WSC VII - DrifterJoe, Snowcrash, Ford Champions!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,073 comments
Me and Furi happen to find a setup change before tonight race, results paid off most part to say the least.

Me and Furi happen to find a setup change before tonight race, results paid off most part to say the least.

Well I was already in 2:01's. Ironically Panoz, I reckon it didn't help at all with lap time, if anything made me a little slower, but it made the car more predictable. I'm running something totally different from you remember.

Well I was already in 2:01's. Ironically Panoz, I reckon it didn't help at all with lap time, if anything made me a little slower, but it made the car more predictable. I'm running something totally different from you remember.

And you won the race!

The rain saved me from 6th place purgatory.

Going to update entry list. Couple changes / tweaks to who gets priority from now on.

Now hate @Furinkazen with the intensity of 1000 suns. Would rarther eat my own spleen......ahh here comes the wife to serve it up to me with chips....yummy.

Ryan finished my race off 10 seconds after it started.

The GT40 spun in front of me at the beginning and I collided with it and then a whole bunch of bllaahh happened.

The GT40 spun in front of me at the beginning and I collided with it and then a whole bunch of bllaahh happened.

Err no. Plux spun in front of you. You spun avoiding Plux and decided to kamikaze. Hint - hold the brakes when spinning.

Despite getting nailed in the rear, hitting poor @CAMikaze very late in the race, and sliding off every lap; I didn't give up! I finished dead last, was classified (unlike Daytona), and scored two points. Anyway, lets hope the rain stays the hell away from Monza, and big congrats to @Furinkazen and @R0ssingt0n on the epic victories in their classes. It was a great race everyone! :D

My full race report. Was capable of 2:01's pre race night but tech changes meant that I lost pace, in favour of handling. Start was just keep it on the road. After Daytona I knew I needed a good score, and I managed to maintain a gap over @jammy21. Simple reeled off the laps. Had a small spin in the stint but seemed ok. When rain came down I was wondering when to pit, but then @gtpanoz who had already stopped blazed by, so I followed him in the pits. As rain came down I just kept it stable. The trick with a 4 speed car is how easy it is to drive. You're not changing gear all time like a 5/6 speed, with the revs fluctuating up and down. I could do the kink on the National start straight almost flat, sideways and be in total control. So I passed Panoz, who had a spin, caught Joe who just fell backwards, and then... went off. Repeat twice. Catch Joe, and go off, including a scary one on the grass on the front straight. Survived encounters with traffic and made it to the end. Not a perfect race for me, but one i'll remember.

Great to be back in the winners circle after 3 months, to the day - even sweeter in my beautiful Ford Mk IV. :cheers:

Now hate @Furinkazen with the intensity of 1000 suns. Would rarther eat my own spleen......ahh here comes the wife to serve it up to me with chips....yummy.

Ryan finished my race off 10 seconds after it started.
Wait for a gap in traffic to rejoin the track too -_-

Err no. Plux spun in front of you. You spun avoiding Plux and decided to kamikaze. Hint - hold the brakes when spinning.

I'm done with this. Just leave me alone.

You are still talking about me like I'm a (not allowed to name or shame) or a (not allowed to name or shame).

We're just helping you.... You never learn unless people tell you where you are wrong.

Wait for a gap in traffic to rejoin the track too -_-

yes. very uncomfortable leading your class and being around ryan in the race today.

sorry I don't mean to pile on but awareness is a huge factor and so is trust. A lot of us have been racing together for a long time now and we know where and what we can get away with racing each other. For example I know that DK is incredibly difficult to pass (even when you are lapping him :D). So I know that when I approach DK I'm going to have to work for it. It is the same for most of us where we know what to expect from each other. We don't know what to expect from Ryan. This is by no means an insult, I am not deriding your driving ability, and I hope you understand that people here are all about helping each other and having fun. The fact remains that you have some work to do on your race craft, you were entering the track after offs with no regard for other drivers and that is simply unacceptable.

Last edited:
Well you careered across the run off at unabated speed straight into him..? If you just locked the brake you would have stopped and done far less damage to yourself and not ruined his race.

Fact as you where always spinning and not letting cars through.

Example #3

Back