WSC VII - DrifterJoe, Snowcrash, Ford Champions!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,073 comments
Only two turns on this Matterhorn variant that worries me. The fast downhill left hander after the start/finish line and the blind left hander before the pit entrance.

Overlook that, Dristelen is about best Matterhorn to do racing without @ranhammerR34 leading the first half-hour with people crashing all over place. :P

Confirmed / reserved entries I know of, to start us off:

GT-O
Furi / Ford Mk IV
@gtpanoz / Ford Mk IV
@FlyingFox / Shelby Daytona

GT-O
@Yeratel84 Ferrari 250GT
@Ninners Ferrari 250GT
@chrisjohnson93 Corvette Stingray
@ranhammerR34 Shelby Mustang
@R0ssingt0n Shelby Mustanh.

Rumoured / Unconfirmed.
@Akmuq
@LancerEvo7
@SagarisGTB
@TDZdave
@RyanRacer
@snowgt

If I make it to 20 mil, I'll take the Ferrari 330 P4. If not, then I'll take the Shelby Daytona. Most likely I will be using the
Ferrari, though.

It's also Shakespeare.

Yes it is. 👍

No you pie. It will be a complete and utter mess, first corner will be a crash, then the weird hairpin thing, then the left hander with the rediculous drop. ;)

I like pie! But that's the skill right there Luke. Having said that I bet this is the first and last time we go here as there will no doubt be a wreck somewhere its just about wide enough for an overtake but put a wheel off the circuit and its all over for you and who ever you are racing with.

Last edited:
This series really needs goodwood circuit,

It's coming ;)

If I make it to 20 mil, I'll take the Ferrari 330 P4. If not, then I'll take the Shelby Daytona. Most likely I will be using the
Ferrari, though.

Sure. I did say two of each car but Dave is only part time and I understand budget issues for people.

Yes it is. 👍

I like pie! But that's the skill right there Luke. Having said that I bet this is the first and last time we go here as there will no doubt be a wreck somewhere its just about wide enough for an overtake but put a wheel off the circuit and its all over for you and who ever you are racing with.

I'm awaiting that new spanish DLC track...

Last edited:
To be honest, if the pit stop issues get fixed I'll be far more enthused than I currently am. Not really looking forward to such long races with the issues I've experienced/heard about.

I'll try the P-class Jag and Shelby and see if they suit me for this series. Otherwise I'll go GT-O.

To be honest, if the pit stop issues get fixed I'll be far more enthused than I currently am.

I'll try the P-class Jag and Shelby and see if they suit me for this series. Otherwise I'll go GT-O.

Although physics changes still exist, the tyre wear glitch does not exist on sport tyres. (@Spurgy 777 ) did the testing.

Although physics changes still exist, the tyre wear glitch does not exist on sport tyres. (@Spurgy 777 ) did the testing.
But there are problems with sports tires. In another series, we use SS tires and after stops the cars become (consistently for me) 1-2 seconds slower compared to the tires everyone started the race with. That wouldn't be much of a problem if the "glitch" affected everyone equally, but I'm not so sure.

But there are problems with sports tires. In another series, we use SS tires and after stops the cars are (consistently for me) 1-2 seconds slower than before the tires I started the race with. That wouldn't be much of a problem if the "glitch" affected everyone equally, but I'm not so sure.

Hmm. Well at least the extra tyre wear isn't there. It's better than what it could be.

Sure as heck did in a test i carried out last night :indiff: I thought the same as you until Joe told me otherwise hope to god it effects everyone and not randomly that really would be poop!:irked:

I'm in in GT-O class. I'll do some private testing with all cars in class on Saturday, but it might be difficult to have significant results instantly with myriads of setups being possible now.

Sure as heck did in a test i carried out last night :indiff: I thought the same as you until Joe told me otherwise hope to god it effects everyone and not randomly that really would be poop!:irked:
I'm in in GT-O class. I'll do some private testing with all cars in class on Saturday, but it might be difficult to have significant results instantly with myriads of setups being possible now.

A positive is that being sport tyres they wear slower than racing hards, so stints shouldn't be too short. GT-O specs still need a little work.

I'll would like to join GT-P.
Jaguar is so easy to drive that it's quite save choice.
This time round I would like to take some risk to make more spinning/crashing when trying to control Ford GT40 Race car with high rpm turbo. Car is quite difficult to control but I take it and try to learn to drive it.

I'll would like to join GT-P.
Jaguar is so easy to drive that it's quite save choice.
This time round I would like to take some risk to make more spinning/crashing when trying to control Ford GT40 Race car with high rpm turbo. Car is quite difficult to control but I take it and try to learn to drive it.

Another Prototype. Welcome back 👍

I was considering sitting this out for a season but now the thread is up I just can't do that :lol: Looking forward to getting back into this 👍

Looking at the current calender, I will be able to do the final round, Spa. If this came at a time when I had nothing else on Sunday, I would have full attention on it. Put me down as a reserve and hopefully I'll be able to secure a spot for Spa. Car TBC

DK
I'm dreading Dristelen already.

I'm not that much a fan of it either. I still think Riffelsee would be better. But it's up to Furi, and I'm just glad he felt at least one form of Matterhorn was acceptable. They're bizarre courses.

I'm not that much a fan of it either. I still think Riffelsee would be better. But it's up to Furi, and I'm just glad he felt at least one form of Matterhorn was acceptable. They're bizarre courses.

That has death drop turn.

Back