WRS Pit Stop - Chit Chat thread.

• Thread starter CFM
  • 568 comments
Well, first of all, theres no secret or such thing behind the idea i want to suicide. Its simple. Im not depressed or anything, for the fact i will never earn enough to pay my start at racing, so my life starts to be pointless, because i will always want it so much and i will never acquire it.

I don´t see a point in keeping a life and never being happy. I don´t care to material things or money like, i just wish the happiness, and theres no other way for me to get it if not by being a racer and competing.

Well, its not much hard to understand, no one of course agreeded with my idea of suiciding and few people have got to understand me, but anyways i have my reasons to do it and some of them is what i said right above.

fasj6418
in australia, is it a dry heat, or do you guys have nice things like wind and humidity?

all of the above... today for example it hit around 35° C which wasn't too bad but it was nearly 100% humidity so that made it a little more interesting...

My Max Drive Arrived today 👍 . I think I worked out how to work it, could anyone be able to check this for me? It should be El Captain with the Zonda for week 37. I'd appreiciate any comments if it does work.

Attachments

• CasioWeek37.max
    23.9 KB · Views: 8
Okay, well as others have said I guess you've put some thought into this decision and it sounds like many folk have tried to talk you out of it, so I won't ramble on but here's a few things to consider:

1. You're 18. How can you come to the conclusion that you will never be able to afford to be a race driver? Do you work? Are you still in school? What have you done to work towards your goal?

2. You don't have a terminal disease. I know two people who have untreatable terminal diseases who have had to go through the process of coming to terms with their imminent death.

3. Family and close friends. What about those close to you? Have you considered the impact this has on them? How are they to deal with this decision, how are they to make sense of it. An action that takes you as little as a few minutes will impact the rest of their lives it will permanently alter the lives of those who love you.

4. What have you got to lose by living. If you are "strong" enough to take your own life then surely you're strong enough to give your life to get your goal. If my only ambition in life was to become a race driver then I can assure you I would attempt to move heaven and earth to get there. Have you written to every car manufacturer and race team on the planet yet? Have you knocked on all the doors you can get to on your limited budget? Have you made some kind of resume noting your skills? Have you actually done everything you can to get to your goal?

5. What have you got to gain by dying. Without getting into a religious discussion, what do you believe is going to happen to you once you're dead?

I know others have spoken to you about this but I don't think your decision has had enough thought behind it. Unless you're leaving out something from your reasons it is an incorrect decision for you to come to. You should consider carefully the points I've raised.

Does anybody else think that this is a highly inappropriate subject matter in a public forum related to a video game?

Casio
Does anybody else think that this is a highly inappropriate subject matter in a public forum related to a video game?

Are you suggesting we start a new suicide thread here at GTP?

Where would you suggest we try to convince one of our comerades not to freaking kill himself? We already moved the discussion out of the main thread.

I agree with bbq but I guess it's not our decision, if mods want it not to be discussed then so be it.

As for your lap Casio, you've uploaded it fine, I just watched it, fairly close on two corners but it's a clean 1'39.506 lap of El Capitan in the Zonda 👍

bbq0801
Are you suggesting we start a new suicide thread here at GTP?

Where would you suggest we try to convince one of our comerades not to freaking kill himself? We already moved the discussion out of the main thread.
Oh sorry, I forgot this was 'Chit Chat'.

I'm just saying that this is a forum with many children/teenages as active users. And I don't think it is appropriate for someone to say, (At the age of 18 no less) that they are going to kill themself because life didn't go the way they wanted.

EDIT: Thanks Weary, I appreiciate it. If I remember that last corner was awfully close, I think I looked away from the screen or something stupid....

Casio
Oh sorry, I forgot this was 'Chit Chat'.

I'm just saying that this is a forum with many children/teenages as active users. And I don't think it is appropriate for someone to say, (At the age of 18 no less) that they are going to kill themself because life didn't go the way they wanted.

You would be suprised how many of these teens would have thought about it, maybe not seriously, but at least thought about it because their life isnt going how they want it.

Small_Fryz
You would be suprised how many of these teens would have thought about it, maybe not seriously, but at least thought about it because their life isnt going how they want it.

yes, i personally know some girls and guys who have tried to suicide before, for thousands of different reasons, so they obviously understand me, at least half part, and they also don´t agree to what i want to do(to kill myself).

MisterWeary
Okay, well as others have said I guess you've put some thought into this decision and it sounds like many folk have tried to talk you out of it, so I won't ramble on but here's a few things to consider:

1. You're 18. How can you come to the conclusion that you will never be able to afford to be a race driver? Do you work? Are you still in school? What have you done to work towards your goal?

2. You don't have a terminal disease. I know two people who have untreatable terminal diseases who have had to go through the process of coming to terms with their imminent death.

3. Family and close friends. What about those close to you? Have you considered the impact this has on them? How are they to deal with this decision, how are they to make sense of it. An action that takes you as little as a few minutes will impact the rest of their lives it will permanently alter the lives of those who love you.

4. What have you got to lose by living. If you are "strong" enough to take your own life then surely you're strong enough to give your life to get your goal. If my only ambition in life was to become a race driver then I can assure you I would attempt to move heaven and earth to get there. Have you written to every car manufacturer and race team on the planet yet? Have you knocked on all the doors you can get to on your limited budget? Have you made some kind of resume noting your skills? Have you actually done everything you can to get to your goal?

5. What have you got to gain by dying. Without getting into a religious discussion, what do you believe is going to happen to you once you're dead?

I know others have spoken to you about this but I don't think your decision has had enough thought behind it. Unless you're leaving out something from your reasons it is an incorrect decision for you to come to. You should consider carefully the points I've raised.

Well, first of all i think its quite impossible, at least in my monetary conditions, to be earning around 7 - 10 k or more, with 20, 25 years old or even 30. When i can´t earn this, then i can´t start on karting, because the good karting champs and the ones you start with are ALOT expensive also and, many of you guys know that, the start is always for YOURSELF, you pay it, to later, after some seat time, after some wins, after some etc, then you will look for sponsors, wich is hard to acquire but POSSIBLE.

I have talked to many people and almost all the type of drivers and people yet. From seeing their situations, from talking to them, listening to their opinions, i´ve got the conclusion that i have basically no chances to grow up in motorsport. My only wish and dream was to find a way to start, then, to have chances to win races or the championship at least, even 2 % of chances. So, i would work like the hell to be the champion, and so to grow up and go to a better category. But this is out of my monetary reach.

Many of you guys know what i said about the drivers of today. What you see in F1 and in many(if not all) categories of motorsport is drivers(not all of them, but a great part for sure)that are rich enough to start, drivers that have a whole enterprise paying his expenses on the start and on his whole career, drivers who are not that much good but they have unbelievable sponsors on their back or even, some drivers that are thousands of years racing and racing, but they are rich and they are so bad that they can´t grow up(like alex yooung and thomas enge)!

Saying that "oh you have to work for it, to fight for it" is not that simple, as to give a fast lap around the circuit. Sometimes you have to think that maybe you can work for it and earn 20k because you´re in a different condition, maybe sometimes if you had born rich enough, so you don´t need to work for it and you can have an unbelievable start of career with top equipments and an amazing racing team(if not your own team, like Nelson Piquet Jr. had done in F3).

Well, i think i had said most of what i remembered, but thats what i think of it at least.

You haven't really addressed any of the points I've mentioned it seems that you have one track, one mode of thinking and that's racing. I think you need to carefully consider the points I've raised.

Compromise.

Pretty much your saying, 'I don't have enough money to do what I want'. Guess what, everybody else has had that problem. I always wanted to be a Vet, then a couple of years ago I realised that their was no way my family could afford to send me to medical school. So instead, I got a job at the local Dog Kennels, which is fantastic and I love it.

What I'm saying is, lets face it, not many people are going to be top-line, world famous, racing car chaps. It's like dreaming of becoming an astronaut; in 99% of cases it isn't going to happen. But instead, being only 18 with your whole life ahead of you, you could easily try to get into 'racing mechcanics', or designing or something like that.

But if you've made your decision, well, good luck mate.

veilsidebr
Well, first of all, theres no secret or such thing behind the idea i want to suicide. Its simple. Im not depressed or anything, for the fact i will never earn enough to pay my start at racing, so my life starts to be pointless, because i will always want it so much and i will never acquire it.

I don´t see a point in keeping a life and never being happy. I don´t care to material things or money like, i just wish the happiness, and theres no other way for me to get it if not by being a racer and competing.

Well, its not much hard to understand, no one of course agreeded with my idea of suiciding and few people have got to understand me, but anyways i have my reasons to do it and some of them is what i said right above.

That deserves some negative reputation points. Last guy I had given negative points was the one who tried to cheat in week 30, this is the second time.
As I ask in my PM, how do you plan to let us know that you really did it and that you're not staying off-line because you're ashamed after having changed your mind ?

flat-out
That deserves some negative reputation points. Last guy I had given negative points was the one who tried to cheat in week 30, this is the second time.
As I ask in my PM, how do you plan to let us know that you really did it and that you're not staying off-line because you're ashamed after having changed your mind ?

Well, one good way will be this one.

Fasj is a member of a world wide community site, that is called Orkut. There, there are all my personal friends(or almost all of them) and they will surely send condolence messages after i suicide, in my profile(its mostly like a forum).

So Fasj will be pretty sure of it, and then he can notice you guys about it. 👍

Don´t just never think im trying to get atention or showing off, because thats really not what i need or what i want.

Just leave him be guys, like i said above, already many of us have talked to him and he wont listen.

Veil mate, no one got anything by quitting.

Small_Fryz
Just leave him be guys, like i said above, already many of us have talked to him and he wont listen.

Veil mate, no one got anything by quitting.

Neither me will get by trying this hell of thing when im a poor bastard.

veilsidebr
Neither me will get by trying this hell of thing when im a poor bastard.

And you judge your ability to make money now? what about 5yrs down the track? 10yrs? even 15yrs! your still young enough to race!

Look at Jim Richards, he races EVERYTHING over here and his an old bastard.

i'll just say that i spoke to veil in msn today and he was still joking and laughing like usual as i said that he was thrown in a rushing river by a bear who was sick of veil tickling him in the right armpit. and i also said he was acting like an old indian still searching for his fake god. so i guess i'm pretty confident veil wont commit suicide due to lack of balls. i reckon he's just messing with us cos he has nothing better to do, he said he is waiting on a gun arriving next week, i reckon that day will never come, he wont get his hands on any gun, i know, he's just all talk and no action, he's also fast at the gt4 computer game, and probably quite fast in real life if given the chance, but hey, we'll all be fast in real life if given some chance, but reality is, only the reasonably wealthy folk get that chance, i wish i was one of them. there will be no confirmation if veil commits suicide, so as far as i'm concerned, i dont give a ****

Rest of post edited by mod - Expect a warning by PM

holl01
i'll just say that i spoke to veil in msn today and he was still joking and laughing like usual as i said that he was thrown in a rushing river by a bear who was sick of veil tickling him in the right armpit. and i also said he was acting like an old indian still searching for his fake god. so i guess i'm pretty confident veil wont commit suicide due to lack of balls. i reckon he's just messing with us cos he has nothing better to do, he said he is waiting on a gun arriving next week, i reckon that day will never come, he wont get his hands on any gun, i know, he's just all talk and no action, he's also fast at the gt4 computer game, and probably quite fast in real life if given the chance, but hey, we'll all be fast in real life if given some chance, but reality is, only the reasonably wealthy folk get that chance, i wish i was one of them. there will be no confirmation if veil commits suicide, so as far as i'm concerned, i dont give a ****

you know that im not depressed and that im still joking, also because you´re a great friend, but don´t illude yourself that i will not do that, because you personally know that i wouldn´t make fun of something so serious.

But please, just don´t think im kidding with this situation.

holl01

Rest of post edited by mod - Expect a warning by PM

Settle down Dan ;) Its not worth gettin banned over!!

sorry, i just think veil is a bit of a wannabee race car driver, he needs to get his head screwe on properly

we´ve been chating about that yet, so you know the answer already.

Actually i don´t want to talk about it anymore, the only thing i wanted was to notice all you guys about it, i don´t think its usefull to talk about that anymore, actually.

I think if people want to ask me something, its just a lose of time. I just wanted to clarify why i will do it and the reasons, but now i guess you all know about it and then i think its enough.

I don´t want atention or help, i just wanted to communicate you guys about it, then now i think its enough.

Thats it.

Youve been giving many solutions to your problems yet you refuse to listen to any.

Good luck to you Veilsidebr

You are a case of what not to do!

Many people come to help you and give you very good solutions yet you dont care, makes me think their is something your not telling us. Because from what i can see, you just want to sucide for the hell of it.

12,980 people here aspire to do the things you can do now.

That's how many people downloaded your lap in the Minolta at the 'ring so far, and it's still going. It averages over 100 hits a day.

0 people here aspire to do the thing you want to do.

What the #$%^ is going on here ? Is the WRS turning into a phyciatrist session now ?

Back after a few months and everythings crazy around here :crazy:

Back