WSC IV - JoeOfTheFire, SagarisGTB, O'Rama, Jaguar, Corvette CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we did 3:35's as race pace (bear in mind this on sport soft, 2005 NC layout). I think Le Mans this season should be more interesting, last season was a little bit of a snore - after the 3 car crash at the first turn, that just left Joe unopposed. 6 prototypes, perhaps another 1 or 2 depending on GT / ST category entry levels, and maybe 1 unclassified entry depending on entries... (GT40 anyone? :D)

I'd have thought around the 34-35 mark would be race pace, so that makes sense.

Will be interesting to see how people choose to lose the 5pp on the Ford, might be worth sacrificing some aero at faster tracks.

Just did 4 laps in the Jag to see how the fuel use compares. 4 laps used 28 litres, so 7L per lap. This works out as 350L used over a race distance. Since you start with 100L in the tank, the Jag will need 250L over the course of it's pitstops.

Also I did 3:34.959 on the first of those flying laps (lap 2). Definitely more to come if I can tame the power oversteer in a couple of places. I was getting 205mph down the straight with max aero.

Just did 4 laps in the Jag to see how the fuel use compares. 4 laps used 28 litres, so 7L per lap. This works out as 350L used over a race distance. Since you start with 100L in the tank, the Jag will need 250L over the course of it's pitstops.

Also I did 3:34.959 on the first of those flying laps (lap 2). Definitely more to come if I can tame the power oversteer in a couple of places. I was getting 205mph down the straight with max aero.

I believe the Ford will get about 205 as well with its specs now, Ferrari around 210.

Also intermediates are allegedly same pace as the sports tyres in the dry...

Certainly creates a strategy black hole... Who remembers spa when the tyres tore up last season to the extent I was putting wheels on the grass to keep them cool?

Certainly creates a strategy black hole... Who remembers spa when the tyres tore up last season to the extent I was putting wheels on the grass to keep them cool?

The problem I had was simple tyre ware not temp.

I believe the Ford will get about 205 as well with its specs now, Ferrari around 210.

Hate how PD made the Ferrari too fast at the top end, it shouldn't be able to go much above 200, possibly 205. :grumpy:

I am open to tweaking all cars in PT / GT on a race by race basis, to ensure a Balance Of Performance.

Hate how PD made the Ferrari too fast at the top end, it shouldn't be able to go much above 200, possibly 205. :grumpy:

Scrap what I said, don't know what Ferrari you're driving Furi, but mine only get 204mph with max DF, Ford nudges 206mph at max DF even with 52kg ballast. Without it'll do 208. :odd:

However I still think the Ferrari shouldn't be that fast, it should do 204mph with low DF. :indiff:

On another note:

Daytona:
Marcos: 2:09.392
Cobra: 2:06.8xx

Really hope the Marcos pulls that back with fuel economy and tyre wear, otherwise it'll be nowhere. :ill:

They are upto a 30% wet track then they start loosing grip and the wets have to go on.

At some tracks the difference between 0% with dry tyres and 100% with wet tyres was less than 2 seconds in the Corvette.

GT Test Results

All times on Sports Medium tyres @Daytona Road Course w/~full tank

E-Type: 2:06.532- easily the fastest in a straight line, well over 155mph before the first corner, however lost almost 2 seconds to the Cobra in the infield. Will be little contest at Le Mans/Monza/Pescara.
Marcos: 2:09.392- Fun, but ultimately slow, easy to drive, but difficult to drive fast. Lightest on fuel and tyres though. Not for the faint hearted, wheelspin has to be controlled for fast laps.
Cobra: 2:05.812- Fastest car in the field at all but the fastest tracks, great acceleration, great handling but lacks top speed on the other cars.
GT350r: 2:07.329- Bit baffled as to why this is limited to 290bhp, would be more competitive with the full 321bhp. :confused: Good acceleration and a half decent top speed. But is severely lacking in the corners.
Ginetta: 2:07.630- Very nimble but strangely slow in the infield, most likely due to the lack of torque hindering acceleration. Perhaps surprisingly posted the 2nd fastest speed at the first corner at 151mph. Will be awesome at Pescara and Le Mans.
Corvette: 2:06.632- Easiest car to drive by far and reasonably quick, no throttle control required. Simply stand on the gas and feel the grip. Best brakes in the field, however it has a tendency to go light at the back under braking for turn 1 and does lack a bit of straight line speed.

Might as well post the Prototype results while I'm at it:

All on low fuel and Sports Soft tyres:

Ford: 1:41.872 – 1-2 tenths left in for sure, but stringing together the perfect lap is pretty much impossible here. Run at full PP, running with the 610pp cap brings the time closer to the Ferrari's.

Ferrari: 1:42.945 – a .7, maybe even a .6 is possible, but I really can't see it getting any more than that. Lower fuel loads just make the car even more difficult to drive so you can't get the benefits of lower fuel as well as in the Ford

Have not tested the XJ13.

Thought I might as well post this all up, give everyone an idea of what's what. 👍

What time are the races?

Rules & Regulations

~Grip Reduction is set to Real~

~Damage is HEAVY~

~All driving aids except ABS at 1 are disallowed.~

~Draft is Weak~

~Timetable will be as follows: 7pm BST Race Room Opens, Free Practise. 7.30pm - Technical Checks/ GT & ST Qualifying for 15mins. 7.45pm PT Qualifying / 8.00pm Race Start

~All race's barring LE MANS are run with a pace lap. The field paces around at a given speed single file until a call is given over mic to start forming up in a 2x2 formation with at least approximately one and a half to two car lengths between rows. The leader is allowed to accelerate and take the green any time from pit entry to the start stripe, from then the race is started for the whole field.~

~If a start is not formed in a satisfactory manner then it may called off and another lap will be done under pace speed.~

~Penalties are off.~

~Fuel Use and Tyre Wear is on NORMAL.~

~The WSC Points system will be as follows *10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1* for class results. If you DC or DNF before the 2/3rds mark of the race distance, then you will get half points for your position. If you do not make 2/3rds distance but are still in a spot to get points, you will receive half points.~

~Foul language in the lobby and / or other negative conduct will result in points deductions and bans.~

~You are generally NOT allowed to swap cars during the course of the season in class. However it is fine to show up in a Prototype one race, and GT car another, and ST car in another. However exceptions may be made but in these cases the driver is ruled ineligible for points due to the switch~

~Mics are on for drivers to talk and relay information to one another~

;)

1 week to the Roar Before The Rolex!

Just realised this thread existed, part time it is 👍 :D

Will be in from the official test day onwards :) Will test later :) Could I be full time racer from then onwards? No matter if not :)

Read Edit, chances will be no, I would quite like to be competitive the whole time, instead of just when a straight occurs ;)

Yes you can race full-time 👍 of course, looking forward to the Roar, should be an interesting chance to see everyone's pace.

Just realised this thread existed, part time it is 👍 :D

Will be in from the official test day onwards :) Will test later :) Could I be full time racer from then onwards? No matter if not :)

GT Test Results

All times on Sports Medium tyres @Daytona Road Course w/~full tank

E-Type: 2:06.532- easily the fastest in a straight line, well over 155mph before the first corner, however lost almost 2 seconds to the Cobra in the infield. Will be little contest at Le Mans/Monza/Pescara.
Marcos: 2:09.392- Fun, but ultimately slow, easy to drive, but difficult to drive fast. Lightest on fuel and tyres though. Not for the faint hearted, wheelspin has to be controlled for fast laps.
Cobra: 2:05.812- Fastest car in the field at all but the fastest tracks, great acceleration, great handling but lacks top speed on the other cars.
GT350r: 2:07.329- Bit baffled as to why this is limited to 290bhp, would be more competitive with the full 321bhp. :confused: Good acceleration and a half decent top speed. But is severely lacking in the corners.
Ginetta: 2:07.630- Very nimble but strangely slow in the infield, most likely due to the lack of torque hindering acceleration. Perhaps surprisingly posted the 2nd fastest speed at the first corner at 151mph. Will be awesome at Pescara and Le Mans.
Corvette: 2:06.632- Easiest car to drive by far and reasonably quick, no throttle control required. Simply stand on the gas and feel the grip. Best brakes in the field, however it has a tendency to go light at the back under braking for turn 1 and does lack a bit of straight line speed.

Might as well post the Prototype results while I'm at it:

All on low fuel and Sports Soft tyres:

Ford: 1:41.872 – 1-2 tenths left in for sure, but stringing together the perfect lap is pretty much impossible here. Run at full PP, running with the 610pp cap brings the time closer to the Ferrari's.

Ferrari: 1:42.945 – a .7, maybe even a .6 is possible, but I really can't see it getting any more than that. Lower fuel loads just make the car even more difficult to drive so you can't get the benefits of lower fuel as well as in the Ford

Have not tested the XJ13.

Thought I might as well post this all up, give everyone an idea of what's what. 👍

Should give you a basic idea of what each car can do. Cobra and Jag will be the winning cars, perhaps a Corvette or Ginetta might throw a spanner in the works. 👍

All GT times can be improved by around .5 with practise.

Should give you a basic idea of what each car can do. Cobra and Jag will be the winning cars, perhaps a Corvette or Ginetta might throw a spanner in the works. 👍

Yeah, Cobra will be no.1 on my list, might choose Ginetta though

Yeah, Cobra will be no.1 on my list, might choose Ginetta though

Cobra is a great car, surprisingly controllable with good acceleration, brakes aren't great and tops out a bit lower than most of the others.

I'd recommend trying the Corvette as it'll breeze through the longer races with little concentration required and shows a decent turn of speed when you really push it. 👍

I'd only recommend the Ginetta if you want a challenge, to post a competitive time it needed to be right on the edge and the handling is very unpredictable over bumps/kerbs, however it'll be quicker at other tracks. Also has by far the worst brakes in the field. :lol:

EDIT: ^ Nevermind....

Entry updated. Nce to have a GT/ST mix. Open to an additional car or two at some events as well.

I'm switching to the ST class too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back