WSC IV - JoeOfTheFire, SagarisGTB, O'Rama, Jaguar, Corvette CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since both Jaguar slots are taken in Prototype, I'm interested in either the second Ford or one of the Ferraris.

That's a Ferrari PT for you 👍

I like to enter the ST catagory

👍

When are you putting up the dates Furi?

They are now. 9 weeks essentially, with a special pre season test and also Le Mans has its own test day. Oh, and we are racing Le Mans on the day the 24 Hours finishes... #FEVER!!!

Awwwwwwww no I wont be able to take part at Le Mans this season then :( I guess the upside of that is because I'll actually be at Le Mans though!

I'll come along to the test day though. Better than nothing.

The only bad news is that I will miss the season opening round at Daytona due to me being at the Indy 500. :/ But, I will make the rest of season as scheduled.;)

A bit of good news is that I will miss the test day at Le Mans since I'm going the NHRA drag races at Bristol during that weekend, other than that I'm good all season.

If we have room at a couple events I might allow an entry for someone to run a car not in this season, like a GT40 or something. A "Garage 56" essentially.

I just wrapped up testing at Le Mans with the following times:
Ferrari 330 P4
SM: 3:51.421
SS: 3:42.945
RH: 3:39.143

Ford Mk. IV
SM: 3:47.217
SS: 3:43.933
RH: 3:37.873

Note: The times on the Racing Hards were only done as a reference point.

I just wrapped up testing at Le Mans with the following times:
Ferrari 330 P4
SM: 3:51.421
SS: 3:42.945
RH: 3:39.143

Ford Mk. IV
SM: 3:47.217
SS: 3:43.933
RH: 3:37.873

Note: The times on the Racing Hards were only done as a reference point.

The Ferrari takes a lot more patience and a good tune, the Ford is quick out of the box. With the Ford restricted to 610pp (as it is) the Ferrari pulls back a lot on the straights. 👍

So I'm not surprised at the lap time difference, you could pull that back easily through practise.

The Ferrari takes a lot more patience and a good tune, the Ford is quick out of the box. With the Ford restricted to 610pp (as it is) the Ferrari pulls back a lot on the straights. 👍

So I'm not surprised at the lap time difference, you could pull that back easily through practise.

Now that I'm already placed in the Ferrari, I'll be able to focus on perfecting my craft in it.

Now that I'm already placed in the Ferrari, I'll be able to focus on perfecting my craft in it.

The key is just to tame the oversteer through tuning and drive with a light right foot.

From testing though the Ferrari is better on fuel and tyres than the Ford, so you'll have that advantage. 👍

The key is just to tame the oversteer through tuning and drive with a light right foot.

From testing though the Ferrari is better on fuel and tyres than the Ford, so you'll have that advantage. 👍

Yeah, I already figured the fuel mileage bit out, as I was able to get 4 1/4- 4 1/2 laps on 1/4 tank in the 330, as opposed to 4 laps in the Mk. IV. That should translate to 2 stops in the Le Mans race for the 330 vs. 3 for the Mk. IV.

Welcome Braun, interesting figures 👍

Marcos & Ginetta specs updated.

I really hope someone chooses either the Marcos or Ginetta. Will be great to race against em'

I would choose the Marcos if the time suited me, just tried it this afternoon and it's on rails, uses very little fuel and tyres and FF makes it so easy to drive consistently. :drool:

Plus it did actually race at Le Mans in 1967, which mine is painted to represent. :D

I would choose the Marcos if the time suited me, just tried it this afternoon and it's on rails, uses very little fuel and tyres and FF makes it so easy to drive consistently. :drool:

Plus it did actually race at Le Mans in 1967, which mine is painted to represent. :D

It has about half the fuel usage of other cars! It took part in 1966 too and actually finished that year ;)

Sign me up in a Ferrari if possible Furi :)

Sign me up in a Ferrari if possible Furi :)

👍 Welcome Matty, completing the prototype ranks! Entry list updated!

Anyone for a test tonight?

Last edited:
Test room open, Goodwood I reckon deserves some spots in the limelight ;)

Andd after ten minutes it is going from sun to cloud and back a lot, could be rain on the way...

Last edited:
It has about half the fuel usage of other cars! It took part in 1966 too and actually finished that year ;)

I know, but the '67 version featured new streamlined bodywork (they actually had to remodel the roof slightly because the stewards said their windscreen was too angled) and hit 143mph on the Mulsanne Straight. That plus the livery on the '66 one is....um.....well:

mm38.jpeg

:crazy:

v.s. the '67 car:

p01.jpeg

👍

Check out how they had to raise the front of the roof to accept the windscreen at the new angle. :lol:

Marcos permitted racing exhaust now, so from 178hp / 499pp to 193hp / 510pp.

On subject of Marcos lurvin'.

You can bet Joe and Yera will match the Jag times or better them.

Well 3:32/3 was a good time at Le Mans last season in the Ford so higher 33s/34s with the 5pp loss seems reasonable.

I think we did 3:35's as race pace (bear in mind this on sport soft, 2005 NC layout). I think Le Mans this season should be more interesting, last season was a little bit of a snore - after the 3 car crash at the first turn, that just left Joe unopposed. 6 prototypes, perhaps another 1 or 2 depending on GT / ST category entry levels, and maybe 1 unclassified entry depending on entries... (GT40 anyone? :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back