is the only true thing that separates PS4 and Xbox ONE. If you aren't buying one for the exclusives then your buying it solely because it says PS or Xbox, or your buying it because all of your friends are buying it.

MS would get no profit if for some reason they releasesed Forza on PS4, infact it would just be doing Sony favours as it means more money for them.

I got an Xbox One a week ago, been playing Forza and some other stuff on it. I dont feel like it's any different from playing GT6 qualitywise, both games feel equally good to me (even though I really prefer Forza's paint editor). It's just that GT6 plays like a Gran Turismo and Forza plays like a Need For Speed (with slightly more realistic driving physics I guess).

The only difference on the two consoles are the games available for it. I personally won't buy a PS4 for GTS, I want to want the game first.

Why miss out on either? Play get both and enjoy best both offer. Play em all and spend most time which ever suits you best.

Dc NfS forza Gt Horizen why miss any of them? Brand loyalty come on.

Virtually nothing is known about GT Sport, so I'd say it's wrong to make the decision based on what we're guessing that GT Sport will or will not be.

i had a new Xbox One for a couple weeks and ended up getting my money back it gave me nothing but problems just such a frustrating console

A gaming forum is probably the worst place to ask which console you should buy.:lol:

Seriously though, it depends what kind of games you're into. If you weren't interested in any of either console's exclusives, and couldn't afford a half decent PC, I'd say go PS4, just because the multiplats will be a little bit better. If you're into Halo, Gears and Forza, go X1 for sure. One thing to remember though, is the PS4 is selling so well that dev support will be best on that console for the foreseeable future. Think PS2 days, except PS2 had inferior hardware to Xbox, PS4 doesn't.

If I was to go on my opinion alone, I'd say get a PS4 just for No Man's Sky, that game looks genuinely brilliant, and a much needed breath of fresh air among the CODs of this world.

Last edited:
Back