WTF is it with everyone rushing to 40

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chipgore
  • 90 comments
  • 8,172 views
Messages
21
Messages
Chipgore
There is thread after thread of people complaining about the a-spec grind blah blah and how it drops off at lvl 23-25 however you've been playing the game. My question is what's the bloody point? All you get is a few endurances races unlocked which alot of people arent willing to do anyway.

You can race on all the tracks, buy any car you want at that level, why must people force themselves to grind to a higher level for nothing, this game wasnt made to be finished overnight.
 
If you said that about GT4, then it would be true (with the finishing comment anyway).
With the shoddy work put into the single player career, It's like PD WANTED us to finish it quickly. There are less than half of the events in GT4 that are in GT5. The only way they were able to artificially make the game longer was by making us grind, which people complained about, so we now have the seasonal events.
 
I've never felt the need to rush anything for trophies.

btw, I'm a-spec level 25 and not rushing anything.
 
the satisfaction of completion. that's it. it's low hanging fruit, and people want to grab it. so yes, OCD is the correct answer
 
There is thread after thread of people complaining about the a-spec grind blah blah and how it drops off at lvl 23-25 however you've been playing the game. My question is what's the bloody point? All you get is a few endurances races unlocked which alot of people arent willing to do anyway.

You can race on all the tracks, buy any car you want at that level, why must people force themselves to grind to a higher level for nothing, this game wasnt made to be finished overnight.

But that's exactly the thing, if you stop at level 23/25/27 whatever and don't want to do any endurance races the game is virtually done very quickly, because of a lack of A-Spec events.
 
I find it odd as well. Especially with the new seasonal events. I started a new account a few days ago and thus far have not driven a single A Spec event but am at level 23 almost level 24 and still have one seasonal event to do as well as most of the special events. Should be level 25 once they are all done and able to choose any A-Spec race at that point.

Level 40 will take a while but who cares. I plan on playing for a while, lots of online racing and offline tuning.

One of the things I disliked about Forza was how quickly you could hit max level. In Forza 2 you could actually get to level 50 without even driving a race. On 3 you did at least have to drive but you could get lots of XP from driving a race car on an oval track with AI opponents. Was no problem at all to get level 50 in a week or so without ever running a single challenging race.
 
I've never felt the need to rush anything for trophies.

btw, I'm a-spec level 25 and not rushing anything.

^Exactly how I feel^.

The season events are great too.

..
 
I'm a completionist and I have some trouble starting other "projects" when I still have others to complete. So I focus quite intently on getting one done so I can start another (I have Black Ops in my queue after this). Unfortunately the DS3 seemingly can't handle getting a gold on Suzuka Vettel challenge so I'm not sure what I'll do about that. But I will still work on getting Gold on the GP/F and I already have one for Monza.
 
I find it odd as well. Especially with the new seasonal events. I started a new account a few days ago and thus far have not driven a single A Spec event but am at level 23 almost level 24 and still have one seasonal event to do as well as most of the special events. Should be level 25 once they are all done and able to choose any A-Spec race at that point.

Level 40 will take a while but who cares. I plan on playing for a while, lots of online racing and offline tuning.

One of the things I disliked about Forza was how quickly you could hit max level. In Forza 2 you could actually get to level 50 without even driving a race. On 3 you did at least have to drive but you could get lots of XP from driving a race car on an oval track with AI opponents. Was no problem at all to get level 50 in a week or so without ever running a single challenging race.

And then I Spose the forza people complained it was to easy to finish lol.

I guess at the end of the day you can't make everyone happy.
 
If you said that about GT4, then it would be true (with the finishing comment anyway).
With the shoddy work put into the single player career, It's like PD WANTED us to finish it quickly. There are less than half of the events in GT4 that are in GT5. The only way they were able to artificially make the game longer was by making us grind, which people complained about, so we now have the seasonal events.

Seems to me more like PD wanted players to play online and build up their EXP and credits there in addition to playing offline. They didn't expect people to shun the online experience, they expected it to supplement the single player game. Instead they were met with people just dying to get everything in the first month of getting the game.

Tell me why do you need to grind? Why can't you just play races, play online, and when you get to level 30 or level 40 you get there. You don't NEED to do anything, you WANT to get to a higher level faster and therefore you grind.
 
Same reason people try to beat lap records, because we're men and competing is what men do!
 
And then I Spose the forza people complained it was to easy to finish lol.

I guess at the end of the day you can't make everyone happy.
Not really but there were a lot of people bragging about getting to level 50 LOL. I had level 50 on 2 accounts in 1 week and I hadn't even did most of the career races. Just racing online with my friends for the most part. There were a lot of people complaing that there were way to many races in Forza with no real reward but all were required to get the achivement points.
 
I rushed to level 30 because I wanted to try the X2010. Now that I've done that, I'm working on B-Spec.
 
Dear Mr. OP, Let me explain this.

1. People are entitled to want to complete the game.
2. Completing the game requires grinding due to lack of events and a poor leveling system.
 
The only thing i'm rushing is to get my B-spec driver to level 40,then i can start enjoying the game properly.
I doubt i will get to A-spec level 40 anytime soon,i hate the fact that PD added the experience points for this game and made the licenses null.
 
Dear Mr. OP, Let me explain this.

1. People are entitled to want to complete the game.
2. Completing the game requires grinding due to lack of events and a poor leveling system.

1 and the developers are entitled to sell a game with a lot of re-playability and a focus on online as well as offline events and bi-weekly challenges.
2. let me correct that, completing the game in a short period of time requires a lot of grinding due to the need to circumvent the design of the game to be long term and replayable.
 
Seems to me more like PD wanted players to play online and build up their EXP and credits there in addition to playing offline. They didn't expect people to shun the online experience, they expected it to supplement the single player game. Instead they were met with people just dying to get everything in the first month of getting the game.

Tell me why do you need to grind? Why can't you just play races, play online, and when you get to level 30 or level 40 you get there. You don't NEED to do anything, you WANT to get to a higher level faster and therefore you grind.

Already level 34. I haven't done about half of my available endurance races. I was just trying to make a point that before the seasonal events, the grinding was required because there was also no earning of online credits at that point.

Also, there's people who want the trophies. I think GT5 is the only game I want all of the trophies for.
 
I guess people want to compete with others through having a higher level in aspec or bspec

I'm currently lvl 19 in A spec and I am just enjoying every single race thats thrown at me. I also really enjoy the Bonus Online Races, those are fun, especially since they give so many credits.. =D

Personally I care about credits, and buying/tuning cars rather than getting levels.

Bspec I'm level 9, and its great to train up my driver to win races, especially close ones where he overtakes the first place car in the last lap. Great stuff :dopey:
 
1 and the developers are entitled to sell a game with a lot of re-playability and a focus on online as well as offline events and bi-weekly challenges.
2. let me correct that, completing the game in a short period of time requires a lot of grinding due to the need to circumvent the design of the game to be long term and replayable.

This, I've played since the original and the games have lasted for 12 months or more, your always coming back to buy that car you don't have in your collection and earn the money for it.

I think it's great that it will take so long to finish it, and only those dedicated to enjoying the game over and over again for months on end will hopefully reach 40 one day :-)
 
Already level 34. I haven't done about half of my available endurance races. I was just trying to make a point that before the seasonal events, the grinding was required because there was also no earning of online credits at that point.

Also, there's people who want the trophies. I think GT5 is the only game I want all of the trophies for.

The game admittedly shipped incomplete, but the seasonal events and online credits were planned from the beginning, the features just weren't ready for prime time when the game was stamped and shipped. They probably figured (incorrectly I might add) that people wouldn't get far enough in the game that they would have time to put these things out to pick right up.

Theres no way they developed, programmed, and tested those features in that short of a time, especially considering how many times this thing was delayed.
 
I have no problem with games that take hundreds of hours to complete, as long as they don't include grinding! Whether you get to level 40 in a month or 3 years, you're going to have to do the same events over and over and over again to get there.
 
1 and the developers are entitled to sell a game with a lot of re-playability and a focus on online as well as offline events and bi-weekly challenges.
I don't really see that replayability. Replayability would be making races that players enjoy and having them do those races again volunterily.

And as an online player, I don't see this focus on online. Online pays you essentially nothing. I've done 20 lap races and didn't even get 20,000 cr. And XP is even worse.

2. let me correct that, completing the game in a short period of time requires a lot of grinding due to the need to circumvent the design of the game to be long term and replayable.

Long term is not setting arbitrary restrictions to delay access the later parts of the game. Why should someone need to do a race more than once just to get to a new race? It makes no sense. You should be able to pick whatever race you want to do at your lesiure. If the game was long term, there would be enough races to do that. Long term comes from high enjoyment and ample content. GT Life does not supply either.

You're defending the design of the game as if it has to be correct. It isn't at all. The developer may have some idea of how the game was meant to played, yet that doesn't mean that the intended path is worth taking.
 
I don't really see that replayability. Replayability would be making races that players enjoy and having them do those races again volunterily.

And as an online player, I don't see this focus on online. Online pays you essentially nothing. I've done 20 lap races and didn't even get 20,000 cr. And XP is even worse.

I guess it depends on opponents or some other factors I don't know. I've seen online races with 12-16 people that ran for a half hour or more (laps depends on the track obv) that paid much more.

Long term is not setting arbitrary restrictions to delay access the later parts of the game. Why should someone need to do a race more than once just to get to a new race? It makes no sense. You should be able to pick whatever race you want to do at your lesiure. If the game was long term, there would be enough races to do that. Long term comes from high enjoyment and ample content. GT Life does not supply either.

You're defending the design of the game as if it has to be correct. It isn't at all. The developer may have some idea of how the game was meant to played, yet that doesn't mean that the intended path is worth taking.

I am at level 28 and have yet to NEED to repeat anything. I have repeated a few races I wanted to, but never needed to. If you're playing a combination of online and offline and you are interested in just playing the game, not the reward at the end, and are willing to wait and not be able to just access the last race in a week, thats how they wanted it to be played. I for one am enjoying it this way, and it appears many others are as well. People that like things are usually less vocal than people who don't. I'm also OK with the fact I can't run the 24 hrs of Nurburgring just yet, but some day maybe in 6 months or so of playing, I will.

I am not saying its perfect or its right, but thats just the way it is, not a mistake. I don't think you're going to get that though as I recall you're the same guy who I have had discussions here in the past about the fact you also expect them to give you every single car in the game from the beginning as well.

Thats how they designed the game, you are more than fee and welcome to have an opinion on it and not like it, but your opinion doesn't mean their design is wrong.
 
A-Spec 25, B-Spec 0.
Thats where i am right now and i'm in no rush to get to 40. I will get to 40 eventually, but i'll take my time. It is a game after all, not my life. If racing was my life, then it'd be a whole different story. :)
 
If you are rushing to 40 then do NOT complain about grinding.

The developer may have some idea of how the game was meant to played, yet that doesn't mean that the intended path is worth taking.

There is no single path, i will enjoy the same races with different cars, and it is worth taking.

There are seasonal events, as well as playing online, if this is not enough, it's time to resell.
 
Last edited:
I think it's great that it will take so long to finish it, and only those dedicated to enjoying the game over and over again for months on end will hopefully reach 40 one day :-)

The crazy thing is, there are already people on level 40 both a and b-spec, not only this, but some also have the platinum trophy already, which I find absolutely insane, I just do not understand how they managed that, letting the console on for 24/7?

There are seasonal events, as well as playing online, if this is not enough, it's time to resell.

Haha I love how people are still despirately defending this game no matter what and come always with the same argument "don't like it-sell it" , just poor and laughable.
 
Back