WSC VII - DrifterJoe, Snowcrash, Ford Champions!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,073 comments
Dristelen

425px-Matterhorn_dristelen2.png

Riffelsee

423px-Matterhorn_riffelsee2.png

Is that not the death drop corner you speak of?

Does braking mean anything anymore? :P But I do get your point, it can be pretty dangerous.

Last edited:
MatterhornDristelen_1.jpg

Accidents have always been a part of motor racing with drivers putting their lives on the line in the pursuit of victory.

As part of its ongoing efforts to make the sport safer for the drivers. The World Sportscar Championship has joined forces with Chevrolet to create the ultimate lifesaving machine.

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicanes_1.jpg

This is the Chevrolet El Camino RMV (Rapid Medical Vehicle).
A 200+ MPH ambulance created to aid brave drivers in their time of need.

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicanes_2.jpg

Powered by supercharged 6.5 liter V8 producing over 820 HP and weighing just over 1200 kilos.
The El Camino RMV gives both doctors and patients a comfortable ride at rapid pace to the hospital.

NuumlrburgringNordschleife_1.jpg

When urgent time calls for urgent measures, the WSC officials has also installed a nitrous oxide system to the RMV.
With a flip of a switch by the driver, a 50 shot blast of nitrous sends the RMV to its destination in record time!

MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_2.jpg

During the offseason, the WSC has tested the RMV at various circuits around the world in preparation for the World Sportcar Championship season VII!

DaytonaRoadCourse.jpg

With the introduction the Chevrolet El Camino RMV, drivers can race with a clear mind with this machine sitting by a corner when needed.

MatterhornDristelen_1.jpg

Accidents have always been a part of motor racing with drivers putting their lives on the line in the pursuit of victory.

As part of its ongoing efforts to make the sport safer for the drivers. The World Sportscar Championship has joined forces with Chevrolet to create the ultimate lifesaving machine.

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicanes_1.jpg

This is the Chevrolet El Camino RMV (Rapid Medical Vehicle).
A 200+ MPH ambulance created to aid brave drivers in their time of need.

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicanes_2.jpg

Powered by supercharged 6.5 liter V8 producing over 820 HP and weighing just over 1200 kilos.
The El Camino RMV gives both doctors and patients a comfortable ride at rapid pace to the hospital.

NuumlrburgringNordschleife_1.jpg

When urgent time calls for urgent measures, the WSC officials has also installed a nitrous oxide system to the RMV.
With a flip of a switch by the driver, a 50 shot blast of nitrous sends the RMV to its destination in record time!

MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_2.jpg

During the offseason, the WSC has tested the RMV at various circuits around the world in preparation for the World Sportcar Championship season VII!

DaytonaRoadCourse.jpg

With the introduction the Chevrolet El Camino RMV, drivers can race with a clear mind with this machine sitting by a corner when needed.

I was expecting to see a final picture of it also on its roof. ;)

Okay, since I saw that the Ferrari is limited to 410 BHP I've decided to instead use the one and only...The Jag.
Did you say only two of the same car are allowed?

So I finally watched Rush the other day and yeah it was pretty good, definitely entertaining. But little Ronnie Howard failed at the things that you knew ol' Opie would. The movie was terrifically suspenseful, Ronnie's always been good at the thrill ride (see: Apollo 13) and any Formula 1 fan will love the details. As good of a director as Lil' Ronnie is though, an auteur he is not. The racing scenes fail for the same reason the sex scenes do: we aren't happy with simply a glimpse of a tit. The same way we are not happy with just a glimpse of a race. Did any of the grands prix in the movie last more than a minute and a half? Did we see a shot of an F1 car racing for more than 2 seconds? Rush is a good movie. It just isn't a motorsports movie.

At this point you are probably saying: **** off Asshole! Waaaayyyyyyy off topic! But Wait! I am getting to the good part.

After watching Rush I decided to watch the greatest motorsports movie of all time, you can watch it here:

I'm sure many of you have already seen or heard of the movie Le Mans starring Steve McQueen. The plot is simple: 24 hours of Le Mans, Porsche vs. Ferrari. McQueen doesn't utter his first line of dialogue until 30 minutes into the film, beyond that the dialogue is sparse. The movie is essentially an hour and a half of the 1970 Le Mans 24 hours plus 20 minutes of showing the behind the scenes aspects of the race.

Watch this movie and you will wish that WSC started tomorrow! I do...

So I finally watched Rush the other day and yeah it was pretty good, definitely entertaining. But little Ronnie Howard failed at the things that you knew ol' Opie would. The movie was terrifically suspenseful, Ronnie's always been good at the thrill ride (see: Apollo 13) and any Formula 1 fan will love the details. As good of a director as Lil' Ronnie is though, an auteur he is not. The racing scenes fail for the same reason the sex scenes do: we aren't happy with simply a glimpse of a tit. The same way we are not happy with just a glimpse of a race. Did any of the grands prix in the movie last more than a minute and a half? Did we see a shot of an F1 car racing for more than 2 seconds? Rush is a good movie. It just isn't a motorsports movie.

At this point you are probably saying: **** off Asshole! Waaaayyyyyyy off topic! But Wait! I am getting to the good part.

After watching Rush I decided to watch the greatest motorsports movie of all time, you can watch it here:

I'm sure many of you have already seen or heard of the movie Le Mans starring Steve McQueen. The plot is simple: 24 hours of Le Mans, Porsche vs. Ferrari. McQueen doesn't utter his first line of dialogue until 30 minutes into the film, beyond that the dialogue is sparse. The movie is essentially an hour and a half of the 1970 Le Mans 24 hours plus 20 minutes of showing the behind the scenes aspects of the race.

Watch this movie and you will wish that WSC started tomorrow! I do...

Le Mans (the movie) is quite extra-ordinary, but it's almost more of a documentary than a movie. It has no plot to speak of (something that almost caused it not to be made in the first place), but the racing is depicted better than in any other film, simply, because it was done with real cars at the time - something that's practically impossible today, at least with the cars of the 70's, and with someone hell-bent to show it as it was without regard to box-office, etc.

For a general audience, the racing scenes in Rush are very well done. There's hardly anything in those that makes you cringe, like CGI-cars moving in impossible ways, and the sound-effects are also brilliant. For somebody to finance this movie however, it had to be marketable, so it had to have a story appealing also to other people than die-hard racing fans. The good thing was, that the story actually had happened like that, so it really doesn't take away anything from being a film about racing. If they had tried to focus more on the racing, I think sooner or later it would have showed that much of the shots would have had to be CGI, so I prefer the way they did it.

What time are you considering opening the test lobby? I want to attend it but also don't want to miss Top Gear...

Back