WRS Week 2 results!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 113 comments
vexd
SSSSSSsssssshhhhhhhh!!!!

I like it where i am!

J/K
Well to add to my above post, I tried MUCH harder when I was at the top of D2. Knowing I had a chance at winning my division. In D1 it's just plain :scared: .
Now I only try if I like the combo a lot and I still only end up in the middle of D1... if I'm lucky. :grumpy:

@Sphinx: Thanks for verifying my lap mate, I still wasn't sure if PS2_Save_Builder was working correctly.

Chances are I'm telling everyone stuff they already know the program converts all the usual formats into, erm, all the other usual formats and is well useful.

John.

Congratulations to all the Division winners and the respective podiums (or podia?).

Expecially to 3rdgenracerX, for his awesome time. So close to breaking into the 1'12's!

Now where were you while we were discussing T times? :D :lol:

Can't wait to see that Replay - 1.2 seconds faster than my time.

As for me, I finished 13th. Better than the 18th place of last week, but not good enough yet :indiff: 👎

The Wizard.

👍 👍 👍 to all the podium racers :) Lots of good competition this week, with most of the fields split across 2 seconds :scared:

@Sphinx: nice lap :sly: What were your final splits, just out of curiosity? Mine were 19.494 / 37.558 / 57.600

Congratulations to the "Podium Dudes" in all Divisions, and well done to all entrants. I was just lucky enough to sneak into the top 20 in Div3 and score a few points. So I'm ready for a big go at this weeks combo. Good luck all 👍

just woke up, CONGRATZ everybody.

nice win 3rdgen 👍, wish u had posted T times tho knowing you were that far ahead i think i coulda tried to close up but no excuses :)

really tight field this race awsome job to the div.2 and div.3 racers!!!!!
got pretty high up the charts!! :D

Attachments

• W2, Fuji Supra ~ hOt6o4bOi ~ 1.13.204.max
    21.5 KB · Views: 15
Congrats podium guys! 👍👍
And also to those two top podium finishers in Div2! 👍

Great times.
Me seems to get old, but the focus on the race was to start in the WRS.
And to keep the car completely on the track, as them real drivers doing it.;)
Aside from the lack of time to be really competitive that is. :embarrassed:

For those owners of the US-Version and capable of transfering replays to their mem cards i´ve attached my replay, no fast one but one you can enjoy.:D
Have fun! :)

Attachments

• Flinx@WRS #2 Supra@Fuji 90´2 1´13,416.max
    20.6 KB · Views: 12
good job every

didnt think id place this high up on my first week, especially with the competitive div.3 rite now

but for week 3 thats a different story :nervous: 4WD

think im gonna be near the bottom this time

good luck for week3 ~

As the number 22 this week ,the only reason to submit a replay I can think of is the storage of them here at the planet in case my PC and my PS2 got nicked. :lol:

See you all next week.

Attachments

• wrs2-1.14.628.xps
    27.5 KB · Views: 10
Great job everyone 👍 Close times on a technical track and an awesome turnout of racers!!!!

Heres my 1'13.008, All 4 on the floor.. Right click and save as: www.3rdgenracerX.net/WRS23rdgenracerX.xps
👍 Flinx ;) good to see another crazy person who's doing all 4 on the floor as well.

Flinx's run is nice and clean 👍 goodjob. I Just watched it.

Sphinx
I didn't even realise 3rdgenracerX was even taking part, I suppose posting his sector times and actually taking part in the WRS in the normal fashion like we do is beneath him.
No, its not beneath me. If I thought participation in the WRS was beneath me I would be badmouthing the WRS, and not showing up to race it. Participation in the WRS is showing up for the race and being among the people submitting times, its not who's posting T times and what not's, that's all strictly voluntary as the rules dictate.
:lol: Odd enough, noone was mad at me last week for never posting my T times :lol:

why dont you post your t times tho

makes for good competition

but its still upto u

i for 1, would greatly appretiacte if you posted your t times.

knowing that your such a good racer i would like to see wut the best are doing~ 👍

Congratulation to all podium finshers, those are some spectacular times 👍 . I only wish I had the ability to watch those replays. Seeing a 1:13 run would be very educational.

Off to start working on a respectible time for week 3... no where to go but up from here.

Holy close racing Batman! Wow the high reving V8 Supra ( a paradox?) was a fun, and fast drive around this course. Big thumbs up to all that pioleted thier Supras to the podiums, and to those in the 57's in T3. A top ten finish in div 2 for me, when I found out I was jumping around my room like a madman on a cafine rush.

Villeneuve81 - The rules are that you simply have to respond and make arrangements to get your run verified within 3 days. As long as you can get your run verified within a week or two (or a bit longer if you have to wait a bit for an ordered Max Drive or whatever) you won't have any problems here.

After week 3, there will be some drivers moving up (or possibly down) to new divisions. The drivers in div.1 and 2 that have been asked to verify their runs are likely the first to be promoted, as they have been able to put a gap on the other drivers in thier division. I'll look at the average results over the first 3 weeks to make my decions regarding division changes. As the WRS for GT3 progressed, we kind of "ran out" of div.3 drivers as people lost intrest and others got promted, so that's why right now there's a bit of an imbalance of div 3 to div 1 & 2 drivers. As the weeks go on things will even out a bit.

I've also added astericks to the results so people can see who is submitting thier replays for quick reference.

3rdgenracerX
No, its not beneath me. If I thought participation in the WRS was beneath me I would be badmouthing the WRS, and not showing up to race it. Participation in the WRS is showing up for the race and being among the people submitting times, its not who's posting T times and what not's, that's all strictly voluntary as the rules dictate.
:lol: Odd enough, noone was mad at me last week for never posting my T times :lol:

I tend to consur with this. While a few people seem miffed that they didn't have a new split to chase, I kinda like the silent-stranger in 3rdGen ... walks up, slaps down his time and walks away ... it'll keep people on their toes :P

3rdgenracerX
Great job everyone 👍 Close times on a technical track and an awesome turnout of racers!!!!

Heres my 1'13.008, All 4 on the floor.. Right click and save as: www.3rdgenracerX.net/WRS23rdgenracerX.xps
👍 Flinx ;) good to see another crazy person who's doing all 4 on the floor as well.

Flinx's run is nice and clean 👍 goodjob. I Just watched it.

If we all didn't post during the week as you then this series would've ended a long time ago. There is no doubt that the odd bit of sandbagging goes on here, like not posting a certain T time for example, I have no gripe about that, but to knowingly be in possesion of the top time and not post anything whatsoever when others have openly done so is the ultimate and oldest sandbagging tecnique in OLR, and I'm surprised that anybody with the ability like you have still feels the need to do it. In other words, reaping the rewards by sucking on the juices of others.

BTW, there is nothing odd about it, your lack of posted T times in last weeks race was noticed and well documented by a number of long term members.

Sandbagging:
"The specific "hang back" or "slack off" sense of "sandbag" you're wondering about comes from poker, where it originally described a player who held off raising the stakes in order to lull the other players into a false sense of security. The poker sandbagger would pounce late in the game, clobbering the other players with his good hand."

Argh! Four hundreths of a second from running in the points! :mad::mad::mad:

Oh well, maybe next time.

Sphinx, your not doing one bit of good by being such a cancker sore about it, especially since your now spamming up the results thread instead of taking a grudge to PM's "CFM will say the same, he's already warned in the past".
hOt604bOi on the other hand has it right. Instead of whining and moaning like a cat in heat about it hes asking me kindly to post my sectors, which I will since he asked me without being downright rude. Kindness rewards kindness, which is all it takes.

3rdgenracerX
Sphinx, your not doing one bit of good by being such a cancker sore about it, especially since your now spamming up the results thread instead of taking a grudge to PM's "CFM will say the same, he's already warned in the past".
hOt604bOi on the other hand has it right. Instead of whining and moaning like a cat in heat about it hes asking me kindly to post my sectors, which I will since he asked me without being downright rude. Kindness rewards kindness, which is all it takes.

How can I be sore about something I wasn't going to win??????

To you it may be rude but perhaps all I'm doing is stating something that others feel but haven't the balls to say it in public. You can't kid a kidder mate, been there, done it, got the t-shirt.

The End.

i'm posting this but taking the rest to PM's.

Sphinx
To you it may be rude
sphinx
I suppose posting his sector times and actually taking part in the WRS in the normal fashion ---------->like we do is beneath him<-----------
If you don't see that as being a rude comment then you need to consult the dictonary that you got sandbagging out of.

The way I see you saying that myself not posting my sectors like others do is beneath me is exactly like this:
I suppose 3rdgenracerX must be so full of himself with such of a high stature who's above all others where he doesn't have to post his sectors and post in the race threads like the others do.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=beneath
Even the definition of Beneath agrees.
A: Lower than, as in rank or station.
B: Unworthy of; unbefitting: It was beneath me to beg.

3rdgenracerX
i'm posting this but taking the rest to PM's.

If you don't see that as being a rude comment then you need to consult the dictonary that you got sandbagging out of.

The way I see you saying that myself not posting my sectors like others do is beneath me is exactly like this:
I suppose 3rdgenracerX must be so full of himself with such of a high stature who's above all others where he doesn't have to post his sectors and post in the race threads like the others do.

The 'beneath you' comment was to get your attention because as I see it, you either do hold that belief or you're sandbagging. I had to start with one or the other.

Anyway, you're posting just fine now, so whats so bad about just making a short comment like; 'I like this combo, count me in 👍'. It's just plain rude not to IMO :)

3rdgenracerX

You may not actually be like that, but thats how it comes across.

Congrats on your win 3rdgen 👍 I haven't the luxury to view it! .. but I can imagine it must be poetry in motion :)

Congrats also to the other podiums :) 👍

Congrats to everyone! Some very very close times =P
My replay will be coming in a few days.. just waiting for my max drive to arrive through mail ( too cheap for quickest delivery)
If it doesn't get here in a few days, i'll go back to my friends house and did what i did last week.

Just thought I would give a (benign) comment of "the situation".

3rdgenracerX didn't make a happy choice by "not showing up" (;)) in the Week 2 discussion thread.

Sphinx makes a very good point: if nobody would post, the WRS would die out quickly, and nobody wants that.

I am not judging anybody here, but I would like if pretty much all racers that decide to compete in a particular week would give their contribution to the race itself. It gives it that "family" feel that makes the WRS special.

I am glad you decided to start posting your T times, 3rdgenracerX 👍
Sure, we won't have any more surprises (not from you, at least ;)), but I think you made the right choice.

The Wizard.

Latest Posts

Back