WRS Week 9 Results!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 84 comments
Daan The Maan.

Terrific service, getting that replay up.

I would like to point out that one of mine is on there too, if you scroll down the page.....

Ahem...

Anyway, i would like to congratulate Holl on the lap also, its exactly what i did in soooo many laps, but i would have had to cut them all up, and sew them back together with some $hit to a blanket glue to recreate that perfect "tour" of cathedral rox.
This is what we are up against people.
Hot and Holl are producing near perfect runs of the courses given, and we should not ignore their talent ever.

As for your comments chips, i agree.

But then everyone knows that i have higher hopes and standard(235)s for the WRS as an honest and trustworthy racing club.

Well done Daan, fantastic to see the quickest of the quick so quickly, you quick thing you.
Speaking of you being quick, i see you favour the bird this week too...... suits your style i admit. :grumpy: 👍

Soyfu has been added to the results in Div.2. He contacted me shortly after the results went up, and we have been trying to sort out why his PM was either lost by me or not sent by him as he thought. Since we can't seem to figure it out, his results have been added as I know that his time was done before the deadline, and I can't prove that I didn't accidentally erase it. Hopefully this will not be a problem for you other racers, thanks for your understanding.👍

CFM
Ok I just got the positions corrected for rotbarsh and RedWolfRacer, sorry for the mix-up. And to Kent, what can I say? Didn't mean to place you in div 2, I don't know how I did that.:scared:

So does this mean I'm still D1?

I have no problem with any of the above.

To me it's simple.

Either I stick with the bottom of D1 and constantly get whipped (never getting a win, but keeping D1 status)...

Or...

Take a D2 position and work on getting a win in the wrs for the first time in a good long one...

I don't mind either way, I was just suprised.

As the week progresses I am starting to feel like D2 may be the place for me.

However, at the same time, you know me, I've never been too crazy about getting wins.

So bascially, CFM,
I ask that you keep an eye on my position in each race I run.
If I can honestly cut it for D1 then I will take a place in D1.
If I seem to be placing consistantly in D2, please put me there.

It's cool with me either way.

One note though...
If I'm in D2 you can be sure the verification of winners will be on my mind. :mischievous:

I don't mind lossing, but I do mind lossing to people who can't prove they won legitimately. :sly:

So what do you say CFM?
D1? D2?

Lose? Win?

Could I even win D2? :lol:
Maybe that should be a factor in this. lol.

Take your time with the decision CFM. :cheers:

ah, boom, you're killing me here.

I was really actually looking forward to the move down. :irked:

At first I was dissappointed.
However, as I thought about it more I realized that I might actually get to be competitive instead of just bringing up the rear.

Like I said CFM, take you time (even if you want to see this week's results before you make your decision).

Just let me know before too long. ;)
Thanks for the attention too. :bowdown:
I appreciate your time.

Btw, how good are the top d2 guys? :lol:
If I'm out classed by them I think d2 might be my place. :sly:

Then again... :mischievous:

Let's just wait and see how I do and how CFM feels. :D

boombexus
Well, Z. was just promoted to D1, so that's one less fast guy in D2, but, their are plenty of fast drivers left. :(

:chuckle:

Watch out. I've got a twin in the D2 ranks. :embarrassed:

KANE699. I know we ran almost identical qualifiers, he just doesn't get as much seat time as he'd like.

That's funny because you both have the exact same IP address.

You wouldn't happen to be attempting to play as 2 drivers would you.

That would really piss off a few of us, myself included.

But hey, maybe that's a good idea.

I always wanted to win division 3. :rolleyes:

Kent
That's funny because you both have the exact same IP address.

You wouldn't happen to be attempting to play as 2 drivers would you.

That would really piss off a few of us, myself included.

But hey, maybe that's a good idea.

I always wanted to win division 3. :rolleyes:

Being a moderator and having access to said information, I actually had a feeling that would be suggested. No, that is not the case. He happens to live a block away and enjoys coming over to race is all.

Z.
Being a moderator and having access to said information, I actually had a feeling that would be suggested. No, that is not the case. He happens to live a block away and enjoys coming over to race is all.

So you are testifying that you are not using two different names?

You are saying that your friend down the street has no computer and that you are both using one PC for your racing?

Alright, I will take your word for it for now.

I'm sure you're being honest. :D

I really hate when people pull moves like using a second name... I mean, I really hate it.

Kent
So you are testifying that you are not using two different names?

You are saying that your friend down the street has no computer and that you are both using one PC for your racing?

Alright, I will take your word for it for now.

I'm sure you're being honest. :D

I really hate when people pull moves like using a second name... I mean, I really hate it.

Not quite the case, but close.

He has a computer and even a PS2. But you see, I have the DFP and he typically comes here to use it. He could race with a DS2 at home, but the option is available for a DFP so I don't mind him coming to use it.

I would feel ill will towards my own self if I were trying to pull a fast one as you suggest. This is a friendly competition with no rewards other than those personal. Winning twice over to feed ones ego is a bit much, I think.

That should let you know where I stand.

No, that doesn't let me know where you stand.
It only lets me know what you want your post to represent.

He does have a computer then?
Edit:
Never mind... I had asked that you both get on at the same time but it turns out that one computer can be signed on with 2 names at once...

So uh, let me ask, how did you find the gtp?
Who was here first, you or kane?

Also,
Yes, Koylana,
I would and do frown on that sort of behavior.

Some may find it odd, but to me, having a second name is deceptive and wrong.

Of course, not everyone feels that way.
Many friends of mine have done it and many times over has this discussion occured.

Oh well...
Like I said before, only time will tell with issues like this.

Kent
No, that doesn't let me know where you stand.
It only lets me know what you want your post to represent.

He does have a computer then?
Could you two sign onto the gtp at the same time?
Let me know if you can and do... I could just check the main page to see your names both listed as online members.

That would probably end my concerns without any trouble. :bowdown:
Thanks for doing that if you can. :bowdown:

Btw, how did you both find the gtp?
Which one of you found it first? :D
That's a great thing for a friend to do... I had to find this place on my own. :( :lol:

:nod:

It can very well be arranged -- perhaps this evening or tomorrow (his PC is being repaired today.. unsure as to the exact time he'll get it back). Would I need to let you know before he signs on, or can you just check a logfile of IP addresses that user has accessed GTP from?

I found GTP first through a friend of mine. He linked me here to a thread with a GT4 opening movie (way back before GT4 release). I lurked for a while, then registered not long ago and began posting/signed up for the WRS. I found it very fun and invited KANE along shortly after as I thought it'd be awesome to have such close competition around. I found that close competition here with other racers already, so this was just a bonus friendly rivalry.

Now we're in different divisions, though.. so it's not as fun.

Glad to see your not using two names for the sake of some cruel joke. 👍 :lol:

Kent
See, this is why I find it hard to trust you about this.

You see, us moderators get a big mod screen for each member with little things like when you registered.
For you that comes out as month and year.
For us it comes out as day, month, year (I think even time).

Kane registered on May 5, 2005

You registered on May 26, 2005

Now does that make sense when you take into account that detailed story from above?

Like I said... All in time. :guilty:

I know exactly what screen you get as I have moderated using this software on other forums. You have my registration date incorrect, however. I know I registered back in March as it says this under my name when I post. KANE registered a very short time ago.

Edit: How could I have registered on May 26th, yet participated and submitted a time for Week5, which ended May 10th?

:lol:

My bad.

Look at the dates.

March 26th is your date.

But his is May 5.

Sorry. :lol:

Im such an ass.

Attachments

• kane699.JPG
    kane699.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Z.JPG
    Z.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 23
Usual congrats to everybody who raced and enjoyed it and ran the best time they could.
Ok, so far this post wasn't worth posting, especially from someone who didn't even race the combo at all.

But I wanted to congrat Natalya for the promotion to div 2.
The Mini Cup warm-up race when you joined GTP isn't that far away in the past, but gosh! what an improvement.
You were far from div 2 times when we discussed the registration race times, with no hope to get close enough. I'd be curious to know what would be your time in the M3 if you were to race it again now. Probably faster than mine already :scared:
Congrats again Nat, and see you at the track when I have bought a new PS2, but please, I've been a rather nice guy I think so don't be too far ahead of me ;)
:cheers:

flat_out, you're right in so many ways! I've actually be very tempted to re-run the qualifier just to see if and how I've improved, so maybe I'll do that tonight and let you know what the result is!

Sorry Kent, if I have to suffer in D1, then you do too.:) In D1 you'll stay until you prove that you can't hang with me and Z. and vexd and a few of us other D1 stragglers. In other words all of the D1.5 er's.:lol: My policy is not to demote anyone unless they specificly asked to be moved down, and I agree that their times will not keep drivers in the lower divisions off the podium.

Back