WRS Week 2 results!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 113 comments
3rdgenracerX
I made my lap into a AVI video for anyone who would like to see the run

Very impressive 👍
And you make it look so easy it makes me sick :D

Even more impressive is the fact that you did this lap using two different tire types: RSS and RS.

Care to share with the poor slow bastards why you made that choice?

I thought supersoft was the way to go, in every race, in order to achieve the fastest times.

Guess I was wrong :dunce: ;)

The Wizard.

TheWizard
Very impressive 👍
And you make it look so easy it makes me sick :D

Even more impressive is the fact that you did this lap using two different tire types: RSS and RS.

Care to share with the poor slow bastards why you made that choice?

I thought supersoft was the way to go, in every race, in order to achieve the fastest times.

Guess I was wrong :dunce: ;)

The Wizard.
Thanks.

The reason why I ran RSS/RS was because I absolutely HATE understeer! I just didn't like how the car was handeling with RSS/RSS. It's really down to ones personal handeling preference. At first I was running with RSS/RSS and was setting almost the same sector times, matter of fact I set my best T1 time on RSS/RSS of 19.395, the best I did before giving that up was a T2 of 37.190ish and a 57.225ish as well. I was able to do a T2 of 37.167 with the RSS/RS. I still managed about the same T time's, the only exception was my final T3, my speed out of T2 played a huge part in that, I got a great launch out of the lefty. That was simply the best I had gotten through there the whole time when on a good lap. I was always leaving something behind T3 or getting a little too much overstreer, sliding the rearend some and loosing time from that on the exit of the kink.
The only downside to running RSS/RS was that you lost some acceleration grip out of corners, easier to spin your tires, braking while turning could lead to disaster "I lost it quite a few times going into the kink" turning and braking entering caught me out a few times :lol: If you got the car sideways you were pretty much in for one nasty spin, wreck, or a huge slide which lost you lots of time. The kink before T3 was where I really felt that loss in grip the most. I was loosing time coming out of some corners compared to my RSS/RSS ghost, but was able to equal it out by how I was entering corners how I liked.

It just really boils down to how you like a car setup. A person who likes understeer could have have just as well if not better on RSS/RSS since they are the best gripping tires if you like how the car is handleing. For the most part the softest tire's available will result in the best possible times. That will vary depending on how the driver likes their car. Week 1 I ran S3/S3 because the car handeled pretty much how I like. Tried it with S3/S2 :lol: it didn't work out at all.
Havent ran the Week 3 combo yet, but i'm pretty sure its going to have to be S3/S3 slowing a 4wd road car down into the hairpins is going to really tax the grip of the rear tires. Less grippy ones will probally swing the rear end right around when braking as hard as you can.

3rdgenracerX

Thank you for the explanation, 3rdgenracerX 👍

I have just run 5-6 laps, after watching your video, and with your tire combination. I got a 1'14.285 by the 3rd overall lap (that is only 0.030 "slower" than my overall best time I have submitted). I was shifting to second gear for all the "key" turns: turn 1, chicane after T1, hairpin before/during T2, chicane before T3. Doing them in third gear turned out more successful, as I was getting easily into the 37's at T2, but I blew it away every time at the chicane.

But yeah, I think with your method, if I sat down for an hour, I could reach the time I had in mind and possibly get into the 57's at T3.

kennythebomb
Is there any way you can convert that file to the standard file windows media plays?

I get sound but no video...

Try this:

Media Player Classic

It's the first one on the list (the one that says mpc2kxp6484.zip)

The Wizard.

download the divx codecs.

Brilliant lap 3rdgen 👍.

So smooth, you make it look very easy well done.

3rdgenracerX
I made my lap into a AVI video for anyone who would like to see the run

Thank you 3rdgenracerX :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

This is what I was waiting 4 :-)
Excellent lap - I will try to follow it later today.

PS Can you make the same thing with the best week 1 replay ?;-)

Looked at 3rd gen's lap and managed to get a 1:13.094, its amazing how easy it is once u see how it's done, top lap!

In defense of this week's top finisher:

There could be any reason why he didn't post his T times. Perhaps his internet was down, or his computer on the fritz, etc ad infinitum. To everyone else; you don't need another's T times to know that you can faster. You can always go faster.

holl01
Looked at 3rd gen's lap and managed to get a 1:13.094, its amazing how easy it is once u see how it's done, top lap!

What a sublime lap... but for us mere mortals, I always stick by the old addage (to paraphrase Kent...) 'don't try to keep up with the best D1 drivers, or you will go insane!' :crazy:

Not that it matters or that anybody would possibly care about my bad lap time, but I have posted every Replay of every race I took part of, since I have been in possess of my AR Max.

Therefore you are stuck with it, whether you like it or not ;) :D

Here is my Replay.

The Wizard.

Attachments

• GT4 WRS 002 TheWizard.zip
    19.7 KB · Views: 8
TheWizard
Not that it matters or that anybody would possibly care about my bad lap time, but I have posted every Replay of every race I took part of, since I have been in possess of my AR Max.

Therefore you are stuck with it, whether you like it or not ;) :D

Here is my Replay.

The Wizard.

Replays are always appreciated. More people might see it if you post it a bit sooner though.;) :lol:

CFM
Replays are always appreciated. More people might see it if you post it a bit sooner though.;) :lol:

Yeah you are absolutely right :D :lol:

But I just got around putting it in the AR Max last night and my Internet connection at my apartment was down, so I had to wait until this morning at school.

Next time I will try to upload it pronto, as soon as the Results are up ;)

Thank you for the appreciation, by the way 👍

The Wizard.

Finally! :D

Got my Max Drive this morning - nifty little thing, is it not? Here's my replay:

Attachments

• Fuji90s_WRS_Week2_Replay.max
    19.6 KB · Views: 10
Villeneuve81
Finally! :D

Got my Max Drive this morning - nifty little thing, is it not? Here's my replay:

Thanks for going the extra mile Villeneuve81:tup: If anyone has viewed this run, just post here to confirm it was all clear.:) I can't because I'm not PAL.

Also, to Alpine, the last I read you had stated that a Max Drive was on order, any news so far?

CFM
Thanks for going the extra mile Villeneuve81:tup: If anyone has viewed this run, just post here to confirm it was all clear.:) I can't because I'm not PAL.
I'm on it....

EDIT: That was a good run. 4 wheels on the tarmac all the way, except for the entry to the final chicane, but still well legal. And I also got this very nice photo

Attachments

• Img0167.jpg
    Img0167.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 26
CFM

Also, to Alpine, the last I read you had stated that a Max Drive was on order, any news so far?

I ordered it right after week 1 finished from playasia and it's eta was 7-14 days so it should be soon. But that doesn't matter, I have 5 hours today to drop by my friends house and borrow the use of his... so i should be able to upload it today.

Thanks Alpine, I hope you didn't have to make a special trip just on my account, I could have waited until your Max Drive arrived.:) Thanks Daan, for checking Villie's run also.👍 Everything's in order here now, nice work everyone! See you all back in the week 3 results.:cheers:

Back