WRS Pit Stop - Chit Chat thread.

• Thread starter CFM
  • 568 comments
daan
12,980 people here aspire to do the things you can do now.

That's how many people downloaded your lap in the Minolta at the 'ring so far, and it's still going. It averages over 100 hits a day.

0 people here aspire to do the thing you want to do.

Good to hear that so many people are downloading, but i really don´t want to talk about that subject anymore, i think its pointless really.

The only thing i wanted was to communicate all the community about it, so everyone will know why i will not be here anymore for the rest of your lifes. 👍

Lets put and end on this chating.

veilsidebr
Its good to hear that, but i don´t see myself another solution.

I think this conversation will go nowhere, sorry but that is the true. I know you guys want to help me but im not needing help at the moment, i just need that ****en gun and thats it.

Please, lets stop with this chating about this situation.

Why bring the subject up then? Goodness knows what you will be like once you learn about the important things in life. :rolleyes:

Sphinx
Why bring the subject up then? Goodness knows what you will be like once you learn about the important things in life. :rolleyes:

well, you guys had to know about it in a way, and the way i found was to tell myself about it. That´s it.

I answered enough questions, so the reasons are clear now for everyone.

Ok, i will not talk about it anymore.

veilsidebr
well, you guys had to know about it in a way, and the way i found was to tell myself about it. That´s it.
No, we didn't need to know about it. We don't need to know that you're a selfish brat. There are other things to life, you know. There's loads of things I want to do but can't, but I'm not going to kill myself over them. Life is too precious.

EDIT: I'll take your video down when I get home. I'm not spending any more money hosting it.

a very close friend of mine who works every spare hour to support his pregnant wife,daughter and family home had a minor fall shortly before christmas.at a ripe old age of 24, after years of slugging it out so he could own his own business he fell from a ladder. he landed on his l12 bone in his spine, which was crushed, as were all the nerves and bits and pieces near by.he will never walk again. he has just undergone a second operation to 'pack' his chest so that he has the ability to just sit up on his own. he now faces the turbulant task of learning to go to the toilet without the use of a cathater or laxatives not to mention being able to do all the tasks like taking his daughter to the park and other little pleasures in life that we all take for granted. yet when i've visited and spoke with him, his out look is positive. his wife fell pregnant for the second time just days before his accident and he hopes to be in his own home for the expected delivery date, so that just maybe he can be there when the baby is born.there was no insurance cover for what happened so they face a difficult struggle for 'everyday family life.'

a few months ago, someone alot of us call a friend, kent, found himself in the middle of one of the most hurrendous hurricanes the world has ever seen. we all know the details of what happened so i wont go into them, but i bet more often than not, kent is just glad he was with his family and feels lucky for the life he has (even if he has gotta find a job for this semester!).

why am writing all these things???

bloody hell sam. just get your head out of your ass for one second, take a look around and realise JUST HOW BLOODY LUCKY YOU ARE.

there is so much stuff we ignore around the world such as famine,war,natural disaster and other such incidents that leave us questioning why we're even here in the first place.

a car accident near our local macdonalds last week killed a 6month old baby when a drunk driver smashed into the side of the car.
Sam, you show me a single mother or father that wants to bury their own child and i'll shoot you my bloody self!!!!!

maybe nobody wants to talk about it anymore, but its my first chance of saying something.

i known Sammuel since the end of 2004. we became great friends over gtplanet and MSN.

i feel a bit guilty for not been able to change his mind.

i tried countless hours on MSN but looks like he has made his mind. conventinal wisdom would say that those who talk about a lot, don´t have the guts to do it, but the exact same situation happened earlier this year with my best friend.

he talked about suicide for over a month, and one day he did try. luckly, i was the first one to get to his home, so i was able to rescue him, and take him to the hospital. now he regrets and wants to give a new direction to his life.

i talked with sammuel about this, but as i said to him, its harder to convince him because he does not believe in god and also in any religion.

i wish i was closer to him so i would be able to help him more. i really hope he changes his mind before he does something like that. peace guys.

daan
No, we didn't need to know about it. We don't need to know that you're a selfish brat. There are other things to life, you know. There's loads of things I want to do but can't, but I'm not going to kill myself over them. Life is too precious.

EDIT: I'll take your video down when I get home. I'm not spending any more money hosting it.

no probl, thx for hosting it for me this long time. 👍

I was in the middle of writing a medium length post about this discussion, and how selfish and short sighted Veil is being.

Then I realised that, really, I don't care!

If he's gonna do it, he's gonna do it.

I have enough stress in my life already( don't we all?), and will still have the same stresses after he's no longer around.

I just think that it is totally inappropriate for him to announce it on here, and stir up all this negative emotion on what is, lets face it, a normally happy and light-hearted forum!

Enough said,

Neil

I don't really know veil but I've seen the time he posts here and he's undoubtably quick.

However, you'll never get the opportunity to prove you're quick if you're dead too.

You don't have to be mega rich to succeed, sure, it helps to get started, but it's not necessary.
Can I suggest that you try to find a copy of Driven To Win by Nigel Mansell. Read it. He wasn't rich to begin with, and almost sacrificed his house and welfare of his wife and small children, for a single season in F3 which got him his F1 drive. That took guts.

Killing yourself will just ensure you never get recognised as the driver you want to be.

Take a risk, show off your talents to someone in the business with the means to see you flourish (although I'm not sure how you'd do this.)

Post edited, as it no longer makes any sense.:crazy:

The post it refered to has been removed by mods ( And I think that was a wise thing to do )👍
:cheers:
Neil

so it might be a good time to say that now we can rate posts, giving the user points, or taking it. (to affect the credibility)

since i didn´t knew about this feature, and this is chit chat, i tought i should mention...

max e and veilside are enemies, so that should explain the post.

Still, that's no excuse.

That's what PM's are for.

Neil

ballstothewall
Still, that's no excuse.

That's what PM's are for.

Neil

believe me, the foruns on BC5 and on six of the best were even more intense. lots of fighting going on... i´m glad its past now...

fasj6418
believe me, the foruns six of the best were even more intense. lots of fighting going on... i´m glad its past now...

hey, i wasn't involved at all in that. that sort of uncalled for hostility is completely unacceptable and repulsive.

Max E.
oooh, not a warning!! :****pants:

are you honestly entertaining the notion that i give a single solitary ****??

:lol: at fasj :lol: don't you think it's a bit of a reach to assume veilside actually deserves enough of my respect to declare him an enemy?? when you step on a cockroach, do you feel as though you've vanquished a enemy??

anyway, i'm just trying to help him out. why go on when life is so terrible?? he might as well just snuff it and be done with the horrible woeful pain of a young man's life.

Max E.,

I strongly suggest you keep your 'helpful' suggestions to yourself.

There is no place at GTPlanet for this kind of insensitivity and the downright irresponsible attitude that you are showing.

Any more of it and I'll have no hesitation whatsoever in banning you.

TM

Max E.
hey, i wasn't involved at all in that. that sort of uncalled for hostility is completely unacceptable and repulsive.

i know. that´s why i said lots of fighting, not pointing to you. but i do consider the events discussed in the nurb round a bit of a scuffle.

Alright, here's the deal.

If you all wish to address VeilsideBR then the Private Message system is the way to go.

This discussion should not be continued publicly, carry on in private if you must.

I don't want to lock this thread because it is so old and has so much great stuff.

However, I will lock the thread if this discussion does not change course back to the normal chit-chat we have come to expect from this thread.

Flat-out can decide what to do with this thread later today (if it is closed).

I appreciate everyone's concerns. 👍
I also hope to see a reasonable resolution to the situation.

However, the discussion of the subject at hand must come to an end.

Thank you for your co-operation. :bowdown:

Touring Mars
Max E.,

I strongly suggest you keep your 'helpful' suggestions to yourself.

There is no place at GTPlanet for this kind of insensitivity and the downright irresponsible attitude that you are showing.

Any more of it and I'll have no hesitation whatsoever in banning you.

TM

honestly man, you couldn't pay me to care any less so your tough talk is falling on deaf ears. if you wish to flex your "muscle" and ban me, that's your prerogative. but posting at me as if i'm going to shake in my boots and kneel before your mighty grace is a laugh and a half.

if this is to be my last post ever at GTP i'd like to thank all of my old buddies and wish anybody who is not a complete dooshbag a healthy happy life 👍 it's been a good run but i guess everything that has a beginning must have an end ;)

I know most of the time people seem to ignore me here, but, for once, hear me out. That means you veilside.

Ever since I was six, I've wanted to be a pilot. When I was 12, I got a chance to fly a Cessna, a small commercial single-engine prop aircraft. To me, it was the greatest thing ever. I couldn’t wait until I was 14 because then I could get my private pilot[‘s license. However, it would be the very next year, the events of “9/11” transpired. After that, the age to get a private pilot’s license was raised to 16. That was just one more reason to be irate.

When I was 13, I moved here to Ohio. When I was fifteen, I was simply waiting again, waiting until I was sixteen to get a pilot’s license. From there I hope to go to the Air Force Academy. Nine days before my 16th birthday, my heart acted up. I went into a condition known as SVT—supra ventricular tachyocardia or close to that—and was taken to the hospital. Four months later I was in surgery, but I’d given up all hope of ever becoming a fighter pilot for the Air Force which was my ultimate dream. They wouldn’t want someone with a heart that might go mad in the middle of a flight. I was sad, but I didn’t kill myself. I was heartbroken (no pun intended) but I still could see that there are other things out there for me. I always have wanted to race, too. I know I won’t have the money for that. But I can try.

Point is, it’s not worth it giving up. I have every right to give up but I feel that by defying the choice to give up that I am stronger and better than that. I feel it’s simply the right thing to do and I hope maybe you’ll see that, too, veilside. I hope this helps you in whatever decision you make.

i want to be just like the moderators here. i figure all i need is a lobotomy and some tights :lol:

j/k guys!

no seriously i'm not.

Max E.
i want to be just like the moderators here. i figure all i need is a lobotomy and some tights :lol:

j/k guys!

no seriously i'm not.

Consider this a final warning max.
And no, I'm not kidding (or expecting you to be scared).

I'm just being honest with you.

Keep this sort of behavior up for even one more post and I will personally ban you.

RedWolfRacer
Point is, it’s not worth it giving up. I have every right to give up but I feel that by defying the choice to give up that I am stronger and better than that. I feel it’s simply the right thing to do and I hope maybe you’ll see that, too, veilside. I hope this helps you in whatever decision you make.

I gave the guy a million options that could easily get him into racing with a tiiiiny budget, but he aint interested. 👎

Wow!!! .... the mods are out in force today :D .... why is Max being targeted for banning? I can understand the first post warning as his post at veil was quite nasty! something close to Holl0's :P

.... but that last post is more just ribbing the mods a bit IMO! lighten up guys and realise that this aint an army camp and everyone wont jump to attention as soon as a moderator says so, banning is just an extreme way of saying I dont know how to reply to your post? ... so your out of here! :)
... cant anyone take a bit of a ribbing here without going for the kill at such a blatantly childish remark :dopey:

I remember you used to have a sense of humour at one time yourself Kent ;)

Is this an acceptable post? or am I laying my head on the block also? :nervous:

i'm sorry kent, but i have a problem with authority figures. i find your threat as annoyingly bullyish as the last guy's threat. it is for this reason that i have no choice but to tell you and all of the other moderators in this dump to go piss up a rope. i won't be bullied around by a bunch of wimpy pussies who think they are god because they have moderator powers on some message board dedicated to a child's game.

it is kind of romantic that my executioner turns out to be an old friend. kind of like one of those old western flicks. anyway, take it sleazy homies. it was fun while it lasted but i'm not the one to be pushed around by a bunch of trick-made pansies.

yes i could have played the game here and played on the edge as long as i wished, once again avoiding banishment as i have so many times on so many other boards, but to be honest, even that has gotten old. i'd rather just go down in a blaze of glory ;)

adios friends :lol:

Indeed,
Adios old friend. :(

And being that CFM started this thread, and Flat-Out is our current man for the WRS mod job, I think it's time we put this entire thread behind us. 👍

Mr P
Wow!!! .... the mods are out in force today :D .... why is Max being targeted for banning? I can understand the first post warning as his post at veil was quite nasty! something close to Holl0's :P

.... but that last post is more just ribbing the mods a bit IMO! lighten up guys and realise that this aint an army camp and everyone wont jump to attention as soon as a moderator says so, banning is just an extreme way of saying I dont know how to reply to your post? ... so your out of here! :)
... cant anyone take a bit of a ribbing here without going for the kill at such a blatantly childish remark :dopey:

I remember you used to have a sense of humour at one time yourself Kent ;)

Is this an acceptable post? or am I laying my head on the block also? :nervous:

You missed his initial posts here and here to have a complete overview of the situation.
Since he's been around at GTP for twice as much as me, and I have never been in direct contact with him, I thought it wasn't a good idea to warn him myself. I was expecting to get the kind of answer he eventually made. I expected that calling the big guns would make things easier and that he could admit he'd been too far if the warning was issued by someone he'd been knowing for a long time. He couldn't, that's a pity.

Latest Posts

Back