WRS Team Championship Series Interest Thread

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 290 comments
Good to see you run this again Jerome 👍 I will keep an eye on the teams being arranged and probably join at the last minute with the one's who bribe me with wheel barrows full of money :D

I'm interested but not committing just yet is all... Have fun guys! :cheers:

Do you take Bitcoin?
confused-smiley-013.gif.2fdadf84da200a1dc7bd2aa1b4444757.gif

Jerome

Been thinking about the Team name - MAD Ratz (WIP name, may change throughout the time), or something like that, dark blue, brown-ish or purple team color, Not sure about sponsors yet :D I know, color and sponsors are not necessary at all, but let it be a team. ^^

Seems like a good way to get to know people here, it would be ideal if the top guys captained a team each, that way it would make this a lot more interesting.

I'd be open to putting something like that to a vote for next time. It's been a few years since the last one so I'm not sure on the participation level this time around. But my initial concern with doing it that way is someone is left out (or someones) and they are forced to form a team of their own anyway.

Hoepefully, the handicap will make things more interesting this go-round too. I played with the numbers from last time and with this setup, every team was within a point of each other (more or less) and Morph's Muppets would've won. So it may benefit a team to select guys who can improve upon their handicap vs. D1Gs.

I'm hoping this is just a fun twist on what we already love doing; driving cars. I'd love to put a fasty guy like you on the participation list, so just let me know if you want in buddy.

Jerome

Last edited:
Ok in for a penny, in for a pound..........

Really enjoying the GTP WRS and the community spirit it has with focus on improvement and sharing information.

As a Div 4 silver low ranker I'd be happy to participate as a reserve driver (A) in a team if anybody will have me !

As Jerome said in OP teams might want people who have the chance to improve. As I said in my introductory post I've recently retired so have the time and am looking to improve overall and hopefully by early Feb and March that should be the case - early days but my handicap result in WRS 5 was just a little better than the non handicapped result.. That said I do have other hobbies and pursuits so time is not unlimited and tend to play in short sessions as recovering from health problems....

For me it would offer the opportunity to speed up the learning curve by discussing sector times/best lines etc with more experienced people.......for the team perhaps treat it like the lucky dip number in a Lottery - most of the time no luck but occasionally comes up with some benefit !

I'd be open to putting something like that to a vote for next time. It's been a few years since the last one so I'm not sure on the participation level this time around. But my initial concern with doing it that way is someone is left out (or someones) and they are forced to form a team of their own anyway.

Hoepefully, the handicap will make things more interesting this go-round too. I played with the numbers from last time and with this setup, every team was within a point of each other (more or less) and Morph's Muppets would've won. So it may benefit a team to select guys who can improve upon their handicap vs. D1Gs.

I'm hoping this is just a fun twist on what we already love doing; driving cars. I'd love to put a fasty guy like you on the participation list, so just let me know if you want in buddy.

Jerome

Does that mean as one of a couple of a surviving members of Morphs Muppets I already have a trophy
:lol::lol:

Ok in for a penny, in for a pound..........

Really enjoying the GTP WRS and the community spirit it has with focus on improvement and sharing information.

As a Div 4 silver low ranker I'd be happy to participate as a reserve driver (A) in a team if anybody will have me !

As Jerome said in OP teams might want people who have the chance to improve. As I said in my introductory post I've recently retired so have the time and am looking to improve overall and hopefully by early Feb and March that should be the case - early days but my handicap result in WRS 5 was just a little better than the non handicapped result.. That said I do have other hobbies and pursuits so time is not unlimited and tend to play in short sessions as recovering from health problems....

For me it would offer the opportunity to speed up the learning curve by discussing sector times/best lines etc with more experienced people.......for the team perhaps treat it like the lucky dip number in a Lottery - most of the time no luck but occasionally comes up with some benefit !

We will take you as a reserve driver. 👍

Week 1 I was in the bottom 5 spot, but after 6 weeks of about an hour a night (if I am lucky) I have my self already up to D4 gold, on the cusp of D3 I believe, been running midpack last 2 weeks. It is pretty exciting watching my times improve each week.

We will take you as a reserve driver. 👍

Week 1 I was in the bottom 5 spot, but after 6 weeks of about an hour a night (if I am lucky) I have my self already up to D4 gold, on the cusp of D3 I believe, been running midpack last 2 weeks. It is pretty exciting watching my times improve each week.

Thanks - that's great - much appreciated. Hopefully I can contribute to the teams success.

I've seen some improvement too over the four weeks I've done this but nothing as dramatic so well done and kudos on your improvement......

Will be interesting to see if Village shows a similar slightly above handicap performance too as did Willow given the combo is longer and faster... will be running usual couple of nine lap stints later today with minor adjustments to the torque distribution and brake balance settings to be followed later by downforce and ARB.

I'm in if there's space for me somewhere.
This is ideal for me as due to the joys of shift work I've never been able to take part in any of the "live" online championships.

Oh captain, my captain :D I'll join the fight if you approve 👍
That's a no brainier brotha. 👍
Now , we have the start of a team!!!!

@EDK you interested in being on a team with @roamer2629 and myself. I don't usually like to put people on the spot but your a heck of a good tuner. We could use someone like yourself.

That's a no brainier brotha. 👍
Now , we have the start of a team!!!!

@EDK you interested in being on a team with @roamer2629 and myself. I don't usually like to put people on the spot but your a heck of a good tuner. We could use someone like yourself.
I can do that. 👍

In exchange for my tuning, you have to let me be picky about my combo. 👍 ;)

Back