WWC II - Series EndedOpen 

if someone can help me whit a setup for spa, a big hug from here
Since I'm not a "tuner" at all I'm trying out THIS one*. It seems to work in that I can go around the track (mostly) without crashing. Wether it makes me any faster is debatable. :)

* With the added power and weight adjustments

I'm still working my setup. This 1000hp monster is hard to tame.

GhostRider's setup seems to be ok (without testing it) and save to use.

I'm just using my standard AWD tune which I've always used for every car, which doesn't seem very fast but it stays on track most of the time just from familiarity. I'm not sure if anyone else would enjoy it. It's generally minimum lowness, spring rates front set about 40% of the way to the right across the bar and rear 60%, dampers set 2-2 and 1-1 comp and ext, stock camber and toe (that the racing suspension gives you), and I don't touch the diff either but I always run 30/70 in the torque split. It has most of the extremes I'm fond of in my setups. If it's not dragging the ground I don't like it. I'm running my brakes at 3 or 4 front and 7 or 8 rear. For both cars. I also have all the ballast at the rear to meet the 1600kgs.

This reminds me of racing the Escudo in GT2 and especially GT3 (where they made it drive much worse) except heavier.

Last edited:
Also I had a dream last night about Friday's race. There were 11 people showed up, I finished 8th in the first one, the second one I dropped out because I accidentally selected manual transmission somehow and also somehow managed to miss the start of a race that I controlled the start of. Jammy won both races.
by chance, did you dream with spanish lottery numbers?:P
:gtpflag:

What a surprise, I forgot to save the replay or take a picture of the results for the second race. Anybody got them? I know the top 6 and that tooma was 11th...

Attachments

• 20160924_011945.jpg
    20160924_011945.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20160924_012000.jpg
    20160924_012000.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 21
1st race was amazing fun. Really tight battle with many racers, esp Tom_A and ajh both very respectful drivers. :cool:

I really couldn't control my super sport RS6!!! :crazy: I only drove it for the first time tonight but couldn't miss Spa!! Near the end of the race had a good battle with goofy and rich but they were suffering more understeer than I was.

This is a good championship. 👍

:cheers:

Slightly disappointing network problems for me tonight. For some reason my broadband connection dropped out before I'd even joined the track in the first race. On rejoining I couldn't see Tom Ascar and Fadmad was stationary throughout, so I latched on to Tooma and followed him around closely (good race Tom).

After further rejoins I still couldn't see all the cars so decided it best not get involved with the 1000hp monsters. I didn't want to spoil anyone's race when points are involved.

Still never mind there was a good turnout Blue. Your Waggons mark 2 looks to be another winner. 👍

(Because I couldn't see Fad I thought you'd got a podium Jocke :boggled:)

Results

Race 1 - Spa (STK)

1. jam_my21
2. joe___bananas
3. PureGT_GOOFY
4. bloodyboyblue
5. buybon355
6. JockeP22
7. sutsagrd
8. ajh_1990
9. Tom_Ascar
10. Fadmad_gt5
11. gu1tar3rich
12. IfAndOr
13. iamtooma
14. dave76543210 (DNF)

Fast Lap: jam_my21

Race 2 - Spa (SW)
1. jam_my21
2. fadmad_gt5
3. joe___bananas
4. JockeP22
5. bloodyboyblue
6. dave76543210
7. Tom_Ascar
8. sutsagrd
9. PureGT_GOOFY
10. gu1tar3rich
11. iamtooma
12. IfAndOr (DNF)

Fast Lap: jam_my21

I decided to give Dave and Paul points for last in their respective races since them not racing wasn't in their control, and they both stayed in the room the entire time.

Sorry to @andrew1990, like I said after you left, the meeting usually is over in an hour or less, the usual network misfortune befell us tonight and dragged things out a bit. It seemed to mostly be Tom_A, fad and Paul who couldnt see each other which was strange since the 3 of you had no problems syncing with each other in the entire muscle car series.

I enjoyed both races anyway, the stock race was all about not overdriving the corners and keeping up momentum while somewhat conserving the front tires and keeping off the grass. I enjoyed moving up from 12th to 4th, had a few good races with Rich and Jocke and Colin. Jocke was an unstoppable force tonight, like a boulder rolling down a hill, he kept getting bigger in the mirror as each race wore on.

The 1000hp race was predictably chaos at the start but it seemed like everyone fell into a rhythm, Tooma had his usual strong start, and I thought Dave would manage a podium but joe eventually found his way up the order. I just couldn't find a way past Tom_A for about 3 laps until eventually a penalty befell him. I don't know how a 2:13 lap was even possible. I MIGHT have gotten into the 2:16s like Fad did or maybe high 15s on fresh tires with absolutely clear track...but that'd still be 3 seconds off Jammy's pace.

Anyways, none of us really knew what we were doing tonight and I saw everyone (and myself) exceeding the track limits multiple times, that was to be expected. These cars are hard to get where you want them to be.

Any feedback on the cars/the racing in general? I'll put the grip reduction on low instead of real for the custom tracks, since the muscle car series taught me that that definitely makes them more fun. I'm worried about the network next week...fingers crossed.

Standings posted in Post 2 as usual.

Last edited:
The first race I had nothing to do except try and keep Jammy keen which only lasted a few laps then he was 5+ seconds ahead. Great line/speed through eau rouge in the stock race mate. Second race at eau rouge I nibbled a bit at the bottom and you at the top but I couldn't match your lap times. My best lap in practice was 2:14.3, 0.5 off your best lap in the race, so well done. I think I tapped Dave en route to 3rd, sorry, and banged jocke when he had a moment, ouch. There was no catching fadmad for 2nd though, so grats fad. Good to see richy, dave and goofy again!

Any feedback on the cars/the racing in general?

Love the stock/1000hp combo and the RS6 copes surprising well with the hp going through the RHs. I know you like Mospark blue, as I do too, but I'm not convinced fourteen racers, or sixteen with Al and John back, in 1000hp monsters with the inevitable healthy dose lag on that track is gonna be fun. Not sure the corners are gonna work for it, might be wrong though as I only spent 5 minutes on it earlier. Like Colin, I'm not sure what races I'll make as the start time on Saturday morning is one of the only times during the week I can sit down and enjoy breakfast with my wife:tup:

My best with stock was 2'38.447 and with tuned 2'13.201.
In 1st race it was close few laps and then you just little by little dropped from my pace and then I could run more relax and not put everything on the line.
2nd race was little chaos at the start 1-2 laps when there was lot of late braking and corners run offs. Penalty setting seems to make lot of ghosts cars :) After few laps everyone seems to find better rythm.
Eau rouge: stock car was easier to put in right driving line and in 2nd race I have more difficulties to get it right. From the replay I check my own driving and only 4 times (out of 9 laps) it was clean one :embarrassed:
The first race I had nothing to do except try and keep Jammy keen which only lasted a few laps then he was 5+ seconds ahead. Great line/speed through eau rouge in the stock race mate. Second race at eau rouge I nibbled a bit at the bottom and you at the top but I couldn't match your lap times. My best lap in practice was 2:14.3, 0.5 off your best lap in the race, so well done.

Nice be back with wagons. I also like this stock vs tuned mix as now there is really big difference between two cars.
Hopefully networks problem don't take over us and we could run series through.
Lag/networks problems might also depend the room host and we had some lag with mucle car series also. Let's just live with it and hope for best.
Any feedback on the cars/the racing in general? I'll put the grip reduction on low instead of real for the custom tracks, since the muscle car series taught me that that definitely makes them more fun. I'm worried about the network next week...fingers crossed.

I was struggeling with the tuned beast and as i´m no tuner I just used a tuning I found but need to do something to the understeer:odd:

Heavy powerful cars nearly always have understeer and a good tune can make you 3+ seconds at Spa.

My best with stock was 2'38.447 and with tuned 2'13.201.

My best in stock was 0.1 quicker than your time in practice but 1.1 seconds off you in the Super Series. Good tune mate.

Love the stock/1000hp combo and the RS6 copes surprising well with the hp going through the RHs. I know you like Mospark blue, as I do too, but I'm not convinced fourteen racers, or sixteen with Al and John back, in 1000hp monsters with the inevitable healthy dose lag on that track is gonna be fun. Not sure the corners are gonna work for it, might be wrong though as I only spent 5 minutes on it earlier. Like Colin, I'm not sure what races I'll make as the start time on Saturday morning is one of the only times during the week I can sit down and enjoy breakfast with my wife:tup:

Thanks for even occasionally giving up part of your Saturday morning then Joe. I felt the same for your Saturday series since that was also the only day me and my girlfriend have off together.

I also like the difference between the two cars, I was hoping different people would be fast in each and that's the point of alternating which class has qualifying and which was reverse grid. Since I imagined someone like Paul maybe struggling in the tuned cars, but then he's much better in races without tuning, so he would be able to start up front in something he's more competitive in and could compete for a podium.

Yeah I'm worried about having a custom track so early with so many people, especially one with some tight corners and narrow sections. I suggest doing Nurburgring GP (D for the stocks and and F for the 1000hp race) instead if that's ok with everyone next week?

You mean Nurb GP/D for stock and Nurb GP/F to tuned?
I'm ok with change.
Yeah I'm worried about having a custom track so early with so many people, especially one with some tight corners and narrow sections. I suggest doing Nurburgring GP (D for the stocks and and F for the 1000hp race) instead if that's ok with everyone next week?

Thanks for even occasionally giving up part of your Saturday morning then Joe. I felt the same for your Saturday series since that was also the only day me and my girlfriend have off together.

Also, joining would mean missing out on my Saturday night back rub:ouch: mmm, anyone got a coin?

I suggest doing Nurburgring GP (D for the stocks and and F for the 1000hp race) instead if that's ok with everyone next week?

And you couldn't have picked 2 worse tracks for me - I'm hopeless on them!

Edit: You could always do a stock TT at Mospark.

Last edited:
I friends, this is my setup for Audi RS 6 Avant ´08. I tried to post in gtplanet tunnig data base, but I couldn´t.:banghead:

Audi RS 6 Avant ´08.

112/115
11.45/10.95
2/6 or 4/8
10/6
3/7
0/0
0.12/0.12 or -0.08/0.12
5/6
35/25
37/24
20/25
20:75
1600 Kg +97 Kg 0% pos. or 50%

I hope you like it.
:gtpflag:

Oh, and I should reciprocate the thanks:tup: Mixing online racing with real life ain't always easy.

I know it's early doors but does anyone have a time to aim for in the 1000hp Super Series at Nurburgring GP/F? I'd like to try and make it if I can

Edit: Also, it would be useful to know in advance what time/weather setting we're running (something I should have done with the Muscle). Going a testing now

Latest Posts

Back